AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-01, 14:20   Link #1781
snoworange

that makes perfect sense, thanks guys.
Old 2007-07-01, 17:12   Link #1782
Archmagination2002

Ah this ExtraS chapter wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I am not sure what it is, but it lacked something. Oh well its still a good chapter, but I wish the author would have released it earlier in the series. It would have been nice if this chapter would gave been the counterpoint after that one chapter that ended with "Alicia, your the strongest in our annals"
Old 2007-07-01, 18:09   Link #1783
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Ah this ExtraS chapter wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I am not sure what it is, but it lacked something. Oh well its still a good chapter, but I wish the author would have released it earlier in the series. It would have been nice if this chapter would gave been the counterpoint after that one chapter that ended with "Alicia, your the strongest in our annals"
It was pure fan service. I loved it tho; I love Teresa. She is awesomely powerful and I believe she could have defeated Priscilla in her awakened form.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-07-01, 18:51   Link #1784
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
The next chapter will be available when the new monthly magazine will be out.

Shônen Jump #31 (2 July) >> Extra 1
Shônen Jump #36-37 (6 August) >> Extra 2
Shônen Jump #41 (3 September) >> Extra 3
Shônen Jump #45 (1 October) >> Extra 4
Jump Sq #1 (2 November) >> Chapter 74
Dang, I should've read this manga slowly!
Old 2007-07-01, 19:37   Link #1785
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Well, can't say I'm not disappointed that I am going to have to wait 4 months to find out what happens to Clarice and Miata. Although seeing Teresa again is definitely a plus. Too bad the only thing we found out this chapter is that Teresa has a ridiculous amount of power at her disposal and is awesome. If Rosemary had awakened earlier, wouldn't she have been technically an abyssal? Teresa is hardcore. Are all 4 of these extra chapters going to be about Teresa? Or is it just going to be highlights from our favorite claymores?

So what gave Teresa so much power anyway? Was she an experiment? Was she half awakened and suppressed her power so no one would detect it? Did she develop these abilities or was she just gifted with them from the beginning of claymore academy by luck? Was she able to achieve more power because of her abilities to detect the flow of youki in her own body? I think her Claydar would have to have something to do with her power increase. Galatea's youki release was supposedly the strongest of any of the living claymores which I attribute partially to her knowing how to read and manipulate youki so masterfully.

We know that a girls attitude while she is becoming a claymore determines if they become defensive or offensive. But does their attitude also change how powerful they will become? If emotional and mental state had something to do with it I could see why some of the single digits have been so unstable. I dunno, maybe it's just luck of the draw.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2007-07-01 at 19:51.
Old 2007-07-01, 20:54   Link #1786
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I find Teresea's line about how she can't always remember who she was supposed to kill after releasing interesting. Perhaps she was more concerned with what she might do than Priscilla, and that could have helped Priscilla catch her off guard.

As for the next few months bieng extra chapters, I figure that it's because Weekly Jump is the best selling manga magazine in Japan. So this will let new readers get introduced to Claymore without making them jump in in the middle of a story. Also it should avoid as many spoilers for the anime crowd.
Old 2007-07-01, 21:25   Link #1787
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Lightbulb

About the Extra... OMG

Super
Old 2007-07-01, 21:29   Link #1788
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I find Teresea's line about how she can't always remember who she was supposed to kill after releasing interesting. Perhaps she was more concerned with what she might do than Priscilla, and that could have helped Priscilla catch her off guard.

As for the next few months bieng extra chapters, I figure that it's because Weekly Jump is the best selling manga magazine in Japan. So this will let new readers get introduced to Claymore without making them jump in in the middle of a story. Also it should avoid as many spoilers for the anime crowd.
The translation I have seems to be different. She says that she doesn't usually release Yoki and if she doesn't do it once a while, she'll forget how to.

Anyone who knows Japanese want to clarify?
Old 2007-07-01, 21:44   Link #1789
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
SCENE 72 Fading Footprints preview

Spoiler:

also keep in mind that starting SCENE74, Claymore will continue its run on Shounen Jump weekly (read: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and D Gray Man)

I guess that's make Clare and her gang unique since they're the only female protagonist or rather, passable as female protagonist among a sea of male heroes.

let's hope this doesn't cause any pacing problems
u mean it will be a weekly manga!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-07-01, 21:50   Link #1790
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Wow, the side story revealed quite a lot. First, that Teresa herself kept any knowledge of her full potential effectively hidden from the single member of the organization who watched her most closely. So this gives credence to the idea that when the org makes an analysis of the strength of their warriors, they do so not necessarily reflecting the author's own view, but as observers within the story making anecdotes. Teresa may very well have been the org's most powerful warrior, even stronger than Priscilla who at the time of her awakening only held said potential, though be it inevitable if circumstances had permitted.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2007-07-02 at 01:18.
Old 2007-07-01, 22:01   Link #1791
Newguy

Wow this chapter just sets up Priscilla as being even scarier than before. Seeing how strong Teresa is, how strong does Priscilla have to be for Teresa to admit that the next time she fights her, she would lose?
Old 2007-07-01, 22:07   Link #1792
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
Wow this chapter just sets up Priscilla as being even scarier than before. Seeing how strong Teresa is, how strong does Priscilla have to be for Teresa to admit that the next time she fights her, she would lose?
well i think teresa is stronger then priscilla what i mean is that she had to trick teresa to kill her
Old 2007-07-01, 22:19   Link #1793
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enara View Post
well i think teresa is stronger then priscilla what i mean is that she had to trick teresa to kill her

and to do it she moved at such a speed that Teresa could not even react, and this was noob Priscilla, + Priscilla's awakening unleashed all her hidden potential.
Old 2007-07-01, 23:12   Link #1794
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
and to do it she moved at such a speed that Teresa could not even react, and this was noob Priscilla, + Priscilla's awakening unleashed all her hidden potential.
Teresa was also a master at reading Youki. So who knows, maybe she would've had an easier time fighting Priscilla awakened if she had not been tricked.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-07-01, 23:16   Link #1795
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Okay I am confused. Chapter 74 is out when? Weekly or Nov?
Old 2007-07-02, 00:04   Link #1796
zato_1one

I still think Teresa is more powerful. The potential in Priscilla which believed to be stronger than Teresa is just the organization point of view. Teresa may be inferior to Priscilla only in term of strength. But Teresa is much more skillful and her reading Yoki ability is imbalance.

When Teresa said that she may cannot defeat Priscilla next time, it's only because Teresa thought that she cannot read Priscilla Yoki. IMO. So, in order for Priscilla to defeat Teresa. She must has very much much power at her initial state. It means Priscilla must stay at 0% while she's fighting with Teresa. Releasing a bit of her yoki = Game OVER. I believe Priscilla cannot do that. Priscilla won't stand a chance if Teresa is serious and uses up her energy.

The speed which Priscilla could chop off Teresa's arm only implied that Teresa 0% < Priscilla 80+% But not Teresa 80% and Priscilla 80%. IMO.

It may has a reason why Teresa doesn't try to use her power too often. I think she may fears herself too. This chapter may implies that only Clare who has half Teresa can kill Priscilla.

EDIT:

Monster design in Claymore is freaking awesome. Awakened Rosemary is very cool.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2007-07-02 at 01:18.
Old 2007-07-02, 00:05   Link #1797
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If I read correctly, its November... next 3 chapters are extras..

Also, I think.. once you are an AB, you stop growing .. So if Priscilla stay as claymore longer and developed a bit more, she'll be a stronger AB ..

Also, during Riful arc, when Duph killed the #30 AB, it was because she was weak so Riful wanted Jean to awaken as shes higher level.. Drawing a parrallel comparison.. the higher your # (ie the better your level is) the better AB you'll be ..And thats why the Abyssals are special too.. they are the strongest Claymore that turned to an AB.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-02, 01:04   Link #1798
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I think that another idea offered earlier that this side chapter seems to support is that of the warriors being ranked relatively, that is according to one another within each generation at any given time, not that each rank has an absolute set criteria that a warrior happens to meet. Apparently, Rosemarie "would have been" number one had Teresa not been as she was. Because the title of Abyssal is awarded to a number 1 ranked warrior awakening, Rosemarie would have been such a being [actually, she was number 1 until she was bumped down because of Teresa]. I admit to some degree of oversimplifying, but this scenario just easily suggests that Teresa might be an Abyssal class fighter during her time, and one so good such that she deceived her employers about the true nature of her strength. Whether she was strong enough to take on the three Abyssals I can't quite say. But if her battle with Priscilla who is an awakened being is any indication, and knowing that although Priscilla is not an Abyssal, two of them (Isley and Riful) acknowledge that they are no match for her, the suggestion about Teresa should not be entirely dismissed.

This side story is obviously service for Teresa fans clearly among which I am counted, but I just love Teresa and this chapter is very satisfying to me.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2007-07-02 at 01:29.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:12   Link #1799
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
When Teresa said that she may cannot defeat Priscilla next time, it's only because Teresa thought that she cannot read Priscilla Yoki.
Actually, Teresa's thoughts were that "there was a monster inside Priscilla, and someday she would be very strong."

Quote:
So, in order for Priscilla to defeat Teresa. She must has very much much power at her initial state. It means Priscilla must stay at 0% while she's fighting with Teresa. Releasing a bit of her yoki = Game OVER. I believe Priscilla cannot do that. Priscilla won't stand a chance if Teresa is serious and uses up her energy.
Here you forgot a key part of their fight.

When Priscilla seriously started to power up, Teresa was no longer able to read her youki flow because it was simply overwhelming. So it's not only her ability to keep her youki surpressed that's a danger to Teresa's greatest skill, but in fact releasing most of her youki ends up having the same effect.

What that means, is that as an awakened being, that situation should be worse. Especially for Clare, whose talent isn't anywhere near as developed as Teresa's. Of course, there's no way for Clare to know this flaw.
Old 2007-07-02, 01:35   Link #1800
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Actually, Teresa's thoughts were that "there was a monster inside Priscilla, and someday she would be very strong."
Yep. But I thought Teresa didn't fear it. She worried because she couldn't use her ability as her advantage. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Here you forgot a key part of their fight.

When Priscilla seriously started to power up, Teresa was no longer able to read her youki flow because it was simply overwhelming. So it's not only her ability to keep her youki surpressed that's a danger to Teresa's greatest skill, but in fact releasing most of her youki ends up having the same effect.
I've already known it but I believe that she just use more time to decipher it though.

I suspect that Teresa may tries to lower her power because she fears that she cannot control it.