AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 17:30   Link #1701
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, the part behind the trees? I think remember that .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:41   Link #1702
willx
Nyaaan~~

Y'know, the one thing I never got about Godou, was that considering he knows the gods he "kills" come back eventually (typically) -- what's the big deal about killing them and taking their powers?

Then again, if he had too many powers, I wonder how his personality would change -- it's kind of funny that there are conditions to each of them.. if you removed the conditions and allowed multiple ones to be used at the same time he'd be so OP !
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:41   Link #1703
Kadi
知識の探求者

Gods are the worst kind of catastrophe in that universe. They cause plagues, droughts, floods, wars, and I don't know what else. If gods are left alone, people suffer and die. Their moral concepts are incompatible with mankind's, we are fundamentally incapable of coexistence... so one party has to leave. Hopefully it's them. And if they come back... they are made to leave again. Until we are gone or something fundamental changes. I think one of the possible ends is Godou breaking the whole God-Campione-system and he'll become human again. Then he's finally free of his duty, there won't even be a need for it, just like he wishes... too bad the harem will stay.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:59   Link #1704
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The only God Mythology I can think of that would do this kind of things that you mention Kadi is the Roman and Greek Gods. Of course there are several others, but the Greek and Roman comes to mind when you think of Gods destroying the world. In a way I want Godou to stay being a Campione and not turn back to human, he is already adapting to his life already from the spoilers in later volumes.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:22   Link #1705
Kadi
知識の探求者

No, there are others, too, not Greek or Roman. Verethragna, Melqart, probably Nuadha, technically Perseus, Sun Wukang... those familiar with tvtropes might now "Orange and Blue Morality". (All Heretic) Gods genuinely don't understand what we humans find wrong about their behavior, about them using their powers (which leads to *insert catastrophe here*). It might even be part of what makes them what they are...

Also, V7 should show Godou's attitude quite well, I think. Look forward to it!
Old 2012-07-07, 22:20   Link #1706
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
No, there are others, too, not Greek or Roman. Verethragna, Melqart, probably Nuadha, technically Perseus, Sun Wukang... those familiar with tvtropes might now "Orange and Blue Morality". (All Heretic) Gods genuinely don't understand what we humans find wrong about their behavior, about them using their powers (which leads to *insert catastrophe here*). It might even be part of what makes them what they are...

Also, V7 should show Godou's attitude quite well, I think. Look forward to it!
^ Ooh! Looking forward to it.. I'm just following BT's translations and any spoilers I can find here or on jcafe :<

Looking forward to Luo Hoa big time!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:53   Link #1707
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I do know one thing, vol 7 makes Kadi happy. So it should make everyone happy, spoilers are nice if given, I am not going to ask because this Light Novel somehow makes me want to be kept into the dark then be unravel to the entire thing.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 01:51   Link #1708
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Incredibly, this might be a new record where I start reading the LN from just watching the first episode- Usually I would wait at least for the first arc to finish, or even the entire series depending on how it goes.

Hmmm, so many things to say... Firstly, it's ironic that after watching the Anime's condensed version of Godou's 'origin', I was able to relate better with the varies reference in to that incident during the Narrative monologues. I think if it wasn't for that I wouldn't feel 'connected' to what he was saying. But it's good- I also get to see the difference between Godou then, and Godou six months after getting his Campione powers and becoming more familiar with them. Incidentally, the best thing I like about this six months time skip is the change in the relationship dynamics with Erica- I just can't help but love the self-proclaim lovers, though too bad Godou's character doesn't provide the ideal kind of foil to Erica's personality, his oneliner retorts aren't are good after awhile. Mariya doesn't really do much for me after her initial appearance- her best scenes were when she pictures Godou as this demonic overlord and sexual deviant, those kinds of thing always crack me up, but both her and Shizuka comes off as overbearing half the time. Godou does have one thing unique and that's his hidden battle manic side due to his history in competitive sports, but if he keeps suppressing it until the eleventh hour then it's going to get abit annoying later on.

Exposition-wise colour me impress with the level of detail depicting the Gods and their mythology. I've always been the kind of person that likes my fantasies with a touch of real-world-ism, it shows that the Author does some research before hand instead of pulling things out of thin air. That said, as a person that tried his hand at research Pagan Mythology, Angelology and Demonology, things can get very frustrating very quickly due to the numerous tales and contradictions, and I see the Author bringing all that together and putting his own spin on it. Athena's 'true identity' was rather unexpected- I didn't think he would link her all the way back to the [Aeon of Isis] which Thelemites believed occurred during prehistory and which saw mankind worshipping a Great Goddess.

To say that this series have potential is an understatement, but hopefully it can avoid the very familiar pitfalls of other similar stories and do more to separate itself from the herd.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:59   Link #1709
Miraluka
Banned

Welcome to this series Chaos2, hope you enjoy it, the translations well... better be patient about them.
Old 2012-07-09, 19:31   Link #1710
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
So I just read the summary for volumes 3 and 4. Great stuff, must hand it to Kadi his summaries are very entertaining and simply the best.

I'm starting to wonder if Godou will kiss any girl he sees to get the information he needs. Such a player Godou, such a player.
Old 2012-07-11, 14:21   Link #1711
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

woow 86 pages of pure awesomeness .. xD( my eyes hurt though ..)
Old 2012-07-11, 17:01   Link #1712
Miraluka
Banned

Try reading Index's 905 pages from the LN thread .

This thread is quite dead lately... .
Old 2012-07-11, 17:35   Link #1713
Awrya
U mad?

It's 950
I imagine this thread will get livelier when the anime is over.
Old 2012-07-11, 17:42   Link #1714
Kadi
知識の探求者

Well, Index is a monster.

And what is there to talk about Campione? I don't really spoil anymore, I don't release due to lack of editing/quality, zzhk doesn't translate/release due to lack of enough time... as much as I hate people who come running, screaming "spoil this, spoil that", they kept the thread alive.

We can't compare Campione to other harem novels, we did that and it... was not so productive. We can compare our current favorite heroines, but we did that, too, and it was pointless (also, I personally don't remember all that much about V5). Or we can just wait. It's been almost two months since the V12 release, maybe they'll announce V13 in a month or two? ... *checks official homepage*
Old 2012-07-11, 17:44   Link #1715
Miraluka
Banned

Then, just don't scare the fans away!!!
Old 2012-07-11, 20:26   Link #1716
Athena
The Power of One

Let's compare Campione to ther novelof your dram. So, what are the differences, guys? xD
Old 2012-07-11, 21:27   Link #1717
Miraluka
Banned

A bigger setting answering questions yet leaving new ones that makes the fan to wish for more?
Old 2012-07-11, 23:20   Link #1718
Kadi
知識の探求者

Setting-wise, Horizon wins. Maybe Index, too.
Research-wise, Horizon wins (the only series that plays with non-trivial mathematics, among so many other things)
Character-wise, Horizon wins (Toori, Kimi)
Anime-adaption-wise, Horizon wins.
Plot-wise... Campione's pretty good, but the later novels of Index's "Old Testament" may be better. There's just so much coming together there... well, Campione's very subtle about it so I don't want to judge here. And I can't judge Horizon here since I don't know it well enough...

Well, what sets Campione apart is the relative lack of power-levels you have to cross and the lack of an exponential power progression that makes 99% of the other shounen action titles such a pain. And while I think Horzion's characters are better, that doesn't mean Campione's are bad. Also, Campione's characters develop in the right direction, albeit slowly.
Old 2012-07-11, 23:52   Link #1719
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It depends on what you're looking for in a series- You might say Horizon and Index's greatest strength is also their greatest weakness. After all not everybody likes to read through complicating settings and terminologies, not everybody likes to remember dozens upon dozens of characters. And making your plot too 'deep' and ' convoluted' also run the risk of alienating a large number of potential fans.

However by doing so, you can definitely set yourself apart from all other stories of this genre- And in this day and age, having a balanced story might not cut it anymore; people need to be more radical.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 00:46   Link #1720
Kadi
知識の探求者

Too much competition so they have to make it flashy? I see where you're coming from but I think instead of adding even more flashiness, many authors should instead work on their basics. Then again, most readers seem to be primed by T&A and copy-paste characters, so why bother? Creativity/quality might actually scare them off!

...then again, I don't think this is a problem for Campione. Jou-chan knows where he wants to go with the plot and the characters, and everything's more or less consistent. Okayokay, there are a few convenient little plotholes but those are mostly covered by the Rules of Cool, Drama or Funny. Compared to a certain other LN I know that's nothing

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem