AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-12, 16:56   Link #101
The_TempesT

Anyways, as a avid gamer, I like most of my fellow game owners here though this episode was great. I was overjoyed to see some of the side characters get some lines and the comedy was definitely a plus. I hope they continue to have a episode like this here and there and in the future give lines to the side characters on the battle episodes as well as the non battle episodes. I am sure Edy fans got a huge kick out of her little speech, and Marina was portrayed really well.

Hope for good results from the next ep.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-05-13 at 20:58. Reason: cleanup
Old 2009-05-12, 17:12   Link #102
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Loved the episode. If this is what some consider filler, I'd love for the series to be nothing but filler, then. Now, now... about the preview and the whole "love triangle" thing... don't you all think that the OP gives away the pairing fairly early for people to be complaining about the third wheel? And I haven't played the game or anything...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-05-13 at 20:58. Reason: cleanup
Old 2009-05-12, 17:12   Link #103
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I think the guy hugging Alicia is Welkin, he is suppose to be the main character after all and I'm sick of seeing Alicia screaming and her immature actions, she is suppose to be a soldier after all, as for Faldio I'm hoping there will be a love triangle but I doubt Alicia would fall for him. This isn't a romance anime after all, so we shouldn't expect much.
Old 2009-05-12, 17:23   Link #104
Perkel

Hi everybody.

I'm new here.. but to the point.

I've played game and i watch anime evey week and i must say i very satisfied.

Let's get this straight, anime is't exacly like any other anime around, just like game. It doesn't focus mainly on war but rellationship with each other. And they aren't even soldiers to begin with. They are supporting regulars and sometimes they can pull off something amazing thanks to Welkin. I was very amazed when i've played the game and it wasn't about big general but Welkin eco-loving freak and dudes fom his squad. Yeah i know it's anime not a game but you will see in future what i'm trying to say now.

Point 2 . FaldioxAliciaxWelkin

Comeone.. why are u trying to speed up things ?
In games there ware moments when faldio flirt up with Alicia. And anime flirts are just like games flirts same way. He is more curious than in love or sexually attracted to her.
Just continue to watch everyone will be satisfied just don't try to predict stereotypical ways like any other anime.

Sorry to all that i offend but some of the people watched to much anime
This anime like game isn't so stereotypical like other animes. Welkin don't have orange/blond hair, Enemies are just humans like are we, (some more evil and some aren't evil at all, they just do their job), there is no pathos like in "lelouch de rebelion", It's something like Welkin style of life, that there always be better future and we better treasure life of ours.

Someone said that anime was produced to sell game. I doubt it. Game is just perfect material for an anime because it's anime + game, There are hours of dialogs and many cgis (i think even more in mgs4). Everyone who completed game wanted to hear more about squad 7 stories or people involved in game. Just read about game and story read forums, and try to find any complains, theres none. People loved story and want it more, and i think this was the main reason to make anime.

Only one thing i fear is that they will not create this magic feeling like game has, (but from what i see it's heading in good direction)

I think i'll join discussion with you in next episodes, fine dialogues here

my eng isn't perfect so sorry
Old 2009-05-12, 18:16   Link #105
kalbron

Having just started watching the episode now I have to say that the running gag with Alicia viewing Welkin as a piece of trash she needs to hide/ignore/get rid of really needs to stop...

How many victories now thanks to his unorthodox decisions? How many successes where the regular army had only failure? How many soldiers dead at the end of two major missions on the frontline?

Surely something within her empty lobotomised tsundere skull would stop and go "Hang on..."?

Edit: Hillarious anime episode... but yeah. Filler. They could have scattered character development throughout the earlier episodes, rather than relying upon one to intoduce a ton of side characters.

Last edited by kalbron; 2009-05-12 at 18:52.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:29   Link #106
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Having just started watching the episode now I have to say that the running gag with Alicia viewing Welkin as a piece of trash she needs to hide/ignore/get rid of really needs to stop...
Its not that Alicia views him as a piece of trash, rather she is simply afraid of the things he will say, and she is right. Welkin doesn't make the most professional statements, and she saw this as potentially damaging to the platoon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:43   Link #107
Runty

Now knowing the dialogue to the episode, time to update my review:
Spoiler for Episode 6, subbed:

I'm left to wonder how much of the comedy will be kept if this anime gets ported.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:55   Link #108
kalbron

I would have found it funnier though if at the end of Ellet's report she had made a reference to Alicia and pondered out loud how Welkin managed to get anything done with such a paranoid/oddball 2IC. XD
Old 2009-05-12, 19:00   Link #109
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

so....

A Certain valkyrian is going to pwn stuff next ep....l hope they go all out and show just how powerfull she is.

so...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-12, 19:08   Link #110
kalbron

All things considered, I'm more betting that's going to be the episode after, with said Valkyrian standing ominously on a cliff overlooking the battlefield after blasting something and drawing the battlefield's attention her way.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:12   Link #111
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Naomi Shindo voices Irene differently than her....

Well, from her Cagalli role I guess. I'm impressed.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-12, 19:17   Link #112
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Naomi Shindo voices Irene differently than her....

Well, from her Cagalli role I guess. I'm impressed.
Nah, I could tell from the first time I heard Irene's voice that its Shindou behind her. Its the same boyish Cagali voice that she uses.

On the other hand, when she voiced Shizuru Fujino/Viola from Mai-Hime/Otome, that just wowed me... and easily placed her as my most favorite voice actress.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:20   Link #113
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

To each his own, I guess. Not enough exposure to the wonderful world of seiyu-voiced media.

Well, I do enjoy Alicia messing around with Irene's interview. I wish they kept it in the game...

Wonder how it'll be in English?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-12, 19:25   Link #114
Tak

You never heard Shindou do her Kyoto-accent? What a shame

She is one of the few persons thus far in the industry who can do it, correctly

- Tak

Old 2009-05-12, 19:27   Link #115
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You never heard Shindou do her Kyoto-accent? What a shame

She is one of the few persons thus far in the industry who can do it, correctly

- Tak
Not yet though. Only heard seiyus speak in their regular accent.

Haivng a blast with the attempts of Irene to interview the squad. I wish Largo and Rosie would stop fighting each other.

And asking the interview from Marina's quite wrong.

Old 2009-05-12, 22:17   Link #116
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Nah, I could tell from the first time I heard Irene's voice that its Shindou behind her. Its the same boyish Cagali voice that she uses.

On the other hand, when she voiced Shizuru Fujino/Viola from Mai-Hime/Otome, that just wowed me... and easily placed her as my most favorite voice actress.

- Tak
On Naomi-san, I get very strange vibes when playing Mori Ranmaru or Tachibana Ginchiyo in Samurai Warriors 2 or Warriors Orochi 1.
Old 2009-05-12, 23:09   Link #117
Solecs

I'm actually rather liking Welkin's character right now. Okay he's a little absent minded and airheaded, but he's always very calm and intelligent. For instance in the bathroom with Ellet, he doesn't get all panicky. He assesses the situation and deals with it, without that "OMG Boobs!" reaction. I like that.

On the other hand I think Alicia is getting rather annoying. She just feels too in your face forceful. For the rest of squad 7, well Jann was epic and I'm always a Marina fan . Next ep looks like we're heading to Barious Desert, I suspect that we might get to see some of the empire's more advanced units at the end of the episode (a la Maximillian's tank). As for our resident goddess of war, probably the episode after that.
Old 2009-05-12, 23:10   Link #118
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Its not that Alicia views him as a piece of trash, rather she is simply afraid of the things he will say, and she is right. Welkin doesn't make the most professional statements, and she saw this as potentially damaging to the platoon.

- Tak
Yea all through the episode I kept wondering if she might put on a nice face then slag them when she made the official report...Kindof reminding me of an old B5 episode where the reporter took interview statements completely out of context when they put forward the finished report.

But then this show seems to be more content with being soft and fluffy...Maybe later some room for commentary on morals and such during war? Probably not though...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-12, 23:19   Link #119
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Ok so, I almost gave up the series when Rosie went out of character and they presented Edy as a beauty queen.

But it was all worth seeing Isara blush and being her usual bad self. Oh and Largo going veggie crazy, that was fun too. I am getting tired of Alicia honestly, its to much.

Based on the previews, we see the anime original character with Isara. Now, if they try to pair Isara up with him, I will be beyond pissed. This show gets a bye this week because it had to be sort of like this this week, but they are really beginning to lose me, because the focus of the anime hass been on the characters and not the plot.
Old 2009-05-13, 04:38   Link #120
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Not good as the others episodes but still ok .
Jann ? hmmm i don't remember to have seen him before . Yeah , that was gay but i don't care about . They are some gays in other anime too so it becomes a habit .
Well , they wanted to show that the food was hans lol
Closed Thread