AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 02:19   Link #1681
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
To Sunder: The way Stern said that line is actually a form of respect she has for Yunno. Like Hayate22 said, she believes that he is superior to Nanoha being her mentor and since she acknowledge that she is made from base of Nanoha, he would be her mentor as well. In some martial arts movie, killing your mentor is s form of test to show that the student is better than the mentor so it is applied in the same concept here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
Yes, that's the mentality during that conversation that Stern has with Yuuno. Thus also why at the end of Yuuno VS Stern fight. Stern immediately refers to Yuuno as being her mentor as well.
Ah, I see.

Quote:
@Sunder the Gold
You are questioning two translators of this game. Aaron008R who is doing the overall summary, and I who is translating anything that people are curious about in the conversations when requested. He and I know this game better than most people.
I am meaning to literally "question", but I may be doing it rudely. If so, I apologize.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 02:29   Link #1682
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
It's not your fault. Wording and this being internet forum does not convey everything correctly as we want it to ><
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 03:06   Link #1683
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

I REGRET NOTHING

Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 03:21   Link #1684
rxrx

Try Zaffy's swim wear and fight against any of the ladies. For effect, do it with Vivio. I know I regretted it.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:06   Link #1685
Sunder the Gold

Yuuno's moves become a lot clearer to see without his cape in the way.

Also, you actually used Chain Bind to catch Vita after she was blast back, preventing her from flying as far away. Twice.

I imagine that trick can be used to quickly initiate another combo.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:17   Link #1686
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Yuuno's moves become a lot clearer to see without his cape in the way.
But, but the cape it's badass /missing point quite clearly

Quote:
Also, you actually used Chain Bind to catch Vita after she was blast back, preventing her from flying as far away. Twice.

I imagine that trick can be used to quickly initiate another combo.
Probably, except that she is far away for me to catch up. Hmm... maybe if I used Accel to the front...
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:51   Link #1687
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Someone remebers Dearche's material position?

IIRC Levi is the Material of Power and Stern the Material of Wisdom.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:59   Link #1688
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
g.
Mind if I quote this in Sequence 11 or with the general info post I'm going to be making later? :3
Go ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Someone remebers Dearche's material position?

IIRC Levi is the Material of Power and Stern the Material of Wisdom.

Dearche is "Lordship"
but I think that's just Dearche's way of saying "Massive Ego"

Honestly, Yuri makes Dearche rather redundant, since she is the Sovereign who has power over the King

But that's probably because 7Arcs didn't have the idea for Yuri during BoA
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:42   Link #1689
Aaron008R

For this one, I spent the entire day playing, listening and watching vids for the dialogue. Seesh, if only I earned money from doing this.XD

Just kidding.

Anyway, to make good on a previous promise, I'm including the FDB Special Dialogues for all the characters that have them with U-D. But as an added bonus, I've also added the full pre-fight dialogue for all of the characters I posted!

Enjoy! This is the final battle!!! >:3

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 11: Part 1

Spoiler for Sequence 11: Part 1:

I'm barely keeping my eyes open right now... So please wait until tomorrow for the latter part of Sequence 11 and Sequence X...

Note: I cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of these dialogues since my command of the Japanese language is still pretty elementary. If there are corrections, please inform me.

EDIT: Part 2.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-09 at 08:32.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:23   Link #1690
rxrx

Wow, you've already done almost everything. the only thing that I can add is on Touma's part. The translation for the last line sounds better when translated as 'Let this reset everything back to zero' non? Also, Amita calls herself the eldest daughter of the Florian family, not super. The super and elder sounds quite alike but in this context, the latter is used. Hope you don't mind as I sound like a complainer.

Anyway, great job and thanks for the translation. I've had problem beating U-D with Chrono.
Old 2012-01-08, 09:32   Link #1691
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So... Yuri was human at one point...

AWESOME!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:37   Link #1692
Aaron008R

@rxrx: Ahh! I was always confused about that part!
You're right. Choujo means eldest daughter. I'll correct that now. :3
And yeess... Reset sounds nice. :3

Thanks!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 09:47   Link #1693
rxrx

No problem. I know I have said this before, but I will say it again. This game is Wild Arms Lyrical Materials. Heck, other than having rediculous specs, Nanoha has the smallest role and focus in the game. Even Fate and Hayate have more involvement and focus than she has and the game is called 'Lyrical Nanoha'.

The materials are great characters with their own unique personality that is very different from their original. Yuri's case shows us how the event in Force where Touma went berserk will go if we have a girl in his place instead and it was done well. The guy even acts like a man if you pick him to fight U-D as he is convincing her via having the same experience and if you do not know, you might as well as think of him as a main character. Sad that this is the only time in the game where he shines and not act like a victim of PTSD.
Old 2012-01-08, 10:17   Link #1694
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Never played the PSP games but I really, really like Dearche from what I've been reading. She seems like Gilgamesh as a little girl.
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 10:43   Link #1695
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Never played the PSP games but I really, really like Dearche from what I've been reading. She seems like Gilgamesh as a little girl.
Giglamesh as a magical girl you mean with no random Gate of Babylon nor wears everything gold.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:09   Link #1696
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Honestly, Yuri makes Dearche rather redundant, since she is the Sovereign who has power over the King

But that's probably because 7Arcs didn't have the idea for Yuri during BoA
Of course.

Just like how UD makes Levi redundant, because UD is clearly more powerful.

UD also makes the Book of Darkness' Defense Program redundant. Certainly, she makes it look downright TAME.

She also makes Reinforce redundant, because we already HAD a "Woobie, Destroyer Of Worlds" associated with the book. Having TWO is just ridiculous.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2012-01-08 at 12:51.
Old 2012-01-08, 12:16   Link #1697
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
UD doesn't make any of them redundant, really...

Yuri was human before being turned into a device of some sort, that device, that ring as in the image, was created with Material-S, L and D in it, probably to control UD as full power of the program was too much for one being to handle.

It was later bonded with the Tome of the Night Sky, which had Reinforce as its control point and Reinforce was meant to hold back Program UD.

If the Wolkenritter were always programs, then they were further meant to hold back Program UD.

So, when Reinforce and the Darkness were split, Program UD was free to start up again... First by releasing the Materials and Dark Pieces, however, it still wasn't fully started up until Kyrie and the Materials managed to fully start it up properly.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:54   Link #1698
Sunder the Gold

Was UD aware of things happening around the Book of Darkness despite being sealed?

Klaus Ingvalt and Olivie Segbrecht were born WAAAAY after the Book of Darkness was created, let alone the Unbreakable Darkness.

Though, if the Book had run across those two old kings, that means the Wolkenritter probably met Vivio and Einhart's predecessors personally. Perhaps even exchanged blows with them.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:49   Link #1699
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering how famous their ancestors were, they didn't need to personally meet them to know about them. Though yes, it does mean that UD was aware of things happening around her.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:16   Link #1700
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

AWESOME JOB Aaron! xD this is almost over and the fact the U-D was human is a big shock(as proves that Humans can, in fact being turned into matgical beings which help to raise tons of theories about various characters). Dearche and Amitie stole the show but the also do an amazing job at it xD.

Of oall the dialogues posted, Tohma was ironically the most interesting to me, he and Lily apparently manage to hit a nerve when they talked to Yuri.

Have a good rest, you deserve it man xD!

I'll wait patiently for the time when you want to post the dialogues of the Wolkenritter with U-D xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote