AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 01:46   Link #1041
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So uh... For the Winter Season, I'll.... be "Freezing my ass off" *play drum sound effect for jokes*
haha, as if we hadn't figured it out already...
well, makes sense. after Hyakka Ryouran, Freezing is the next logical step.

btw, yeah, as for winter season Freezing is a must-watch for me too (of course, ), and most likely going to watch Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? too.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:24   Link #1042
Manic
real men love pink

eh freezing starts off good, then gets shitty for a whilte, then has gotten good again. The main heroine is o..k.. but i think i prefer the other girl. How the series is gonna end up seems a bit predictable as well.

Anyway back to this, yeah i agree i said earlier it would be easy to bring jubei back. I guess there isnt many LN readers for this around
Old 2010-12-21, 02:33   Link #1043
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Anyway back to this, yeah i agree i said earlier it would be easy to bring jubei back. I guess there isnt many LN readers for this around
there were some, a few pages back in this thread. they just... disappeared?
well, hope they'll come back, 'cause I too am very curious about the LNs.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:38   Link #1044
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Now we just need someone to look into the original work (light novel) and find out the possibilities of continuation, did the novel end already or did it end differently?
I think there are 6 volumes out atm, with new MS (possibly joining Muneakira). And remember the ones who weren't turned MS did change in the novels I think from the spoilers someone posted before.

Wish I didn't ask for the books to be shipped through service mail... might take another 3 weeks to get here.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:39   Link #1045
Iron21

I would be more excited about Freezing if I haven't already read the manga beforehand.

I'm currently having a love/hate thing with it right now.

Still sadden about Jubei, but at least she's still there in the novel. (I hope)
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:41   Link #1046
Mizuno
Undefined

Spoiler for jubei:
Old 2010-12-21, 03:17   Link #1047
ZeKeR
Superbad

if there be second season, twintail fanatics like mangatron and himeji (thanks to them, i nearly am turning over to the dark side with BOTH of thar Naoe sigs) will rock so hard.
Old 2010-12-21, 06:28   Link #1048
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

You know, show me a Naoe special, then I will rock this boat hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
I would be more excited about Freezing if I haven't already read the manga beforehand.

I'm currently having a love/hate thing with it right now.

Still sadden about Jubei, but at least she's still there in the novel. (I hope)
Heh, my distaste of the series can be seen in that thread, as Manic has summed up my feelings of the manga. From what we've seen of official art, I've already made the conclusion of which parts will be animated, so I'm hands off the story and just going to reward my eyes. I guess it's that ritual now, just gotta have my fighting girls fixx for the new year or, as a self proclaimed mad scientist, maybe I'm just fascinated by the mystical phenomena that is ripped clothes

I mean, in episode 12, when Gisen grabbed Juubei's left breast, and then... her clothes exploded I laugh every time I think back to that scene, and, of course, it made me wonder, will that happen if I were to pleasantly grab a woman's bosom? Will I have to pay for her blouse? Am I a Master General?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I think there are 6 volumes out atm, with new MS (possibly joining Muneakira). And remember the ones who weren't turned MS did change in the novels I think from the spoilers someone posted before.

Wish I didn't ask for the books to be shipped through service mail... might take another 3 weeks to get here.
From start to finish, this series never failed to have a little Dai Maou talk now and then. And for good reason, like Dai Maou, a part of my enjoyment of this series stems largely from my total lack of knowledge of it's source material (and the rather complete lack of spoilers here, save for those 2 images of my Naoe-chan in the arms of another). Of course though, in the end it does make you want to know more, I admit

I would be (or is that 'wouldn't be') surprised though, if they animated an entirely original anime ending. That usually says "I'm not going to continue", though I may never know

@Dahak: Honestly, this is the first time I visit these forums on my desktop since your new choice of sig. Really, despite the total lack of twintail in either your avatar or sig, color me completely hypnotized by the continuous ups and downs that be your sig/ava combo
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 10:42   Link #1049
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
You know, show me a Naoe special, then I will rock this boat hard
What we need is a Naoe spin-off series. I want to know what a warrior of love's duties are, damnit!
Old 2010-12-21, 12:55   Link #1050
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What we need is a Naoe spin-off series. I want to know what a warrior of love's duties are, damnit!
You and me both I would really really love it if one of the warrior of love's duties is match making. Would totally make for a great romantic comedy series
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 13:56   Link #1051
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

More Toyosaki Aki is always a good thing: Bring on more TsuguTsugu!!
Old 2010-12-21, 16:00   Link #1052
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

the ending was lame but the fight between Jubei and Gisen was good. If the anime had more of that type of action it would have been better.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 16:05   Link #1053
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
the ending was lame but the fight between Jubei and Gisen was good. If the anime had more of that type of action it would have been better.
You could tell the staff was being lazy about the action because they were taking Naoe as their personal idol. Useless but awesome. Yes, I'm half-joking.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:46   Link #1054
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I do know one thing - I'm definitely getting the OST for this. I want music NAO.

Ah Freezing, if their fights are animated in this fashion, at least my fight fanboy side will be almost as pleased as my ero fanboy side.
Old 2010-12-21, 17:18   Link #1055
Sekirei07

In the first episode it showed what seemed like all the girls. But maybe those were not the girls we know and those were actually the 7 Master Samurai that supposedly stopped the awakening three years prior to the main storyline. They just looked like them for effect. Because it was mentioned that the air raid was one of the events that past master samurai had prevented.

The ending kinda left an ass load of unanswered questions, mainly who the HELL is Muneakira!?

I mean we never got ANY explanation as to :
1. How was he able to summon both Gisen and Jubei?
2. What there connections are like with them having the same last name?
Old 2010-12-21, 17:29   Link #1056
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
You and me both I would really really love it if one of the warrior of love's duties is match making. Would totally make for a great romantic comedy series
I won't mind a Naoe spinoff, only under the condition that it's about Naoe's previous missions with more seriousness, considering her previous role as spy and assassin? Maybe, we'll get a new side of her (a more darker side).

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:33   Link #1057
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering what we saw of her "assassin" and "spy" skills in the present, what leads you to think she was any more competent in the past? She may be comic relief, but she plays her role with pride and with gusto.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 07:12   Link #1058
Mizuno
Undefined

Jubei wasn't really one of my fav characters in this series at first, but she grew on me in the last couple of episodes. Probably I feel sentimental for Jubei-chan and miss the badassery from Jubei-san. *sniff*
Old 2010-12-22, 14:32   Link #1059
jdennis007

That was great, I can't wait for season two.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 19:21   Link #1060
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
That was great, I can't wait for season two.
well, looking at the way they ended it, a 2nd season seems unlikely, but who knows... I'm certainly hoping for it, nonetheless.

anyway, here's ep12 GIFs (+ some from ep11) =>
Spoiler:

and that's it! Now, to wait for Sen's special... when was the date exactly?

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen