AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 23:12   Link #501
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
So I don't quite get it, what were those guys in suits in there for? Just to observe?
Pretty much yea because when word got out that Marika's dad was died everyone came out the would work.

Some of them where form various agencies sent to spy one her and other where freelancers most likely there to see if they could get on Marika crew.
Old 2012-01-17, 00:17   Link #502
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not true, take Onegai Senpai and Monogatari Series as examples from this season... newer/reworked designs >>>usually>>> old and dusty ones
I wasn't speaking generally of all anime when I said that, I was only talking about Mouretsu in particular.

Spoiler for off-topic:
Old 2012-01-17, 00:39   Link #503
Random Wanderer

Hmm. Judging from the LN character designs, I have to say I prefer the anime look for most of them. A few of the crew members have become a bit stranger and might have been better the old way, but I personally prefer the anime look for all the main characters, at least.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 04:11   Link #504
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I prefer the anime designs as well except for the princess-like character and Lynn. Their novel design look better.
Old 2012-01-17, 07:54   Link #505
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I prefer the anime designs as well except for the princess-like character and Lynn. Their novel design look better.
Lynn/Rin definitely looks better in the novel. They made her a bit too butch in the anime.
Old 2012-01-17, 08:21   Link #506
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Misa looked a lot better in the LN too. I think the LN designs were better overall. Only the Princess (whose name is... Gruyere? )'s design is an improvement. Some of the changes are really puzzling, especially Courrier/Kuurie's (another odd name) and Rin's.
Old 2012-01-17, 08:39   Link #507
justpassingby

Courier got some Character Development in vol 7 though :P
Old 2012-01-17, 09:33   Link #508
Misdreavius

Well granted, one-off illustrations will always look better than their anime counterparts just because of the sheer amount of work needed to animate such detailed art.

Though in my opinion, I vastly prefer the anime versions as the LN versions look too gritty, serious and mature.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:32   Link #509
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
Well granted, one-off illustrations will always look better than their anime counterparts just because of the sheer amount of work needed to animate such detailed art.
Do not compare the anime keys and in-betweens with character designs and artwork, they will always look less detailed. Anime also have a lot of official artwork produced for promotion in magazines (Newtype, Megami, Nyantype, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
Though in my opinion, I vastly prefer the anime versions as the LN versions look too gritty, serious and mature.
LOL, for the same reason I prefer the LN's in this case
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:30   Link #510
sa547
*Author

For those who read off Satoh's Twitter post, which left many fuming mad, here's some clarification:
Quote:
No, no, no... after the 2ch calmed down, the Yuri fans are actually hopeful - now that Tatsuo Satoh made clear that romance is excluded in the two anime he directed this season (Chief Director for Rinne no Lagrange, Director for Moretsu Space Pirate), it actually means yuri is more likely rather than the other way round, because in anime yuri is rarely shown explicitly as such (what happens in Nanoha, Madoka or even "Maria-sama miteiru" is depicted as deep friendship and bonding, but is interpreted by many from yuri angle anyway). Getting rid of the possibility of the three guy "villains" of taking the three female protagonists as love interests in Rinne means the bonding between the three girls will get more focus and make it easier for yuri fans to fantasize about yuri (because no guy is involved now). In fact, some suspected the discussion of why there are 3 guys on the other side that seems to conveniently match the 3 girls on Earth's side may have prompted Satoh to quench any speculation about love and romance will become the main theme in the coming episodes. Needless to say, I am quite hopeful too (being a yuri fan myself) :-)
Prepare your yuri goggles.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:16   Link #511
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Yeah but what about the explicit yuri between Rin and Jenny?
Spoiler for yuri:
Is that gonna be removed too??
Old 2012-01-17, 13:16   Link #512
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
For those who read off Satoh's Twitter post, which left many fuming mad, here's some clarification:...
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2012-01-17, 14:11   Link #513
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
For those who read off Satoh's Twitter post, which left many fuming mad, here's some clarification:

Thank you for posting this in both here and in Lagrange thread. I really hope they are right.
Old 2012-01-17, 15:15   Link #514
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:

As a Marika/Chiaki shipper, I certainly will look out for signs of that. I know that I liked Chiaki's reaction to Marika thanking her for saving her.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:28   Link #515
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I never take them off.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:34   Link #516
Kazu-kun

I'm still worried about the canon yuri though. Yeah, Rin and Jenny are minor characters, but it's still actual yuri and not just subtext. It would suck if they remove that too.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:39   Link #517
chaos_animagic

This series makes me want to join into a "legal" Pirate group...

Where you can do cyber hacks, steal stuff, etc... without any crazy governments on your tail... LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:18   Link #518
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, in today's world, Privateering is illegal by the Declaration of Paris in 1856. Well illegal in Europe at least. The United States did not sign that agreement, but has said it would uphold the ideals at a later date (without signing it). It is rumored that there was an American privateer or two during the Second World War (one or two privately owned blimps that were used to hunt Japanese submarines off the West Coast). And within the last ten years Congressman Ron Paul has suggested the United States return to using Privateers to fight Terrorist.
Old 2012-01-17, 17:38   Link #519
lightsenshi
Author

Odd, I like the anime versions of the characters better....
Old 2012-01-17, 21:50   Link #520
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Director Sato Tatsuo tweeted that he has excluded all the romance elements from Moretsu Pirates and Rinne no Lagrange. He said it's an experimental approach to compose the scripts focusing on the friendships without romance, but he believes something unexpected will be created in such an old-fashioned way.
https://twitter.com/#!/seitenhyohyo/...44022231875585

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=390445

Well, I get what I want. There are so-so-so-so many series focusing on the "romantic" stuff. It's nice to get a breather from that. Y'know, sometimes too much of a good thing can actually be bad. So, once in a while, it's quite good to go on a starkly different direction. And to do it with this series? That's great.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri