AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 02:54   Link #1
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan (Ryofuko-chan)

Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan (Ryofuko-chan)

(hey look at this pic...its a different type of imageshack thumbnail)

Title: Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan (Ryofuko-chan) (OVA)
Premier (Release Date): December 2007
Original Creator: Suzuki Jirou
Official Website: http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/ryofuko/

The StarChild announced that it will go to produce a series of OVA of Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase! Ryofuko-chan. With a total of four volumes, the DVDs will be launched monthly from December of 2007. Originally, Ryofuko-chan is one livens up shown in the history of Souta-kun in the Akihabara Funtouki, manga of comedy of Jirou Suzuki that also will go to gain a version livened up in OVA this year.

Ryofuko is actually a story within a story; along with Papiko, it was incorporated into Suzuki Jirou’s manga Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki that started serialization in 2001 and finished in July 2007. Hence, its relation between Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki.

Plot:

In Ryofuko-chan, the progatonist is a Warrior Angel who desires to reach the rank higher of the category, and for in such a way she must collect seven jewels for the Emperor, beyond defeating 10 a thousand warriors more than.

In turn, history of Souta-kun shows a youngster apparently normal but hides their namorada from friends and is actually an otaku, until the day where the manager of a store criticizes her for having shame of his hobby and it is from then on she decides to say the truth about her namorada. (Souta-kun is a girl...I think )

(~Taken from animenetwork~....soz...I'm completely lost to tell you the truth...I didn't really know how to translate the page...hopefully...this makes it a little clear.)

Plot #2:

The summary found on Wikipedia JP describes the story of Warrior Angels striving to receive the highest rank a Warrior Angel can receive–to be called Musou Tenshi (tl: Matchless Angel). The story focuses on a rori Warrior Angel Ryofu Housen, Ryofuko-chan. She needs to present seven gems from the battle arena to her Emperor, she also needs a good track record of taken heads from other warrios, say… ten thousand of them. With the assistance of another rori Warrior Angel, Chinkyou Koudai, the Emperor just might grant her that title.

(~Taken from Densetsu Shoujo~)

There is also an announcement of the series over here as well, which includes 2 more new pictures.

Here's the link to the site: - http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gfantasy/topics/

Here's the new pics: -

Last edited by jcdranzer; 2007-07-29 at 03:12.
Old 2007-12-07, 19:29   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Stars Matsuoka Yuki (Evangeline AK McDowell in Negima, Tsuruya-san in Haruhi, Setsuna in Kyuoushiro to Towa no Sora), with Wakamoto Norio and Nakata Jouji. Directed by Moriyama Yuji, who did Shrine of the Morning Mist.

Four-episode OVA. Release schedule:
episode 1: 26 December 2007
episode 2: 23 January 2008
episode 3: 27 February 2008
episode 4: 25 March 2008

There is a 17-minute preview episode here. Lots of l*li semi-nudity going on, along with general batshit craziness. I especially liked the scene where the heroine and her horse were on the dock, chowing down together by taking bites out of the head of a raw tuna that fishermen had just brought in.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-07 at 20:59.
Old 2007-12-27, 12:53   Link #3
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler:

Final comment? I want more Ryofuko-chan reckless.
Old 2007-12-27, 14:02   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency View Post
VAs must had pumped up for this show. I'll save the cast listing it to Kaoru Chujo. ...
Good guess. I have to say I enjoyed the VAs more than the show, but it was hilarious in spots.

Ryoufuko is played by Matsuoka Yuki. I thought she was great as Setsuna in Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora, and good as Tsuruoka-san in Suzumiya Haruhi. Her sidekick Chin Kyuu is Nishimura Chinami, who was Aria in ARIA and Kannabi-no-mikoto in AIR. But the star of the piece was Wakamoto Norio as the teddy bear.

There's a nice character page on the official site. Here's a translation of the names as laid out there, with the names of the VAs:

Ryoufuko (Matsuoka Yuki), Chin Kyuu (Nishimura Chinami)
Wakamoto Norio (Kou Jun), Yoshino Hiroyuki (Sou Sou)
Nakata Jouji (Kakou Ton), Shiratori Yuri (Eri)
Noda Junko (Asumi), Satou Akemi (Rena)
Tateno Kanako (Nami), Sonobe Keiichi (Sekitome)

And the two fishermen are played by Madono Mitsuaki and Yanada Kiyoyuki.

But the OVA I'm more eager to see is the all-3DCG Hoshi no Umi no Amuri, with Makino Yui, Saitou Momoko, Aizawa Michiru, Noto Mamiko, and Kaneda Tomoko. Even though it was released on 21 December, it hasn't yet shown up anywhere.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-27, 18:54   Link #5
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Hgihly enjoyable.
Old 2007-12-31, 02:13   Link #6
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Should everyone have watched the bonus track(video) by whatever means, you can see VA in person.

