AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 19:08   Link #241
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kaisos Erranon, thats a matter of taste. But just because you do not like th witty dialog and the language based romance/relationship does not make the show worse. The popularity rankings seem to deny that it was a boring show, or else it would not have been popular. And S&W is popular and very enjoyable show.
Had the dialogue actually been witty and the relationships been interesting I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more.

And sure, S&W is a popular show... but you really don't hear about it that much if you're not part of the fandom.

And that last is also your opinion, as the show sucking is mine.

And I'm sure I'd probably enjoy the novels a lot more if I actually got around to reading them. That kind of story is more meant to be enjoyed in book form anyway.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:19   Link #242
technowood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Has it been confirmed the # of episodes for ToraDora? I'm still seeing 13 thrown around, and if so that would put them ending it at end of vol 5. If so that gives the author to release the last volume(s) before they do another season.

And you know JC Staff will make another season, it's been proven they will milk their light novel franchises for all their worth, and I expect the same for Toaru Majutsu.

If you follow the link bellow it schedules 8 dvd releases, at 3 to 4 episodes per dvd you'd figure 24 or 26 episodes.

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/t...lease_dvd.html
technowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 22:30   Link #243
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope the anime pays more attention to Ami's development. Just saying.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 23:28   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Had the dialogue actually been witty and the relationships been interesting I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more.
I'll just let that one lay there since this thread is about Toradora but an example of what you consider "witty and interesting" would be more informative - or it might be safer to just say you didn't find it compelling to you.
Quote:
And sure, S&W is a popular show... but you really don't hear about it that much if you're not part of the fandom.
Its QUITE popular in Japan (as is Toradora), it got a second series - they're the fandom that counts. If you're "not part of the fandom" - its unlikely you can do more than "spot the Pokemon" or "that ninja guy whose story never ends".

Quote:
And I'm sure I'd probably enjoy the novels a lot more if I actually got around to reading them. That kind of story is more meant to be enjoyed in book form anyway.
No disagreement there -- to some extent that is an anime's ONLY purpose: to get you to buy the books, etc.
Old 2008-12-03, 00:57   Link #245
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Hey guys, I somewhat confused about a certain part in Novel 4, chapter 4.

"...
Nuzzling like a cat against Ami’s stomach as she sat cross-legged on the sofa, Taiga
stuck to her and swayed her. While Ami’s eyes were still half-closed with want of sleep,
she didn’t seem to even have the strength left to stop it and continued to be shaken
against her will. Then even while rocking her back and forth and seeming to fawn on
Ami as treating her like a child, every once in a while,
“…150 continuous sessions of monomane…” "

Was Taiga rocking Ami to wake up? When she ofter Ryuuji to her, and she refuse, still she didnt seems "aware" on whats was going on at the at moment...
Is that right?
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 01:03   Link #246
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
Pretty please .... ^^
Can't help you, I read the novels in Japanese.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 01:18   Link #247
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kaisos Erranon, actually it is witty. It's just because you have to be attentive to the language. Well S&W is made for more mature audience. Everyone can enjoy it, but when you look at it the audience is more above their twenties. As it has very little action but a lot is based on dialogs.

And as vexx said - S&W is quite popular in japan. This is not an opinion but proven fact by the rantings and selling rates and the way it has been responded to in forums.

If it would have been a boring show as you put it, it would have never been so popular.

But again this is a Toradora and not S&W discussion. Lets just say that you value bit different things from me or Vexx and thus you could not enjoy, rather than saying it was boring and dull.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 01:18   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@KeitaroNagato: Argh, that's abysmal english you've found --- I hope its a draft copy of a translation because it needs some work to eliminate the ambiguity and awkward grammar.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:51   Link #249
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Can't help you, I read the novels in Japanese.
Darn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@KeitaroNagato: Argh, that's abysmal english you've found --- I hope its a draft copy of a translation because it needs some work to eliminate the ambiguity and awkward grammar.
Its from the translated one on baka, I believe I got the jest what was going on. ^^ Basically Tagia is shaking Ami to wake up, but Ami still wouldn't until Taiga mention “…150 continuous sessions of monomane…”, thats when Ami jerked wide awake...

hehehehe I got it. yea yea yea!!! <---- doing my Mirorin impression ^^
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 11:44   Link #250
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kaisos Erranon, actually it is witty. It's just because you have to be attentive to the language. Well S&W is made for more mature audience. Everyone can enjoy it, but when you look at it the audience is more above their twenties. As it has very little action but a lot is based on dialogs.
You know, that's kind of elitist, but terms like "witty" and "boring" are inherently subjective anyway.

I just never found any of the dialogue to be particularly original or amusing, and reminded me a bit too much of Haruhi.

Probably need to get around to reading the books sometime.

But yeah, this is the Toradora discussion, so...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 08:48   Link #251
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 10:32   Link #252
satuross

Anyways, volume 5 chap 1 20% is up :X
so go and check it out.

Spoiler:
satuross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 11:41   Link #253
typhonsentra

Papa rooster is in the house!

Kitamura and Minori, they seem like they'd make the best pair in the series. So so weird.
Old 2008-12-10, 07:07   Link #254
roan

Note that it really means much, but here's the cover for....Spinoff 2.

roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 08:06   Link #255
typhonsentra

Aren't the Spin-offs about the Freshman class at the same school?
Old 2008-12-10, 08:27   Link #256
roan

Only the first Spinoff and that's because well...their story is already finished.

Spinoff material is from short story material that's published every now and then in the Dengeki Bunko magazine.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 07:55   Link #257
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I wonder if the writer thinking of writing a sequel based on the spinoff.
Old 2008-12-11, 13:42   Link #258
Beo
where's the snow?

Or the magazine had a space they suddenly needed to fill. A spin off can be shoved into there without effecting the main story.

Authors usually have a lot of material that they do not include in a story, some of it is stuff is leftovers from a storyline that was cutout.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 21:29   Link #259
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Oh, there is a book on sidestories. 4 chapters.
Old 2008-12-13, 13:14   Link #260
Noamara

Hello, I am new here. I have a question and I want to get an answer sooo bad that I registered :>. Read already for a few weeks here. I only watch anime and read manga, no novel (yet).

I also do not know whether this question has brought up already, so sorry if that it did.

Do you know whether there is a chance for Ryuuji´s mother Yasuko and Taiga´s father (öhm..Mr. Aisaka^^..dunno his name or forgotten when it was mentioned) to become a couple?

When nobody knows that and even the raw novel readers not, then let us discuss this possibility :>.

Topic like: "What happens when Ryuuji and Taiga become step-siblings?"

I start :>
...meh do not want do write so much...then just this: Either they get in a real relationship or not. When they would become a couple..before or after the marriage (or just relationship) of their parents.
A marriage between their parents might be hint that Ryuuji and Taiga will not become couple.

bla...there is no point for me writing anymore, when I do not even know whether Taiga´s mother is still alive (I guess she is dead, right? Can someone spoil me?)
Noamara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, shounen