AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-08-26, 06:35   Link #1361
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Booklet translations

レリックウェポン - Relic Weapon

Details are still unclear at this point.
The only pieces that can be confirmed are "a Lost Logia with an unclear purpose," and "a doctor engaged in physical modification."

竜魂召喚 - Dragon Soul Summon
Fried, Caro's contracted dragon, normally accompanies Caro in a small form, but through a "Dragon Soul Summon" Fried can revert to its natural form. To have an enormous summoned beast with them, and to have the power of their natural forms ready at all times, Soul Summoning can be said to be an indispensable spell for summoners who normally have a summoned beast accompany them; however, because it is an advanced spell, the number of practitioners is small, even among summoners. Fried's natural form is a rare "flying dragon" from the Alzus territory. Fried can fly through the air with Caro on its back, breathing flames.

出力リミッター/能力限定 - Output Limiter / Ability restriction
The set total number of mage ranks within each unit is basically an ambiguous standard, depending on connections or left to the whims of a Human Resources officer, which is used to prevent any particular unit from amassing powerful mages. Unlike equipment, this measurement can fluctuate (mage ranks can go up or down depending on examinations and updates). Since "Rank = the level of ability" is not true, these Limiter settings can be used to accommodate the rank restrictions to some extent, and there is an tacit understanding of this loophole. Limiters for high ranking mages normally restrict only output, and can only be released in extreme situations after receiving approval. This is similar to how a normal organization is restricted from carrying excessive weaponry during normal missions, only using such equipment in times of emergency.

レリック - Relic
A Lost Logia categorized as Dangerous. Up to now, their true purpose is unknown; however the existance of "someone" using Gadgets to collect them is the provisional basis for the creation of Riot Force 6.

聖王教会 - Saint Church
A world religion, boasting the longest reach in the Interdimensional World. A religion with a history continuing since Ancient Belkan times, the "Saint King" of Ancient Belka received his calling as a prophet, and "the Saint Movement" was established to spread these teachings. Afterwords, since the Saint King accomplished great achievements time and again, in the present day the Saint King himself has become the idol of the belief. Even though there are some small differences in creed on different worlds or territories, compared to other religions "the Saint Movement" is relatively liberal, and because of that there are many believers. In many scenic areas, the churches are also well known sight-seeing stops due to their beauty. The Grand Cathedral in the Belka Self-Governing Region is especially well known for this reason, and so is a popular location for weddings among young people, such as Fate and Nanoha (Just kidding)

I had Saint-ism instead of the Saint Movement at first, but that was just too weird for humbug. Anyone have any other suggestions for 聖王教?

Woohoo, booklet tl suggestion backlog cleared. Any requests?
Old 2007-08-26, 07:38   Link #1362
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Thanks a lot, selkirk. Those translations are much appreciated. Saint Church sounds a little by Islam from the prophet to the movement get go. Movement seems to be the most appropriate term in the context, since religion-wise, there are little words that can be used appropriately.

*jots down stuff...wedding, pasta, religion...*

As for the vague stuff... should had known. Since you've already accommodated to my request in record time too, I'll leave others for request.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 09:39   Link #1363
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
魔導師の食事 - A mage's diet[/B]
For mages, Mana in the atmosphere is linked together in an organ, the "Linker core", and stored within their body. For quick replenishment, a balanced diet consisting of sugars, carbohydrates and proteins is essential, as are a variety of vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy body. Therefore out of necessity, mages undergoing hard training during their early growth period eat a much larger diet compared to an ordinary person. Furthermore, pasta and other noodle-type foods are easily digested, so these types of food, known as 「Loading Foods」, are loved by many mages, since they allow for quick energy and Mana replenishment.
This validates my Reactive Linker Core congenital disease. :3

Quote:
聖王教会 - Saint Church
A world religion, boasting the longest reach in the Interdimensional World. A religion with a history continuing since Ancient Belkan times, the "Saint King" of Ancient Belka received his calling as a prophet, and "the Saint Movement" was established to spread these teachings. Afterwords, since the Saint King accomplished great achievements time and again, in the present day the Saint King himself has become the idol of the belief. Even though there are some small differences in creed on different worlds or territories, compared to other religions "the Saint Movement" is relatively liberal, and because of that there are many believers. In many scenic areas, the churches are also well known sight-seeing stops due to their beauty. The Grand Cathedral in the Belka Self-Governing Region is especially well known for this reason, and so is a popular location for weddings among young people, such as Fate and Nanoha (Just kidding)

I had Saint-ism instead of the Saint Movement at first, but that was just too weird for humbug. Anyone have any other suggestions for 聖王教?
... And this made me go . The Church went back further than I expected. No matter, it's easily fixed, and Seiou-sama's mention only makes my other theories regarding Seiou-sama's era more accurate.

Saintology? How about Haruhism, since we're talking about God Empresses here?

Last edited by Kha; 2007-08-26 at 11:04.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 12:10   Link #1364
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk
Anyone have any other suggestions for 聖王教?
The most obvious one comes to mind, "Saint religon". Still feels weird...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 19:08   Link #1365
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

• Saint Order
  • Saint Faith
  • Saint Crusade
Cheers.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:20   Link #1366
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
I'm a bit curious if anyone has tried to do a Nanoha RP yet? Plus I'm finding all this information useful.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 23:30   Link #1367
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
I'm a bit curious if anyone has tried to do a Nanoha RP yet? Plus I'm finding all this information useful.
The Character Creation and Discussion Thread, which we call the OC thread? It's similar, but not exactly the same.
Old 2007-08-26, 23:58   Link #1368
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The Character Creation and Discussion Thread, which we call the OC thread? It's similar, but not exactly the same.
Doesn't mean we can't try one of these days
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 03:27   Link #1369
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Doesn't mean we can't try one of these days
*grins widely like Shari*
Old 2007-08-27, 04:27   Link #1370
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Somehow though, not too sure on the idea of an RP thread, too demanding. Having been involved in Forum RP's before, it's a pain when one or more important members hang up, leaving you to dry

On topic... *jots down notes on Saint Church and Mage Ranks*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 18:40   Link #1371
Frankenstein's Clare
This is mah flash sword.

I've seen people RPing Nanoha here and there.

The Church reminds me of Christianity more than anything else, with the bit about the prophet-figure becoming the object of worship.

"Fellowship of the Saint-King' has a nice egalitarian feel, 'Order' if you want to harken back to the Belkan roots.

Anyone else still lol at that shot of all of Belka's high-tech weapons amidst its crenellated walls? I'm still wondering how the Knights integrated with the normal military... if they did at all. If they were all like the Wolkenritter and focused on serving a single lord or cause rather than a state I'd think they'd be a real source of instability- there'd be a whole feudal shadow government, or at least power structure, that existed within what seems to have been a reasonably 'modern' society, architectual stylings aside.

This info stuff is really great, btw. *goes back to read thread*
Frankenstein's Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 20:15   Link #1372
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Lightbulb

Quote:
Reason why I was asking, was because I was thinking of starting one, with original characters only. Hmmm...though it seems if I'm going to start one I have to have alot of info recorded first. All this info some of it I haven't heard of! So much to copy and paste.

-adjusts glasses as he reads the various info-
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 20:50   Link #1373
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
Reason why I was asking, was because I was thinking of starting one, with original characters only. Hmmm...though it seems if I'm going to start one I have to have alot of info recorded first. All this info some of it I haven't heard of! So much to copy and paste.

-adjusts glasses as he reads the various info-
Ah... For that we have somthing called "Original Generation" consisting of purely of the OCs we created, instead of fanon modifications. However, all the data isn't RP friendly; its meant to be used in fics, so it won't be as technical as an RP requires.
Old 2007-08-27, 21:23   Link #1374
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
聖王教会 - Saint Church
Why not just re-use Saint Church? 聖王教会 and 聖王教 is pretty much the same, I think.

The Sei-Ou sounds a lot like Moses or the Prophet Muhammad, but the movement is definitely similar to Christianity. It's possible then, that the Sei-Ou himself was a member of a more ancient faith, just like Jesus himself.

A next question would be how this man eventually became the idol of the religion named after him. Either his followers worshipped him to the point of deifying him (regardless of what he himself thought), or he let his success get into his head and proclaimed himself as a God, just like what all the fake Messiahs throughout our own history has done.

Spoiler for Thoughts for the OC thread?:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 21:38   Link #1375
Frankenstein's Clare
This is mah flash sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali
More than any master, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tome itself had some sort of quasi-religious institution surrounding it. I mean, the thing's sentient, basically a person, but it's immortal and has access to a huge chunk of the knowledge ever produced by their society... it'd be like having a living avatar of your culture around.
Old 2007-08-28, 01:34   Link #1376
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Why not just re-use Saint Church? 聖王教会 and 聖王教 is pretty much the same, I think.

The Sei-Ou sounds a lot like Moses or the Prophet Muhammad, but the movement is definitely similar to Christianity. It's possible then, that the Sei-Ou himself was a member of a more ancient faith, just like Jesus himself.

A next question would be how this man eventually became the idol of the religion named after him. Either his followers worshipped him to the point of deifying him (regardless of what he himself thought), or he let his success get into his head and proclaimed himself as a God, just like what all the fake Messiahs throughout our own history has done.

For the stand of the OC thread, partly because I've been the one writing extensively on the divinity of Belka, I believe it's inclined to neither. After all, Spagetti mentioned that the power of Seiou is nothing like Belka or Midchilda. In other words, it is either true divine power or something just as radically different from what we see everyday on Midchilda. Such power can never be gained by a felon like him, hence the reason why the Cradle is performing at a lower level than I expected.

But this is one theory that began with the YnS' Belka Cross I saw in A's, and got unbelievably verified in StrikerS. Your's can hold as well.
Old 2007-08-28, 01:50   Link #1377
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
For the stand of the OC thread, partly because I've been the one writing extensively on the divinity of Belka, I believe it's inclined to neither. After all, Spagetti mentioned that the power of Seiou is nothing like Belka or Midchilda. In other words, it is either true divine power or something just as radically different from what we see everyday on Midchilda. Such power can never be gained by a felon like him, hence the reason why the Cradle is performing at a lower level than I expected.

But this is one theory that began with the YnS' Belka Cross I saw in A's, and got unbelievably verified in StrikerS. Your's can hold as well.
What?

Spoiler for spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-08-28 at 02:27.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:02   Link #1378
Frankenstein's Clare
This is mah flash sword.

Bombard Midchilda? Even one-shot power-amping Lost Logia like the jewel seeds can tear apart multiple worlds in one shot. I'm guessing high-class Alhazredian wartech can do a lot worse than just ruin a biosphere.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:10   Link #1379
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein's Clare View Post
Bombard Midchilda? Even one-shot power-amping Lost Logia like the jewel seeds can tear apart multiple worlds in one shot. I'm guessing high-class Alhazredian wartech can do a lot worse than just ruin a biosphere.
Are you sure you didn't confuse Nanoha and Sailor Moon?

Old 2007-08-28, 02:29   Link #1380
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
What?

Spoiler for spoiler:
[Mariel]Eh-EEEEEEEH?! [/Mariel]

I heard that from a translation of the time the Doc was explaining stuff to the numbers while they are heading out to their different deployment zones, where Sein is seen to have doubts. I think that was the time where I think I got this info from. What did he say then?