Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 03:42   Link #1
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Saint Seiya Hades Chapter - Inferno

聖闘士星矢冥王ハーデス冥界編
Toei's official site

So, the raws for the newest Saint Seiya anime are already out.

For those who have already seen it, how was it? How do the new seiyuu compare to the originals?

I want to watch it so bad, but I'm limited by dialup... ;_;

Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; 2005-12-19 at 05:14.
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 06:42   Link #2
Hanabi
日向花火

Seiya's new voice actor (Ichigo from Bleach) tries to do a sort of Seiya voice, only to slow slip back into his Ichigo voice by second episode... ^^;

I could barely notice any difference between original and new Shun...

The other three haven't talked enough for me to wonder about them yet...

Kanon sounds like he's trying to be Uchiha Itachi (though Ryotaro Okiayu actually voiced Aoi in that filler episode) o_o

Wyvern Rhadamantys sounds very familiar though... oh wait, he's Yakitate Japan's KUROYAN! XD If he starts talking about bread all of a sudden, I'm gonna die of laughter...
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 11:41   Link #3
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Rhadamanthys has the same seiyuu that he had before, Koyasu Takehito, I believe. :>
Old 2005-12-19, 13:23   Link #4
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I watched the first 2 ovas. To tell you the truth I like the new vice actor for Seiya. His voice is much more appropiate for the character.

Shun's voice was also very fitting.

Kanon's voice and the rest of the other characters haven't change.

----

As for the ovas I must say that they are quite good. The Opening and ending were the only 2 things that I didnt really like. The graphics are the same or very similar to the tenkai hen movie, which means that they are superb.

So far the anime is following the manga very closely, I just hope they don't skip any chapters because each of the 6th ovas are only 25 minutes long. This means that the by the time they are finished we would not even be half way through the manga.

I highly recommend waching them when they get subbed in English
Old 2005-12-19, 13:30   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

I have not seen it yet, do you guys now what this 2 ova covers...

Another Question, Is this Series Licenced? or is it good to talk about you know what
Old 2005-12-19, 14:39   Link #6
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Neither this nor the previous Hades installment have been licensed. The only Saint Seiya anime that has been is the TV show.
Old 2005-12-19, 15:09   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
Neither this nor the previous Hades installment have been licensed. The only Saint Seiya anime that has been is the TV show.
Yeah.wanted to make sure, So is there a Fansub ready for this yet? I got the raws but...I really don't like to paste in the SUBS...
Old 2005-12-19, 17:58   Link #8
allexiel

The previous hades fansub has been licensed in France ^^
allexiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:15   Link #9
pongie

Send a message via ICQ to pongie
if your subs are *srt then it should be okay
pongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:44   Link #10
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
does someone know if subs (ssa or srt) can be found without the video?
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:51   Link #11
saintric_21

I jus finished watching the new saint seiya mekaihen episodes 1 & 2 and have to admit i think they are excellent

good points
1-Morita as seiya is really good and aggressive, i agree his voice really
suits seiya!!
2-The animation is a cross between Tenkaihen and Poiseden very nice mix
3-the 12 palace's saga style episode recaps (i feel nostalgic)
4-The ending music nothing special but very beautiful and it also shows
the episodes highlights as the animation to it
5-Shun's voice isnt as bad as expected and you can tell it will definatley improve

bad points
1-Opening music hmm its more techno than rock music we come to expect from SS
2-When ppl execute special moves the animation is soooo simple i read
someones comment on another forum sayin they could do better on windows
xp paint lol maybe not that bad but could be better
3-*slight spoiler*when Charon's boat floats away after being killed ermmm why
does the animation stutter?? or is it meant to do that

well we have waited for this for ages and i think its better than all the doom and gloom everyone predicted (me included ) and the new cast are actually quite good 8.5/10
saintric_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 06:57   Link #12
pongie

hope SpA would bring out the fansubs!!!
Old 2005-12-22, 07:27   Link #13
speedy0208

Does any one know if any groups are going to sub these or if there are srts floating around. I have watched all the seiyas before and still have them on dvd just can't wait for a sub.
speedy0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 07:35   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is likely that they will be fansubbed. I'd say that the odds are about 100%

The question isn't "if" they'll be subbed, but "how many" groups will sub them. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if a brand new group appeared just because people want to sub them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 10:12   Link #15
DarkLordDragon
Lord Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to DarkLordDragon
Hi there... How are you guys?

