AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 15:36   Link #261
KrimzonStriker

They kind of needed to take it from there rivals though, so it could have slowed them down for awhile both in settlement and expansion before they could establish a strong Industrial Center before those in Europe did.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 15:43   Link #262
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I was talking about Africa though not the EU it self.

As for the 19th century being the German century, I politely disagree, most of it is definitely dominated by the British due to her Empire and of course due to the Industrial Revolution and for a long while the centre of the world was London it self.

Also did the Industrial Revolution take place in CG world? If so, where did it start?
I am not speaking only of political influence, but of general cultural and economic dynamism (i.e: number of scientists, artists and philosophers genereated, along with population explosion)

I'm a bit partial, but here is how I represent history of Europe:
-XIII: Flanders
-XIV: Hanse league
-XV: Italian Renaissance, with France building up after the 100 year war
-XVI: Golden Century: Spain and Portugal
-XVII: en of Spain Golden Century, arising of the Sun King: France, build up of England
-XVIII: till middle, Lumieres: France, second half, industrial revolution in England, build up of Germany and Russia
-XIX: first half: England, second: Germany
-turn of century: decline of England and France, Germany's zenith, Russian cultural explosion

About England being a major power in the XIX th, I agree, but the effective cultural and population surge of the Englishs was a little before they could use those to build an Empire on which the Sun never set, industrial revolution began there in the XVIII th, allowing a population surge that allowed cultural radiance and emigration to fill the colonies by the beginning of the XIX th century.

In the XIX th the British Empire had roughly already risen, those who rose during that century were the German, and later the Russians.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 15:51   Link #263
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I assume he was talking about that our 19th century is the German century. If he's talking about CG Germany then I'll stand corrected. (could still be Britannia though, they have the all the American resources for themselves )
Well one thing that ignited the American Revolution in our world was that the burgeonning industrial base buidling there was made illegal to ensure market for Made in England finite products.
As it happened also, but with a different result in the CG verse, we could assume they could have started their industrial revolution in Britannia by the beginning of the XIX th century.
And I suppose that by the same time it would also have started in Germany.
Old 2008-04-13, 17:24   Link #264
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
So...

Spoiler for Whats the Plan?:

Most likely already posted but eh xD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 21:10   Link #265
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Damn, I can't wait for when this battle goes worldwide. As to your question about "What's the plan?" You would probably need to invade from the northwest along that stretch of islands into Alaska. Since you need to re-supply and it would be very difficult to defend heading across the ocean with reinforcements constantly pouring in from the Homeland.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 21:15   Link #266
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

I Just Realized the French kicked out the Britain's O.o

....poor Brittania lost the momeland xD

Old 2008-04-13, 21:16   Link #267
KrimzonStriker

North America is the new homeland, so it's all good
Old 2008-04-13, 22:09   Link #268
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
North America is the new homeland, so it's all good
MOMELAND.

<<

Pfft, Area People..What do they know..

Old 2008-04-13, 23:43   Link #269
Dufe

Australia isn't apart of the Britannia Empire which makes you wonder what role they play in the code geass world. If I were Britannia... I would invade them lol.
Old 2008-04-13, 23:52   Link #270
KrimzonStriker

They could be a Dominion, you know, semi-autonomous but still a part of Britannia. Same goes for India >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 06:07   Link #271
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
They could be a Dominion, you know, semi-autonomous but still a part of Britannia. Same goes for India >_>
According to the map India is part of China.
Old 2008-04-14, 07:39   Link #272
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
About EU and colonies dominant langage, I think that would be German... If you forget England, those who defeated Napoleon were Prussia, Austria and Russia... Considering England influence as nil due to the exile of monarchy, the downfall of France after the little corsican, the last influent culture to remain would have been the german.

Plus that fit's the Panzer Hummel and the "Genious-commander-in-EL-Alamein".
This is a great point. In CG, Napoleon's eventual defeat would have had to come without contribution from the British, as the monarchy was recently dissolved and the loyalists retreating to America. Since England was out of the picture, ignoring the butterfly effect (assuming history remains in place except where specifically altered), Waterloo would have been a solo effort from the Prussians; figures on wikipedia show that this would have actually been an even fight.

The social and economic upheaval which must have plagued the British Isles after the Revolution would have seriously weakened the new revolutionary state. It is possible that England's industrial revolution was disrupted, perhaps thrown off for decades by more pressing matters on people's minds like refugees and relocation across the Atlantic (for some).

So in the aftermath of Napoleon, with France defeated and Britain divided and weakened, it may well be that European leadership swings permanently towards "the Germans." German industrialization and the formation of a unified Germany may have taken place 40-50 years earlier, rather than following after England.

All in all, the way history pans out in CG favors the possibility that Germanic predominance in Europe takes place early, benefiting from its single-handed defeated of Napoleon (the Russians and Austrians may have helped, but that didn't happen in the actual Waterloo) and the resulting power vacuum. If the Germans then took a leadership role in Europe's industrialization (which England did, in actuality), then it seems possible--though by no means certain--that Code Geass' European Union would be shaped primarily after German influence, rather than a mix of English and French.

This is all very conjectural, so suppose the our world's EU is 1/3 English 1/3 French 1/3 German (influence/power wise; ignores other countries, not scientific), Code Geass' EU might be 1/6 English, 1/4 French, and 7/12 German.
Old 2008-04-14, 08:02   Link #273
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

When you look at this map, Brittania isn't that powerful anymore, sure they have a third of the world's landmass.But the EU and China has the rest, so it's balanced.
Old 2008-04-14, 08:44   Link #274
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufe View Post
Australia isn't apart of the Britannia Empire which makes you wonder what role they play in the code geass world. If I were Britannia... I would invade them lol.
The only possible explanation I could give is that Britannia saw no immediate benefit in invading it. Remember that when the Dutch arrived first, they actually rejected it as a colony because they think it is too dry.

Australia is obviously colonised by somebody. But it is probablly a purely rural community with little industry or acess to resources.

And most importantly of all, people most DEFINITELY have not discovered the significant gold deposits there.
Old 2008-04-14, 09:13   Link #275
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The only possible explanation I could give is that Britannia saw no immediate benefit in invading it. Remember that when the Dutch arrived first, they actually rejected it as a colony because they think it is too dry.

Australia is obviously colonised by somebody. But it is probablly a purely rural community with little industry or acess to resources.

And most importantly of all, people most DEFINITELY have not discovered the significant gold deposits there.
Don't forget the Uranium!
Old 2008-04-14, 09:32   Link #276
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

hmmm if Australia in the CG world was created from the criminals from the UK would that make them a potential ally to the Britainian Empire or the EU?

Also, it looks like the Empire owns New Zealand. I wouldn't doubt if the Chinese and the Empire have been fighting a proxy war in Australia through sponsored opposition groups.

Looks like prior the Japan falling there were only 3 autonomous regions, including Australia and what looks to be mostly Saudi Arabia and some other middle eastern countries.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:38   Link #277
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Don't forget the Uranium!
Oh, I havent... Except of course, currently Uranium is nothing more than a curious material in the Code Geass science community. Nina's research might change that eventually, but there would be no time to dig them out of Australia in the episodes we have left.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:24   Link #278
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

I am still supporting my view as to a Brittanian armada being the driving force of WW1.

I'm surprised someone realised just now that the Brittanians are British Exiles....

If I alter my previous statement slightly, to say that the EU when formed from the crumbled empire, were able to reverse enginear the ironclads and force the British out of Europe all over again..... This could lead to the current world climate with Brittania attempting a second expedition to recover the motherland.

Tad dissapointed that Britian isn't in the hands of its people, but if they are still fighting for Hiigara.... er I mean their Homeland then thats British enough for me.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:45   Link #279
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
According to the map India is part of China.
And according to the series India basically does it's own thing, or is Larkshata a Latino now? We didn't see the full extent of the map into all of India, only parts of it around the North and the territory of Bangladash >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 11:30   Link #280
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm not sure if Sunrise is really putting that much thought into the show (it would be nice if they did some more research :P momeland, those darn Elevens...).

Also has anyone noticed that the borders here are almost exactly the same as Gundam 00, I think the only difference is Russia and Africa being in the EU (though Africa seemed to be dominated by the AEU in Gundam). It would be nice if Sunrise Mech shows weren't dominated by Super Powers for a change. It also would have been nice if Brittania was closer to historical Britain (in actually owning Britain, hopefully they're still trying to reconquer it)
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote