AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-18, 00:44   Link #1141
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I was reading that this Comiket/C80, Umineko is having another release of some kind. Some people were saying Umineko Rei? I'm confused as to what this really was.
Old 2011-06-18, 01:02   Link #1142
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It seems that there will be another Umineko release but somehow outside the main storyline. People call it "Umineko Rei" because it is supposed to be something akin to "Higurashi Rei".

It's still unknown what the title will be, and it's still unknown what it will be about. I don't think there is any confirmation that it will be released this comiket.

It's all in the air, but it's Ryuukishi himself that said he will do that so it's almost certain that sooner or later we will see it.

Old 2011-06-19, 22:34   Link #1143
unsuspectingvisitor

why did battler returned to rokkenjima? and what's his reason for returning after 6 years of absence? ,just some of few question I wanted to asked.
Old 2011-06-19, 23:48   Link #1144
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
They explain that early on, but:

For the past six years, he had been living with Asumu's parents.
Fairly recently, both of them died. At the funeral, Rudolf came on hands and knees and begged Battler to rejoin the family.
Old 2011-06-19, 23:52   Link #1145
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Battler never had anything against going to Rokkenjima or against most of his family members.

He simply decided to remove himself from the family register because he didn't want to have anything to do with Rudolf anymore. From that point he wasn't an Ushiromiya anymore and therefore he was no longer qualified to attend the family meetings.

Six years laters Battler and Rudolf reconciled. Several factors helped this to happened:

1) After six years Battler was not as furious as before.
2) Both of Battler's grandparents from his mother side died and he had no longer a family to stay with.
3) He remembered that Asumu, his mother, often acted as peacemaker between them and he thought that making up with Rudulf was what his mother would want him to do.
4) Rudolf literally prostrated in from of him asking for forgivness

So Battler made peace with Rudolf, he went back living with him, Kyrie and Ange in the same house. He returned in the family registry becoming an Ushiromiya again.

At that point there was no longer any reason for him not to attend the family meetings at Rokkenjima, plus he wanted to meet again all the relatives that he missed in those 6 years.

EDIT: Ninja'ed... but well... more details.

Old 2011-06-20, 00:29   Link #1146
Kaguramai

Not sure if this is the right place, but can someone translate the new TIPS that was released yesterday?

I heard that this one was a really absurd TIP that might as well be a doujin of Umineko..
Old 2011-06-20, 00:56   Link #1147
unsuspectingvisitor

thanks for answering guys I kinda get the idea now.
I have another question:did battler remember the promise he made to Shannon before the tragedy occur?
Old 2011-06-20, 03:48   Link #1148
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
thanks for answering guys I kinda get the idea now.
I have another question:did battler remember the promise he made to Shannon before the tragedy occur?
Spoiler for Episode8:

Old 2011-06-20, 05:46   Link #1149
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguramai View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, but can someone translate the new TIPS that was released yesterday?

I heard that this one was a really absurd TIP that might as well be a doujin of Umineko..
It's quite an important TIP, I would say.
I'll try translating it (if somebody else has already done that, please notify me), but it shouldn't be read before EP7, if not EP8.

To give an overview on what the TIP's content is:
Spoiler for EP.5 onwards and Higurashi's Saikoroshi-hen:
Old 2011-06-20, 13:30   Link #1150
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for Episode8:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2011-06-27, 00:40   Link #1151
Winar

Spoiler for Episode 7 (first scene):
Old 2011-06-27, 02:12   Link #1152
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winar View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2011-06-27 at 02:30.
Old 2011-06-27, 03:19   Link #1153
Winar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2011-06-27, 06:09   Link #1154
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winar View Post
Spoiler for EP8:
Old 2011-06-27, 14:21   Link #1155
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It seems that there will be another Umineko release but somehow outside the main storyline. People call it "Umineko Rei" because it is supposed to be something akin to "Higurashi Rei".

It's still unknown what the title will be, and it's still unknown what it will be about. I don't think there is any confirmation that it will be released this comiket.

It's all in the air, but it's Ryuukishi himself that said he will do that so it's almost certain that sooner or later we will see it.
I seem to remember the original announcement to claim it would be "another disk like tsubasa". So likely a collection of TIPS, likely including new ones.

But I might remember that wrong, sorry if that's so.
Old 2011-06-28, 00:48   Link #1156
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Spoiler for EP8:
Spoiler for EP8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winar
Spoiler for Ep8:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-28, 04:04   Link #1157
Winar

Spoiler for Good thoughts, but...:
Old 2011-07-11, 16:52   Link #1158
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Can't think of what thread to go to to post this so I figure this might be the most appropriate...
I'm planning to make a bookcase for my room that has three partitions, one will be to fill with manga and anime and the like, the other will be a desk with areas for figures and such. I want to make an adjoining part about a foot or more wide which will connect the two and want it to have a compartment which uses the epitaphs puzzle to open, I already have Beatos portrait and an epitaph transcription in my room but I need to figure out how to build the compartment, figure people here might be able to throw me some ideas on how to build it.

Spoiler for EP7 Epitaph Solution Spoilers:

Anyways, I figure this is going to be hard for me to figure out but I figured if anyone is interested in thinking about it they could give me some ideas
Old 2011-07-11, 17:34   Link #1159
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Can't think of what thread to go to to post this so I figure this might be the most appropriate...
I'm planning to make a bookcase for my room that has three partitions, one will be to fill with manga and anime and the like, the other will be a desk with areas for figures and such. I want to make an adjoining part about a foot or more wide which will connect the two and want it to have a compartment which uses the epitaphs puzzle to open, I already have Beatos portrait and an epitaph transcription in my room but I need to figure out how to build the compartment, figure people here might be able to throw me some ideas on how to build it.

Spoiler for EP7 Epitaph Solution Spoilers:

Anyways, I figure this is going to be hard for me to figure out but I figured if anyone is interested in thinking about it they could give me some ideas
Depends on how "high tech" you want to make it. It could probably be done easily with buttons and logic gates, but here's how I would do it:
Spoiler for epitaph spoilers:
Then carelessly and indiscriminately curse it with as much black magic as you can find!
Old 2011-07-11, 19:10   Link #1160
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Spoiler for Epitaph Spoilers:

Tags
q&a