AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 06
Perfect 10 11 9.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 5.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 18.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 17.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 9.73%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 12.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 10.62%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-30, 23:25   Link #81
Suiton!
Akabane ftmfw!

If u actually isolated the gaara fight + the sasori flick they add up to 3 minutes. I don't see how it takes 40 minutes to display 3 minutes.

Deidara finally shown some badass-ness, gaara got defeated which is very good for me, cause he uses hax. Still the only one that pwns gaara with style is sasuke (sigh, where are you).

I absolutely absolutely love sasori's voice. I hate kankurou, I hope its a 1-2 hit ko fight.

Vote 2/10.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-01 at 11:05.
Suiton! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:11   Link #82
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighto
These 2 eps were OK. Nothing special but still they were fine OMO. I can't understand ppl whining over slow pace. geee i would commit a suicide after being served another portion of fillers. by fillers i mean FILLERS!! I'm sure that after 2 yers of suffering, the term filler got a completly new meaning.

I like eps focusing on chara development, i want more chara interactions, i don't care that much about the progress in the main story. story will progress anyway. Stop whining and enjoy. Next ep is going to be nice. it proly won't rock, but still it's gonna be hell better than filler eps all together
Now that's a debatable statement...
I mean, it's like a quality versus Quantity thing... With this slow paced method, you get law quality, but you guess less fillers and more main story... However, on the old method, you got High Quaility, but at th sacrifice of fillers... I mean, the question kinda becomes, if they are gonna cut back heavily on the quality, then is it even worth watching anymore?

so far, i'm not feeling it... Those two episodes dragged on horribly, 6 more than 7 though...
Last time it was mostly just a bunch of flying around and blocking eachother's attacks, nothing really exciting was added at all... this time, i think what killed the episode the most was the switching back to normal life in kohona (though some scene s in sand were still dragged out)... really, if i knew how long those were, i would have jumpped over them just to get back to garra's fight... it felt terribly uniteresting and felt like a serious waste of time. There's a time and place for that kind of stuff, and this wasn't it. Really, if they are gonna extend fights and such, they could atleast keep it interesting and exciting, as opposed to dragging it... oi, the anime team really has no talent, i mean bad fillers is one thing, but they can't even do a good job when they are working off someone else (altering someone elses work is much easier then coming up with something orginal)

"These episodes we're ok", is the best this episode can get and that's a good thing?... Garra of the desert, kazekage and baddess vs Diedara a member of akatsuki, evil organization made up of S-class badasses... seriously, back before the filler seasons, an episode like this would have garnished "OMFG!" kind of responces

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
Bad: didara's little clay bombs were able to extract them selves from rock hards packed sand. I think i like the manga version ofve how he was beaten then this one
Actually, looking at the manga version that might have been how it happened... If you look at the page where Garra sences something wrong before the explosion, you can see two odd shapped white blurry things... they maybe Deidara's bugs, but in the background and out of focus, kinda odd that Kishi didn't show them clearly, but that could be why the anime team did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetrio
I was expecting Sand to put up a better fight against the Akatsuki. I wanted to see them summon giant monsters.
Indeed... in the manga, the Sand basically did nothing to help Garra and that felt a bit weak, though i think the only thing that saved it was the fact tht the fight was quick and over in just two chapters so we barly notice how inactive the sand was, and thus didn't think too much about it... The anime team, i think, had some damn good potential for exciting filler material with the sand responding to the attack...

Ballistas with exploding arrows... a decent idea... however, the idea was just ruined by the fact Deidara had no trouble at all doding the attack, if the attack was enough to keep him sweating and give him some close calls, then it might have helped the action...

Really there are a number of things the anime team could have come up with that would have helped keep the action of that scene up... such as having couple of ninjas who know how to like use the winds and fans to fly, or maybe know how to use puppets like gliders and sore up... And summonings are always something that they could pull out of their ass, i mean not hard to imagine their being somekind of bird summonings to help; not to mention some summonings like Temari's weasal don't seem to believe in gravity... also They are in the country of wind, some long range wind jutsus would have been nice to see... Deidara, being without clay would be forced to deal with them the old fashion way and it might be enough to really make him worry
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:20   Link #83
Child_of_Sierra

disappointing episode, you can feel the studio's neglect in animating everytime there was a repeat of scenes and panning of still shots.

Techniques used to build drama backfired and dissipated it instead. I don't read the manga but I can tell bad storytelling when I see one. An ENTIRE ninja village could do squat against an airborne threat? Nobody else had techniques that could give Deidara pause? They must have known they were a liability but still continued to watch and utter gaara Gaara! GAARA!? instead of planning something else? (No, those siege engines were hardly justifiable given how many ninja they should have mobilized by then). And hey look they didn't even have dozens of pursue squads ready when their precious KAZEKAGE was kidnapped (they still had to be organized later) This show is shaping up to be remembered by future generations as a BAD(typical?) example of a shounen show.
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:39   Link #84
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Really there are a number of things the anime team could have come up with that would have helped keep the action of that scene up... such as having couple of ninjas who know how to like use the winds and fans to fly, or maybe know how to use puppets like gliders and sore up... And summonings are always something that they could pull out of their ass, i mean not hard to imagine their being somekind of bird summonings to help; not to mention some summonings like Temari's weasal don't seem to believe in gravity... also They are in the country of wind, some long range wind jutsus would have been nice to see... Deidara, being without clay would be forced to deal with them the old fashion way and it might be enough to really make him worry
Or those huge ass 3 headed snakes back when they tried to invade Konoha.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-01 at 10:22.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 04:08   Link #85
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it was nice that Sasori and Kankuro FINALLY said something else in these damn episodes...than the same crap over and over and over...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 04:11   Link #86
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Basicly reading from our complaints the dissapointing factor in all ofve thsi si teh studios anime team SUCKness at making anime in anyway shape or form. Then i wanan knwo why the hell did Kishimoto pick these innanimate morons and not a group far better suited for the work.

Thought out the fillers they mostly sucked all kinds ofve things most people would never suck in theri live and now when they only ahve to copy and slightly adapt the still suck even more then they did before.
Old 2007-03-31, 07:40   Link #87
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Or those huge ass 3 headed snakes back when they tried to invade Konoha.
They'd just end up destroying their own village if they summonned that thing.
Old 2007-03-31, 10:03   Link #88
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Any guess on the length of time it took Gaara to get the sand away from the village? Wasn't it like 20 minutes? I really hate the little info specials that come way to early. It's like they take 3 minutes away from the show. HOWEVER, the info specials are really informative.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 15:41   Link #89
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Without reading the rest of this thread I'll give you my take...

I was actually very entertained by the first few minutes of this episode and thought that while the pacing is $hit to be kind atleast the high quality of animation made me forget about it a bit, but once the anticlimatic fight with Gaara ended this episode turned into a crawl of a pathetic display...The second half of the episode was Kankuro walking the desert while the Akatsuki guys walked the desert as the paper-bird flies in the desert ...I mean they gave no attempt to even hide the fact they were moving this ep at a snail's pace...The overall effect of Deidera vs. Gaara suffered aswell because of the horrible pacing...I don't get the sense I saw a greatly improved gaara vs. a awesome Akatsuki guy....I saw this unexciting methodical fight...Gaara V. Kimmimuro was 20 times better than this slow-exploding fight...

Naruto 2 years later still whining about everything seemed out of place too..In the first ep he's happy and hyped by the challenge that everyone has passed him in rank, but now he's all emo about it...Just didn't seem real...and Neither was the choppyness of going back and forth between Naruto eating Raman and what was supposed to be this "SPECIAL!!" episode fight...If it wasn't for a cool scene with Shiki and Temari and Kankuro atleast starting his assault I was ready to give this ep a 1 or 2...I finally settled on a 4, because overall, in execution and in content this ep was quite poor...

Something else that's really starting to bother me is the BGM's...I'm sorry guys, but THEY ARE BORING, this earth-tone music does nothing to enhance the fight or the atmosphere...Hell there's even several scenes where there is NO MUSIC (just generic sound FX)...I'll have to cope but boy do I miss old-school naruto BGM's (Atleast those tracks could make a $hitty ep have a fake feeling of hypeness)...

Now we wait 2 more weeks for what seems to be another lame-a$$ mission for team Kakashi when we we're being teased they may actually do the Gaara case...One thing I dig about America over Japanese presentation is that atleast we hype the hell out of the first few eps of a new series before we $hit on the fans with subpar eps...For some reason I guess the opposite applies here...
Old 2007-03-31, 15:47   Link #90
Asianknight82
Banned

I think that I'm the only one that actually liked Naruto's interaction with Iruka and the noodle shop owner and his daughter. I've forgotten how cute she was. XD

Oh, when naruto came back home, it can't help but made me feel sorry for him and how sad it is, that he has no one at home waiting for him
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 16:34   Link #91
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This special was neither that good nor that bad either. In fact, the switching of shots from Suna to Konoha went on timing due that they cut about the moment a cliffhanger was happening around Suna while moving back to Konoha where everyone was relaxing and not awared of what Akatsuki did at the time.

Honestly, the density and atmosphere for this story arc is starting to take off, since stretching the pace for this hour special, although vexing, it's helping to build expectations and interest to see through the next special on what is going to happen next; my take on that.

Anyways, the soundtrack continues to stand on high ground in comparison with the story progressed.

Actually, what was happening to Gaara at Suna it was hinted or felt at Konoha before the message arrived.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-04-01 at 00:55.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:04   Link #92
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

It was ridiculously slow paced and converted what was suppose to be a 25min episode into a 45min episode.

The awesome Gaara vs. Deidara fight was juiced till it was nothing left.... it was painful in my book. They found every possible way to squeeze out every drop of suspense....
Old 2007-03-31, 20:06   Link #93
Syndicate
Banned

too much filler skipped the whole ramen deal so dont ask me about it.

Deidera owns

Sasori is freaking scary man damn i thought he was badass like hell.

the footprints deal was nice, to see how ninja smartness is used.

Naruto going back to his old home and then going all emo about sasuke was just hilarious wa slike sasuke was his wife or some thing.

Last edited by Syndicate; 2007-03-31 at 20:24.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:49   Link #94
Suiton!
Akabane ftmfw!

Quote:
Naruto going back to his old home and then going all emo about sasuke was just hilarious wa slike sasuke was his wife or some thing.
Yeah I totally agree on that part. Naruto was acting like a lonely widow.
Suiton! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:53   Link #95
Syndicate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiton! View Post
Yeah I totally agree on that part. Naruto was acting like a lonely widow.
personally i think the whole reason why naruto acts that way is basically he knows that he also has a small part in why sasuke left the village they allways had fights also good moments but from what i know from teh anime

It was allways naruto trying to make sasuke look bad. sasuke this sasuke that. like if i prank your ass then the guy goes away and your like huh why he left is he mad at me.

i just hope the next ep shows 20 min of sasori fight but that would belittle sasori
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:14   Link #96
Lendial

the bgm is the only thing keeping me watching at the moment .

some of the older bgm were just cheesy and boring.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:18   Link #97
Willowwhisp

I think it's been touched upon a fair bit by other posters but the Shippuden Episodes all seem to be suffering from the same problems. Namely issues with scene-switching and pacing.

The over-all pace of the Gaara and Deidara battle has been fairly slow, but in general I think I liked the battle. Although I was rather indifferent to Deidara I think I’ve grown to like him with the final chunk of this battle, the concept of “mixing his clay with Gaara’s Sand” was interesting and one thing I’ve always enjoyed in Naruto is that most fights end with a moment of intelligence. I also think the fact that having Gaara’s last move be moving the sand from the village was a noble touch and reinforces the ‘changed Gaara’ that we’ve been introduced to.

The ending was well done in my opinion. The fact that Kankuru (sp?) was following Gaara’s sand works for me, it’s the cookie crumbs deal. I presume Gaara’s sand is slightly different from the desert sand due to being mixed with his chakra but it’s certainly similar enough to go unnoticed to the untrained eye, so it reinforces the understanding that the ninjas are highly aware of their environment, Kankuru especially. It’s also a believable flaw in Akatsuki’s plan to have not noticed Gaara’s sand dripping into the desert (or to have simply ignored it presuming it would go unnoticed), and the cocky and slow way they made their exit is fitting to their characters in my opinion, so I have no issue with it.

The ending with Kankuru’s puppets being stopped by the bony tail definitely had me intrigued and I look forward to the future battle. Sasori (sp?) seemed like a boring character at first, looking like a big heap that would do nothing but complain, however pulling out that tail move and proclaiming that he will end it shortly has me interested.

As for the Konoha stuff, it’s just too poorly timed. It ties in with the scene switching issue: Peaceful Konoha vs. Major Battle. I’m sure everyone knows what 90% of viewers would prefer to be watching. The Konoha scenes weren’t all that bad, its just their placement in the episode made it very easy to lose interest in them. In a way they ruined it, although I suppose in its own way it’s necessary for the story to continue, it would probably leave question marks as to exactly what Naruto is doing if they showed us nothing of what was happening in Konoha.

Over all, maybe a 6/10. It’s still dogged down by the same issues as before: pace, “replay scenes” of what previously happened and poorly placed scene switches.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:52   Link #98
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Dont forget that Sasori commented that he dont have to come to Suna again..

And *if* you put his tail + above comment ... O_O
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 01:53   Link #99
xcad

next episode better have like.. 35mins of sasori and kankuro battling it out. den the rest is on naruto bickering with tsunade.
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 02:55   Link #100
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcad View Post
next episode better have like.. 35mins of sasori and kankuro battling it out. den the rest is on naruto bickering with tsunade.
sorry to break the new to ya but the next epi will have 5mins of sasori/kankuro fight, 10mins of naruto/tsunade bickering and 5mins of watching naruto have raman and 20mins of flashback
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote