Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-14, 04:27   Link #13061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Where did all of this "Suzaku's abilities are supernatural" bit come from, anyway? Physically, he's displayed nothing my karate trainers aren't capable of doing. Right down to the spinzaku kick.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:27   Link #13062
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I think he's referring to the dropped plotline that linked Suzaku to Geass...it was toyed with in R1, but ultimately abandoned to focus on the bigger picture.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:28   Link #13063
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Where did all of this "Suzaku's abilities are supernatural" bit come from, anyway? Physically, he's displayed nothing my karate trainers aren't capable of doing. Right down to the spinzaku kick.
Including out running a machine gun with .05 reaction time, running up a wall, and kicking it off the ceiling?
Old 2008-08-14, 04:29   Link #13064
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I think he's referring to the dropped plotline that linked Suzaku to Geass...it was toyed with in R1, but ultimately abandoned to focus on the bigger picture.
I know what he's talking about, but where'd it come from? People talk about it all the time and call it hax, when really, all it is is karate, which he got from Toudou, supplemented with combat training, which he got from the military. There's nothing "unnatural" about it.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:30   Link #13065
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, there is the example provided by Orga...karate aside, no-one can do what Suzaku did to that turret, honestly. Or very few can, but note the reaction time.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:30   Link #13066
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Sunrise told us. This is back in season 1, when they were giving out spoilers on the internet to generate interest.

And if your karate trainers can out-run a machine gun and wall-run, they should be in the Olympics right now.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:33   Link #13067
Orga777

Quote:
Likely even that--he's not a black belt for nothing and has kicked me across a room. It takes a lot, but since Suzaku's been trained since childhood, its not all that unbelievable.
I don't think you understand how fast .05 really is then. Seriously, that is in MICROSECONDS. It is IMPOSSIBLE to dodge the way he did.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:33   Link #13068
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, yeah, after rewatching the scene, that looks unnatural. But everything else he's displayed are pretty natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I don't think you understand how fast .05 really is then. Seriously, that is in MICROSECONDS. It is IMPOSSIBLE to dodge the way he did.
More like its been a while since I saw the scene and it seemed a lot slower last time I watched it. Which is why I went back and removed that half of the post.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:36   Link #13069
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Hm, I'm still not sure about his first showing of Spinzaku...the way he flew across half the room rounding up his strike before he actually did it.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:37   Link #13070
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Hm, I'm still not sure about his first showing of Spinzaku...the way he flew across half the room rounding up his strike before he actually did it.
I wish that was unnatural, but I've seen that done before.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:40   Link #13071
pitadotcom
i like junior members....

maybe suzaku is a newtype lol
Old 2008-08-14, 04:40   Link #13072
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

A little information would be nice though. I mean it took them all of one EP to tie up C.C.'s past so half an Ep or even a flash back would be nice.

They have done a good job of tying up the loose ends so far so i hope we get some explanation for it at least.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:40   Link #13073
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually his skills being of a supernatural origin has been hinted in C.C saying that it might have something to do with him being able to sense her (among other things)
and his spinzaku kick has been around since ep 1 (he even does it in the lancelot)
Old 2008-08-14, 04:41   Link #13074
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I wish that was unnatural, but I've seen that done before.
The whole point about Suzaku, is that he HAS unnatural physical skills, but he rarely needed to show any more than what an ordinary person can do.

It has to be kept that way, because whatever "big reveal" Suzaku is going to do at the end of the series has to be kept a secret until then.

There is a reason Sunrise claim a combined team of Suzaku and Lulu with his Geass is invincible; Suzaku is that powerful.

All we know is that Suzaku is a human. So he isn't an android or an alien. Otherthan that Sunrise is keeping their mouths shut and not telling us any more.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:41   Link #13075
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Yes, but again- the plotline relating Suzaku to Geass was dropped. There probably won't be any explanation. To ZeroSama and blade here.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:42   Link #13076
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yes, but again- the plotline relating Suzaku to Geass was dropped. There probably won't be any explanation.
Who said it was dropped? Source?
Old 2008-08-14, 04:44   Link #13077
Orga777

Quote:
Yes, but again- the plotline relating Suzaku to Geass was dropped. There probably won't be any explanation. To ZeroSama and blade here.
Um, why? There are still seven episodes left and it won't take long to explain it. Less than one episode. There is no evidence that it was dropped either. First, we haven't seen that much of him in R2. Second, he doesn't know about it himself. They can't possibly leave it hanging. It will be explained sooner or later. Most likely near the end I would say.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:44   Link #13078
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The whole point about Suzaku, is that he HAS unnatural physical skills, but he rarely needed to show any more than what an ordinary person can do.

It has to be kept that way, because whatever "big reveal" Suzaku is going to do at the end of the series has to be kept a secret until then.

There is a reason Sunrise claim a combined team of Suzaku and Lulu with his Geass is invincible; Suzaku is that powerful.

All we know is that Suzaku is a human. So he isn't an android or an alien. Otherthan that Sunrise is keeping their mouths shut and not telling us any more.
I was just referring to the one kick he did on Lelouch in R2 ep. 2, that I know is physically possible as I've seen it done before. I'm not denying his abilities anymore, I'm just saying they can't be supernatural except for the one kick the turret bit.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:45   Link #13079
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
yes
but until it was dropped they let him do some pretty awesome shit
once dropped he was made just one more super ace among others rather then an avatar of mecha combat
Old 2008-08-14, 04:45   Link #13080
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, ever since...hm, well, Stage 19, and 22 when he was able to see C.C.'s astral projection...whatever, his connection hasn't been brought up since then. It's safe to assume the plotline was abandoned by Taniguchi and Okouchi themselves. My opinion, but honestly, with things like the betrayal of the BKs at hand, Ragnarok and other things, how will they solve this when it's been practically deserted?
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories