AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 12 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 22.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-06, 18:18   Link #61
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for I see what you're going with:
Old 2012-05-06, 19:35   Link #62
miketyson

On a rewatch it seems:
Spoiler for Deals:
Old 2012-05-06, 20:34   Link #63
HimeaSaito

Does Mykage know that Mikono went to find Fudo and try to let Kagura go after her??? If Mikono is able to change Kagura and let him be free from Mykage's control then he would be ally for Neo-Deava.
He pretty strong element user and able to turn Mix back into a girl (...too bad she got brainwashed). Probably Mikono will probably love Kagura even more then.... well maybe not since there might be a death flag for Kagura sooner or later.....
Old 2012-05-06, 21:35   Link #64
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Does Mykage know that Mikono went to find Fudo and try to let Kagura go after her??? If Mikono is able to change Kagura and let him be free from Mykage's control then he would be ally for Neo-Deava.
He pretty strong element user and able to turn Mix back into a girl (...too bad she got brainwashed). Probably Mikono will probably love Kagura even more then.... well maybe not since there might be a death flag for Kagura sooner or later.....
I think Mykage knows where Mikono is headed. It's not like his feathers would appear by her ship for no reason. And then he says it's now "Kagura's turn".. .. Run while you can Mikono..

Oh yeah, his reversal abilities... That's a good idea..

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-05-06 at 21:49.
Old 2012-05-06, 21:48   Link #65
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

I'm just going to ignore the whole picture in the glass scene because mykage poping out after that has troll written all over it. This might as well be Touma convincing silvie in the OVA that she was Scrop. Everything Mykage does has got "planned in advanced" feeling to it.

As for the earlier posts I really doubt mikono and kagura with fudo will unlock (or find) the Legendary Aquarion. I could see Alicia finding it before they do... after the reunion with amata of course =) and shortly after that Izumo doing something stupid.

Just for kagura to magically have something to do with Aquarion (or legendary aquarion) only does not seem relevant but not even needed. If anyone knows anything about where the Legendary Aquarion is, it will be Amata. Amata is the key to anything having to do with Aquarion.

I like the whole Kagura is a girl theory because that would mean he's a girl which = him loving mikono = Lesbian = Amata with three girls possibly ( >.< ) (mikonoxzessicaxKagura)... And if kagura is a twin of Amata that means he would have to be fraternal twin cause they look nothing alike lol... but somehow I don't see this being true but a nice fantasy.

I've been thinking since episode 2 if we buy the whole (amata/Kagura) both apollo then it would only make sense that they were related in some way. And later in episode 6ish when he said he couldn't smell him, all reasons to think there related. Same as Sirus and Silvie (brother and sister sharing one wing). But myakge's refrence to seed being droped years ago instead of "seeds" makes me inclined to think otherwise. Also Izumo doesn't treat Kagura like a son.

also wtf was with the trail of feathers flying by mikono on the boat? that better had not been Kagura and that was just Mykage unlocking the portal but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Maximillionus; 2012-05-06 at 21:58.
Old 2012-05-06, 21:52   Link #66
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
doesn't the guy in the cracked mirror look more like amata with red hair than than kagura now?
I agree. When I first saw this I was like wait a sec aside from the guy being tanned and have more reddish hair it falls and his expression and the way his face is drawn side ways looks like Amata...
Old 2012-05-06, 22:10   Link #67
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I'm calling it now

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-06, 22:36   Link #68
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I'm calling it now

Spoiler:
THIS!!!
You sir, have gave me a hope!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2012-05-06, 23:32   Link #69
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

well sorry for all you KaguraxMikono fans it looks like the all knowing shushu cat thing says that he be jelly of amata and mikono.
Old 2012-05-07, 00:10   Link #70
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I'm calling it now

Spoiler:
It may actually be that Mix's transformation was CAUSED by Kagura's reverse on Mikage's orders. Mix wasn't the girl Mikage wanted and he ordered Kagura to sabotage it so that they would have an excuse to keep attacking to get the one that they do want. Perhaps the only way to fix it in this case is to either force Kagura to fix it himself (unless Mikono asks him, this a far shot) or killing Kagura.

Then again this could just be a troll and this Mix is actually a separate version that was originally from Altair and the Vega Mix is locked up somewhere.
Old 2012-05-07, 00:30   Link #71
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think females in Altair will changed into male, that's why Yunoa and Zessica feel weird when they arrived at the planet...
Old 2012-05-07, 00:31   Link #72
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think females in Altair will changed into male, that's why Yunoa and Zessica feel weird when they arrived at the planet...
Spoiler for The victim:

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-05-07 at 00:57.
Old 2012-05-07, 01:08   Link #73
Griphus

What if Mix was actually "cloned"? The Mix(y) boy is much younger than Mix. And then the transformation from woman to man could have decreased her/his age

And Mykage reminds me very much of Otoha. Being unchosen in love (by Toma), despising wingless creatures, torturing Kagura, etc etc... seems payback for the suffering of 12000 and 24000 years ago.
Old 2012-05-07, 01:12   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphus View Post
What if Mix was actually "cloned"? The Mix(y) boy is much younger than Mix. And then the transformation from woman to man could have decreased her/his age
Does it include the hair style and the ribbon?
Old 2012-05-07, 01:39   Link #75
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Crack theory: What if altair's female population never died out and instead they all just became men through some process we probably should never dwell on?
Old 2012-05-07, 02:13   Link #76
pingva

First part of the episode was boring.
So that's why Iguras become unusable, because they become men.
Shrade said something about old woman's grief. They said in one of the episodes that Altair's artificial surviving system was created by Izumo's mother.
After all Zessica's wish was very simple "Open the gates to the other world". Interesting what's the price of it.

Preview looks really yummy: Aquarion SPADA (Shrade, Zessica, Andy) vs MIXY.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:30   Link #77
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Crack theory: What if altair's female population never died out and instead they all just became men through some process we probably should never dwell on?
And the graves?
Old 2012-05-07, 03:35   Link #78
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Now it is starting to feel like CG R2. Andy and Zessica are finally in the annoying characters group.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:39   Link #79
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

So, this ep, Kagura is shown sitting on Amata's bed in Amata's old room. At this point I think it's dead certain that Kagura is strongly related to Amata in some way, and not just via reincarnation shenanigans. They're probably the same person. If not, they would need to be siblings, or Kagura would need to have had some sort of interesting Amata imprintation done.

- Amata felt he knew Kagura from somewhere
- Kagura said Amata didn't smell of anything
- Mykage described Alicia's child as having flaxen hair (like Amata) and gold eyes (like Kagura)
- The first ending sequence shows Amata and Kagura posed on opposite sides, both caught in thorns (the larger version of the pic shows Amata's leg wrapped in thorns), with the same circles by them.
- The first opening shows Amata and Kagura looking opposite ways, then having their faces move to the opposite side of the frame where the other was before, overlapping along the way.
- The second opening shows half of Amata's face and half of Kagura's together.
- And now Kagura is at Amata's old home on Vega, sitting on his bed. If the reason turns out to be "Mykage told me to sit here to confuse the audience", I will be very disappointed.

We do know now for certain that Altair has top-notch brainwashing facilities. Mykage seemed to have so many abilities that I would have betted he could do it himself anyway, but this is still proof, and could be foreshadowing about Kagura. (Hell, for all we know, Amata's been brainwashed.)

Anyway, about the rest of the ep: I thought it was good. Crea has amazing Fudo-interpretation skills, wow. Andy was okay this ep (perhaps a little annoying...), and I adored Mikono, although I wish she'd just told Amata what she wanted to rather than saying she'll wait until she gets back. It would've fitted much better if she'd said it then, but of course she wouldn't, because then the writers wouldn't be able to continue to drag out the plot. Anyway, Mikono was pretty damn cool this ep for finding the guts to leave to find Fudo. I'm not sure what good it'll do: Fudo seems very well informed about everything that's going on. Eh, I suppose that means he's planning for Mikono to go with him, then. He'll need her to help pilot the original Aquarion.

The MIX-Y thing had to happen after that episode title got revealed, because it explains perfectly why MIX's name was spelt weirdly in all-caps. A little odd that male MIX (whatever name s/he was given by Altair) looks and sounds so feminine, but maybe if a few years passed like that, MIX-Y would grow more manly? I'm sort of relieved that she got brainwashed, since it means she didn't have to suffer through knowing what was happening to her at the time. Turning into a guy would be a nightmare for her. But she'll definitely get her memory back in the end.

I'm really sorry to see what a hash the writers are making of Zessica. They've turned her entire existence into feeling that there's nothing left for her if Amata doesn't want her. Even her angst session this ep was mostly about that, rather than feeling guilty about MIX. And now Mykage has her in his clutches in some way. I hope she'll get the chance to shine again before the show is over. If only the writers had spent a little of her angst-time on backstory for her instead.

Speaking of Zessica, if what the staff said about the first ending sequence showing some characters as they once were/as they are now/as they will be in the future, I think this ep makes it far more likely that she's being portrayed in the ending as she is now, because it shows a mirror and mirrors have featured so largely for her in the plot.

The Yunoha ending sequence is gorgeous visually, but since the singing is being done in-character, it leaves something to be desired. And it seems a waste to be dedicating the ending to just two side characters and a plot that's already been resolved. It can only have been done because of the unexpected Jin/Yunoha popularity. I suppose it's better than nothing to give to fans whose favourite character/ship got cut off so quickly. It does seem a bit silly sometimes, though. This ep the scene where an image of Jin appears on Altair for Yunoha, it just seemed like a matter of "We must appease the Jin fanbase. Quick, make a static image of him smiling appear!"

The big reveal about women captured on Vega turning into men on Altair is fun. It means that any of the guys on Altair could have originally been women. I was worried when Zessica started coughing and saying her throat hurt that perhaps she was going to get ill (that is, the sort of ill that would mean she'd eventually die if she stayed on Altair). But then, after that she started holding her lower abdomen...so maybe she was only going to turn into a guy. It's going to be weird if we see male versions of Zessica and Yunoha, that's for certain. But it would be a lot better than them getting ill and incapacitated.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:55   Link #80
hai_san

Finaly it get interesting in Aquarion, there are more twist in the story. Too Bad Zessica got downgraded to emo char instead of being the power girl...
Closed Thread