AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 20:58   Link #2321
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
this? the [s ] text [ /s] tag.

v7 makes it really obvious. She is willing to trade anything, including her life, for Shidou and cannot stand to live in a world without him to a point where she turned towards the dark side.
v7 ill give you that but early one im not so convinced.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 11:47   Link #2322
kazzuya13

I just watch episode 3. I can't believe it that they would cut the scene where Kotori was shocked to see Shidou and Tohka as they enter the restaurant and made Tohka's date extend.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:30   Link #2323
Ramen00

As well as adding the crane game one as well as that transformation scene...
Tohka raging wasn't that epic much..-_-
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:09   Link #2324
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I just watch episode 3. I can't believe it that they would cut the scene where Kotori was shocked to see Shidou and Tohka as they enter the restaurant and made Tohka's date extend.
Agreed. The spit takes were the golden moments (Reine's delayed one was epic) and I was quite disappointed it didn't show that scene.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:23   Link #2325
XFire
150% done

I'm kin of pissed at how they portrayed what Tohka did to Origami. The beating was much worse in the LN. Her territory was crushed by the pressure of a backswing, and there was a whole squad of AST members who were nearly killed by the shockwaves. They made it look like Origami could have fought back, when its an important plot point that humans can't beat spirits.
Old 2013-04-19, 14:01   Link #2326
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm kin of pissed at how they portrayed what Tohka did to Origami. The beating was much worse in the LN. Her territory was crushed by the pressure of a backswing, and there was a whole squad of AST members who were nearly killed by the shockwaves. They made it look like Origami could have fought back, when its an important plot point that humans can't beat spirits.
mana killed kurumi many times....
Old 2013-04-19, 14:21   Link #2327
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
mana killed kurumi many times....
Mana's not exactly fully human anymore. I remember her using her abilities with out a CV unit
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 14:36   Link #2328
Ultragunner

sth still confuses even now, how does Mana pierce through the protection of Astral Dress? What would happen if she fought Tohka or Kotori (in her spirit form)?
Old 2013-04-19, 14:47   Link #2329
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Mana only killed Kurumi's clones, I feel like Kurumi is only play around with Mana.

Ellen (strongest wizard under DEM) should be on another order of power, as she is confident that she can handle dark Tohka if in top condition.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:01   Link #2330
Znail

It's a bit anoying that Tohka went from defeating the entire AST squad with the backlash of a single swipe of her sword to flailing away at Origami without success. Talk about major downgrade of her power in the anime.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:15   Link #2331
Ultragunner

skill is one thing but what's bothering me is that "have the magician's weapons advanced enough to take on the might of Astral Dress?", you know I still have the impression that fighting a spirit is like hitting diamond with...gold (unless the power of Astral Dress was deliberately lowered)
Old 2013-04-19, 18:32   Link #2332
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

They really dropped the ball with this episode. Would have been so~ much better if they stuck with the novel in it's entirety. Hope they don't mess up with Yoshino's arc.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:15   Link #2333
Trung-t-rung

The anime makes Tohka's power nerfed down...a lot. A single swing of Sandalphon, energy alone should enough to wipe out entire AST squad. In the anime, they make it look like Tohka has a hard time to break Origami's barrier despite spamming energy slash that enough to destroy surrounding.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 00:46   Link #2334
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I don't want to spoil anything over in the anime thread, so I'm asking here; does anybody have any sound bites of Asami Sanada doing Kurumi's voice?

Yeah, the wait for Kurumi's anime debut is killing me.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:07   Link #2335
Marly
>AS

So a lot of the complaints I'm getting is that Tohka's power levels weren't well expressed and that it missed out on some gags- Neither of those are really all that relevant in storytelling, so I don't see the problem here. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't want to spoil anything over in the anime thread, so I'm asking here; does anybody have any sound bites of Asami Sanada doing Kurumi's voice?

Yeah, the wait for Kurumi's anime debut is killing me.
Yes, it's called a character PV that's probably lying around somewhere in Youtubeland where all she really does is laugh like Iwata in a typical Nintendo interview. Is it really that difficult to wait for 3 weeks for a proper character debut?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:54   Link #2336
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
So a lot of the complaints I'm getting is that Tohka's power levels weren't well expressed and that it missed out on some gags- Neither of those are really all that relevant in storytelling, so I don't see the problem here. Am I missing something?
Yes. It diminishes the scope of the potential destruction a spirit like Tohka can wreak on the world. All this time they've been playing up these girls as uber-threats that can destroy civilization. The same scene in the novel gives quite that feeling when she's swatting AST like flies with just the shockwaves from her swings. Not as much when she's struggling to break one AST member's barrier.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:03   Link #2337
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Yes. It diminishes the scope of the potential destruction a spirit like Tohka can wreak on the world. All this time they've been playing up these girls as uber-threats that can destroy civilization. The same scene in the novel gives quite that feeling when she's swatting AST like flies with just the shockwaves from her swings. Not as much when she's struggling to break one AST member's barrier.
I personally think the spacequakes and how helpless people are against them express the scope of spirits' danger well enough. It's really already been established that spirits are a threat in quite a scale, so I don't see the need for it need to re-express it.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:05   Link #2338
Ramen00

I believe it's quite relevant in story telling xD.. depicting how much strong spirits are.. and depicting how far a level of Tohka is. as well as how the CR-unit works( They didn't even explained it on the anime)

another complaint for me is...Transformation scene takes a lot of time...will they always use it when a spirit transforms?
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 03:38   Link #2339
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Yes, it's called a character PV that's probably lying around somewhere in Youtubeland where all she really does is laugh like Iwata in a typical Nintendo interview. Is it really that difficult to wait for 3 weeks for a proper character debut?
I've already seen that, and it only has her laugh. (which is fangasmic in its own right , but I was asking more for an actualy dialogue byte or something)
And yes it is that difficult to wait three weks for Kurumi's proper character debut.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:42   Link #2340
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I've already seen that, and it only has her laugh. (which is fangasmic in its own right , but I was asking more for an actualy dialogue byte or something)
And yes it is that difficult to wait three weks for Kurumi's proper character debut.
From what I know, I haven't come across anything other than her laugh. I'll tell you if I come across something like it.

Just out of curiosity though, what do you exactly like about the character?

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy