AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-17, 09:59   Link #481
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I just left a message on James Randi's facebook page. I hope the message reaches him, and I hope he isn't upset about me using him as a character (although I believe the story is free publicity for him).

Wish me luck guys.
Old 2009-11-17, 10:30   Link #482
Tabasco

Done and done. I hope he agrees, having his input would have to be some kind of first.
Old 2009-11-22, 08:06   Link #483
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Took me awhile, but I did it.

*sigh*

I hate exams.

Anyway, mainly fluff. The story's a bit crummy, but yeah. ^^;

Main point is the fluff. XD
Old 2009-11-22, 13:18   Link #484
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
The fluff is why I love you
And the story.
Old 2009-11-24, 05:40   Link #485
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Glad you like it? XD
Old 2009-11-25, 13:03   Link #486
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I happen to have an idea that I'm tossing around in my head, and I wanted some feedback.

Title: The First Annual North High Beauty Pageat

Premise: What started off as a simple project for the Photography Club (A list of the top ten most beautiful girls in North High) soon snowballs into a full fledged completition over who is the most beautiful girl in the whole school. And all the members of the SOS Brigade (including Tsuruya) are competing.

I imagined Taniguchi having a really big role in the story, and I was going to have at least one OC playing the role of antagonist.

Tell me what you think. I actually think the whole thing has a lot of potential and is totally worth devoting some time to.

P.S. No, I'm not abandoning my current project. I'm 2/3rds done with the current chapter and should have it posted either later today or tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks guys!
Old 2009-11-25, 15:02   Link #487
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I happen to have an idea that I'm tossing around in my head, and I wanted some feedback.

Title: The First Annual North High Beauty Pageat

Premise: What started off as a simple project for the Photography Club (A list of the top ten most beautiful girls in North High) soon snowballs into a full fledged completition over who is the most beautiful girl in the whole school. And all the members of the SOS Brigade (including Tsuruya) are competing.

I imagined Taniguchi having a really big role in the story, and I was going to have at least one OC playing the role of antagonist.

Tell me what you think. I actually think the whole thing has a lot of potential and is totally worth devoting some time to.

P.S. No, I'm not abandoning my current project. I'm 2/3rds done with the current chapter and should have it posted either later today or tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks guys!
I'm think that it's a really good idea. It's simplistic, but it can really lead to some great comedy/drama/intelligent pondering. Especially with you at the helm. I'm a little curious with your OC situation too like, how you are a going to create him or her. I'd be willing to give you permission to mine, since he's kind of a villain, but I'll leave it up to you.
Old 2009-11-25, 21:30   Link #488
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

If I were to go through with this idea, the OC I would create would be a girl. She would be one of the girls competing in the pageant. I imagined her being one of those arrogant, spoiled brats. The idea is still in its infancy, but it's evolving in my head very rapidly.

In any case, I'm not going to touch the idea until "Meet the Suzumiyas" is done. It won't be nearly as long as that fic is either (creating another 200,000 word long fic would be exhausting). Thanks for the input!
Old 2009-11-25, 21:47   Link #489
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

That sounds like a really cool idea Jonbob. I'd read it.
Old 2009-11-25, 23:24   Link #490
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Nagato probably wouldn't be interested in it, and Mikuru would be too embarrassed to enter herself, so I'd assume that Haruhi would have to drag the two of 'em into it as some sort of bizarre publicity idea for the SOS Brigade.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-26, 04:45   Link #491
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Nagato probably wouldn't be interested in it, and Mikuru would be too embarrassed to enter herself, so I'd assume that Haruhi would have to drag the two of 'em into it as some sort of bizarre publicity idea for the SOS Brigade.
I imagined that Nagato would be uninterested at first, but get into it once she was in (or at least as much as she could). I actually imagined that Haruhi would be against the idea of it at first, stating that the idea was stupid and that the Brigade would not lower itself to such a level. Eventually she turns around due to a number of reasons and become just as competetive as she always is.

Anyway, the chapter is just about done and should be up in a couple hours. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Old 2009-11-26, 04:49   Link #492
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Awesome sauce. :3

Can't wait.
Old 2009-11-26, 06:52   Link #493
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

The latest chapter is now up! Hope you guys enjoy! Consider it a Thanksgiving Day present!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994973/..._the_Suzumiyas
Old 2009-11-26, 07:11   Link #494
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
I actually imagined that Haruhi would be against the idea of it at first, stating that the idea was stupid and that the Brigade would not lower itself to such a level.
She has dressed as a bunny girl to gain attention for the Brigade twice, with the second time being after most of the school already knew about them. And she even brought Mikuru in as a "mascot" due to the fact that she's attractive. I really don't think Haruhi is above using sex appeal to stir up interest.

If she's against the idea for any reason, it'd be because she didn't think of it herself.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-26, 18:45   Link #495
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
She has dressed as a bunny girl to gain attention for the Brigade twice, with the second time being after most of the school already knew about them. And she even brought Mikuru in as a "mascot" due to the fact that she's attractive. I really don't think Haruhi is above using sex appeal to stir up interest.

If she's against the idea for any reason, it'd be because she didn't think of it herself.
I imagined that her reason for not wanting to enter initially was that she was secretly afraid that she'd lose. She would never admit that, though.
Old 2009-11-26, 19:11   Link #496
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol I managed to look at it again and now Kyon's an idiot to the tenth power XD (even if Naru is at fault)
Old 2009-11-26, 20:30   Link #497
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Don't worry. He'll figure it out...maybe... XD

Of course I couldn't resist having Naru screw things up. She's so hapless!
Old 2009-11-26, 23:00   Link #498
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He can start by saying the 4 word trump card and the three identities

Last edited by bhl88; 2009-11-27 at 01:52.
Old 2009-11-26, 23:48   Link #499
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
I imagined that her reason for not wanting to enter initially was that she was secretly afraid that she'd lose. She would never admit that, though.
That's a good point. I do think though for your OC....don't make her a complete snobby, rich, annoying girl. And by that I mean, don't make her so one dimensional that Haruhi would cast her into oblivion without batting a lash. XD

Quote:
Don't worry. He'll figure it out...maybe... XD

Of course I couldn't resist having Naru screw things up. She's so hapless!
Well, I do have to make a counterpoint about that chapter. I love it like usual and will give a review sometime, but I do want to say something that I think you should focus on a little in your story.

I believe that you are putting a bit too much of the blame on Kyon. While Kyon is somewhat to blame, EVERYONE here has blame on Haruhi's situation. Especially Koizumi and Haruhi's Parents. I don't really expect him to completely rage and tell people off, but I do think you need to address how this situation is just plain not fair for Kyon. Haruhi chose him.

There's no reason for him to go oblivious and emotionally torn through the whole story, I just think he needs something to vent towards because that teapot is whistling away....
Old 2009-11-27, 23:01   Link #500
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As for the beauty pageant story, one way to get Haruhi's participation is if Kyon somehow became involved with its production... perhaps as one of the judges...
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction