Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 17:21   Link #1121
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I personally don't care about the wait. What i do care about is whether it gets censored(even slightly). If it is, I'll probably not bother buying it.
Does Yen Press censor any of their other titles? I don't follow any of their other series so I have no idea. I flipped through some Haruhi mangas in the bookstore, and the translation looked ok to me. Anyone have any problems with Yen Press?

Can't wait for this to come out so I can be 'legally cool'! I love XLG, but it sort of irritates me how they never translate any of the background text (sound effects, etc).
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 04:45   Link #1122
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So, has anyone speculated about where the anime might end? My apologies if the topic had already been discussed.

My guess would be for the anime to end after the team breaks out of Saya's mansion, right after its defences were compromised. That's likely to be the most appropriate point to stop this season, as Takashi formally becomes the team leader, and the students develop a new resolve to strike out on their own.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 04:53   Link #1123
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I thing thats a good bet for a stopping point as well.. however, almost no character have been fleshed out there .. except Rei and Saya.

Although they might consider Saeko's status as the most favourite character since the very beginning and might included her backstory.. If thats the case, then the end point would probably be the mall arc.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 06:34   Link #1124
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Has the series been confirmed for 1 or 2 cours? AFAIK no official announcement.

That said I prefer 20+ so that they can end with the mall escape and leave us with the Asami cliffhanger ending for the season.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 06:35   Link #1125
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
So, has anyone speculated about where the anime might end? My apologies if the topic had already been discussed.

My guess would be for the anime to end after the team breaks out of Saya's mansion, right after its defences were compromised. That's likely to be the most appropriate point to stop this season, as Takashi formally becomes the team leader, and the students develop a new resolve to strike out on their own.
If it continues to be a one for one of the manga it will be right before they bust out of the mansion...

Spoiler for plot:

Good to see in the preview Rika taking her vest off. This means the first airport sniper scene is going to be animated! So excited.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 12:18   Link #1126
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
This site, as well as most scanlators usually drop a title when it is licensed in the US, due to the extreme resources American companies have. Japanese companies have a hard time getting outside nations(At least until a few weeks ago) to respect their copyright laws, yet most nations(At least in NATO, the EU, and other close tied to the US nations) respect American copyrights. So when a title is licensed by an American company, they CAN reach the people in Europe, Canada, etc. legally(By going through that respective government). Also, US companies usually sell their licensed material(In English) in the other English nations, or give a license to a company is said nation).

The point is, it is MUCH, MUCH, harder to fight and ignore the American legal system than it is the Japanese legal system because the US has such a long reach. Russia and China does not respect US copyright laws, but how many groups from these nations do you see scanlating into English.

However, in the end when a group drop a project the one who is most hurt is me ,who live in the s**t 3rd world, if it's already complicated for you, imagine for me...for example if i wanted to buy the "licensed" i would have to IMPORT from the US ( or wait to someday to be released here, and it will of course be even more overpriced and with less quality)

Last edited by karuroso; 2010-07-27 at 12:41.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 12:19   Link #1127
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Has the series been confirmed for 1 or 2 cours? AFAIK no official announcement.
Not sure. Anime News Network lists up to only 13 episodes, so it appears to be a single-season show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
If it continues to be a one for one of the manga it will be right before they bust out of the mansion...

Spoiler for plot:
You're basing that, no doubt, on the current one chapter per episode pace. However, there is no certainty that the anime would follow the manga slavishly. I'm very pleased, for example, with how Ep4 was adapted. It gives me hope that the production committee might exercise the initiative to edit and rearrange scenes to fit the anime's pace.

And I still don't know how Rika fits into the bigger picture, other than being Shizuka's friend, from whom the kids got their heavy weaponry. That being the case, it would suck if the season ends with her at the airport after the lights go out. The focus should be on the kids instead, as they break out of the mansion, and with Saya watching her parents facing a seemingly doomed battle. That would make a far better cliffhanger ending, no?

The screenwriters have even managed to improve on the manga in certain places. So, there's a possibility that they'd speed up the pace over the next few episodes so as to have the season resolve at Saya's mansion. Thematically, it would be the right place to end, even though Saeko and Kouta's characters would not yet have been developed at that stage.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 02:52   Link #1128
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I would think that the author planned, at some point, to reunite Rika with the group somehow.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:26   Link #1129
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
However, in the end when a group drop a project the one who is most hurt is me ,who live in the s**t 3rd world, if it's already complicated for you, imagine for me...for example if i wanted to buy the "licensed" i would have to IMPORT from the US ( or wait to someday to be released here, and it will of course be even more overpriced and with less quality)
You know you could try and get another to pick it up because there are those out there who don't care about licensing at all. How do you think many licensed titles still gets translated.
Old 2010-07-28, 16:50   Link #1130
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I personally don't care about the wait. What i do care about is whether it gets censored(even slightly). If it is, I'll probably not bother buying it.
I've seen worse in manga (although the kaya gigadrill comes close), so I doubt it would get censored. It might be shrinkwrapped though. I'm not on a moral crusade here, but I for one will definitely import it once a couple of volumes are out, since I enjoyed reading it. A little bit of censoring wouldn't bother me.

On another note, I stand corrected - it looks like the SRT chick is gonna appear in the anime after all, given that she's in the preview for next week. I'm still hoping that they'll cut out the airport drama and focus on the main party, but that is looking a bit like wishful thinking now.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 18:02   Link #1131
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Oh, I understand how your situation sucks, I was just explaining why many groups drop a series when it is licensed by an American company(Including this site)
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 10:16   Link #1132
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know you could try and get another to pick it up because there are those out there who don't care about licensing at all. How do you think many licensed titles still gets translated.
and don't forget the miracle of Internet and scanner
Licensing just make the pirates attracted to it.

....you know...human have instinct to break the rules, like sniff out something hidden, and so on...that's how their species survive in this harsh planet. They fight back any obstacle in their way...the bigger the obstacle is, the more they attracted to it.

And "License" is just one of tiny obstacle in human world....and it's in nature laws that something come from a species, can be destroyed by it's own creator
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 11:00   Link #1133
dredmorte

If I posted a picture of myself holding a Knights Armament SR-25 Rifle (modified AR-10), with glasses and an evil smile... would that count as fanart?

ps: sadly, i do not have the scope and bipod yet , nor am i AS fat as hirano
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 14:46   Link #1134
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Does anyone think that the author will "add" anymore dangers other than the zombies?

I mean I expect them to be "used" to the slow moving albelt, often appear out of nowhere behind someone zombies sometime down the line.

There needs to another "danger" soon imo to keep up the horror intensity. Unless you guys think it's fine as it is with only having slow guys with the occasional ninja one killing people.

Opinions?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 16:46   Link #1135
Johnny
Working the bags...

Other people, for example our self proclaimed messiah whackjob Mr. Shido...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 17:48   Link #1136
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
There would bound to be more people willing to take advantage of the situation like scavengers who'd prey on the other survivors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
If I posted a picture of myself holding a Knights Armament SR-25 Rifle (modified AR-10), with glasses and an evil smile... would that count as fanart?

ps: sadly, i do not have the scope and bipod yet , nor am i AS fat as hirano
I'd be very jealous.

You can't imagine how badly I want to own an SR-25 but gun regulations over here have that dream in taters.

My only chance is to join the Army to get to use one.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 18:32   Link #1137
dredmorte

An Airsoft replica will cost you less than 300 euros/dollars.
Looks exacly the same.
Ultra cheap ammo.
LOTS of fun to be had with friends.

dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 20:20   Link #1138
christinemarie
Crazy One

Chapter 27 October 2010
Chapter 28 Feb 2011
Chapter 29 June 2011

It would take years before this series would end. So I hope they should just fast paced the whole manga in the 13 episodes anime, probably a second season as well next year area then make a movie to end this series.

There would be other trouble other than those zombies, Since the zombie animal is not yet introduced.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 23:33   Link #1139
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I doubt this series gonna end that well. It was a fun ride, but the bi-monthly release and theme hinder the story progression a lot, which most likely will make it has a cliffhanger ending or even worse, unfinished because of the author's other business. Better to just enjoy it while it last I guess.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 00:16   Link #1140
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Chapter 27 October 2010
Chapter 28 Feb 2011
Chapter 29 June 2011

It would take years before this series would end. So I hope they should just fast paced the whole manga in the 13 episodes anime, probably a second season as well next year area then make a movie to end this series.

There would be other trouble other than those zombies, Since the zombie animal is not yet introduced.
Holy crap, is this official.

I thought the next chapter was in September.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies