AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-07, 06:29   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Shakugan no Shana - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Shakugan no Shana. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • - Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• - Voice Actors are humans.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2007-10-07, 11:24   Link #2
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's funny. I never had that problem with her before, but it took me almost half an hour of movie before Kugimiya Rie's voice became "Shana's voice" instead of "Nagi's voice" (from Hayate no Gotoku).

Anyone else had that feeling?
Old 2007-10-07, 11:28   Link #3
Pell14

Basically Rie Kugimiya voice sounds the similar (at least to me) for hayate, shana and znt. The role on fma is alittle different although. Even the faked accent on gintama still sound similar but she still remain at my personal top favourite seiyu list hehe. I am pretty sure she is capable on doing other voice(there was this audio file on the website that she showcase her voice range or something) rather the shana,hayate thingy, maybe the director requested that tsundere voice
Old 2007-10-07, 11:32   Link #4
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but I didn't have that problem with Louise.

I certainly didn't have it with Bell (Mar), Touko (Marimite) or Ringo (Akazukin).

Or with any of the Oh-Gods-How-Many-Roles-Of-Hers-did-I-watch.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:05   Link #5
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
there was this audio file on the website that she showcase her voice range or something
If anyone's got that can they up that to youtube or stage 6?
Old 2007-10-08, 03:21   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
Basically Rie Kugimiya voice sounds the similar (at least to me) for hayate, shana and znt. The role on fma is alittle different although. Even the faked accent on gintama still sound similar but she still remain at my personal top favourite seiyu list hehe. I am pretty sure she is capable on doing other voice(there was this audio file on the website that she showcase her voice range or something) rather the shana,hayate thingy, maybe the director requested that tsundere voice
She can. Here's the best example I've found yet. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm778883 . People should make sure they watch the whole thing, as it's kind of sorted by ranges.
Old 2007-10-08, 07:04   Link #7
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If anyone's got that can they up that to youtube or stage 6?
The audio file is available on her profile.
Closed Thread