AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 00:28   Link #1661
Aaron008R

Aha! You're a lifesaver! XD
I was just about to dig through the thread to make links for the sequence reviews. Thanks for doing it ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Is it possible for someone to give me a summary of all the plot lines and characters who appear in GoD? I'm trying to wrap my head around U-D, and that's before I consider the time travellers.

Doing fact checks for my fic basically.
Don't jump the gun until I finish Sequence 11, mate. There are still some juicy details to be consumed before you go about with you mad planning.

Just give me till the end of the day, and I'll get Sequence 11 up. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I made this image to explain things.

I hope it helps

It's always better to have a graphic presentation for easier understanding.
Mind if I quote this in Sequence 11 or with the general info post I'm going to be making later? :3

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:37   Link #1662
Sunder the Gold

Aaron, did Stern threaten Nanoha's life?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:44   Link #1663
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
No, Stern didn't. Stern basically challenges Nanoha to another fight to test out her new magic. They fight it out, Nanoha wins. Stern realizes her skills with her new magic are not up to par yet and basically will train to get to that and challenge Nanoha again.

Out of all the Material/Ace pairs. Nanoha and Stern get along the best. Fate and Levi require sweets to bribe Levi with. And Hayate and Dearche are like typical sisters where one is really nice and the other can be considered like a tsundere.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:52   Link #1664
rxrx

Quote:
Fate and Levi require sweets to bribe Levi with.
This despends. This is true if it is the aftermath of Fate Vs Levi, but if you use Arf, it would be that Arf vented her fustrations and anger at seeing Fate breaking down after defeating the Dark Peice of Lynith and Percia. She made Levi cry as the latter claimed that it is not her fault that the dark pieces took that form and went berserk. The sweet was used to pacify her by Fate.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:55   Link #1665
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
This despends. This is true if it is the aftermath of Fate Vs Levi, but if you use Arf, it would be that Arf vented her fustrations and anger at seeing Fate breaking down after defeating the Dark Peice of Lynith and Percia. She made Levi cry as the latter claimed that it is not her fault that the dark pieces took that form and went berserk. The sweet was used to pacify her by Fate.
Yep that too. Overall sweets will pacify or bribe Levi depending. But mostly it'll be sweets, tasty foods, adventure and fighting strong people or creatures that'll keep Levi from getting bored XD.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:00   Link #1666
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
No, Stern didn't.
So why say she was going to kill Yuuno? You would think she'd have more desire to kill her "original."

Was it only a bluff, calculated to make him fight harder?

Quote:
Stern basically challenges Nanoha to another fight to test out her new magic. They fight it out, Nanoha wins. Stern realizes her skills with her new magic are not up to par yet and basically will train to get to that and challenge Nanoha again.
They fought in the last game, though, so when Stern later refers to a "rematch" with Nanoha, she might be referring to Battle of Aces rather than this fight, right?

That is, after being defeated by Yuuno, Stern and Nanoha promise to have a rematch?

Quote:
Out of all the Material/Ace pairs. Nanoha and Stern get along the best. Fate and Levi require sweets to bribe Levi with. And Hayate and Dearche are like typical sisters where one is really nice and the other can be considered like a tsundere.
"Tsundere" implies that Dearche secretly likes Hayate. It seems to me like Dearche honestly doesn't like her, but more because of Dearche's own immaturity rather than any solid reason.

That is, Dearche doesn't need to forgive Hayate of any real or percieved wrong-doing, so much as accept Hayate's differences as not-so-bad. But right now, she doesn't seem to respect anything about the Lady of the Night Sky.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:02   Link #1667
rxrx

Quote:
So why say she was going to kill Yuuno?
Never happened. Where did you see this?

Quote:
It seems to me like Dearche honestly doesn't like her, but more because of Dearche's own immaturity rather than any solid reason.
Kind of hard to like someone who killed you off no? Besides, Diarche really dislike Hayate's suggestion of helping them find a place with TSAB aid as it reminds Diarche of being trapped in the book.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:08   Link #1668
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
So why say she was going to kill Yuuno? You would think she'd have more desire to kill her "original."

They fought in the last game, though, so when Stern later refers to a "rematch" with Nanoha, she might be referring to Battle of Aces rather than this fight, right?

That is, after being defeated by Yuuno, Stern and Nanoha promise to have a rematch?

"Tsundere" implies that Dearche secretly likes Hayate. It seems to me like Dearche honestly doesn't like her, but more because of Dearche's own immaturity rather than any solid reason.
During the Battle of Aces, Stern's desire to find out who is stronger is usually her way of finding out her limits. Nanoha vastly surpasses her in strength, which continues her desire to find out who is stronger in these matches.

When Stern challenges Yuuno, she has the mentality that believes that all matches are like duels, which has the possiblity of death, which Yuuno kinda takes it the wrong way as a threat on his life. Stern is also under the impression that Yuuno is stronger than Nanoha because he is her teacher of magic. Thus why she was interested in challenging him in the first place. In a sense, she tried to fight him by somewhat of a bluff. Which makes Stern's taunting skills very scary indeed. Stern and Nanoha make a promise nonetheless to have a rematch to see who is stronger just to kind of have that friendly rival thing going.

You have to remember, the main point of this game is that none of the Materials or U-D want to kill anyone or destroy anything.

Mind you when I used Tsundere, that's the closest definition I can get because there's no real term for Dearche, she's LIKE a Tsundere but I didn't mean she is one herself as she doesn't display certain affections.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:13   Link #1669
Aaron008R

Quote:
Hayate22 already answered. Nope.

Quote:
Out of all the Material/Ace pairs. Nanoha and Stern get along the best.
No question here.

Quote:
Fate and Levi require sweets to bribe Levi with.
I don't really think so. Fate and Levi get along just fine even without the sweets. They're just more like relatives who only met each other recently compared to NanohaxStern's very (VERY) friendly rivalry. So they're just not close enough yet.

Quote:
And Hayate and Dearche are like typical sisters where one is really nice and the other can be considered like a tsundere.
Tsundere only without the dere part...

Quote:
She never actually used the term 'korosu,' which means to kill. Just think of her usage of the term walking over his corpse as a figure of speech for 'beating the master of my rival.' She never made any overt murderous comments but Yuuno understandably assumed the worst.

Quote:
I doubt it. Stern's honest and very blunt. And admit it, it's very easy to assume she'll roast you to a crisp even if she just says she'll beat you in a sparring match.

Quote:
The rematch already happens when Nanoha first fights Stern in this game. But of course, Stern AND Nanoha want more matches in the future and promised each other this.

Quote:
If it was with Yuuno, then yeah. That means the first rematch between Nanoha and Stern never happens.

Quote:

That is, Dearche doesn't need to forgive Hayate of any real or percieved wrong-doing, so much as accept Hayate's differences as not-so-bad. But right now, she doesn't seem to respect anything about the Lady of the Night Sky.
Oh, I wouldn't say that Dearche holds any shred of affection for Hayate, no. But her impression of our beloved Mistress of the Night Sky at least improves from absolute disgust to just a general (okay, maybe a little bit more) dislike. :3

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-08, 01:16   Link #1670
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh, I wouldn't say that Dearche holds any shred of affection for Hayate, no. But her impression of our beloved Mistress of the Night Sky at least improves from absolute disgust to just a general (okay, maybe a little bit more) dislike. :3
I laugh at this XD. Would be hilarious if for some damn reason Dearche turned Tsundere, though be kinda scary too...@_@;
Old 2012-01-08, 01:20   Link #1671
rxrx

Diarche is Tsundere, to her retainers and Yuri in general though.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:24   Link #1672
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
She never actually used the term 'korosu,' which means to kill. Just think of her usage of the term walking over his corpse as a figure of speech for 'beating the master of my rival.' She never made any overt murderous comments but Yuuno understandably assumed the worst.
It's still harsher than anything you've relayed about what she says to Nanoha, to whom she could have easily said, "I will step over your body".

Yuuno definitely felt threatened enough to fear for his life, though he channeled that fear into defensive anger.

Quote:
I doubt it. Stern's honest and very blunt.
You can't imagine her pointing in one direction and telling Rai that there's candy over there, to get to leave when necessary?

Quote:
And admit it, it's very easy to assume she'll roast you to a crisp even if she just says she'll beat you in a sparring match.
Less so if you don't expect her to use fire with her attacks.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:27   Link #1673
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Since when does a Tsundere honestly and openly praise the object of her conflicted affection?

No, wait. "Tsundere" is not actually a personality that depends on having a conflicted affection. It describes a personality rather than a relationship.

So yes, Dearche could be seen as a Tsundere, but one whom doesn't have conflicted feelings for anyone at present.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:27   Link #1674
rxrx

To Sunder: The way Stern said that line is actually a form of respect she has for Yunno. Like Hayate22 said, she believes that he is superior to Nanoha being her mentor and since she acknowledge that she is made from base of Nanoha, he would be her mentor as well. In some martial arts movie, killing your mentor is s form of test to show that the student is better than the mentor so it is applied in the same concept here.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:30   Link #1675
Aaron008R

Quote:
I laugh at this XD. Would be hilarious if for some damn reason Dearche turned Tsundere, though be kinda scary too...@_@;
Hmm...

*imagines teenage/adult Dearche pulling a Tohsaka Rin deredere act*

@________________________@

Quote:

Quote:
It's still harsher than anything you've relayed about what she says to Nanoha, to whom she could have easily said, "I will step over your body".

Yuuno definitely felt threatened enough to fear for his life, though he channeled that fear into defensive anger.
*points to rxrx's answer above*

Quote:
You can't imagine her pointing in one direction and telling Rai that there's candy over there, to get to leave when necessary?
Yes, I can. But that's as a practical joke. Battles, or duels for Stern is serious business so she would approach it honorably.

Quote:
Less so if you don't expect her to use fire with her attacks.
No such luck, then.

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-08, 01:32   Link #1676
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
To Sunder: The way Stern said that line is actually a form of respect she has for Yunno. Like Hayate22 said, she believes that he is superior to Nanoha being her mentor and since she acknowledge that she is made from base of Nanoha, he would be her mentor as well. In some martial arts movie, killing your mentor is s form of test to show that the student is better than the mentor so it is applied in the same concept here.
Yes, that's the mentality during that conversation that Stern has with Yuuno. Thus also why at the end of Yuuno VS Stern fight. Stern immediately refers to Yuuno as being her mentor as well.

@Sunder the Gold
You are questioning two translators of this game. Aaron008R who is doing the overall summary, and I who is translating anything that people are curious about in the conversations when requested. He and I know this game better than most people.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:36   Link #1677
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Dearche is already tsundere one way or the other towards her... uhm "retainers". Now if she became Tsundere to Hayate... prepare for RAGNAROK

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 01:38   Link #1678
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Dearche is already tsundere one way or the other towards her... uhm "retainers". Now if she became Tsundere to Hayate... prepare for RAGNAROK
The implications of THAT alone. Quick, we must find fanpics of this possibility!!!
Old 2012-01-08, 01:40   Link #1679
rxrx

Well, one thing I'm disappointed is that the four from the future did not interact much with the crew or with each other. I know it is against the laws used for time travel in the game, bt it really is a shame. The dynamics Vivio and Touma have makes me feel that they are like a pair of siblings and Lily is the girlfriend of said brother whom got shocked that she got forgotten.

I have to say that in the game, the male casts are treated quite well. Zaffy and Chrono and both very manly when you use them in the story and Yunno also gets to shine. At least Touma shows that he can be serious and fights well during Sequence 11 when you use him.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:43   Link #1680
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

It's a curse of this series. Whenever cast members aren't main characters in the game. They somehow get shafted in one way or another. I wanted to see more of the Nanoha and Vivio interactions besides having the friendly bit at the end with the Vita tsukkomi.