AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 14:02   Link #1181
hikarihikari

this episode is plain, but next week, OH MY GOD... it beyond my craziest imagine... it's so wrong in so many fuching ways...
hikarihikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 16:17   Link #1182
tsunade666

episode 04 is pure lolz specially the fact that the expression of Yu is still the same even though Yukiko is getting flustered and also the blushing Kanji

EDIT: Funny ending with running and buying food and also Priestess Arcana acquired.
Old 2011-11-10, 17:21   Link #1183
Yuna Amakura

Yosuke is just so awesome. The scene at Junes was just as I wanted it to be.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:30   Link #1184
Key Board
Carbon

You know.. I'm wondering if Aiya's delivery really does what it says and you can order it even from the TV world
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 18:32   Link #1185
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Wow, the editing in this episode was so bad. It's like I was watching the Flintstones movie. Although that scene with the Aiya delivery was funny. Not really that good an episode though.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't notice this at first because the quality of the episode I was watching wasn't good, but the animation wasn't very good in this episode either. Particularly that chase scene. Which I suppose is what made it funny.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:13   Link #1186
CGrascal

"Dammit Yuu, it's painfully obvious that Yukiko wants you to summon your Mara and cast Arrow Rain." -- My thoughts during the Yuu and Yukiko conversation scene
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:34   Link #1187
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Aww, scene with Yukiko and Yuu was cute. I still wish they kept the part when she thanked him for saving her again while bringing something to drink while they wait.
Naoto looks nicely animated. Next up, saving Kanji's ass it seems.
Old 2011-11-10, 19:57   Link #1188
Miraluka
Banned

Next week: Manly men and fabulous guy.
Mission: Save Kanji's anal virginity.

Are you ready??
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 22:49   Link #1189
justsomeguy

Episode 6:
Margaret here is much more eager to make acquaintance with the MC than ingame.

Huh, Yuu's Expression is still at Rough, but he's clearly smiling and putting more emotion into his voice.

Holy crap at the amazing size difference between Kanji and Naoto.

They skipped the little debate about who does what when tailing Kanji. Ingame, Yuu gets asked to choose who to team up with. It ends up being Yukiko anyway, since Chie doesn't trust Yosuke with her.

Yuu pulled off the phone number exchange smoothly, just staring right at Yukiko while asking.

LOL at the chase, Yosuke trying to convince Chie to be a hero, and Aiya's food delivery.

The card at the ED is still the Magician, even though two Social Links were established today: Empress (Margaret) and Priestess (Yukiko).

They actually showed Bad, Bad Bathhouse, without any coverup! We'll likely get to see more of Shadow/Kanji next episode.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC

Last edited by justsomeguy; 2011-11-10 at 23:40. Reason: Blegh, got P3 and P4 mixed up, it's Margaret, not Liz
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 23:22   Link #1190
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Margaret can't even resist Brotag's swag.

Nanako finally calling Yuu Big Bro ravaged my nutbladder.

Yuu was pretty smooth asking Yukiko's number.

Kanji was all GET BENT and YOU SAYING I LIKE DUDES this episode.

And Aika suddenly out of nowhere.

I was completely satisfied with this episode. Next week, we get a manly episode filled with men doing manly things.
Old 2011-11-10, 23:42   Link #1191
GundamZZ
残念美人

The midnight TV program is getting more and more risky. Somehow, I don't find it surprising. If you watched some Japanese TV, you would agree. Can't wait for them to show tofu girl with Initial D delivery style. I wonder if Yukiko's tofu shopping has any hint. The hard to get girl opens herself to banchou. Banchou is beginning to his charismatic power. Since he is known for the playboy image, the anime is making sense now.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 00:15   Link #1192
rpgman1

They showed elements from the game that were supposed to be there, but there were some slight changes. Yuu looks only a few centimeters shorter than Kanji, but Naoto is really small. That chase scene was funny, especially Aiya's food delivery while they're still running.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 00:36   Link #1193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So yeah another...interesting episode of Midnight Television .

Some good funny moments like in class with Yosuke just bailing by the end of it . His banter with Chie should lead to some good laughs as the show continues.

Nanako was pretty cute and no surprise the small group loves her.
Old 2011-11-11, 00:41   Link #1194
amasposu

Just watched episode 6. I am loving this series.

And Amagi is so cute. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 00:49   Link #1195
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ya know, I never expected the "whacky chase scene" ended up being even MORE whacky than the game. I was amused.
Old 2011-11-11, 02:37   Link #1196
4Tran

Persona 4 - Episode 6

My feelings for this show remain the same: the overall worksmanship of the episode is weak, but the strength of the original material still shines through. In this episode, we're introduced to Kanji, and I find him to be a fun character. Then again, I've always had a soft spot for characters whose personalities belie their gruff appearances/reputations. Park Romi's character looks to be pretty interesting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Edit: Oh, and I didn't notice this at first because the quality of the episode I was watching wasn't good, but the animation wasn't very good in this episode either. Particularly that chase scene. Which I suppose is what made it funny.
I'm normally pretty blind to technically bad animation, but it was really jarring in this episode. Half the time, the character faces are barely animated, giving the appearance that they're all zombies. The other half, the artwork is terribly off-model. The only scene where it really worked was that chase, where the whole sequence was meant to be a farce.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:57   Link #1197
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Kanji's mom looks a lot younger here compared to her in-game model. A good change, IMO. I am also pleased that Yuu's already got cooking skills as opposed to portraying him build uip his skills.

So, any guesses for which Persona from the Priestess arcana will be used?
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 08:07   Link #1198
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

So far so good, imo. I never played the games, but I'm enjoying the anime so far.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:43   Link #1199
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On Kanji's promo video, I begun reading anaru, but turned out to be anarogu... ah! given that fabulous MAX dungeon coming the first made more sense
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:26   Link #1200
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 6:
Margaret here is much more eager to make acquaintance with the MC than ingame.

Huh, Yuu's Expression is still at Rough, but he's clearly smiling and putting more emotion into his voice.

Holy crap at the amazing size difference between Kanji and Naoto.

They skipped the little debate about who does what when tailing Kanji. Ingame, Yuu gets asked to choose who to team up with. It ends up being Yukiko anyway, since Chie doesn't trust Yosuke with her.

Yuu pulled off the phone number exchange smoothly, just staring right at Yukiko while asking.

LOL at the chase, Yosuke trying to convince Chie to be a hero, and Aiya's food delivery.

The card at the ED is still the Magician, even though two Social Links were established today: Empress (Margaret) and Priestess (Yukiko).

They actually showed Bad, Bad Bathhouse, without any coverup! We'll likely get to see more of Shadow/Kanji next episode.
Not quite. The card in the ED for Ep 6 was Priestess. (http://www.giantbomb.com/shin-megami...rds/52-341911/ for all Persona tarot).

Putting my game hat on for a second, the Empress Social Link only began once the MC (Yu Narukami) had reached Level 3 in Knowledge. If you look at the advert eyecatches, he's at Level 2 at most for all of the stats - the Empress link (Margarets social link) won't start yet if the game logic still applies (contrary to the fact that the scene in the Velvet Room with Margaret alone has already happened in the anime).

All in all, a decent episode to me - though it's clear that someone has been skimping on the art. Some of it during the episode was a joke
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy