AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 16:39   Link #2961
TheanimefreakRO

Location: Most people tell me that im living on another planet XD
oh.....never tought about this...well thanks for the quick answer.
TheanimefreakRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:48   Link #2962
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Take note that Hongkong is already thriving and there are modern appliances like microwave ovens when Shana is in the Tendoukyuu.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:08   Link #2963
Flere821
Lurker

And I think Shana mentioned once to Yuji she's nowhere near 300 years old - not that it helps narrowing her age down
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:10   Link #2964
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And I think Shana mentioned once to Yuji she's nowhere near 300 years old - not that it helps narrowing her age down
She could be 250! No wait.... 210 years old! Oh wait! 21 years old! That's the best guess I got
Old 2011-01-08, 22:19   Link #2965
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

She probably got the age of Yuuji when she became a Flame Haze, and from there on she didn't got any old due to her status, so I bet that she actually got like 20 years old or kinda, but as Margery said in one chapter, "what's the worth to a Flame Haze to keep counting his age?"
By the way, Hooves how did you learn japanese? Seems to be pretty usefull
Old 2011-01-08, 22:39   Link #2966
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
She probably got the age of Yuuji when she became a Flame Haze, and from there on she didn't got any old due to her status, so I bet that she actually got like 20 years old or kinda, but as Margery said in one chapter, "what's the worth to a Flame Haze to keep counting his age?"
That is true, Yuji said that Shana looked about the age of him. So if Flame Hazes are not able to age anymore once they have contracted with a Lord of Crimson Realm then however many years before Shana met Yuji would be how old she is now. But there is no explaining how long before Shana met Yuji, so it's still in question either way

But that is just from Yuji's perspective, we may never know how old Shana really is till the author eventually tells us which he never will

There is another Flame Haze that was interesting in a way "Archer of Aurora" who was able to contract with two Lord of Crimson Realms. I originally thought Flame Hazes were only allowed to contract with one till I learned about this one.
Old 2011-01-08, 23:34   Link #2967
Elf song

At least Shana couldn't be more than 50 years old because Vine left Crimson Realm to Earth in 1950s (according to the novel) and microwave's design in anime also confirms that.

Utrennyaya and Vechernyaya are not exactly two Crimson Lords but one person with different personality so technically Chiara made contract with one Lord. BTW, she's more than 100 years now since she made contract around 1890.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 00:57   Link #2968
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Utrennyaya and Vechernyaya are not exactly two Crimson Lords but one person with different personality so technically Chiara made contract with one Lord. BTW, she's more than 100 years now since she made contract around 1890.
That explains it, but wait 100 years!?
Old 2011-01-09, 16:22   Link #2969
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

The way I always thought of it was that a flame haze could join with as many Crimson Lords as they wanted so long as they have the capacity for the Power of Existence to support them all. For example Shana who is bonded to Alastor, Alastor is a massivly powerful Lord, so with that logic she should be able to bond two or three less powerful lords with no additional strain on her body. That is of course assuming there is no rule already in place to disprove this theory.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:01   Link #2970
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
The way I always thought of it was that a flame haze could join with as many Crimson Lords as they wanted so long as they have the capacity for the Power of Existence to support them all. For example Shana who is bonded to Alastor, Alastor is a massivly powerful Lord, so with that logic she should be able to bond two or three less powerful lords with no additional strain on her body. That is of course assuming there is no rule already in place to disprove this theory.
It would have to be a rule in that case, or that the Flame Hazes will not be able to take on that much power. Shana was able to sustain Alastor even if he is an extremely powerful Crimson Lord, but anymore Crimson Lords added to her list will be a very crucial and daring thing to take in. Who knows how much Power of Existence is needed to support a Crimson Lord, so having only one will probably be the safest route.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:18   Link #2971
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Yeah, that's what I figured, that it's not so much a law as it is a precaution. After all no one wants to blow themselves up. It would be an embarrasing way to go.
Old 2011-01-10, 20:02   Link #2972
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Yeah, that's what I figured, that it's not so much a law as it is a precaution. After all no one wants to blow themselves up. It would be an embarrasing way to go.
Flame Haze Investigator: So how did your Flame Haze die?
Crimson Lord: Wanted to combine with too many of us at the same time, so he exploded due to the amount of PoE required for all of us.
Flame Haze Investigator: What a shame, he should have read the book "Flame Hazes for dummies" that would have set him straight that you are only allowed to have one Crimson Lord.
Crimson Lord: Agreed.
Flame Haze Investigator: Well I'll be going now, going to take care of another case in which a Flame Haze blew herself up.

Is a comical way to see it. They probably tried that once and with the death of someone set an example or precaution that you should only take one Crimson Lord.
Old 2011-01-11, 01:46   Link #2973
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
How are Tomogara born? Does anyone know? Or how are things like SoF born or Alastor born? A Flame Haze is created when you make a contract with a Crimson Lord or something. Can anyone explain to me how everything is created in Shana's world? Like Crimson Lords, Flame Hazes and the rest?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 07:50   Link #2974
rikusa

hei i'm a new member in here, nice to meet you all ^^
after read some of the post and spoilers that were post in here, so basically after season 2 in anime, that means Yuji would become the antagonist in season 3, right???
i really want to know the continuation from season 2 anime can someone tell me where i could read the novel? i really" looking forward to it .
but if Yuji become the antagonist i think it would be so sad
so it means Shana and Yuji won't become a couple right...
rikusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:24   Link #2975
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
How are Tomogara born? Does anyone know? Or how are things like SoF born or Alastor born? A Flame Haze is created when you make a contract with a Crimson Lord or something. Can anyone explain to me how everything is created in Shana's world? Like Crimson Lords, Flame Hazes and the rest?
Well you know Flame Hazes are born when a Crimson Lord and a to-be Flame Haze form a contract with each other so that the Crimson Lord will have to take the form of some material in which the Flame Hazes carry around (Alastor = pendant) in order to keep them in the human world. Tomogara in which Flame Hazes fight do not really care for the balance of the two worlds (Earth, and the Crimson Realm) so that's why they are being targeted for taking Power of Existence from everything just for their self-benefit, sometimes even Crimson Lords do this but that is a very little chance. As to how Crimson Lords and Tomogaras are born is still quite unknown to me so sorry I cannot provide that information. We also know the Rinne are created servants of the Tomogaras.

Sorry I cannot really provide an answer to your curiosity but I probably just went into recap on what you already know I wonder for those readers of the side-story (I forgot the name was it "Eternal Song"?) explained anything about Shana's world more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikusa View Post
hei i'm a new member in here, nice to meet you all ^^
after read some of the post and spoilers that were post in here, so basically after season 2 in anime, that means Yuji would become the antagonist in season 3, right???
i really want to know the continuation from season 2 anime can someone tell me where i could read the novel? i really" looking forward to it .
but if Yuji become the antagonist i think it would be so sad
so it means Shana and Yuji won't become a couple right...
That's still debatable, Yuji became the antagonist so that he can create a world in which he and Shana can live together or so the story goes so far. But creating a world where Tomogara and Flame Hazes can live together will change the balance of the two worlds and it's the Flame Hazes' duty to keep this balance so that is why they fight. Shana is strictly following her goal as a Flame Haze and that is why she is going against Yuji even though they both love each other. This series can end in multiple ways that is still being decided till we read the last novel. Also I'm not quite sure I can find a place to download novels, would have been best to wait till they were translated in English but ViZ is keeping that from us ever since they took Baka-Tsuki's right to translate the novel since they merely just picked it up when ViZ dumped it the first time. So now were stuck with novels not being translated and suffering from it.
Old 2011-01-11, 14:28   Link #2976
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Man that must be hurtful for both, they are in love with each other but they also completely dedicated to their own goals, morals and vision of life, wich are on opposite sides(Yuji with deatroying/re-creating the world and Shana believing in her destiny as a flame haze of preserving the balance), it hurts because one defeating the other will also mean crushing the defeated's ideal and view of life. right now i can't foresee an ending where both can be truly happy T-T.

Oh, Btw i have a questionm, is already revealed who is the flame Haze that put a torch for the original Sakai Yuuji?(it's obvious that he dies before meeting Shana). My bet is that probably has something to do with Johan because of his plan of hiding the Reiji Maigo into said torch.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:03   Link #2977
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Oh, Btw i have a questionm, is already revealed who is the flame Haze that put a torch for the original Sakai Yuuji?(it's obvious that he dies before meeting Shana). My bet is that probably has something to do with Johan because of his plan of hiding the Reiji Maigo into said torch.
I'm not quite sure that was revealed yet. They probably want to leave out how Yuuji became a torch till some very emotional part, or not even tell us at all and leave us clueless to how he eventually became one. But that is a very good lead there.
Old 2011-01-11, 17:38   Link #2978
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
I THINK that new Tomagora are born from the mixed power of existence of two others. I vaguely remember reading something about two Tomagora fusing part of themselves into a new being and that becomes a new Tomagora.

Don't quote me on it because I'm not one hundred percent sure that I'm right but I think that's how it's done.
Old 2011-01-11, 17:58   Link #2979
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Is the side story a separate novel altogether or is it like Shakugan no Shana Light Novel 0 or S or others like that?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:57   Link #2980
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Is the side story a separate novel altogether or is it like Shakugan no Shana Light Novel 0 or S or others like that?
The side story (I'm positive it's "Eternal Song" just not 100% positive ) is a completely separate side story that focuses on the previous Flame Haze that Alastor had.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen