AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 13:45   Link #26341
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, pretty much sums it up. One time, she executed a defector by headshot rather than activate the brain-killer nanos, for the sake of gore and to remind the others what could be done for traitors.

going to sleep now.
Old 2012-03-17, 13:52   Link #26342
Eratas123

Can't you tell me about Swuall?

Going to sleep as well.
Old 2012-03-17, 14:03   Link #26343
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One thing can be said, she was quite close to the older cast in the past.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:22   Link #26344
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for my imagining of the IS world if Ichika wasn't there.:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:38   Link #26345
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Basically what happens in Sacred Twins' backstory, except mine is less philosophical and went straight to hell due to the rule of angst.

EDIT: Age also theorized the same, the loss of identity is the biggest, nastiest abuse the men receive.
Old 2012-03-17, 21:59   Link #26346
DarkJak2050

This might be the last unofficial content that I'll post here...

Spoiler for Flashback:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 22:26   Link #26347
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak: we all know you come back even though you keep saying stuff like that.

@zero: That's just putting it lightly. Basically, the world is divided into normal society and the displaced society. The displaced society also has wmen but very few. Also, women in the displaced society have it a lot worse. First off because the men in the displaced society may abuse them; second, because they are considered incapable as both IS pilots and as workers, they lose absolutely all meaning in life.

Spoiler for a world in IS that may exist beyond our knowledge.:
Old 2012-03-17, 22:31   Link #26348
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I somehow reminded again of Beer-can missile concept....

EDIT: Wait, it's different. You gave more insight on the inverted society as a whole. However if 'Displaced society' really exist, wouldn't everyone knew? Or they just kept being silent?
Old 2012-03-17, 22:53   Link #26349
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They ignore it. I took the concept from the women's planet of Megele in Vandread. With women mostly spear heading society's future, they only focus on the good and tend to ignore everything bad that's happening. Of course there are activists here and there, but they are so sparing and few that they are viewed as irrelevant. No one ever talks about the displaced society, very few are aware there is even such a thing. Even amongst those part of the displaced society, they don't realize they are part of it until someone points it out.

Not all in the displaced society are bad. However even those who haven't succumb to basic urges of need succumb to the hopelessness of their situation. For example, a doctor in the displaced society who is actually running a small practice. He has the skills and the drive to help people, however because of society his great abiities are now limited to a small area. You may urge him to go to a larger hospital to be a greater help but he'd jst laugh and politely refuse "I've tried more times than I can count. But it just doesn't work that way anymore."
Old 2012-03-17, 22:58   Link #26350
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn, that's painfully awesome... if only Yuzuru read this and use it as reference rather than pointless and impossibly safe harem antic... (no matter how many times I read V5, I ended up weeping)
Old 2012-03-17, 23:08   Link #26351
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I forgot to mention. This story is where all IS pilots are absolutely female. The girls end up being curious and start to care about this displaced society. Ofcourse being people of practically another world, they don't understand, that's where the protagonist would come in, as their guide.

On the flipside, the girls try to bring the boy into the society where IS is a prominent figure. In here, it's the girls who always have to bail the protagonist out
Old 2012-03-17, 23:16   Link #26352
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And then bittersweet ending strikes where nothing changed except small batch of people...
Old 2012-03-17, 23:19   Link #26353
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: you must be quite the fan of the maker's of CLANNAD or something
Old 2012-03-17, 23:25   Link #26354
HasuMasu
*Artist

Didn't Clannad have a happy ending?
Old 2012-03-17, 23:28   Link #26355
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Incidentally, I stopped being optimistic about anime after watching Gundam SEED and CLANNAD. Before that, I only watch Macross and Gundam for mindless mecha action, disregarding plot and character, much less politics.

@ Box
What I meant is not everyone has happy ending, only few that tries hard to earn it, and even then the hardship is utterly heartwrenching.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:54   Link #26356
demino_hellsin
That one guy

clannad was good, but how it ended was sort of meh for me. And the heartwrenching issues beyond Kotomi's seemed more like a cosmic troll was at work more than anything.

I lost faith in anime when Naruto finished the valley of the end arc. I just scrounge up small gems from the seasonal anime nowadays.

remodelling glas heart:
would Cecilia wielding 2 rifles seem wierd?
Old 2012-03-18, 00:15   Link #26357
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Kind of topic, but which arc is that? Gaara rescue operation?

Yes, weird, she is a sniper, and a sniper only has two kind of weapon: their sniper rifle and backup weapon, be it knifes, Pistol, or SMG, or a combination thereof. Dual wielding is not good for accuracy, no matter if the I.S. handles it, recoil still present and two-handed wielding always more efficient.

Unless you're talking about switch between two rifles, then it's less egregious. Madoka has 2 rifles in Gospel arc, 1 .223-cal hypervelocity coil rifle and a bog standard .565-cal semi-auto rifle.
Old 2012-03-18, 00:20   Link #26358
HasuMasu
*Artist

No, I think he's talking about the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.
Old 2012-03-18, 00:21   Link #26359
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When Sasuke decided to go with the sound village.

Well she'll only dual wield them on occasion. Both of them are compatible with the phalanx bits to change into various kinds of rifles. The second is mostly treated as a back-up rifle.

I'm also imagining that instead of having the phalanx bits attatched to the rifle from the start, they are instead attatched to the 4 larger Blue Tears units. The glass strctures are now small energy condensers(like in gundam 00) instead of making up a large part of the structure.

Basically Cecilia goes from SEED Destiny to 00
Old 2012-03-18, 00:26   Link #26360
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Does not compute

How about one big rifle split into two smaller carbine? Kind of like Strike Freedom's weapon.

off topic again: Seems like every crossover portray GS/GSD mobile suit and their Gundams are inferior than even 00 Grunt suit, jeez.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest