AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 04:18   Link #2461
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

The Paris Gun was a WWI-era German rail artillery piece, not WWII. They wouldn't have needed it anyway in WWII, since the gun was abandoned before WWI ended because it was a liability, without having fired one real shot at Paris.
Old 2008-12-09, 06:19   Link #2462
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Word has it that there's going to be a Sumaga fandisc! No real announcement yet, but they've been hinting at it over at the official blog, and people online seem fully convinced. I already can't wait.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 06:40   Link #2463
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm not much of a fan of these games. Although I like the concept of these types of games, I still think that inserting erotic content into action game or RPG is much better then to play normal visual novel that are greatly present today.

That said, even if I'm not a fan, there are exceptions. My favorite would be Knights of Xentar, an old RPG which had neat story and tons of jokes that can make anyone laugh, even a bit, and Brave Soul, another ''newer'' action RPG that had nice gameplay and great medieval characters. And the third one would be Ero-Night, a pretty well thought flash game.

I didn't search much for other ones but, if someone played these and know some similar medieval ones that has action/RPG genre, please share.
Old 2008-12-09, 06:46   Link #2464
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I'm not much of a fan of these games. Although I like the concept of these types of games, I still think that inserting erotic content into action game or RPG is much better then to play normal visual novel that are greatly present today.

That said, even if I'm not a fan, there are exceptions. My favorite would be Knights of Xentar, an old RPG which had neat story and tons of jokes that can make anyone laugh, even a bit, and Brave Soul, another ''newer'' action RPG that had nice gameplay and great medieval characters. And the third one would be Ero-Night, a pretty well thought flash game.

I didn't search much for other ones but, if someone played these and know some similar medieval ones that has action/RPG genre, please share.
How about play Tears to Tiara, Utawarerumono, Izumo and Others Studio e-go and Alice Soft eroge
Old 2008-12-10, 10:41   Link #2465
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

And the Sumaga fandisc is official! *is in bliss*
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 22:29   Link #2466
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Guess I need to start on playing Sumaga then.. >_>
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:08   Link #2467
Lel0uch

True Love is best game ever, you should play it if you haven't already.
Lel0uch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:38   Link #2468
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Just finished reading Nursery Rhyme and it was just fine! It wasn't as good as Tayutama but, I was already expecting it yet, it was good enough to make the time I spent on it worth it.

Favorite character was Yukina but, my fav. route was Tita's, even though her route lacked the drama Yukina's route had the development of their relations from neighbors > classmates > friends > lovers pretty much made up for it. As for the others heroines they were just fine.

My only complain...
Spoiler for Spoiler/NSFW:

Next: Yosuga No Sora!

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-12-14 at 16:37.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 21:07   Link #2469
Avisch
Reality Blender

My copies of Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow ataraxia arrived this week. So of course I've started with Fate, and have finally gotten to the real beginning of the game (past prologue and right where Shirou meets Saber). Fun stuff. This is pretty big, cause I've proclaimed myself a Type-Moon fan and so playing Fate is sort of something I've had to do (still though I might prefer some aspects of Tsukihime). I'm really loving the interactions between Rin and Archer, they're funny as hell.

I really love the how the serious aspects of Shirou are brought out with his mental talk, his thoughts of Justice are quite deep. It reminds of why I love 07th Expansion so much.

On the music. I love the battle theme, and it's a big plus that the tracks have some variety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post

My only complain...
Spoiler for Spoiler/NSFW:

Next: Yosuga No Sora!
Wierd. They don't even have a fandisc for that?

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 22:25   Link #2470
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Just finished reading Nursery Rhyme and it was just fine! I was as good as Tayutama but, I was already expecting it yet, it was good enough to make the time I spent on it worth it.
This is why it's sort of interesting going through a company's games in reverse, and I assume that it's sort of the same for you. It's very easy to notice the problems in the earlier games that the newer game was designed to fix.

For example, I'm currently going through feng's Aozora no Mieru Oka, the game released before the now-anime-adapted Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. It's pretty obvious now that Akane-iro was designed, basically, as a "version 2" of Aozora in a lot of ways. Some of the characters are near-straight copies with just slightly-tweaked personalities (in particular, you could almost call Nonoka and Mizuki siblings, and Iori and Yuuhi aren't far apart either). But they really did fix a lot of Aozora's problems too. For example, Aozora's story is half the length of Akane-iro, and while I at times felt that Akane-iro's story dragged a bit, Aozora's story was definitely way too rushed -- it's paced exactly like a one-cour anime, where the drama/romance only starts in the 10th episode, and that's way too short. Akane-iro gave at least 5-7 anime episodes worth of story to the final pairing not even counting ecchi scenes (which were done as a sort of sidestory/bonus in Akane-iro). There also just some general things about the pacing and presentation that improved in Akane-iro that make Aozora definitely look a bit dated in comparison. Still not a bad game by any stretch (art is generally quite nice, and I'm a fan of the music composer), but its already easy to identify its age. Makes me wonder if they're going to try for a "version 3" with their next game, or do something completely different.

I also have Lump of Sugar's Itsusora here (possibly next in line), and the technical improvements made are obvious from the moment you press start. I mean, "NVL"? That's definitely out of style these days. But it all made sense in the time when it was created.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 23:08   Link #2471
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

I also have Lump of Sugar's Itsusora here (possibly next in line), and the technical improvements made are obvious from the moment you press start. I mean, "NVL"? That's definitely out of style these days. But it all made sense in the time when it was created.
It's in NVL? (I've only heard of this game) *goes to check NicoNicoDouga for videos* So it is!

Wow thats surprising (but cool) design choice for an eroge. I'm sure other heroine-oriented eroge have done it. But yeah definitely unexpected cause looking at the CG game I did not anticipate NVL format at all.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 07:53   Link #2472
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel0uch View Post
True Love is best game ever, you should play it if you haven't already.
Well I wouldn't say that it's best but you're right at some point. I forgot about it, and yes it is a good game.

And wow, there are some great Studio e-go and Alice Soft ero games but err... just Japanese so far from what I searched. Are there English translated ones or I just missed some so I need to search deeper?

Last edited by Crimrui; 2008-12-14 at 08:37.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 10:02   Link #2473
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
This is why it's sort of interesting going through a company's games in reverse, and I assume that it's sort of the same for you. It's very easy to notice the problems in the earlier games that the newer game was designed to fix.

For example, I'm currently going through feng's Aozora no Mieru Oka, the game released before the now-anime-adapted Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. It's pretty obvious now that Akane-iro was designed, basically, as a "version 2" of Aozora in a lot of ways. Some of the characters are near-straight copies with just slightly-tweaked personalities (in particular, you could almost call Nonoka and Mizuki siblings, and Iori and Yuuhi aren't far apart either). But they really did fix a lot of Aozora's problems too. For example, Aozora's story is half the length of Akane-iro, and while I at times felt that Akane-iro's story dragged a bit, Aozora's story was definitely way too rushed -- it's paced exactly like a one-cour anime, where the drama/romance only starts in the 10th episode, and that's way too short. Akane-iro gave at least 5-7 anime episodes worth of story to the final pairing not even counting ecchi scenes (which were done as a sort of sidestory/bonus in Akane-iro). There also just some general things about the pacing and presentation that improved in Akane-iro that make Aozora definitely look a bit dated in comparison. Still not a bad game by any stretch (art is generally quite nice, and I'm a fan of the music composer), but its already easy to identify its age. Makes me wonder if they're going to try for a "version 3" with their next game, or do something completely different.

Yes, you can really tell how much a company has improved their when you play their game in reverse. I also have Itsusora but, since I heard nothing but great things (check hemi's blog) about it I'm going to leave it for later.

Pardon my ignorance but, what is NVL?
Old 2008-12-14, 13:22   Link #2474
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but, what is NVL?
Ah -- that's when there's a CG in the background and the text covers the whole screen. NVL for Novel. That's opposed to the AVG style (Adventure Game), which is the more-usual (these days) having the text in the bottom 1/4 of the screen, and sort of like dollhouse/cardboard cutouts on-screen with a CG background, and the occasional full-character CG. I remember they made a big deal when ToHeart 2 went from NVL to AVG in the expansion; it was sort of one of the last major hold-outs (due to legacy). Pretty rare to see new mainstream games go with the NVL format these days.
Old 2008-12-14, 20:09   Link #2475
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Honestly, I couldn't see Itsusora working with anything else but the NVL format. Nursery Rhyme was in AVG format but they decided to go with a NVL format for Itsusora instead, and the former was the company's first title. So they had to have had a reason for going with the NVL format...and I imagine that the huge load of text was part of it, hahaha.

And yeah, you hardly see any games in NVL format these days. Last eroge that had NVL format that I played was...yup, Itsusora.
Old 2008-12-14, 20:42   Link #2476
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Oh, speaking of Itsusora, I stumbled upon a Konome figure for sale at an anime con earlier today........but wasn't interested, so I didn't buy it.
Old 2008-12-15, 22:58   Link #2477
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Can eroge companies learn from their mistakes? It seems so with Makura soft. Supreme Candy's only serious flaw was that there was very little, too little inter-character interaction. Vast majority of the action were between the protagonist and one girl.

So I played Sakura no Uta trial version, their game that they've been developing one way or another for a long time; kind of like their own Duke Nukem Forever except that it's probably their next released game, hopefully. This game is completely different from Supreme Candy. It's got a LARGE cast for a game of its kind, and they interact in lively groups frequently. Aaaah, what a fresh change of atmosphere, and it feels like their art department got even better.
Old 2008-12-19, 19:45   Link #2478
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I played the trial version of Yusoga no Sora. Looks very cool. I think i will try this one next.

By the way... for anyone interested, i heard some news about Tech Gian announcing the anime TV series based in TAYUTAMA ~ KISS ON MY DEITY. Someone can confirm that?

Maybe i will give a try in this eroge too. It looks very cool.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:52   Link #2479
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
By the way... for anyone interested, i heard some news about Tech Gian announcing the anime TV series based in TAYUTAMA ~ KISS ON MY DEITY. Someone can confirm that?

Maybe i will give a try in this eroge too. It looks very cool.
Yeah, we have a thread about it here. It's all but a sure thing at this point. And, most everyone I've seen who's played the game would easily recommend it, myself included.

And yeah, my copy of Yosuga no Sora arrived some time last week, but it's on short hold at the moment while I finish up a few other things. It'll also get delayed by D.C. II P.C.'s pending arrival. Also getting Hoshiuta, and a whole slew of end-January titles... it never ends!
Old 2008-12-20, 11:32   Link #2480
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Yeah, we have a thread about it here. It's all but a sure thing at this point. And, most everyone I've seen who's played the game would easily recommend it, myself included.
Thanks for the info!

By the way... i was curious about TAYUTAMA and checked their site too.
It seems beside the anime show, T-KomD have a Sequel/Fandisk in the works, too.

Wow! A lot of Mashiro goodness in 2009!
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel