AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 15:01   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Bellamy is dead isnt he?

We don't know that for sure. For all we know, the dachshund "hyena" is probably some world noble's slave bitch right about now. Death is rare in this series, anyway.

And I actually agree about a Nero ministory, for reasons I already elaborated on in a previous post in this thread. Wanze and Jerry would be great too (along with T-Bone), but sadly I think those characters would be considered a bit too minor for a ministory.......
Old 2009-05-24, 08:15   Link #22
game2007

T-Bone is at Marineford currently. Look closely in the background of the lowest panel:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/524/16/
Old 2009-05-24, 20:14   Link #23
marvelB

^I'm aware of T-Bone's recent reappearance (I even pointed that out when the chapter first came out), but I still really like the idea of him getting a ministory. I mean, the guy's motto is "100 good deeds a day"..... how would that not be great ministory material? Oda could just show roughly half of his good deeds (about 40-50 chapters, otherwise). I'd also love to see how it would tie into the main storyline......
Old 2009-06-05, 14:31   Link #24
marvelB

Pardon the bump, but I thought I'd mention something interesting here since we can also discuss the SBS in this thread: According to the volume 54 SBS, we learn that the different generations of CP9 are chiefly made up of orphans. However, one exception (aside from Spandam) is Califa, whose dad was a CP9 agent (you see him with Spandam's dad in the Ohara flashback. He's the dude on the far right). Nice to learn a bit more about the inner workings of the government.....

....Heh, kinda funny that Oda didn't mention Kumadori, since he even mentioned in a past SBS that his mother was still alive. Or maybe this means that she's his adoptive mother.....?
Old 2009-06-05, 18:19   Link #25
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Pardon the bump, but I thought I'd mention something interesting here since we can also discuss the SBS in this thread: According to the volume 54 SBS, we learn that the different generations of CP9 are chiefly made up of orphans. However, one exception (aside from Spandam) is Califa, whose dad was a CP9 agent (you see him with Spandam's dad in the Ohara flashback. He's the dude on the far right). Nice to learn a bit more about the inner workings of the government.....
Orphans huh? That's interesting, reminds me of Gunslinger Girl.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:45   Link #26
marvelB

More fun SBS facts ahoy:

Remember when we first heard about Hancock at Amazon Lily, people brought up this image when speculating on her appearance? Well, it turns out those people were half-right. See, this image was actually an early design for our beloved pirate empress. Oda's editors asked him to draw an image depicting some future opponents that Luffy and co. would face in the GL, so he drew this little ditty. This means the other 3 dudes will appear in the story at some point, perhaps as one of the Yonkou or something like that.....
Old 2009-06-05, 21:30   Link #27
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
More fun SBS facts ahoy:

Remember when we first heard about Hancock at Amazon Lily, people brought up this image when speculating on her appearance? Well, it turns out those people were half-right. See, this image was actually an early design for our beloved pirate empress. Oda's editors asked him to draw an image depicting some future opponents that Luffy and co. would face in the GL, so he drew this little ditty. This means the other 3 dudes will appear in the story at some point, perhaps as one of the Yonkou or something like that.....
right is it just me or is the guy on the right with the green gloves that guy thats part of Don Krieg's crew?
I'm sure thats gotta be him, hell middle guy is somewhat like Krieg himself.
well pretty interesting stuff thats for sure, glad the Boa design somewhat stayed, I love a lovely coke bottle build
Old 2009-06-05, 21:54   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
right is it just me or is the guy on the right with the green gloves that guy thats part of Don Krieg's crew?

You mean Pearl? No, he looks completely different (he wore those goofy shields around his body, remember?). These guys are supposed to be new characters who show up in the GL....

Anyway, I think that viking dude looks pretty cool. Makes me wonder if he'll turn out to be an Elbaf giant or something.....
Old 2009-06-05, 21:56   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think all the vikings we've seen so far are Elbaf giants lol

Oda probably made vikings as Elbaf itself, even their ships are viking styled.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-05, 23:22   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
You mean Pearl? No, he looks completely different (he wore those goofy shields around his body, remember?). These guys are supposed to be new characters who show up in the GL....
yea I know that guy had the goofy shields and all but like you said these were early designs, I just see it as that guy being a early desing of Pearl. Well didn't like that guys design all too much anyway.
Hope we get to see someone along the lines of what we see here along with the viking dude.

haven't had anyone show up in the GL yet thats been like Kuro, Don, Buggy or the sort. Guess Duval could fall into that category but he isn't really a rival pirate at heart.
Old 2009-06-13, 15:25   Link #31
marvelB

Thought I'd bump this thread to talk about something interesting: I just finished rereading the Wapol ministory, and noticed that the former king ended up becoming famous not only because he became a toymaker, but because he created a new type of metal. Then it hit me: What if Wapol's metal is what's used as the Pacifista's alloy? We know it can't be seastone, since that would mean Kuma would be unable to use his DF power, yet Zoro clearly commented on how the alloy was much stronger than steel. Perhaps Wapol is secretly outsourcing his "Wapometal" to the government for their experiments while maintaining his image as a respectable toymaker to the outside world? Heh, wouldn't THAT be an interesting way for him to return to the main storyline......
Old 2009-06-13, 16:27   Link #32
Rainbowman

Quote:
More fun SBS facts ahoy:

With the picture I saw, I might assume that the viking could be the yet to be named yonkou that matches the silhouette with the crazy hair. And one of the other two could be Kaidou (most likely the sword-wielder with boxing gloves).
Old 2009-06-13, 16:53   Link #33
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Thought I'd bump this thread to talk about something interesting: I just finished rereading the Wapol ministory, and noticed that the former king ended up becoming famous not only because he became a toymaker, but because he created a new type of metal. Then it hit me: What if Wapol's metal is what's used as the Pacifista's alloy? We know it can't be seastone, since that would mean Kuma would be unable to use his DF power, yet Zoro clearly commented on how the alloy was much stronger than steel. Perhaps Wapol is secretly outsourcing his "Wapometal" to the government for their experiments while maintaining his image as a respectable toymaker to the outside world? Heh, wouldn't THAT be an interesting way for him to return to the main storyline......
I think I said something about Wapometal being used for Pacifista or Kuma's body weeks ago, though I can't remember which thread it was. And whether Wapol will return, I believe he will.
Old 2009-06-15, 19:17   Link #34
marvelB

^Ah, you mentioned the idea, as well? I hadn't noticed. Well, it's nice to see that someone else had the same idea about the Wapometal.

Also, I'm pretty curious as to how exactly Gedatsu's ministory will effect the "main timeline". We know that he opened a hot spring in Alabasta, so does this mean that he'll spread his business throughout the GL? Boy, would it be amusing to see the Straw-Hats meet him in the New World......
Old 2009-06-15, 21:21   Link #35
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Whatever happened to Kuro? His arc was what got me into one piece. I always wondered what happened to him.

Of course there is Krieg too, He was one of my favorite villians.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:59   Link #36
marvelB

I figured that I'd once again resurrect this thread in light of the events in Zoro's ministory. Continuing a conversation from the chapter 560 discussion thread, I think it may be possible that the shadow lurking near Zoro and Perona may belong to some long-lost master swordsman. Of course, I'm basing this off nothing more than the mere fact that the shadowy figure is holding a sword in his hand, but I still think it's possible, especially considering that we saw that some Straw-Hats were sent to locations that serve to strengthen their abilities (like Nami being on a sky island that studies weather, and Franky being sent to the island where Dr. Vegapunk was born). As I've been saying in the chapter threads, Zoro will eventually need to learn how to cut diamond, and this may be the best time for him to learn such a secret.

I'm also highly curious about Usopp's weight gain, and how that will benefit him in future battles. Maybe it's to make him less prone to running away from his enemies?
Old 2009-10-09, 20:28   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wish to see Zoro meeting a swordsman that resembles Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin for obvious reasons.
Old 2009-10-10, 13:15   Link #38
blade82

i think a "Demon Eyes Kyo" suit him better for a master
Old 2009-10-10, 13:57   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wish to see Zoro meeting a swordsman that resembles Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin for obvious reasons.

Actually, if we're talking about Kenshin influences here, then I'd sort of expect our hypothetical sword master to be based off of Hiko Seijurou (who had trained Kenshin). Methinks Zoro would benefit more from a stricter teacher than an easygoing one (Zoro's sensei from East Blue didn't really seem all that strict either, actually)......
Closed Thread