It's been a long time since I last came here, I wanted to open a topic for Inferno but luckily someone else did before me I saw the first two episodes, unlike some of the people I liked the openning and the ending song, they are really great. I was surprised they draw Hades, Thanatos & Hypnos while they didn't show at least a picture of the new Gemini Gold Saint, Kanon! He was supposed to be the new hero of the Gold Saints so why they didn't show him once in the openning. About the ending I hoped if they draw pictures instead of showing scenes from the episode, don't you agree?

Seiya's voice is really great, he did a better job than what I expected, Shun's voice became more girlish but it's ok... Shiryu & Hyoga are similar to their old voices but of course I loved Shiryu's old voice more, now it feels he is younger and that doesn't suite Shiryu even though I know he is around 15 lol... Rhadamanthys, Kanon, Dohko have the same voice actors, that was one of the greatest thing, I am glad the voice actors remained, I mean who else beside Takehito can do Rhadamanthys' voice. Ryotarou also did a very good job with Kanon... The new spectres voices are excellent especially that of Rune, I really never imagined I would hear such a cool voice playing Rune's role.

There are some extra scenes, Dohko, Kanon walking, Shaka & Athena! remember we didn't see Dohko untill the wailing wall same goes for Shaka & Athena, also in the second OVA after Kanon uses his Galaxian Explosion and says: "Sagayo" = "Oh Saga" that alone was too much for me to bear lol, I just loved that moment. See even one word is enough to like certain moment lol (I am a big fan of Saga nuff said)

Yet I feel there is something about the motion, I don't feel it's like the Hades: Sanctuary's ova, I felt the motion there was better than the Inferno, some of the techniques in the Sanctuary chapter was also cooler. Honestly I loved Saga's Galaxian Explosion more than Kanon's Galaxian Explosion, Kanon's attack was simple compared to the attack Saga use in OVA 5 of the Sanctuary's chapter. Rhadamanthys' Greatest Caution in the previous chapter looked stronger and more powerful than the Inferno, he used against Kanon as if it's nothing, yet I loved the Wyvern image attacking Kanon ^_^

Overall the new OVAs are so great especially the second OVA, I felt I was watching the real Saint Seiya I hope the third, 4th ova be as cool as the second OVA was and I hope for some extra scenes as well...

Ja Na~
DarkLordDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 10:44   Link #16
saintric_21

2 new trailers on the TOEI Saint Seiya Inferno site , nothing of interest really for those who have seen the 2 new OVA but thoses who havent it has some clips of the first episode and a chance to hear Morita's take on Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken! which im really starting to like.
I think thats a new picture too isnt it of Shun/Hades we havent seen before
Old 2005-12-22, 18:33   Link #17
pongie

Any information on how many episodes/ovas will there be? 13? 26?
Old 2005-12-22, 22:03   Link #18
saintric_21

So far they have only confirmed 6 for the Inferno chapter, I think the rumour is there will be another 6 made up to the wailing wall then a movie covering Eliysion
Either way we prob wont see this chapter completed till the end of 2006 begining of 2007
Old 2005-12-23, 00:41   Link #19
pongie

*sigh* so it pretty much going to be rushed/crammed up then
Old 2005-12-23, 09:27   Link #20
DarkLordDragon
Lord Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to DarkLordDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongie
*sigh* so it pretty much going to be rushed/crammed up then
I don't think they are going to cover the whole second part, I mean if they are faithful to the manga the 6th OVA will cover the heated battle on Guidecca road, Hyoga, Shiryu, Kanon vs Specters meaning there are some episodes they will miss, Ikki vs Aiacos, the Wailing Wall..etc even though I hope they stop when the Gold Saints sacrifice themselves to break the Wailing Wall but if they managed to reach there I am sure it will be rushed
DarkLordDragon is offline   Reply With Quote