AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 46 45.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 36.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-08, 00:25   Link #141
Ceath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They changed trackers (nyaatorrents.org no longer responds to web or tracker requests.... either their server crashed or worse) and the new tracker location hasn't updated on the tracker collation sites like AS or baka-updates.
If you go directly to the Guerrand fansub website, the updated tracker is there and works fine.

edit: their new tracker is http://www.datorrents.com/download.a...5D.avi.torrent

edit: FINALLY.... here is the らきすた I'm looking for.... both 17 and 18 are full of goodness.

I thought I was totally fond of hearing Nanako talk but snaggle-toothed Misao-san just explodes my brain. Patricia-san ... her VA is catching the "American teen speaking Japanese" fairly well -- she'd fit right in with the 3rd/4th year students my son knows.

By the time we got to Lucky*Channel, I was so content I have nothing ill to say about it.
Ah i see. Thanks a lot for clearing that up and for providing me with the new torrent.
Old 2007-08-08, 06:45   Link #142
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
I'm late with watching the episode but i managed to do so. Of course it's a 10. However hard I tried to catch all the references I still had to check for spoilers posted here, but some of the jokes were pretty obvious.

AVPlaya
off topic, about modern education
Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-08-09 at 06:32. Reason: spoiler tags
Old 2007-08-08, 17:54   Link #143
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
off topic, about modern education...]
Thanks for info; I think it's pretty neat you guys get to enter college early. In Japan the system isn't THAT bad, I was only talking about getting into college. There's a very supportive vocational high school system here in which you can learn a trade as early as 15; job placement support after these schools are pretty decent too. The Japanese government really cares about employment rates, especially for young people. The college system there are based on elite system, where only the brightest get into college, and the rest of learns a skill. It's model after Germany's system I believe. Now days employment among young people is rising and entry level jobs are decreasing - instead of laying off people, many Japanese companies simply stop hiring for perm positions. Many college educated women never gets a chance to even get a permanent jobs - they have to stay temp for 5 years before being considered. Thus now there's an increasing problem of NEETS, where scores of young people just get by by working at odd jobs and sleeping in manga-cafes or hop between friends.

Life in Japan is difficult, but there once was a guarantee of life-time employment and other securities after you've suffered through school. Now even that is gone, and many young people are can't face the pressure of adulthood. That's why many choose to become otakus... the fantasy life offered in anime is so much better than reality.
Old 2007-08-09, 00:24   Link #144
Joe88

did [a.f.k.] stop subbing lucky star?
they usually released eps weekly now its nothing
Old 2007-08-09, 00:42   Link #145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

See the recent discussion in ep 18 thread ... but in short, yes, it appears they have dropped it to do SZS.

Their reasons are provoking some head-scratching but you'll just have to decide.
Old 2007-08-09, 07:12   Link #146
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Vexx
It is actually pretty bad that [a.f.k.] has dropped the project. They advanced this far.

AVPlaya
Thanks for your reply.
offtopic - continued
Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-08-09 at 07:14. Reason: grammar
Old 2007-08-09, 12:10   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm going to backtrack a little from my previous post -- they're choosing their words too carefully so I can't discount a prank in progress
Old 2007-08-10, 12:05   Link #148
truehappiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm going to backtrack a little from my previous post -- they're choosing their words too carefully so I can't discount a prank in progress
Quote:
[09:49] * bayoab changes topic to '><a.f.k.> «No @find/xdcc list» ¤ ><Out:> Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 04 {610AD759} ¤ Lucky Star 17 {0520C48F} 18 {114B8596} ¤ < BT: http://a.scarywater.net/afk/ > | Haruhi Translations @ http://www12.brinkster.com/stratoct/haruhi.htm / http://tinyurl.com/28oln6 |
Yeah, that was a pretty weird.. prank..? XD

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-10, 13:22   Link #149
bayoab

You forgot the
Quote:
*** bayoab changes topic to '><a.f.k.> ... | _____ ____ licensed.
Old 2007-08-10, 22:46   Link #150
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

LOL OMG!

Love the 24 reference and the constant pokings between Kagami and Konata. The Lucky Channel corner and the ending were hilarious with the remix of the intro by Shirashi and the manager having his take on Lucky Star and what anime should be (and the fire hose bit).

And they are playing the wii! Wonder what game it is?
Old 2007-08-10, 22:53   Link #151
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Also, poor Kagami. I get the feeling that she got the blunt end of this episode...
Old 2007-08-11, 05:43   Link #152
41nano

@AVPlaya: Wow thanks a lot for the hard work, there were a lot i didn't get at all.
Awesome job
Old 2007-08-11, 07:31   Link #153
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

One of the few disadvantages of having separate threads for each episode is that, when a double release comes out, one can't comment on both episodes in a single post. Oh well... since the alternative would be a big giant mess of a thread with some ~4000 posts, I won't complain too much.

I'm starting to wear of the mediocrity this show is serving up. I didn't enjoy all that much at all from this episode... the majority of it was boring, and the one half-interesting scene at the end with the Hiiragi family ended with a generic, tepid sappy moment. I would respect this show better if either it was all sappy moments like that, or all comedy, but it tries to be both, and the quick transitions from one to the other (like the sudden transition at the end of this particular scene to a light gag about reading manga) are always too jarring and clumsy. It's not just something that's happened in this ep as well, it's endemic of the entire goddamn series, and it just makes me think that this show isn't sure what it wants to be and ends up executing both its components of comedy and slice-of-life insipidly.

Damn this episode was boring. When Lucky Channel is the most entertaining sequence in an ep, something is very wrong. Needs less Shiraishi as well... the gag has gone stale. Not that this show has any grasp over when to stop running its gags into the ground. Now for the next ep.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:15   Link #154
superzombie23

The animation was above average longer than usual.
Old 2007-08-11, 10:27   Link #155
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I didn't enjoy all that much at all from this episode... the majority of it was boring, and the one half-interesting scene at the end with the Hiiragi family ended with a generic, tepid sappy moment.
Wow, unusually harsh. I for one loved the Hiiragi family scene, especially since it gives us a glimpse of how the elder Hiiragi sisters interact with the twins. As for the "jarring" transitions, isn't that mostly because this anime is based on a 4koma?

Well, in any case, I liked this episode as much as every other episode of Lucky Star. Self-referential humour is always fun and good for a laugh (loved the ED!).
Old 2007-08-11, 13:32   Link #156
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Different Strokes I guess... L*S in Japan also has this polarizing effect on otakus.
Old 2007-08-11, 18:47   Link #157
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, for me, watching that scene made me wonder what if they made a "Yuri-themed" Renai-game out of Lucky Star where Konata is the protagonist; and then converted that into an anime series.

It was enjoyable to watch, but at the same time, rather unsettling as that is not really what Lucky Star is all about. Good content, but wrong context. I treat is as a "what-if" scenario in which we see the possibilities if Lucky Star had been from a different set of material.

Cheers.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:20   Link #158
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, for me, watching that scene made me wonder what if they made a "Yuri-themed" Renai-game out of Lucky Star where Konata is the protagonist; and then converted that into an anime series.

It was enjoyable to watch, but at the same time, rather unsettling as that is not really what Lucky Star is all about. Good content, but wrong context. I treat is as a "what-if" scenario in which we see the possibilities if Lucky Star had been from a different set of material.

Cheers.
Exactly. I found that scene more of Nico Nico Douga parody material, not to be actually shown in an episode. It would be immensely profitable for KyoAni to make a spinoff series out of Lucky*Star after the fact though.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:38   Link #159
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally got the chance to watch ep.17 (About time)

I gave it 8/10.

Key parts of the ep(?)
-The first thing that got me was Konata's theory on how sisters' "absorb" traits from each other. I didnt think that Minami grew up with Miyuki-san. Cute. LOL

-Konata finally turns 18. "Happy B-day Kona!!". \(^w^)/ Guess she can now enjoy 18+ games legally. LOL...and there she goes denying that she has ever played any. ^^;...she still looks nothing like her age though. I can completely understand how Miyuki-san is mistaken for an older age. Hell, if she was an actual person I'd treat her like she WAS older than me...I mean technically she is mentally older than me. LOL. Its good that Konata doesnt want to let go of her inner child. ^^

-As for Yutaka, Yui-san, and Izumi sensei preparing the party, nice "24" reference KyoAni. b(^_^)d...too bad it didnt happen.

-As for the group's future aspirations, who'd have guessed all their choices. Miyuki-san and Kagami is so...set on reality, Tsukasa just goes with her dreams, and as for Kona...too much dream. It slightly worries me that in her final year of school she hasnt changed much. I'd like to see SOME growing up done within the series.

-Konata's idea of a "family cast". Was the four sisters scene a reference to anything?

-Kagami vs. her older sistsr Matsuri. The first time I felt uneasy watching LS, the tension between the two was too much. Good thing that they made up later. Made a great heart warming moment, good job KyoAni. b (^_^) d

Moments I enjoyed
-As for Konata's newly revealed talent...AMAZING!! But for the same reason Kagamin stated. LOL

-Yutaka plays the Wii. Cute

Lucky Channel
Anime Tenchou as the guest!? NICE!! The BEST LC yet!!

ED
For goodness sake, STOP THE DAMN SHIRAISHI SONGS!!!! PLZ!!!

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2007-08-11 at 19:49.
Old 2007-08-12, 17:18   Link #160
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Interesting episode, seem to have gone all dramaee.
See what happens there...

Yeah, sick of SHIRAISHI.
Closed Thread