AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-29, 19:52   Link #4041
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I suppose it is? Takes place between season 1 and R2? But I don't know anymore, too many people condemn side materials as "not canon" if it doesn't favor them or something, so I can never get a straight answer.

And I thought we've already been over the fact that I've never read or watched One Piece, Narona. :V
True.

Sorry, kinda forget XD. Well, then imo, it's somewhat like when c.c. is killed. It takes some times to her to regerenate.

When you think about it, C.C. never changed in any way during the two seasons. Even Kallen's hair grew up between the two season (we can see that in a pictures drama) before she cut it. But whatever could/can happen to her, C.C. is still the same C.C..
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 19:58   Link #4042
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*nods her head*
Immortals in Code Geass probably don't change at all when it comes to their appearance.
Old 2008-11-29, 23:30   Link #4043
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

C.C. should marry an immortal person as well. But I guess C.C. is the only one of her kind. After all , if there were more codes , Marianne and Charles wouldn't be so desperate in retrieving C.C. for the Ragnarok Junction...(or was it connection..?)
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 00:56   Link #4044
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
C.C. should marry an immortal person as well. But I guess C.C. is the only one of her kind. After all , if there were more codes , Marianne and Charles wouldn't be so desperate in retrieving C.C. for the Ragnarok Junction...(or was it connection..?)
Well, it's a big world. You never know.

Which reminds me, that is something that kinda bothered me about the series. I wish they had explained the origins and workings of Geass, but I guess we're just left to believe it's some kind of mystical/magical force that's always been.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 03:30   Link #4045
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*nods her head*
Immortals in Code Geass probably don't change at all when it comes to their appearance.
It's hard to say, while she certainly doesn't age, and heals all injury, It wouldn't make any sense for her hair to stay the same no matter what. You could argue that her weight/body shape wouldn't be able to change, but if you look at VV, he has very long hair, so unless he grew it to that length at whatever young age he was, hair can continue to grow, and likely also be cut short.
Jaime Kordek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 03:50   Link #4046
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
It's hard to say, while she certainly doesn't age, and heals all injury, It wouldn't make any sense for her hair to stay the same no matter what. You could argue that her weight/body shape wouldn't be able to change, but if you look at VV, he has very long hair, so unless he grew it to that length at whatever young age he was, hair can continue to grow, and likely also be cut short.
I think Codes doesn't make anything change or grow. It stops the process of change. If V.V. had hair that long, it means he got his Geass with that hair lol.
Old 2008-11-30, 03:51   Link #4047
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I think Codes doesn't make anything change or grow. It stops the process of change. If V.V. had hair that long, it means he got his Geass with that hair lol.
Yet when he gave Charles his Geass, when he had the Code, he had short(ish) hair.
Old 2008-11-30, 03:52   Link #4048
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Yet when he gave Charles his Geass, when he had the Code, he had short(ish) hair.
Oh right. I forgot about that. Maybe....only the hair is affected?
Old 2008-11-30, 04:03   Link #4049
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Oh right. I forgot about that. Maybe....only the hair is affected?
Unless he got extensions. Another mystery of the Geass.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 06:39   Link #4050
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Unless he got extensions.
ROTFL- You win!

I vaguely remember a wiki article about some celtic leggendary power that was similar to geass and may have served as an ispiration source. I can try to find it back is someone is interested =)

anyway, I second the fact that they could have bothered to tell us at least a bit more about what the geass really is. XD
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 07:39   Link #4051
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Which episode? In the episode 15, there is a flashback, but there is no fact that V.V. was already immortal at that time, it shows the moment when they made the promise to not lie to each other and that V.V. WILL accept the fate of immortality.

My guess is that ta that time, he was not immortal yet, it was the time when they planned what they will do, and that V.V. chose to be the one who "will" become immortal.

But maybe you're not talking baout that flashback o.o
Old 2008-11-30, 08:14   Link #4052
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Which episode? In the episode 15, there is a flashback, but there is no fact that V.V. was already immortal at that time, it shows the moment when they made the promise to not lie to each other and that V.V. WILL accept the fate of immortality.

My guess is that ta that time, he was not immortal yet, it was the time when they planned what they will do, and that V.V. chose to be the one who "will" become immortal.

Right. But then...where did he get the "Code"?
Old 2008-11-30, 12:35   Link #4053
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

But that would mean that either he aged slowly, or grew his hair freakishly fast before he was Coded, unless hair can continue to change after Coding.
Jaime Kordek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 12:51   Link #4054
Levy
differently sober

I think that it's not that the body activity is arrested, otherwise they could not regenerate after being shot, could not eat and such, but the aging process is stopped.

(I'm too lazy now to elaborate a proper theory about Geass, radicals, the neural system and such, maybe later XDD)
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 10:09   Link #4055
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Right. But then...where did he get the "Code"?
I would like to know too. That was one of the questions never answered. If V.V. can obtain a code, Tom, Dick & Harry can too . And did V.V. obtain a Geass before he got the code?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 16:39   Link #4056
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I would like to know too. That was one of the questions never answered. If V.V. can obtain a code, Tom, Dick & Harry can too . And did V.V. obtain a Geass before he got the code?
Good question. I wonder what his geass must have been.

I thought that C.C. could have been the one who gave Geass to him, but it doesn't resolve the "code" problem. All in all, there are only two possibilities, I think

- There was another code-bearer, and V.V. took his code

or

- V.V. obtained his code by another mean. After all, it must have a beginning. So, someone had to obtain the code by himself.
Old 2008-12-02, 20:18   Link #4057
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Yeah. There has to be an original. But how do they come to exist? :\
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:22   Link #4058
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Yeah. There has to be an original. But how do they come to exist? :\
They've probably existed since the beginning of time, or at least the beginning of humans. The World of C's way of spreading a bit of chaos, perhaps.
Old 2008-12-02, 20:27   Link #4059
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
More like THOUSANDS of questions that never answered. Come to think of it, 50 epis and it was never really clear what exactly this power was/where it came from.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:34   Link #4060
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
More like THOUSANDS of questions that never answered. Come to think of it, 50 epis and it was never really clear what exactly this power was/where it came from.
About that, Okouchi did a crappy job. But he got the perfect excuse "i never planned to explain all the mysteries", dun dun dun!