AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-06-18, 11:03   Link #21
Wandering Soul

I liked the fight due to how it really pushed Luffy to his limits. I do hope this is the end though.

Can't believe the shades came off. I was starting to think theyvwere part of Doflamingo's body and couldn't even removed by an Yonkou or Admiral.
Old 2015-06-18, 11:48   Link #22
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007 View Post
I don't know, but is there a crack in the air like with the gura-gura fruit?
I believe that is the part of Doffy's spider web and not cracks in the air.
Old 2015-06-18, 12:27   Link #23
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So...that happened. Not a bad chapter necessarily, but the break completely ruined the tension created with the last chapter. We certainly got a big attack from Luffy, but it just feels a little too late. Oh well, hopefully the fight is over now (or at least can be finished for good next chapter with or without Luffy) and we can find out whats been going on with Kaidou and Big Mom (Mam?) and the other Strawhats (god I hope the next arc isn't a 'rescue Nami' story).
I do hate to have Nami captured in any form. That was my main reason to get this current arc finished.
Old 2015-06-18, 12:30   Link #24
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007 View Post
I don't know, but is there a crack in the air like with the gura-gura fruit?
That's what I was thinking, and despite what others will say I'm going to stick to believing Luffy did a similar affect like Whitebeards DF.

I actually think Doflamingo is still up. lol But he'll go down similar to Blueno.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-06-18, 12:35   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found Doflamingo a lot more impressive than Luffy in this chapter. These attacks of his were pretty crazy.

King Kong Gun was incredibly powerful, but well, it's just a bigger Kong. I expected something better after all this build up.
Old 2015-06-18, 13:00   Link #26
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown
The real question still stands, why the hell didn't he just use that technique from the beginning, would have 1HKO'D Doflamingo without all this "no haki for 10 minutes" drama.
Because if Luffy had used this attack from the get-go, it wouldn't have defeated Doflamingo, since he had too much strength left. The only reason it's a 1HKO right now is because Doflamingo is incredibly fragile at this point.
Old 2015-06-18, 13:28   Link #27
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I do hate to have Nami captured in any form. That was my main reason to get this current arc finished.
Don't worry, it won't just be Nami, the entire group B will be caught

Think Oda would stay with the group we have an entire two arcs? You know, Zoro / Usopp / Robin / Franky? Wano I think is up next right? So.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-06-18, 13:54   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Because if Luffy had used this attack from the get-go, it wouldn't have defeated Doflamingo, since he had too much strength left. The only reason it's a 1HKO right now is because Doflamingo is incredibly fragile at this point.
I assumed it was because he didn't want to destroy that much of the island unless he had to, but then the question remains that he should have known his Kong Gun would deplete his Haki, therefore he should have just used King Kong Gun in the first place to make sure Mingo was defeated instead of possibly needing 10 minutes to recover like he ended up needing. By the time he used Kong Gun, Luffy knew how tough Mingo was and that he shouldn't waste any effort. Now that it's over it really feels like Oda built up a "suspenseful" finishing move and extended the fight an extra month for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post

Think Oda would stay with the group we have an entire two arcs?
Makes sense. Sanji, Nami, Chopper & Brook getting abducted would mean that the next story arc will focus more on them, at least for the first part of it. Either way, I'm sure the next story will revolve around them more than the others.
Old 2015-06-18, 16:11   Link #29
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I assumed it was because he didn't want to destroy that much of the island unless he had to, but then the question remains that he should have known his Kong Gun would deplete his Haki, therefore he should have just used King Kong Gun in the first place to make sure Mingo was defeated instead of possibly needing 10 minutes to recover like he ended up needing. By the time he used Kong Gun, Luffy knew how tough Mingo was and that he shouldn't waste any effort. Now that it's over it really feels like Oda built up a "suspenseful" finishing move and extended the fight an extra month for no reason
Doesn't feel like that at all to me. My explanation is more likely, I think. I also think that he did more damage to Doflamingo with the three attacks in Gear 4th than he would have with just one King Kong Gun.
Old 2015-06-18, 17:54   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
Doesn't feel like that at all to me. My explanation is more likely, I think. I also think that he did more damage to Doflamingo with the three attacks in Gear 4th than he would have with just one King Kong Gun.
None of it makes sense to me. In the flashback, Rayleigh says he needs an alternative to Gear 4, but then Luffy uses Gear 4 anyway. As for how much damage was done when and where, it's impossible to know how much his first Gear 4 attacks did compared to this one. We just know that this one is overwhelming force so it stands to reason that it would have been more effective in the first place than using weaker attacks.
Old 2015-06-18, 18:13   Link #31
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
None of it makes sense to me. In the flashback, Rayleigh says he needs an alternative to Gear 4, but then Luffy uses Gear 4 anyway. As for how much damage was done when and where, it's impossible to know how much his first Gear 4 attacks did compared to this one. We just know that this one is overwhelming force so it stands to reason that it would have been more effective in the first place than using weaker attacks.
How would Luffy know whether 4th gear would be enough for Dof or not unless he tried? In a boxing match you don't just start throwing haymakers when the bell rings you gauge the strength of your opponent. Luffy could either throw his best attack at Doflamingo off the bat and potentially be out of commission for a day (I don't know the toll king kong gun takes on Luffy) or he could compete with Doflamingo equally in 4th gear, wear him down and take the risk of being unable to finish him and needing the 10 minute break. Knowing that he has an entire country on his side to cover his ass keeping Doflamingo occupied I think Luffy's decision not to use 1HKO from the clappers is the most reasonable option
Old 2015-06-18, 18:22   Link #32
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Exactly, solidguy, espeically since, like I said, it's very likely that his 1HKO would not have been a 1HKO if he had started the fight with it.
Old 2015-06-18, 18:49   Link #33
noktown

Quote:
Exactly, solidguy, espeically since, like I said, it's very likely that his 1HKO would not have been a 1HKO if he had started the fight with it.
Luffy claims that his King Kong Gun is his strongest attack, that's why we had a flashback to Rayleigh and stuff, instead of using Leo Bazooka in chapter 785, he should have just finished him off with his strongest attack, since there isn't time to play(because of the birdcage) and he must have known that he can't stay in gear fourth for long, and if he fails he would be Hakiless for 10 minutes, why take the risk of using weaker attack and risk dying and not just use your strongest attack right off the bat ? That attack did TONS of damage, even his strings were basically raped, he would have at the very least paralyzed Doflamingo with KKG, considering Doffy's condition after taking the weaker Leo Bazook.
Old 2015-06-18, 19:51   Link #34
rladls2121

Wait until Law hears Luffy declared war on Big Mom and how Luffy is going to destroy Fishman Island in the future foreshadowing.

What is going to happen to that Burgress I wonder?
Sabo might be targeted from the Blackbeard Pirates.

Unlike Smoker, Issho's revolt against his superiors might be effective about how pirates saved the country this time.
One of the difference is that there are lot of more witnesses.
I actually wished Smoker or Tashigi were involved in this case too, considering Ace's former power of the fruit.
Old 2015-06-18, 21:52   Link #35
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Think Oda would stay with the group we have an entire two arcs? You know, Zoro / Usopp / Robin / Franky? Wano I think is up next right? So.
This seems likely. After being out of focus for so long I imagine something will happen that will make the next arc mainly feature them.
Old 2015-06-18, 21:55   Link #36
Tenjo_Utena

Quote:
Wonder what happened to the rest of the Strawhats, place your bets on them being caught by Big Mom's crew, what do you guy's think? Yes, or no on this? Oh wait, is Wano up next or do you think will be entering Big Mom's arc, are we at all going to get a glimpse at what happened with Sanji's group?
I think it is likely that Wano and Big Mom will be the same storyline. I also think that Nami and the Strawhats that left Dressrosa will be doing perfectly fine, mostly because I believe Lola, who Nami made friends with in Thriller Bark is Big Mom's daughter.

What most interests me at this point is who will be accompanying Luffy to Wano? I think some of the pirates that fought at the coliseum will start following Luffy and crew around.
Old 2015-06-18, 22:04   Link #37
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

So after reading a better translation, I find myself liking the chapter a lot more. I thought there was something wrong with Luffy's final attack's name but I realized that the crappier translation translated his Kong Gun as King Kong Gun when it was first introduced and didn't register the difference when I first read it.

So Luffy used Gear 4 to break free from the Parasite (something VAs and WB captains couldn't do). He then flew to the to the sky, used Gear 3 (without saying anything) to enlarge his arm and finished off Doflamingo with a G3/G4 combination attack, King Kong Gun.

It was a great conclusion(?) to the fight. It reminded me of the conclusion to the Crocodile fight but with the positions reversed.

Last edited by OH&S; 2015-06-19 at 00:10. Reason: whoops
Old 2015-06-19, 02:34   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 790
That was a good chapter. Rayleigh is very educated with his Haki. He helped Luffy out with his King Kong Move. There are still a lot of explanations that are needed for the Luffy's Gear 4 and Zoro's haki use on the Sword. The affects of haki and its use are still a mystery and the more Luffy uses it the more questions there are then answers.

1 Hit KOs
I think he would have crushed Daflamingo in his first round of Gear 4 if he used G3. Second 1 hit KO are not just for the weakened fighter they can be for the ones who haven't taken any damage at all too. Third Luffy's Gear 4 enhances everything he does. So taking third gear which is your strongest attack in normal mode and applying it in your Gear 4 literally boosted the Gear 3 to a new level. Daflamingo used his most powerful defense combined with his powerful attack to destroy Luffy the Gear 4 went through both. The question comes down to why didn't he use it the first round? The results of the G4/G3 were devastating. His Gear 4 alone was enough to put a hurting on Daflmaingo and change the momentum of the battle. Did he think Gear 4 was enough to take Daflamingo down in that time? Is there another side affect for using two gears in one? I wonder if he will have the side affects of both G3/G4? He grew out of the G3 side affects but would they return in this stage? He is after all pushing his Haki to an extreme limit.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2015-06-19 at 02:36. Reason: correction
Old 2015-06-19, 02:35   Link #39
marvelB

In other news, the cover for volume 78 has finally been revealed:

^The volume's release date is July 3rd BTW, so we should be getting that juicy SBS info in a couple of weeks.
Old 2015-06-19, 05:56   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Knowing that he has an entire country on his side to cover his ass keeping Doflamingo occupied I think Luffy's decision not to use 1HKO from the clappers is the most reasonable option
if you think that Luffy was counting on other people saving him, then you do not understand his character in the slightest.
Closed Thread