AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 20:56   Link #23881
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
So what should she do? Compromise the peace Lelouch obtained by throwing a fit to make herself and angry fanboys pissed Lelouch died feel better?

What could she possibly gain from holding a grudge against Ougi and Viletta at that point? What's done is done, and there's no point getting angry at what might have happened otherwise.
It's a peace that's lesser than what could have been in more ways than one.

And Ohgi and Villetta among others getting their just desserts could still be done without affecting the peace. Force Ohgi into resigning as Prime Minister, for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
You're perfectly free to assume that, but she seemed to know little or nothing about it according to R2 episode 5.
Even so, it's possible C. C. knew, or had an idea. Besides, Kallen was hoping Villetta hadn't noticed her in R2 5, suggesting she might have had an idea herself.

Quote:
That's one possible interpretation, from an external observer, but her actions indicate a different thought process with another focus.

First, Kallen tried to defend Lelouch and die with him if necessary. Second, she was fooled by his lies and was willing to abandon him once he pushed her away. Third, she was confused by Lelouch's last words and tried to defend him again. Fourth, Kallen expressed her doubts about what Ohgi and the other Black Knights had done, but she still felt conflicted and wished to talk to Lelouch again. Fifth, they talk and there's a kiss but nothing happens. And finally, Lelouch pulls off the Evil Emperor act and she realizes it is necessary to stop him.

If Lelouch had been willing to be more forthcoming with her, perhaps Kallen would have calmed down or assumed the attitude you're suggesting. But we can tell her mind was too full of anxiety and uncertainty about Lelouch during a lot of the post-betrayal events, which tends to preclude making a big deal about what you're mentioning, since that requires firmly knowing he is actually right.

On the contrary, I find it entirely plausible for her character as portrayed in the series. Kallen is a very emotional girl and while she did love Lelouch, it was a relationship marked by a lot of tension and conflicting thoughts. I've already addressed the Villetta angle above.
What about the ending, if nothing else, when she DID figure it out?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 21:04   Link #23882
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
And Ohgi and Villetta among others getting their just desserts could still be done without affecting the peace. Force Ohgi into resigning as Prime Minister, for starters.
Kallen is in no position to force Ohgi to resign, even if you somehow expected her to do so.

Quote:
Even so, it's possible C. C. knew, or had an idea. Besides, Kallen was hoping Villetta hadn't noticed her in R2 5, suggesting she might have had an idea herself.
Doubtful, if only because Kallen didn't want to be noticed by anyone, not just Villetta.

Quote:
What about the ending, if nothing else, when she DID figure it out?
She was shocked by the whole thing and cried over Lelouch's death, but she understood the underlying point of it. And acknowledged Suzaku as the new Zero in tears.

Which suggests she values the plan more than settling the scores for the sake of...well, not much. Dead or alive, Lelouch's not coming back.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 05:18   Link #23883
Blackmambauk

ok I think both of you make good points, me personally I agree with both of you to some degree but here's my two cents.

Well while yes it is frustrating that the show didn't really explain the full details of Zero requiem, and some of the holes in the plan (i.e. Lelouch somehow gets more hatred on him in a few months than his dad did in 20 years of ruling. what did he do bomb all the major cities with Flejia, or something else like that). That he seems to have set up a system with geassed nobles, (which brings up the morality of said action in some peoples eyes.)

ymmv the believably of the ending (for reasons mentioned above) along with stuff like the wedding photo that seems to imply years of war, hatred etc. just was all solved because of one man's actions (yeah hatred for the Germans and the Nazi didn't die with Hitler) not to mention who's wedding it is.

along with the frustration that Ohgi and Viletta along with a few others simply didn't earn their endings, plus the ending coming off as in some ways (for me anyway) insanely happy, too happy in a way inn my view, but if you like the ending that's fine nothing wrong with that, it's certainly memorable that's for sure.

Yeah it can be easy to view Code Geass ending that way, the fact they rushed through at least half of r2 certainly didn't help, the fact that because they had to do the first few episodes the way they did them because they changed timeslots, which affected the writing as they had to cut down on the grittiness of R1, along with cutting subplots that might have been interesting like Kallen's father and maybe brother appearing (that would've been nice to see and find out how he did survive).

but we got what we got at the end of the day, at least Kallen got a happy ending, at least her's feel's earned in my book.

Well at least there's fanfiction for those who want it different, myself included (which is why I write fanfic's on Code Geass), it would've been nice if code Geass writers was able to do more with the stuff they had, but oh well.

Anyway's I have read that Kallen appears in Oz the reflection, or at least her Guren does, nice to see some elaboration what she was doing between r1 and r2, what do you you guys think of this.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 07:14   Link #23884
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Karma is a Bitch, indeed. And look like the Godess of Justice is really blind...

Anyway, Kallen in Oz? Do you mean her, or just the Gurren Mk.II? If that is true, then it would probally a step in C.C plan to regroup Black Knight.

And the ending... Wonder what would happened if CLAMP is the writer, not just character designer. Somehow, a Tsubasa-ending pop in my head.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 08:02   Link #23885
Blackmambauk

here's the link on the hobby japan site (the people who print out Oz the Reflection in Japan) it shows and mentions Kallen and her Knightmare.

http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/hobbyjap...episode11.html (you need a translator as it's in Japanese, Google one is rubbish so it's rough form what I have read of it.)

Also there's a picture of Cornelia's Gloucester knightmare in episode 13 have a look.

http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/hobbyjap...episode13.html

hope that helps.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 13:11   Link #23886
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Kallen is in no position to force Ohgi to resign, even if you somehow expected her to do so.
The likes of Kaguya could do so, on grounds of treason and incompetence (which needn't be made public).
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:10   Link #23887
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I did Kaguya "cazzia" Ougi and the other black knights.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:51   Link #23888
Syaokura

Kaguya taking over Japan would've made a lot more sense than Ougi. Til this day, I still shake my head.

Anyway, since Suzaku and C.C. show up in the second Akito movie, I wonder if Kallen will get a cameo in the other parts, even if it's for a few seconds. I'll be a happy fan if she does.
Syaokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 14:28   Link #23889
Scherzo09

A big thing I feel that Geass doesn't touch upon his the fact that, as much as she identifies as 100 percent, patriotic Japanese, she's still half-Britannian. I think there should've been a lot more conflict for her; I feel it's a missed opportunity.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 12:51   Link #23890
KingEagle4

I like Kallen more than Mikasa from AoT. Maybe it's because Kallen has a better success rate, but I don't actually know why.
KingEagle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 16:34   Link #23891
Voltron-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I wouldn't go that far. She didn't trust him anymore by the end of 25 and Lelouch only trusted her as a comrade in battle. And Kallen didn't really like Lelouch all that much when they were at school though since she seems to understand his views than I guess things could change.

He convinced her to dislike him for two reasons
1. She wouldn't suspect him of being Zero anymore
2. Lelouch feels that everytime someone gets close to him, something terrible happens to them and in my opinion, Kallen is tied with Nunnally on the list of people Lelouch cares about
Voltron-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 16:40   Link #23892
Voltron-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I wouldn't go that far. She didn't trust him anymore by the end of 25 and Lelouch only trusted her as a comrade in battle. And Kallen didn't really like Lelouch all that much when they were at school though since she seems to understand his views than I guess things could change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaokura View Post
Kaguya taking over Japan would've made a lot more sense than Ougi. Til this day, I still shake my head.

Anyway, since Suzaku and C.C. show up in the second Akito movie, I wonder if Kallen will get a cameo in the other parts, even if it's for a few seconds. I'll be a happy fan if she does.
Yeah, I don't like how Ougi became the god damn Prime minister of Japan
, it should've been Kaguya, that kid is TEN TIMES better than Ougi
I mean in my opinion he did a shitty job as a leader
And The fact that he Allied the Black Knights with schisel is a PERFECT example
I think you can understand why
Voltron-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 10:55   Link #23893
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron-Zero View Post
Yeah, I don't like how Ougi became the god damn Prime minister of Japan
, it should've been Kaguya, that kid is TEN TIMES better than Ougi
I mean in my opinion he did a shitty job as a leader
And The fact that he Allied the Black Knights with schisel is a PERFECT example
I think you can understand why
I agree with you on a lot of that.
Kaguya was the best.
Ougi fell for schemes of his betters and betrayed Zero without a thorough investigation.

Kallen while trusted Zero/Lelouch as much as she could even after several times of apparent betrayal on Lelouch's part. She at least deserves some credit of sticking to something and not being wishy washy.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 15:51   Link #23894
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Best girl's coming back to kick more ass in Resurrection

Also time for the kalulu ship mk 2!
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 17:12   Link #23895
GundamFan0083

Oh c'mon, please do not start the shipping again. Do you have any idea how many of us got banned over that silliness.
Old 2016-11-27, 17:32   Link #23896
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Too late!!

The great disturbance has rocked the once peaceful forums!

Begin anew, the shipping wars will
Old 2016-11-27, 18:54   Link #23897
GundamFan0083

So it's "CRY HAVOC...and LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!"
Old 2016-11-29, 08:22   Link #23898
rinichan

I wonder how our Farmer Kallen doing these days ... I mean the timwskip years...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 15:33   Link #23899
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
I wonder how our Farmer Kallen doing these days ... I mean the timwskip years...
Twice as hot

Twice as mature

Twice as cute

Twice as badass

and Twice as best girl
Old 2016-12-14, 08:43   Link #23900
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I agree with you on a lot of that.
Kaguya was the best.
Ougi fell for schemes of his betters and betrayed Zero without a thorough investigation.

Kallen while trusted Zero/Lelouch as much as she could even after several times of apparent betrayal on Lelouch's part. She at least deserves some credit of sticking to something and not being wishy washy.
Ougi can suck a hot one- he was one of the most irritating characters in the series (and not in the good kind of irritating like "ahhh I love to hate that little shiz" nope) and the fact he got to that position in the end, just ugh ugh. I hate how he and Villetta, the other snake, never got punished for leaving Zero dry and high like this.

Kallen was a badass boss, hands down; if Lelouch hadn't been such a magnificent, calculating, cold bastard to her, she'd die with him in a hearbeat.
And even if we are to ignore her romantic feelings towards him and focus solely on the "battlefront", she'd still go down with Zero, cause she was loyal to the end; at the very least, she appreciated and was grateful for his efforts that got the Black Knights to a successful route, unlike the aformentioned pricks.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote