AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 15:38   Link #1
Grey-Wolf

Black Cat

Due to the misfortunate forum data loss, the old Black Cat thread got lost. I guess we have to start it all over again, but let's be grateful that the forum is up and running.

Small summary (taken from Anime news network)
A group of assasins are controled by Chronos. They all have a number on their neck. But number 13 which is Black Cat has the characteristics of a cat, because a witch cursed him. He is supposed to kill people but he also hates the thought of killing people.
The world is secretly controlled by a secret organizition, Chronos. Under the command of this mysterious organization, are the Chronos Numbers, a group of powerful assasins, taking orders to eliminate certain target secretly to keep the so-called 'peace'. One of the most powerful is the Number XIII, Train Hartnett, or known as Black Cat. At first he seems to be a cruel killer, a meeting with a girl Sweeper changed him completely. Now as a Sweeper, Train travelled with his partner Sven Volfied to hunt down criminals.

We're now awaiting episode eleven in the series, hopefully it is as good as the tenth episode was.
Grey-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:52   Link #2
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey-Wolf
We're now awaiting episode eleven in the series, hopefully it is as good as the tenth episode was.
Indeed, episode 10 was very very good. Lots of great action, and upset Train is scary.

Last edited by Radiosity; 2005-12-18 at 17:06.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:00   Link #3
Ilpalazzo-sama

(I know, kinda offtopic, but this thread used to be in Licensed, now back to Fansubs, and just curious)

Now, what is the status of the license of the series? There were no "Black Cat" at all in the mail to Shinsen-subs, and AnimeNewsNetwork has not mentioned Black Cat at all.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:02   Link #4
ThePuff

Black Cat is looking great so far. I think someone answered this on the old thread but I don't seem to recall anymore: any ideas how long this series is going to be? AnimeNfo doesn't say and from the looks of things it seems that it's going to go for quite a while.
ThePuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:10   Link #5
Grey-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
(I know, kinda offtopic, but this thread used to be in Licensed, now back to Fansubs, and just curious)

Now, what is the status of the license of the series? There were no "Black Cat" at all in the mail to Shinsen-subs, and AnimeNewsNetwork has not mentioned Black Cat at all.
All I know is the answer a fansub group gave on their forum:
Quote:
The official status of Black Cat's licensing has not been confirmed or denied by reputable sources, so until we hear otherwise from FUNimation or Gonzo themselves (whether through C&D letters aimed toward us or through official press conferences and announcements from the companies themselves), we will not conclude that the series has been licensed. We will fully announce the status of the project when we find out more information ourselves. As of this point in time, we have not received any notices either from Gonzo or FUNimation. All the information circulating around the internet are rumors until otherwise officially confirmed.
Thus I concluded that Black Cat is not licensed, till we hear otherwise from Gonzo or FUNimation.

But please, let's not turn this thread into a licensed or not-discussion, let's just discuss the series, because that is what it is all about after all.
Grey-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:13   Link #6
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Oyasumi-subs rock. Their work on PPD is the best, and black cat too. I'm glad they're continuing with Black Cat, the loss of such a good series would be a bad thing indeed (we need Train and Sven's antics, and the world would be a good percentage less cute without Eve).
Old 2005-12-18, 16:21   Link #7
Ilpalazzo-sama

I forgot an interesting bits about licensing, from here (bottom of the page):

"Two sites are known to have received C&Ds. Shinsen don't sun Black Cat so it was not mentioned on the letter sent to them, the other (unamed) site evidently did have Black Cat torrents."

a reply from the top of page 2:

"The fansub group that received the C&D about Black Cat does not sub any licensed anime and would have dropped Black Cat in an instant if they has merely heard it was licensed. The tracker they were on (which also got a C&D) does not have any licensed anime either.
That makes it rather different from the situation with Shinsen.
If you want to figure out which group they are, perhaps you should look at all the groups subbing Black Cat and see which one has just dropped it. I can't tell you because the information is being kept secret for some reason and I wouldn't want to gossip about my friends."

Now, the fansub group they are talking about Anime-Keep & AnimeHeaven (I know cause when i first saw the post, i went to A-K's homepage and there were an annoucement that BC has been dropped). Now, I went to A-K's homepage again, and the annoucement is gone, and Black Cat is listed as "Active" again.

Huh???
Old 2005-12-18, 16:56   Link #8
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Probably just being cautious until there was something a bit more substantial than a rumour. Nothing else seems to have come from all this though so it seems safe to start subbing it again.
Old 2005-12-18, 16:57   Link #9
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Probably just being cautious until there was something a bit more substantial than a rumour. Nothing else seems to have come from all this though so it seems safe to start subbing it again.
It is still weird that after more than a week (or two?), still no offical annoucement or anything from FUNimation.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:44   Link #10
mit7059

Is it just me or has Train become significantly less bad-ass since the begining of the series? I mean i like the comedy but Train was like the ultimate bad ass at the beginning of the series but now hes sold his awsome black trenchcoat and is walking around in that weirdass shirt with the circles, now that train is angry again i hope the trenchcoat comes back.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:54   Link #11
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

That's what Train is supposed to be like, so I somehow doubt the black will be coming back.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:41   Link #12
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Focus more on Black Cat and less on the FUNi rumours. Train has his attitude changed and overall, im surprised how much Saya turned him into something of a much less threat.

She tamed the cat.
________
BUY VAPORIZER

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:26.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:49   Link #13
acidflower

._. I wish a miracle would happen and just.....revive saya. Btw, is there black cat manga? If so, can a person who has read the manga pm me/put it in spoiler tags if Saya comes back/makes any appearance again?
acidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:59   Link #14
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Saya turned him into something of a much less threat.
Not really. Train was already pretty unhappy with how things were, Saya was simply the catalyst he needed to start doing something about it. She didn't 'tame' the cat, the merely reminded him of how a cat should act

There is a manga, yes, but as far as I know the story diverges pretty heavily between the anime and manga, so it wouldn't be that accurate anyway.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:59   Link #15
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Bad news guys, episode 12 will air on 12th January 2006!!! What the heck!? Why!?
Old 2005-12-18, 22:00   Link #16
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

To keep us in suspense. Same thing happening with Mai Otome 13, and the last episode of Shuffle! as well.
Old 2005-12-19, 01:29   Link #17
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

WEll that would make alot of sense. Meh, Im still surprised that this thread is in the fansub section.
________
Glass pipe pictures

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:26.
Old 2005-12-19, 04:47   Link #18
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Don't sweat it!

It is nice to see Train moody again, if only for a little while.

Last edited by orion; 2005-12-19 at 06:15.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 05:03   Link #19
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Ha, that may be the last you see of fansub groups doing Black Cat.

Ahem. FUNimation will have conventions during these times:

1/6/2006 - 1/8/2006 Ohayocon Columbus, OH
2/17/2006 - 2/19/2006 Katsucon Washington, DC
2/24/2006 - 2/26/2006 Megacon Orlando, FL
1/27/2006 - 1/29/2006 Ushicon Austin, TX
2/25/2006 - 2/26/2006 ComicCon NY NY

So we will find out if Black Cat is truly licensed on those dates when FUNi will announce something at least.
________
Herbalaire

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:29.
Old 2005-12-19, 05:04   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Bad news guys, episode 12 will air on 12th January 2006!!! What the heck!? Why!?
WTF?!?! FOUR F**KIN' WEEKS UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
adventure, shounen