Spoiler:

Laugh guaranteed.
Old 2008-02-01, 07:13   Link #7
Thany
Unfair

The first two OAV have been subbed BTW (findable on TT for those interested )
It's very lolilicious btw^^

Last edited by Thany; 2008-02-01 at 09:29.
Old 2008-02-02, 11:57   Link #8
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

So, why haven't the files been listed on AnimeSuki? Since this is in the Fansubbed-section, it's kinda stupid when you can't even find the subs from main page.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:34   Link #9
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz View Post
So, why haven't the files been listed on AnimeSuki? Since this is in the Fansubbed-section, it's kinda stupid when you can't even find the subs from main page.
You don't look well enough
EP1
EP2
Both MKV iirc (also it's not fully done yet, apparently gonna be rereleased later as v2 for both eps).

Last edited by Thany; 2008-02-09 at 04:45. Reason: missing ')' annoys me somehow :p
Old 2008-02-02, 17:26   Link #10
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Of course I had the episodes already, I was just pointing out that there are no subs listed on AnimeSuki for the show even though there's a thread about the show in the Fansubbed-section of this forum, which is kinda stupid.

Also, there will be no re-release, at least not one that would have anything to do with [Underwater].
Old 2008-02-03, 01:17   Link #11
Thany
Unfair

I meant it was mentioned there would be a rerelease, also underwater isn't really a fansub group, the name was just taken for the fun from what I read.
Old 2008-02-07, 03:59   Link #12
JediNight
キズランダム

Anyone able to clue me in on what this is actually about? lol...

I thought I heard somewhere that one of the chibi lolis is supposed to be Ghengis Khan or something? 0_o
Old 2008-02-07, 12:31   Link #13
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Anyone able to clue me in on what this is actually about? lol...

I thought I heard somewhere that one of the chibi lolis is supposed to be Ghengis Khan or something? 0_o
I'll quote some blogger for this:

Quote:
Ever sit around all day and wonder, “You know what would be great? If they made an anime about Cao Cao and the rest of the players from the Three Kingdoms era, but put them as melonpanriffic high school girls who beat each other up?” Well, you’re about to be heavily, sincerely, utterly disappointed by the OVA Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase! Ryofuko-chan. This series is about Cao Cao and Ryofuko form the Three Kingdoms era getting transported to our modern world and turned into flat-chested lolis in grade school. How tripped out did the creator have to be to come up with this one? It’s like Ichigo Mashimaro mixed with Dokuro-chan plus Chinese warlords. This series almost puts my Moe of the Dead idea to shame. Ryoufuko-chan is what Kodomo no Jikan tried to be: a racy, funny comedy about DFC lolis, only this one has actual funny moments. (Watch for the Mesousa cameos!) There’s also a good deal of fanservice (as the second story is about the girls getting physical examinations) [...] Guiltiest of guilty pleasures.
Seriously it's kind of like that
Old 2008-02-07, 14:02   Link #14
JediNight
キズランダム

That's a good quote about the Ichigo Mashimaro/Dokuro line lol...

Quote:
How tripped out did the creator have to be to come up with this one?
I told my friend that I think he was drunk off his rocker after a night out drinking at an office enkai actually ;D

I like the voice-acting work though. I forget her name, but I've always liked the VA used for Ryofuko, and of course Wakamoto Norio as Koujun is win as well. (Other role you might recognize is the narrator from Hayate no Gotoku, or the Emperor in Code Geass)

I find it funny that they just completely ignore explaining why they fall out of the sky and only Ryofuko and his retainer were turned into lolis...
Old 2008-02-09, 04:15   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz View Post
Feel free to PM one of the AnimeSuki Site Staff or (as Thany just did) post the torrent in the Torrent Submissions forum. It's impossible to read every post in every thread so posts such as this can get missed

Anyway, torrents now added.
Old 2008-02-09, 07:23   Link #16
Leedizzle

There is a God after all.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:23   Link #17
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
This looks to be a pretty cute ova series (I love ovas because they are a welcome relief from 24-26 episode series).
Old 2008-02-09, 13:57   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Episode 2 was awesome. Fast passed and cute, but not too dirty like other similar series.
Rena's the cutest in episode 1 & 2.

OH gwad now I've gone and lost my soul!

* Goes off to steal a soul.
Old 2008-02-10, 19:39   Link #19
AnimeFan188

Ryofuko-chan

Series description:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8448

Is this series supposed to be a cross between a magical girl show, and
a loli version of Ikki Tousen?
Old 2008-02-11, 01:42   Link #20
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Series description:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8448

Is this series supposed to be a cross between a magical girl show, and
a loli version of Ikki Tousen?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51865
It's lolified Lu Bu from 3 Kingdom, imagine Ikki Tousen with lolis fanservices instead (and more comedy too)

Tags
loli, shounen