AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 09:13   Link #1141
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I swear this series really leaves you wanting more with the way the chapters always feel like it ends too abruptly. It never feels like a smooth transition.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 09:26   Link #1142
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I swear this series really leaves you wanting more with the way the chapters always feel like it ends too abruptly. It never feels like a smooth transition.
TBF that only really started in the recent set for of chapters for NW. It was common in the original but in NW a bit after the begining it had bleach level of pacing (short chapters with nothing happening and no real cliff hangers).
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 09:32   Link #1143
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF that only really started in the recent set for of chapters for NW. It was common in the original but in NW a bit after the begining it had bleach level of pacing (short chapters with nothing happening and no real cliff hangers).
Well yeah, its because with "the new wave" it became a weekly series, and from my understanding the author doesn't have any experience doing work at such a high pace schedule. It could attribute how the transitions and events can feel so disjointed.
Old 2011-06-17, 09:36   Link #1144
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Yes, i agree,the story is probably a bit slow
Old 2011-06-17, 10:49   Link #1145
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Agreed 100%. He should look at One Piece for that. Leaves you with just enough to feel satisfied with this week, but enough to look forward to next week.
Old 2011-06-17, 15:53   Link #1146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Anyone thought "Shioon's wrong. His "way to prove he is right" shouldn't by actually fighting with his fist. It should be by seducing that girl into his growing harem."?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 17:42   Link #1147
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Anyone thought "Shioon's wrong. His "way to prove he is right" shouldn't by actually fighting with his fist. It should be by seducing that girl into his growing harem."?
Outside of getting laid it wouldn't really help. There's like 4 other generals of which likely a good proportion are of guys. He's not going to pimp himself out to the men.... I wouldn't expect many to accept him even if he did. Unless they were all gay.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:08   Link #1148
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The population is too different. Its not Hidan no Aria were almost every enemy and ally is a woman.

Here we see so much more men than women that pimping simply would not work at all.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:47   Link #1149
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

But its easy, all the girls go to his harem, all the guys get beaten up or turn gay for him and everyone's happy (at least Shioon )
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 21:42   Link #1150
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riltz View Post
But its easy, all the girls go to his harem, all the guys get beaten up or turn gay for him and everyone's happy (at least Shioon )
I'm not sure if Shioon would be happy guys turned gay for him... Maybe he would, or maybe he wouldn't....
Old 2011-06-18, 02:22   Link #1151
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Outside of getting laid it wouldn't really help. There's like 4 other generals of which likely a good proportion are of guys. He's not going to pimp himself out to the men.... I wouldn't expect many to accept him even if he did. Unless they were all gay.
Eh... Worked for Hyuk So Chun... And that bearded guy... And the doctor...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 01:22   Link #1152
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.35 from DAUM:

Look who's back...
Old 2011-06-24, 01:38   Link #1153
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.35 from DAUM:

Look who's back...
Spoiler for 35:
Old 2011-06-24, 04:57   Link #1154
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 35:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 06:02   Link #1155
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yay, more of Shioon getting his ass kicked followed by him wallowing in misery at not being able to do anything. That's what, 3 or 4 times now since the reboot? Teenage angst ftl.
Old 2011-06-24, 06:16   Link #1156
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yay, more of Shioon getting his ass kicked followed by him wallowing in misery at not being able to do anything. That's what, 3 or 4 times now since the reboot? Teenage angst ftl.
I would not say it was completely bad. But yeah he certainly didnt shine in their either.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 06:31   Link #1157
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I would not say it was completely bad. But yeah he certainly didnt shine in their either.
No, it was nice when he kept fighting back even though he was outmatched, but still... scary eyes don't do much when it's followed by self-pity. Right now, I'm just hoping the author has finished establishing all the high-powered players and now focuses on Shioon's growth instead of introducing even more people he doesn't have a prayer of beating.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:28   Link #1158
Shadow5YA

We're still missing Sosul, who we know followed the Nine-Arts Dragon.

Poor guy... looks like he's still bitter about everything the alliance has done. I don't blame him though. They did a good job of making every Murim organization look like douchebags.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:08   Link #1159
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for 35:
I don't think there ever was any doubt on that, really.

S.U.C cannot possibly any less a 'public relations' project of Black Forest Defense, which... Goomoonryong's part of. And despite Shioon's claims otherwise... Shioon doesn't really know the depth of the revenge-driven hate that his master has fallen to, even back in the first series. And it's obviously only gotten much much worse since.

The only real question was how 'on-hands' BFD was with S.U.C. Was it a 'off-hand' project with little strings attached, or a full-blown project under them? Now we know it's the latter, most likely.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:49   Link #1160
Xion Valkyrie

Not being vulnerable to pressure point attacks is actually a pretty big advantange. Since he normally fights like a zombie, 'brute-force' attacks wouldn't really work that well on him. Normally that means 'soft' type attacks like the pressure points would be effective, but he's immune to that too.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves