AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-23, 23:51   Link #1
indicatoto101

Chrno Crusade episode 5 discussion

Great epiosode. I liked the comedy at the beginning and the serious stuff at the end.
I don't know how to make spoiler tags so....
The girl in episode 5 preview looked a lot like one of Chris' team mates from Scrapped Princess.
Old 2003-12-24, 00:09   Link #2
Demon Chrno
Inactive Member

this was a pretty good episode, but i dont get what the hell rosette was doing inside azmaria's body. Azmaria saved her so what in the world was rosette supposed to do in there, she had no weapon to defeat the demon............
Old 2003-12-24, 00:15   Link #3
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
How long do you think this anime will be?
Old 2003-12-24, 03:34   Link #4
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
How long do you think this anime will be?
If the show keeps its current pace it'll probably be about 13-14 episodes.

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2003-12-24 at 04:03.
Old 2003-12-24, 11:11   Link #5
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
But there are so many unanswered questions!!! It would but such ashame if it ends with 13 or 14 eps. But no one seem to know exactly when it will end. -o-
Old 2003-12-24, 11:25   Link #6
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I am not sure how many vol the manga has, but the series is scheduled for 13 eps. Ep5 was the end of vol2. Ep6 will be the beginning to vol3. The new girl who shall rename nameless for now is very cool and has some great powers of her own. I have only read vol1-3 and i know that some cool stuff is up ahead.
Old 2003-12-24, 11:40   Link #7
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Chrno
this was a pretty good episode, but i dont get what the hell rosette was doing inside azmaria's body. Azmaria saved her so what in the world was rosette supposed to do in there, she had no weapon to defeat the demon............
I think Rosette went into her Azmaria's mind and tried to make her snap out of it (the devil was a mind eater) so its more like mind wars (matrix?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101
I don't know how to make spoiler tags so....
the code is [ spoiler]your spoilers here[ /spoiler] without the spacings
Old 2003-12-24, 11:49   Link #8
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
I am not sure how many vol the manga has, but the series is scheduled for 13 eps. Ep5 was the end of vol2. Ep6 will be the beginning to vol3. The new girl who shall rename nameless for now is very cool and has some great powers of her own. I have only read vol1-3 and i know that some cool stuff is up ahead.
You sure about the episode count? As far as I know the 13 episodes is only fan speculation at this point. I don't think there ever was any official confirmation.
Old 2003-12-24, 22:42   Link #9
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

As far as I know, the series is running for 26 episodes - the 13 episode guess was only a worst case scenerio that some people came up with.

As for myself... this most recent episode has very greatly disappointed me. They're going way to fast, and have left out a lot of important things that are dealt with in the manga, and I have the feeling that the Crusade anime may end up like the DN Angel anime series - a very different beast from the manga it was based on. Which was a great pity. If nothing else, they've definately been 'dumbing down' the anime thus far as compared to the manga. Which is pretty sad - they've left out a lot of important character development thus far, in favor of more action sequences.

So far they've actually skipped literally ALL of volume 2 - the Grand Central Station scene with Remington being the most important, next to the flashback that explains just what happened to Joshua and Rosette when they were younger, and how they met Chrno. Its very disappointing how they've handled a lot of elements in the manga that don't make complete sense until later on by simply chosing to ignore them completely or change them around in the anime.

The tone of Crusade is altered a lot by this episode - there is actually no mention of biblical events or Satan in the manga, and while its understandable that Sister Kate may think in those terms, the Magdalan Order KNOWS how the demons operate and where they come from, and they know it isn't the biblical hell. Not to mention what Chrno said about Ion's plans... erm... no. Chrno is the one person above all else who should have some idea about what Ion is wanting to do, and the fact that he chose to say what he did... is not reassuring for the direction that they are going to take the series in, because its completely different from the manga.

Spoiler:
So that level of change between the manga and the anime is... very disturbing, and makes me wonder how Gonzo is going to handle things from here on out.

Not to mention how they've already butchered Ion's character before he even SHOWS UP physically - the fact that the Order knows much about him at all at Sister Kate's level is a major change from the manga.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-25, 00:04   Link #10
abubo

Good episode, but that mind-entering contraption's too high tech for the 1920's methinks...

One thing for certain (I don't think this is a spoiler), Rosette's not really a nun... so all her non-nun-ish shenanegans should be explained now Good news indeed!

Azmaria's part of the gang now, with her own hat and everything... this sure is fun, a psudo-nun, a devil and an angelic apostle in a demon-busting team! Wow I love this series even more now.
Old 2003-12-28, 02:02   Link #11
pianoanime
Inactive Member

ano....... sumimasen...
I don't mean to break up the conversation, but I would like help on something that I figure you folks could help me with best.
I am planning on cosplaying Chrno at ACen this year, and I would like to know if you guys could direct me to any good quality scans online, or just VERY detailed images that might be helpful in building the costume... I have downloaded every episode so far that has gotten fansubbed, but I need as many good reference shots as possible, as the manga probably provides much more detailed images in certain spots than the anime, plus it's easier to enhance and print a scan than it is to print a divx screencap on my piece of crap computer...

arigato gozaimasu!
ja ne!
--Josh
www.geocities.com/pianoanime
Old 2003-12-28, 15:49   Link #12
Serenity-san
Where is my BISH?

it was a great episode, i wish there was more of chrno and rosette working together but i guess not.

I hope this series is for about 26 episodes, i think 13 is toooo short.
Old 2003-12-31, 03:51   Link #13
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
So that level of change between the manga and the anime is... very disturbing, and makes me wonder how Gonzo is going to handle things from here on out.

Not to mention how they've already butchered Ion's character before he even SHOWS UP physically - the fact that the Order knows much about him at all at Sister Kate's level is a major change from the manga.
Hmm... I'm sad to hear that. Seldom do series that stray from the original be able to hold up on their own. Hopefully the anime can come up with a different flavour of their own.

If the series has 26 episodes in total, I do hope they have some interesting material since you mentioned that they skipped volume 2 entirely.
Old 2004-01-29, 22:56   Link #14
portapottyguy

where to get manga?

where can i get the manga?!
Old 2004-01-30, 00:46   Link #15
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by portapottyguy
where can i get the manga?!
Well for starters you can purchase it legally. See this sticky

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=442

Also the manga was recently licensed in the U.S by ADV and the first volume should be released in May 2004.