AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 04:57   Link #361
BuuHuu

finally i have a new pc and now i can play the demo version. ^_^
at my old pc, there were troubles and i couldnīt play it there. the pc was too old.

but now i have a problem with the english translation.
i visited http://www.assembla.com/code/rewrite...bversion/nodes (for the translations) but there, i canīt see it in the right way. i see it only like this: http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/...=Unbenannt.png
i tried another side, http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/rewritetrialen/ there it was ok, i can see every thing alright. but the translations there goes only till "seen01004_m00-str.txt". the other files, "seen01004-str.txt" and under it arenīt translated.

i thougt, the demo was fully translated. or are there (http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/rewritetrialen/) only the first translated files? and the other translated files werenīt supplemented?
can maybe someone help me, to display http://www.assembla.com/code/rewrite...bversion/nodes in the right way? i have no idea, how to do it.
or to help me, finding, the missing translations?
hope, somebody can help me.

the demo looks really good. the background pictures are nice. like them very much. and some songs are good too.
BuuHuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:20   Link #362
kyosak
poo

Well the Philosophyz single is finally out..
Philosophyz is a great song as you guys all know but the other track on the single was great as well.
Never heard of Mizutani Runa before but she's got a great singing voice.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:58   Link #363
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Well the Philosophyz single is finally out..
Philosophyz is a great song as you guys all know but the other track on the single was great as well.
Never heard of Mizutani Runa before but she's got a great singing voice.
Was going to pre-order this single too, but it appears that it would cost too much to ship it outside of Japan on its own. The storage facility at JAA only holds the product for about a month too, so I couldn't link it up with the actual VN.

Maybe I'll just get a mate in Japan to send it over.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 20:50   Link #364
xBTAx

I ordered the single, but since I got it in the same order as Supercell's new CD, it won't ship till March...

I'm debating whether I should try and get the game or not. I have absolutely no JP knowledge right now, but I'll hopefully be starting to learn it this year and then I'll eventually be able to run through the game with AGTH, so it'd be nice to have the LE if I'm going to get it at all...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 16:34   Link #365
SupaPhly

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
how the heck do you guys play with machine translations and still understand?
I have everything configured correctly with atlas v14, agth with the hook code, and translation aggregator.
The translations it's giving me is somewhat correct, but really weird, is this normal?.
I haven't used machine translation in a game before, so excuse my noobishness.

plus I found this https://www.assembla.com/code/Rewrite/subversion/nodes which is a little more recent compared to the link earlier in this thread. are there people still working on the translation for this? because it would be a good idea to work on the Trial before the full game comes out for a good head start. but then again, excuse my noobishness.
SupaPhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 21:39   Link #366
kyosak
poo

I'm pretty sure no one's using Atlas to play... That thing just spits out jibberish.
How anyone ever uses it to play games I'll never understand

I think AGTH is nice if you have a solid grasp on Japanese grammar but still lack in departments like kanji. It makes it easier to look words up.
I really wouldn't bother with machine translation though.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:07   Link #367
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I'm not sure how people do it either, but it seems that a fair number of people are very good at interpreting machine translations exist. I personally like using AGTH because it makes it easier to look up unknown words.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:38   Link #368
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaPhly View Post
are there people still working on the translation for this?
Fact that you missed 2 page ago with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I'd like to point out that the assembla space that people keep linking to is out of date and is no longer used by anyone. The demo translation itself, however, is still being worked on, but progress is very slow. The translator is still looking for more translators to help translate the demo.
Old 2011-02-04, 09:33   Link #369
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I wonder when they will announce the contents of the limited edition...
Old 2011-02-08, 05:37   Link #370
jda95
Keytard

The official site has uploaded some really cute avatars!
jda95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:56   Link #371
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Aww I wish I could attend this u_u http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_fes/ looks like cool stuff will be taking place >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I think they were talking about longest Key game to date.
LOL yes I was ^-^ if anything I think some of Umineko games rank up as some of the longest XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 00:28   Link #372
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
The official site has uploaded some really cute avatars!
As well as some awesomely hi-res wallpapers.

Last edited by boggart; 2011-02-12 at 17:24.
Old 2011-02-12, 18:31   Link #373
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/2011/02/post_105.html

There will definitely be no 18+ version of this VN.
Old 2011-02-12, 19:45   Link #374
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/2011/02/post_105.html

There will definitely be no 18+ version of this VN.
Very Key-ish.
Old 2011-02-12, 20:02   Link #375
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wonder why they had to confirm yet again, despite it was obvious and mentioned several times already.
Old 2011-02-13, 11:54   Link #376
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I wonder why they had to confirm yet again, despite it was obvious and mentioned several times already.
Because it's going to make the betrayal ever so sweet when the Rewrite This Is Not The Same Game Since There Is A Random Post Title To The Name See We Weren't Lying At All ero version is announced.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 11:57   Link #377
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Winkel, I believe it would be best if you just drop this subject altogether. I would actually have no problem if such thing happened already but it didn't (they did mention that regarding LB, no one was even surprised by that when EX was "officially" announced).

For all it takes, they particularly insisted about that, and they certainly never had a backstory of false advertisment.
Old 2011-02-13, 12:10   Link #378
winkel

I was simply answering your speculation.

I never insinuated that you would have a problem with an 18+ version. I just find it funny people are willing to believe Key so readily. Also, I did not suggest they were falsely advertising. What they say is true... but it may not be the whole truth.

Edit: Just so it doesn't seem like I'm simply joshing around. The fact that the staff blog had to reiterate their position so strongly seems to suggest that the majority of gamers are holding the same position as I am. It's like the curse of the Forbidden Fruit, once you've tasted it (EX) it is very hard for you to go back.

It probably wouldn't be a problem that Key would repeatedly address if it wasn't having an impact in some way. Word of mouth towards waiting things out, weaker pre-order sales, such things would definitely be something that would affect them, and thus they have to make their stance clearly to win back the trust of their customers.

The question now is, will it work? If it does, I can see this as being the end of it. However, if it doesn't, if perhaps for some reason Rewrite underperforms... they might just succumb to the pressure. Maybe not in the way of releasing an EX version, but I would imagine something like minori's method with eden would be very plausible.

Last edited by winkel; 2011-02-13 at 12:29.
Old 2011-02-13, 19:10   Link #379
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Just going by common sense, the length of the script, and the seiyuu involved, even the most dedicated eroge player would surmise that there is not going to be an 18+ version.

But you can keep holding out for it, Winkel...
Old 2011-02-13, 22:17   Link #380
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Just going by common sense, the length of the script, and the seiyuuinvolved.
What does any of that have to do with anything? EX was a huge script too, and there is a reason they hired normal seiyuu and are using them first/primarily. It's to prevent the problem that is now plaguing Little Busters and its use of eroge seiyuu and adapting it for other media.

If you're going to dismiss me as well, at least try to be more coherent like Klashikari.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel