AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 16:29   Link #3181
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The only bug I found in Breezehome was the ever-elusive alchemy lab (apparently caused by the Dawnguard DLC), but that was easily fixed by using the aforementioned console commands.

OTOH, those vampire attacks on Whiterun are really starting to unnerve me with their frequency - somehow the city was once again attacked while I was away on a quest (and when I came back from it, I found a dead guard lying next to the city gate - but no vampire corpse next to it, just like the other times) and Adrienne Avenici has been missing ever since. I had to use player.placeatme to get her back to her forge. I wonder if there are other "missing" Whiterun citizens whose disappearance I didn't notice...really, one of these days I'll be coming back to WR only to find the city totally bereft of denizens, save for the immortal NPCs (housecarl/jarl/children).
Old 2012-09-14, 17:05   Link #3182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I ran into a problem with the final battle on the Stormcloak civil war, kept CTDing in Solitude after a few waves of Imperials. Tried the trick of waiting a couple of weeks for all the cells to respawn and that fixed it. Many Imperials died to bring you this information.

I wish I was better at snapping pics. Some of my dark elf assassin's kills in Solitude were quite cinematic. Gutted *and* hurled off the balcony onto the burning stakes...

She eliminated her competition in Skyrim by slaying the Dark Brotherhood earlier...
Old 2012-09-14, 17:13   Link #3183
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I wish I was better at snapping pics. Some of my dark elf assassin's kills in Solitude were quite cinematic. Gutted *and* hurled off the balcony onto the burning stakes...
Couldn't you just use F12 to snap a screenshot? It might be easier to spam that key, then pick the best shot later...
Old 2012-09-14, 17:19   Link #3184
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Usually I'm kind of excited during a combat and when a nice killshot appears, I'm just saying "wow.......... oh, I should have snapped that." Derp.
Old 2012-09-14, 20:40   Link #3185
sa547
*Author

@Vexx: FRAPS works for me like a charm, although some conversion and resizing work needed to be done for large AVIs.

Yeah, I wish there was a replay feature for those astonishing finisher moves, like offing a dragon in its death throes or a shocking unarmed suplex.

@Renegade: there's now an Unofficial Dawnguard Patch (which also needs the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and should be loaded first before UDP in the mod list) that might solve more of your problems.
Old 2012-09-16, 10:15   Link #3186
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bloody hell just once I'd like a playthrough without something major breaking. It would appear now that I've lost access to Radiant quest options and the guards who help bring down the first dragon in the main quest aren't spouting their "You're the Dragonborn!" dialogue and just stand around like a bunch of pissants.
Old 2012-09-16, 12:51   Link #3187
sa547
*Author

Before you played that part, what mods do you have on active? Reordering the mod list might be needed (BOSS and some mod loading list guides can help out).

-----------------
Tried out ENB with Sharpshooter's custom config at 800x600, trading screen resolution for added FPS and quality, and I got more than I bargained for.

It's like visual sex.
Old 2012-09-16, 14:28   Link #3188
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
There's one on nexus

well since Dota 2, PoE and Darksiders 2 managed to screw with my RPing and Time in skyrim(2 weeks without playing this shiet), thus im still waiting for a Proper patch to fix Breezehome and some quests.
Ah, that's good. Always nice to know that an Unofficial patch is already in the works. Shame that they'll have to update a lot as Bethesda releases more patches for the DLC which may end up breaking their unofficial patch.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:45   Link #3189
cronnoponno

Does anyone know of a mod that makes the gold economy in the game less......stupid?

I've literally seen people staking their lives for a laughable 150 gold, yet the Dragonborn can retrieve a golden claw for 500 gold, while the bones of a dragon are at a shocking 80 gold. Meanwhile the lamest house in the game is 5 thousand gold, yet people are letting you hire them, RISKING THEIR LIVES, for 500 gold?!?

I'd honestly like to see a mod that deflates gold. It's ridiculous how on my adventures I have about 30thousand gold and think nothing of hiring a mercenary for chump-change, I'd like to actually be challenged in regards with making gold as well, and have the general gold standard be lowered for everyone, a high level spell tome is worth double the life of some mercenaries, and that's shocking.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:01   Link #3190
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The gold rewards are scale to your level most of the time. So if you are high level you get paid more.
Old 2012-09-16, 16:08   Link #3191
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The gold rewards are scale to your level most of the time. So if you are high level you get paid more.
Regardless I feel the economy in this game is very random and inconsistent, and not in a realistic way.

Normally you could just say ''increase the mercenary fees'' but that's not really what I was trying to aim at, it was more ''decrease the gold to everything'' to make it seem like 150 gold is a big deal, I mean I wouldn't want everyone running around with 50k septims and asking for 3million gold to risk their lives for you.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:18   Link #3192
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Regardless I feel the economy in this game is very random and inconsistent, and not in a realistic way.

Normally you could just say ''increase the mercenary fees'' but that's not really what I was trying to aim at, it was more ''decrease the gold to everything'' to make it seem like 150 gold is a big deal, I mean I wouldn't want everyone running around with 50k septims and asking for 3million gold to risk their lives for you.
A few septims is a lot. You got to realise that an adventurer is loaded because he gets to rob other people on the road and clear out ancient tombs. And this is needed because how else could you afford a new set of armour?

A sword, a helmet, a shield... As a game you don't think much of them, but for the NPCs those things are worth a lot. Assassination of the Emperor is only worth 10,000 gold. You only think 150 gold as no big deal because you have income sources most civilians don't have.

You are NOT participating in the normal economy. You have access to wealth others can't get, and you demand merchandise no normal people will need. You are not 'normal', you are Dragon Born.
Old 2012-09-16, 17:33   Link #3193
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Whether you are loaded or not, some of the sums/fees handed out can cause you to raise your eyebrows in surprise or disbelief.

I do remember at one point having to complete some errand for someone else and being quite handsomely rewarded - 2,000 gold or so...which prompted me to gawk at the said quest giver ("2,000 gold for bringing supplies to the Greybeards? Man, this guy has a lot of coin to spare...not that I'm complaining..."). On another occasion, I decided to pay off the drinking debts of a citizen and realized the guy had managed to rack up a 1,600+ gold tab...once again my lower jaw went slack. How come he wasn't already dead from alcohol poisoning? And so on, and so on.

All things considered, I think the amount of quests+rewards AND items on the market in Skyrim is so vast that the programmers/designers ended up losing their bearings and eventually became inconsistent/very liberal.

On another note, I'm still CTD'ing whenever I want to apply a sneaking enchantment to my boots... And on a brighter note, I finally managed to get that darned, ever-elusive letter from Falk Firebeard for the second Potema mission. Looks like I need to be very far away from Solitude before leveling up (and thus triggering the courier's dispatch). Fast-traveling to locations like Rorikstead afterwards seem to help turn the courier meeting into reality.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-16 at 17:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:48   Link #3194
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Because Bethesda still kept some level scaling which I hate, it means both the quests and rewards adjust to what level you are at the time.

Here, the "leveled reward list". The gold you get has nothing to do with how much money the guy had, but depending on your level. There are 4 grades of gold rewards for each level bracket.

I would prefer if the quests are fixed, which means the amount of gold reward would also be fixed. But that's too much work for Bethesda. Level scaling means less work balancing the monsters and treasures.

Also note that it is impossible to get 2000 Septum from delivering the package to the Greybeards. $1800 if you are level 40.

Realism is not important enough to break the game for. The whole idea is to make sure you are not rewarded pocket change.
Old 2012-09-16, 17:57   Link #3195
sa547
*Author

@Renegade: What update version you're on now? 1.7 might solve most issues, along with re-sorting the load list, as I can enchant footwear.

If you thought that the in-game economics was bad enough, the MMO where I came from suffered from a gold bug exploit which totally fucked up the economy with inflated vendor prices, forcing the developers to come up with some ways to address the imbalance (such as players paying millions of coin for resurrection and XP recovery in case they get fragged without a revive necklace).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Does anyone know of a mod that makes the gold economy in the game less......stupid?
There are a few mods that do attempt to balance the economy system within the game, such as Economics of Skyrim, Dynamic Merchants, and Hardcore economy (WiP).

In my case, I sometimes have to invest in the economy with Bank of Skyrim, where fluctuating interest rates will affect the resulting payout after a period of time.

At last count I have 1.4 million Septims that I should be able to bankroll Ulfric's forces and fortify Skyrim's borders against the Empire. Or buy Skyrim itself.

-------------
What a difference it makes when not fast traveling on horseback -- the destination doesn't matter much as I found myself having to deal with a series of challenges along the road from Falkreath to a cave full of trolls.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-09-19 at 07:38.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:31   Link #3196
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/20/sk...skyrim-engine/

That's what I'm talking about. Looking good.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:19   Link #3197
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/20/sk...skyrim-engine/

That's what I'm talking about. Looking good.
Wow... definitely going on my watch list.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:17   Link #3198
DuoRanger
Banned

if beth gave to them greencard to port both games...

Anyway Scenic Carriages was updated and is now compatible with 1.7 and dawnguard
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15094

and here's a good elf HD mod
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24273
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 18:39   Link #3199
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh man. That port... such memories. Morrowind was and still is one of my absolute favorite games, even with its terrible combat system. Do want.

And oh man, this playthrough I'm in. Using ASIS and Deadly Dragons combined with my shit terrible luck... since Mirmulnir I've encountered only a single Shock Dragon at Riverwood and I had to reload my save shortly after killing it. And then he didn't show up at Riverwood so as I was leaving, it appeared finally at the bridges around Whiterun and... didn't land. Argh. And on my brother's playthrough he can't seem to fucking get rid of dragons.
Old 2012-09-20, 19:02   Link #3200
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think my record with any playthrough is 3 dragons at once over, I think it was Rorikstead?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim