AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 06:55   Link #2961
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

To clarify more of what Keroko already said, if you kill other players (ship or pod them) you suffer a security standings hit. When you reach a certain limit, there are several, you cannot enter certain systems with a security standing.

From the EVE site:
  • Players with -2.0 or worse cannot enter 1.0 systems
  • Players with -2.5 or worse cannot enter 0.9 systems
  • Players with -3.0 or worse cannot enter 0.8 systems
  • Players with -3.5 or worse cannot enter 0.7 systems
  • Players with -4.0 or worse cannot enter 0.6 systems
  • Players with -4.5 or worse cannot enter 0.5 systems

It's not irreversible, but hard to regain. Hence, 0.4 systems and below are available for everyone of any standing.

Worth to note however, is that you do NOT suffer security standing hit if you kill anyone in 0.0, as it's lawless.

@Keroko: Maybe an EVE thread should be created instead of hijacking this

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The lower the rating the longer it takes for CONCORD to get there or detect it.
Actually, this has been proven not to be the case. They react as fast in any system down to 0.5.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 06:57   Link #2962
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

EVE seems to pop up in this thread occasionally! Same with WAR, but EVE more so. I'm pretty sure it has its own thread already.

Just looked at those pics, is that the Caldari Titan? Never actually seen a ship of that class in game, its like as big as Luminare! Well... nearly Would give the station there a run for its money.

Oh really! Could swear they seem to take their sweet ass time when my newbie ass wandered into a low-sec system for mining and got killed by some player.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:00   Link #2963
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Not according to Search it hasn't...unless I'm blind which is usually the case, but I'm not getting thread results.

Old 2009-03-18, 07:05   Link #2964
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmm, really coulda sworn I saw a thread on its own one day. Someone asking if people played it, then getting into some big ass discussion about something to do with the books or whatever I think it was.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:09   Link #2965
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Just looked at those pics, is that the Caldari Titan? Never actually seen a ship of that class in game, its like as big as Luminare! Well... nearly Would give the station there a run for its money.
Yeah, it's the Caldari Titan, the Leviathan. It's rather popular farming place I think, seeing as attacking it spawns loads of Caldari ships, as seen in krisslanza's pics.

Quote:
Oh really! Could swear they seem to take their sweet ass time when my newbie ass wandered into a low-sec system for mining and got killed by some player.
I think they changed it in a patch, somewhere. maybe you played before that but I to take a look around to really be sure.

Old 2009-03-18, 07:13   Link #2966
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
There's your problem.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-18 at 09:36.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:37   Link #2967
Mr Hat and Clogs

It was above .5! ...ok it was .5!

They did turn up... just.. slow! Although that was like the only time I've needed the services of CONCORD, so for all I know that is their response time, lols.
Old 2009-03-18, 10:11   Link #2968
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Someone in my guild today got a Green Proto Drake from an Oracles egg for the SECOND time...he got utterly pasted with hate. -_-

Seems Thorim will drop T8 Helm tokens.

Now I'm beginning to understand why Enhancement Shamans own so much while levelling...Maelstrom and Spirit Wolves with Leap and Bash...Fresh off the first boat to Northrend, I ran into a jerk of a 71 Hunter who was picking off unsuspecting people, so I ganked his hide until he logged. Frost Shock + Maelstrom + Spirit Wolves = evil.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:19   Link #2969
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'm sure there's exactly 2 people in this thread that care, but:

Can't believe it, until a week ago I never expected I'd ever be able to get this.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 23:41   Link #2970
Mr Hat and Clogs

Grats on the achievement and mount.

Close to having ours only need S3D for the 10m GOTR, but still need 2 Maly ones and 2 naxx ones (inc. Immortal) for the Heroic one. We left it way to late to do these things...
Old 2009-03-19, 17:31   Link #2971
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Grats again, Blade.

Yesterday I got Northern Expsoure on a 3rd character. ^^ I've found two in Howling Fjord (King Ping on my Druid, Vigidis on my Hunter) and 1 in Grizzly Hills (Seething Hate on my Mage).
Old 2009-03-19, 22:29   Link #2972
Nosauz

Quote:
Grats on the achievement and mount.

Close to having ours only need S3D for the 10m GOTR, but still need 2 Maly ones and 2 naxx ones (inc. Immortal) for the Heroic one. We left it way to late to do these things...
i remember we actually almost got immortal the 3rd week of wotlk, after we cleared all four wings with only thaddius left since at the time 4hm was the first to go in our attempts for immortal, we're running to thaddius and since no one has died yet we are feeling good cuz really kt is cake, and sapphiron is a joke once we sub in an extra bacon of light spammin pally, anyway, we get to frogger and a rogue of all people freaking dies... I mean really, you have sprint... anyway all I can remember is that he didn't raid for a good three weeks, and our raid leader really did a number on his ass. WoW is srs buizness.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 22:36   Link #2973
Mr Hat and Clogs

You can die on trash though, unless you mean he died to frogger while someone agro'd a boss. Dieing to Frogger wouldn't cost you immortal, someone else fked up.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:52   Link #2974
Nosauz

hmmm yea probably, but at the time since all the achievements were new our raid leader was so po'd that it pretty much ruined the rest of raiding that night, and since we had 5 bosses left, thaddius being the hardest because really some of my guildmates are completely terrible at platforming missed the platforms after the jump and in the end somebody died from not having a charge. After raiding Kj, I know naxx is the new kara but man the gruuls/mag equivilants were just not as brutal, I remember how brutal gruuls was right after release. Atm i've suspended my acount till the patch 3.1 comes out, and have been boring a guildies to play on the ptr to try out ulduar, for achievements and server firsts, there really isn't any rush anymore. Its like the day the content is released the top three guilds are gunning for em and progression in the end really doesn't feel like progression anymore, and for many guilds this will be even more dramatic. Unfortunatley wow has really shafted the hardcore player, which to some extent is ok, but sometimes only raiding one night a week, with little to no fear of not completeting the slew of raid instances is somewhat soul shattering. And as freaking warrior that predominantly tanks other doing stuff for achievement points which is by far the biggest time sink ever, most things are just bland. I really miss muru and kj because man those fights were epic, and actually they made leveling quite easy.
Old 2009-03-19, 23:26   Link #2975
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Grats RW. My guild fails at Naxx, so still waiting on Immortal. I'm rapidly losing hope that we'll get it before 3.1 lol.
Old 2009-03-20, 06:51   Link #2976
Ending

Ye, it's too late for the mount, but the titles stay. Immortal/Undying are still the best titles available in the game. Hopefully getting one or the other sometime soon, myself.

As to Eve Online, I think I will give the trial a go. If it works, since sometimes these trial-downloads require more software than just the basic package.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 08:39   Link #2977
Nosauz

link up your battlenet accounts with your wow accounts
Old 2009-03-20, 10:20   Link #2978
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Apparently the most recent 3v3 Arena Tournament finals were between teams with the same lineup - Mage, Rogue, Priest. SK Gaming got beat by a Korean team. In the crucial match, SK has their Mage and Priest left while the Koreans only had the Mage up. But the lone Mage utterly destroyed the duo.
Old 2009-03-20, 16:02   Link #2979
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Thanks all. I've been enjoying going afk, parking the mount very conspicuously at the entrance to Krasus' Landing. Surprisingly I'm getting a lot of people /cheering at me instead of /golfclapping or making derogatory e-peen comments like I expected/wanted.

Looks like they're putting Immortal back on the Ulduar meta but changing it to be on a per boss basis instead of for the entire run at once. Makes it a lot more manageable. I am glad they are also apparently changing the title associated with it though, I like having a unique one for going through the horror that was Naxx Immortal. Yeah, I suppose Immortal will actually still be an easier title to get because of the new gear, but I don't think it will be quite as easy as a lot of people think, bads will still be bads.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 17:45   Link #2980
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Just rolled a shamie, and I almost had to start eating something to prevent my jaw from constantly unhinging at the abnormal mana regen. Standing still for 3 seconds = full mana? What the hell? I know I'm only level 6, but even then this is ridiculous!

Definitely shows I haven't been playing mana-based classes for a while. <_<
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows