Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-17, 17:45   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I just noticed that they put Lucy as a Swordsman............does he even know how to use one? xD
It's a mistranslation. He's a gladiator. He doesn't even have the sword he initially picked up with him anymore.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:58   Link #42
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I am rooting for the "Fighting Lion" to win Block D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Or to put it in another way: If there's anyone here who's caught up with the current Toriko chapters, I can sorta see Bartolomeo basically being like the tengu chef from the current storyline (who's also crazy strong and world-infamous, yet quickly became friends with the wimpy chef protagonist due to sharing similar ideals).
After Bartolomeo rejected the audience I was immediately reminded me of Buranchi. I'm not sure how a pirate of 150 million could defeat a vice admiral (I wouldn't see Momonga losing so easily), but bounties are well known to be inaccurate indicators of actual power level (e.g. Caribou, Sanji, etc.). I slightly suspect the ball he threw into the crowd has more purpose.
Old 2013-04-17, 18:08   Link #43
james0246

Don Chin Jao in Block C looks interesting, and Suleiman in Block D could be fun.
Old 2013-04-17, 19:01   Link #44
marvelB

Oh and BTW, I see nobody else brought it up yet, but I'm guessing that the old lady in the ministory is going to turn out to be the mother/grandmother of the rebel leader, if I'm right in guessing the contents of that one photo.....
Old 2013-04-17, 20:51   Link #45
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I was here trying to make a guess of who may win within each block and then like what the hell, people barely start appearing for fight and Burgess managed to destroy his entire block already.

Does Luffy really stand a chance against a member of main storyline villains in his current state? Yes Haki is good, he will surely stop a bunch of Logias like Caesar and other "middle-tier" villains but hey...these guys are something different. Burgess and Auger went as far to go 1vs1 with Ace before timeskip...

Cant stop thinking that Entire crew may need another time-skip/power up to keep up with Blackbeard Pirates in future...Maybe something related to this "ancient civilization" since it goes well along with main storyline, D will and eventually Blackbeard.
I can't really agree with this, Burgess and Auger went 1v1 with Ace and lost pretty hard. Blackbeard was the only one who was on Ace's level, and won because of his fruit. So I honestly think Burgess is weaker than Luffy (but doesn't matter since in a crew to crew, obviously they wouldn't go head to head). Luffy right now is insanely strong, he hasn't had a real opponent to measure up to, and his 400 mil bounty should speak for itself. I think something will happen making Burgess not fight Luffy, but I still think 10 out of 10 times Luffy would win head to head without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I have a feeling Bellamy cheated his way through Skypiea to get the gold pillar - probably told everyone he's a friend of Luffy's.

No way he could've beaten the warriors - they were strong enough to take out Enel (who only survived by using his DF to restart his heart), and Bellamy got OHKO'd by pre-Gears Luffy.
Bellamy went through something, enough to make him give up on laughing at other people's dreams because he has his own now, and realizes what it means to be a real pirate. I like it, he might still be an ass, but he's definitely grown up. He even makes sure to say he doesn't hold a grudge against Luffy which says a lot about how much he's grown. He's no longer a guy who fights over stupid things like in the past, like how Luffy was. Frankly I'm impressed, and like to see this.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:50   Link #46
Virid

I'm also rooting for the lion and the old guy that looks like Shigekuni Yamamoto from Bleach.
Old 2013-04-18, 00:30   Link #47
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 706
That was a good chapter. That is pretty cool how Bellamy and other lower characters are not standing still but growing and changing. Curious to see how some of these fighters like Bellamy, Bartolomeo, and the others will do. This could be a build up like Hodi and turn out to be nothing.

Pushing the right button
I wonder how far Bellamy or other antagonist will push until Luffy decides to end them permanently? Bellamy going to skypia, makes you think are Luffy's friends okay?

Plan?
I wonder what kind of plan law has in motion? He told Smoker that he was going to Green Bit? Right now Admiral Fujitori is sending ships there and the exchange is going down. Dalfamingo has been a no show.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:01   Link #48
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

skypiea lads are not that weak you know...
Old 2013-04-18, 03:11   Link #49
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Unless Bellamy got a significant power boost and went to Skypiea like a year after Luffy and Co. then the warriors in Skypiea would fuck his shit up.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:38   Link #50
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Unless Bellamy got a significant power boost and went to Skypiea like a year after Luffy and Co. then the warriors in Skypiea would fuck his shit up.
Maybe he made friends up there and got the golden pillar as a present.
Old 2013-04-18, 07:37   Link #51
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Skypia mostly had jungles, buildings. A very suitable place to bounce around if you have springs as legs. Bellamy also had complete control over his "flight course" (hell, someone less experienced would end up crashing into a wall at full speed I guess, Bellamy never did that did he?) besides, he was almost invisible to the naked eye. All he had to do was to spring hopper around till everyone dies. I dont think everyone has the ability (or slight glimp of haki maybe?) to punch him to ground in last split second at his fastest speed.

Im more interested in how he got there. Even if it sounds ridiculous, Bane Bane No Mi can explain that fairly easily.
Old 2013-04-18, 08:04   Link #52
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh hey, marvel and CrreepyAnimatedGuu james, if AP goes down again I may need a place to drop summaries next week, possibly as early as Monday (due to Sat Jump release) night. If you could keep an eye out if you happen to be awake and around.

Oh, and also, there will be a break (for all WSJ manga) the following week, since it'll be a double issue.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:33   Link #53
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Did you guys forget the cover stories from the chapters 645-649? The Skypieans seem to be in good condition there... also considering Wiper was on Luffy's level in strenght pre-timeskip, I really doubt that Bellamy did any damage up there.
Old 2013-04-18, 14:13   Link #54
shalala

But that panel on page 10 where he lefts up his glasses totally screams that he did something to them while he was up there. Why else would he say who knows.
Old 2013-04-18, 15:23   Link #55
mrShady

Bellamy is just hard to judge.
On the one hand pre skip he was complete and utterly trashed by Luffy while acting superior. However he himself now admits he was wrong and is said to have suppressed multiple cities. He just screams stronger then before. Mind you I still think Luffy will still trash him but I really doubt he's the same push over.

And about Bartolomeo, could it be that he's an extreme version of Luffy. As in instead of changing people who are biased and doing wrong like Luffy does he just outright kills them. This might include WG supporters and is what earned him this hated status. Also The way he reacted to the audience is a big indication that he despises them. It's just not clear if he hates them because they are cowards or because they watch people kill one another.
Old 2013-04-18, 15:38   Link #56
noktown

Quote:
The new film (Z) helps a lot with this actually (since it's semi-canon).
Hardly...Z is not even a real character,and Luffy barely even uses gear 2nd,Haki was only used in the end,with the fist fight...

But i don't wanna go into the whole strawhats weak/strong argument again.It leads nowhere,since there's no proof of anything.

It seems to me that in the next few arcs,we'll get an Admiral arc,because it seems like Vice-admirals are being toyed with....first Law and now Bartolomeo.

Last edited by noktown; 2013-04-18 at 15:51.
Old 2013-04-18, 17:28   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh hey, marvel and CrreepyAnimatedGuu james, if AP goes down again I may need a place to drop summaries next week, possibly as early as Monday (due to Sat Jump release) night. If you could keep an eye out if you happen to be awake and around.

Oh, and also, there will be a break (for all WSJ manga) the following week, since it'll be a double issue.

Ah yes, it IS that time of the year again, isn't it? Very well then, I shall be on the lookout!

And now, time for me to go a little in-depth here:

I find it very interesting how Oda is portraying Bellamy in this storyline. Back when we first him in the Jaya arc he was a grade-A scumbag, but as me and some others said already, his encounter with Luffy (and the following punishment from Dofla) before the skip really seems to have humbled him. Not to say that he's no longer an asshole (we still saw him smashing some dude's head against a wall just a couple chapters back after all), but at least he seems to have become a pretty respectable person in the eyes of the Dressrosa citizens, considering all the applause he got this chapter.

And on the subject of respect..... it really seems that Luffy gained some from Bellamy. I mean, that single line "I won't laugh at you anymore" speaks VOLUMES. This, coming from the guy who relentlessly ridiculed the idea of chasing dreams and ambitions. I dunno about anyone else, but I feel that this is some deep shit right here. It also makes me really interested in finding out why he wants to join Doflamingo's crew. It really seems like he reveres the man just as much, if not more than the other Dressrosa residents, judging by his line about how Dofla was like his idol. I guess that means there really IS more to the former warlord outside of his underground slave and weapons dealing.....

Oh, and one more thing: I doubt Bellamy used his DF to reach the sky island, nor do I think he used the knock-up stream. I pretty much agree with what was said earlier about him most likely using one of the other routes to reach the sky. After all, Gan Fall even told the Straw-Hats way back then that some crewmates would inevitably be lost if one of the other paths were taken, while the stream was more like an all-or-nothing shot. So I guess one of those alternate paths was how Bellamy lost his crew......
Old 2013-04-18, 20:09   Link #58
DoubtGin

Any ideas about the "numbered" fighters? There might be a relation to that guy from the cover story.

Still not sure who will win the second round.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:30   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I can't really agree with this, Burgess and Auger went 1v1 with Ace and lost pretty hard. Blackbeard was the only one who was on Ace's level, and won because of his fruit.
Burgess and Auger didn't lose against Ace, but Blackbeard made it clear they were no match against him. Blackbeard defeated Ace simply because he was stronger than him. Why do you think Shanks came to see Whitebeard personally just to tell him to stop Ace from chasing Blackbeard any further? It was because Shanks knows Blackbeard is a very dangerous man and is stronger than he lets on (the scars on Shanks' face are a testament to that). And this knowledge isn't even accounting for the darkness fruit. Shanks had the foresight to know there would be serious repercussions if Ace and Blackbeard fought, which all culminated in the war at Marineford.

Ace simply wasn't in Blackbeard's league.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:29   Link #60
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Burgess and Auger didn't lose against Ace, but Blackbeard made it clear they were no match against him. Blackbeard defeated Ace simply because he was stronger than him. Why do you think Shanks came to see Whitebeard personally just to tell him to stop Ace from chasing Blackbeard any further? It was because Shanks knows Blackbeard is a very dangerous man and is stronger than he lets on (the scars on Shanks' face are a testament to that). And this knowledge isn't even accounting for the darkness fruit. Shanks had the foresight to know there would be serious repercussions if Ace and Blackbeard fought, which all culminated in the war at Marineford.

Ace simply wasn't in Blackbeard's league.
do you think blackbeard was at Yonkou level when he fought ace?