Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 08:52   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Ooh, please share
In Firefox, installl the Adblock Plus add-on, then right-click the avatar you want to block and pick "AdblockPlus: Block Image." As felix mentioned for Opera, the default is to block the directory where the image is stored, but you can choose to block the specific image itself by selecting the "Custom" entry at the bottom of the list.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:55   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Does Ad-block sync these days?
Old 2011-10-14, 10:25   Link #23
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Does Ad-block sync these days?
The Ad-Block team? (I can't tell it it's just one dev or a team) enabled integration with Firefox Sync a few months ago.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:48   Link #24
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

A Hide Avatars setting has been added. It operates like Hide Signature option but will only hide avatars from thread viewing. If you go looking at other parts of the site, such as profiles, social groups, or such you'll still see the avatar. If that is an issue I might think about it in more detail later. This is just replicating the existing signature functionality so it is a bit of a compromise.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:22   Link #25
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Woo thanks Nightwish. Not sure about the social group/profile thing.. If it's possible, it could never hurt to add such feature? I'm not sure if I mind either way though.
Old 2011-10-19, 03:00   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks for the bit of duct tape. There is the occasional image that I just find too annoying to look at even if I'm in a freethinking location.
Old 2011-10-19, 11:25   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Thanks for the bit of duct tape. There is the occasional image that I just find too annoying to look at even if I'm in a freethinking location.
for a min there i thought i read "free thinking lolicon"
Old 2012-01-20, 01:49   Link #28
Dist

I haven't actually used this feature yet. But now I was going to. Only .. it doesn't work .. Something is wonky.

I write usernames like this : Mangatron,TheEroKing but it gives me an error. (No offense guys, but NSFW is not nice when im at school..)
Old 2012-01-20, 04:16   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's user id's not names.
Old 2012-01-20, 05:44   Link #30
Dist

And how was I supposed to know that? Why doesn't it say that at the instructions. It's quite puzzling in fact, since I had to think for quite a while first to even realize where to acquire the id's.
Old 2012-01-20, 05:59   Link #31
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And how was I supposed to know that? Why doesn't it say that at the instructions. It's quite puzzling in fact, since I had to think for quite a while first to even realize where to acquire the id's.
To quote myself on the reasoning for ID and not names...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
names can be changed, but the number remains if even you change names
As for why it's not in the instructions, nor explained how to get them, you'd have to ask the AS staff .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 07:38   Link #32
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Why doesn't it say that at the instructions.
It does:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide Avatar
As per the "Hide Signatures" option above, but for avatars.
So, the option works exactly like the signature option? Looking at that above option you find:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide Signature
Don't want to see a user's signature? Add them to this comma separated list of user IDs. The field MUST not have any spaces between the IDs and commas. e.g. 1,2,3,4,5
I thought it was clear, but to avoid future confusion I've added a note to the field to make it explicit.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:01   Link #33
Dist

Hmm well so it seems. Haven't slept so I'll blame that for not noticing the ID part. Although as I typed before, I just think of '' User ID '' as Username .. Login name, and so on. For example, almost all game sites refer to your username as '' ID ''.

Anyway thanks.
Old 2012-01-20, 14:31   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Perhaps calling it "User Number" instead of "User ID" is more useful? User ID is something that's very clear particularly to the programmers in the audience, but you're right that it's been misappropriated in some places so that people might be confused that their "User ID" is their "User Name" because that's what they use to login. (And that probably happened because the programmers were using the User Name as the User ID, which is stupid stupid stupid. )

Anyway, would "User Number" be more clear? Perhaps we need a "How to find someone's User Number" tip?
Old 2012-01-20, 20:30   Link #35
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Perhaps calling it "User Number" instead of "User ID" is more useful? User ID is something that's very clear particularly to the programmers in the audience, but you're right that it's been misappropriated in some places so that people might be confused that their "User ID" is their "User Name" because that's what they use to login. (And that probably happened because the programmers were using the User Name as the User ID, which is stupid stupid stupid. )

Anyway, would "User Number" be more clear? Perhaps we need a "How to find someone's User Number" tip?
I would say that both would be beneficial.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:23   Link #36
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I haven't actually used this feature yet. But now I was going to. Only .. it doesn't work .. Something is wonky.

I write usernames like this : Mangatron,TheEroKing but it gives me an error. (No offense guys, but NSFW is not nice when im at school..)
i am offended i am not on your list.

*looks for a more NSFW avatar.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:04   Link #37
Dist

It may be NSFW but its small, you cant quite see what's going on there. However, if I'm browsing forums and someone glances at what I'm doing and sees bouncing breasts.. Nothing good will come out of that, neither will it improve the already negative view on anime.

I don't like ecchi myself either so hiding those avatars work well. You may end up on the ignore list too, depending on what kind of sig/av is used. Yuri is awesome tho (If thats yuri .. like I said, small x_x).
Old 2012-01-21, 04:35   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(Xellos has a signature? ) Once you put someone on the list it's pretty much irrelavant if they change it, Xellos is probably on my list since god knows when.