AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-01, 12:14   Link #81
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

All is fine as long as Seolla is in, can't wait for some Twin Bird Strike.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 12:21   Link #82
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for One more from ED:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 12:30   Link #83
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Spoiler for .:
Old 2010-10-01, 12:41   Link #84
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And now, more of the mechs

Spoiler for Mech shots:

OP Sequence Montage

Spoiler for OP:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2010-10-01 at 12:58.
Old 2010-10-01, 13:07   Link #85
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

danm can't wait for the raws

i hope that compatible kaiser gets animated as well
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 13:31   Link #86
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Just saw the first episode and... GOD, DAT ACTION

Just in animation alone the first episode of The Inspectors is already the best animated SRW feature ever, with far superior animation the OVA and Divine Wars. Episode was more on the exposition side with lots of talking, so subs would make it more appreciable. Doesn't mean it lacks in action though, and the first few minutes of the episode is bound to make your jaw drop.

Spoiler for Fights:

Also, OP and ED. REVOLVING STAKE

*fanboys at REAL MEN RIDE EACH OTHER and thought of animated TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU*

Old 2010-10-01, 14:57   Link #87
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Tatsumaki Zankantou.

My life is complete.
Old 2010-10-01, 15:42   Link #88
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
These anime directors have a rabid obsession with making mechs look like birds, don't they?
First Wing Gundam, now this. When are they going to realize that mechs are not supposed to look like birds?

Also, Aya is ridiculously hot. I mean, wow.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 16:19   Link #89
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Good episode, and it's pretty surprising to see...him right in the first episode I cried when I hear the BGM of each respective mecha start to play...it's been a while since the last time I heard that ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 17:02   Link #90
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Can't say I'm a fan of the OP, but, damn, Alfimi .
Old 2010-10-01, 17:34   Link #91
Dart

Looking at the first few minutes and the regeneration of the MkIII, doesn't that kind of confirm the suspicion that
Spoiler for mkIII:

Op: I'm not quite sold on the song yet, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Also, why the hell does the Angelg have nipples now?

Huckbein MkII-M. So the Huckbein series does exist now, after totally getting the shaft in the first series.

...Lee. I hate you. Go away.

Lion Type-L! They're introducing the OGS (PS2) mechs!

Yuuki and Carla (and Archibald)...kinda early, but sure, why not.

Thrudgelmir!? Really? And what's that flying unit it shot down? (nevermind, checked it, it's a Stork)

Angelg makes a hell of an entrance... whatever happened to the ATX team rescuing her from the NeoDC?

Anyway, so this is more of a loose adaption of OG2, than a perfect carry-over of the game. That's fine. I think they might have spoiled things a little too much by bringing Thrudgelmir in at this point, especially since (with the exception of the Angelg), they have two RRs (Weiss and the Huckbein-M), one SR-wannabe (Alt), and the Angelg... and there probably won't be a serious Angelg Vs. Thrudgelmir at this point, so I really wonder how they're going to make him retreat.

Overall, loved the intro, and just about everything else EXCEPT seeing Thrudgelmir already.

PS - Someone needs to take the OP and do a Trombe! cut-in. (Also, at the very very start of the op, what's the word reflected on the upper-left of Kyosuke's helmet?)

Last edited by Dart; 2010-10-01 at 18:32. Reason: Live-blogging my watching of the raw, I guess
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 18:00   Link #92
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Looking at the first few minutes and the regeneration of the MkIII, doesn't that kind of confirm the suspicion that
Spoiler for mkIII:
Well in OGS wasn't it prove that it was Einst Kyosuke?

Anyhow the episode was great lot of actions and lot of fantastic musics that I missed. The mech looks beautiful so does the characters (all the girls look hot as well).

But not seeing Ibis makes me sad . I hope they aren't going to leave her out of this one.
Old 2010-10-01, 18:09   Link #93
Dahak86
Classics never age

haven't watched first ep yet...
but daaamn... Great OP!! and DAT ED! (amazing fanservice indeed)
awesome animation too!

also, judging by the comments so far, it looks very good!
and with this, my mecha desires for the Fall are granted.

gotta love this =>
Old 2010-10-01, 18:17   Link #94
ShiroiRyu

Hello .. One question : Newer saw the first season, i can watch this one ?
And i played only SRT : OG Endless Frontier (the first one, i wait for the second in english, no news about it ? ), i will know some characters or not ? ^^

Dahak86 : Good profile picture, what is coming from ?XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 18:24   Link #95
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
And i played only SRT : OG Endless Frontier (the first one, i wait for the second in english, no news about it ? ), i will know some characters or not ? ^^

Dahak86 : Good profile picture, what is coming from ?XD
If you were to watch this there would be few things that you won't get. I would recommend playing OG1 and OG2 for GBA, both are translated in English, instead of watching the anime. The reason is that the first season was fairly mediocre and the game would be better. As for Frontier I haven't played it but as far as I know only in the second one there would be characters appearing in Inspector.
Old 2010-10-01, 18:56   Link #96
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Some things here (like the entire bit before the op) probably wouldn't make sense until later in the season, unless you've played OG2. OG1... sort of. It's always better to get as much info about the setting as you can, but you should be able to manage with just OG2.

As for EF, well, the Nacht, Abend, Phantom and Arcgain were copies of the Alteisen, Weisritter, Gestpenst and Soulgain, so you'd recognize those, but since EF is a (very) alternate universe, there isn't too much in common. At most, there'd be a little more about the background of Haken, Cardia and Achen as part of the W-series, and some coverage of the Einst and where the last area in EF came from.
Old 2010-10-01, 19:02   Link #97
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

Anyhow the episode was great lot of actions and lot of fantastic musics that I missed. The mech looks beautiful so does the characters (all the girls look hot as well).

But not seeing Ibis makes me sad . I hope they aren't going to leave her out of this one.
Having not played OGS due to not knowing Japanese, I have no idea. Last I heard, it was fanon, with no official confirmation.

And I agree completely about Ibis (or more precisely, the Calion and Astelion). I hope they make the cut. And given your username, I'd guess you're even more hopeful than the rest of us... but given her total non-appearance in either the OP or ED, it doesn't look too good for her, unless they sneak her in as a surprise addition somewhere.
Old 2010-10-01, 19:29   Link #98
ShiroiRyu

Erf erf erf ... Ok, ok ...
I will try to have so recap because playing the two games will take so much time.
Anyways, thanks for your answers for you two. ^^
Just one last question : It's in ALL the SRT saga, we have boobs joke or just in Endless Frontier ? :s
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:14   Link #99
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow. It's a good thing I don't judge much by the OP and ED sequences, 'cause they were both atrocious here.

What the heck was that horrible noise playing for the OP? And the ED didn't sound much better.

SRW has always had a history of it (actually Divine Wars didn't), but this really takes the "jiggle factor" a tad too far. When they're bouncing several inches individually like that, it's definitely over the top.

I'd expect it from a fanservice-centered show like Sora no Otoshimono or Vandread, but this is a mecha show with plot and story. There's good fanservice and way-over-the-top fanservice, and this show is reaching for the latter with a vengeance. When a mecha has tits like spearheads (and the Angelg was never that bad in that area before), you can tell the artists have their heads in the gutter. Maybe someday SRW OG might get an eroge like Jinki: Extend has, but this isn't it.

Getting past the travesty that were the OP and ED and the fanservice that makes my eyes hurt (and I'm one of the guys that always argues "fanservice isn't bad"), the episode itself was a nice treat. Granted I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I was to Divine Wars (I'm a bigger fan of the SRX team than the ATX Team, even if this will still have good SRX Team center-age), but it still looks good.
Old 2010-10-01, 20:21   Link #100
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow. It's a good thing I don't judge much by the OP and ED sequences, 'cause they were both atrocious here.

What the heck was that horrible noise playing for the OP? And the ED didn't sound much better.

SRW has always had a history of it (actually Divine Wars didn't), but this really takes the "jiggle factor" a tad too far. When they're bouncing several inches individually like that, it's definitely over the top.

I'd expect it from a fanservice-centered show like Sora no Otoshimono or Vandread, but this is a mecha show with plot and story. There's good fanservice and way-over-the-top fanservice, and this show is reaching for the latter with a vengeance. When a mecha has tits like spearheads (and the Angelg was never that bad in that area before), you can tell the artists have their heads in the gutter. Maybe someday SRW OG might get an eroge like Jinki: Extend has, but this isn't it.

Getting past the travesty that were the OP and ED and the fanservice that makes my eyes hurt (and I'm one of the guys that always argues "fanservice isn't bad"), the episode itself was a nice treat. Granted I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I was to Divine Wars (I'm a bigger fan of the SRX team than the ATX Team, even if this will still have good SRX Team center-age), but it still looks good.
SRW has always been Fanservice heavy, besides, the show has Masami Obari at the helm, surely you've seen his Gravion work ? The fact that they are keeping the majority of it located to the Ending, it doesn't bother me, what did the actual episode have besides Excellen's assets bouncing around? Very little I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

It was actually from the first Endless Frontier Drama CD, which played out pretty much like the opening segment of the first episode. I was very shocked and excited to see them adapting it as in OG2GBA they cut away when the "Beowulves" arrive and in OGsOG2 a similar thing happens.

also, shouldn't the thread title be "Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector"?

Tags
mecha, science fiction