AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 13:36   Link #41
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Gotham Knight tends to tell Batman in different POV. As a detective, as the Dark Knight, his legends, as the playboy hunk Bruce Wayne, yeah I know he looks like Itsuki from Haruhi...

Spawn was a good series, though dropped it after it went high-tech on the comics. But non the less the cartoon animation was a great watch.

Also Kevin Conroy will do Batman's voice on specials, like gotham knight and the ova Superman/Batman Public enemies. He also voiced Dick Grayson's father in the series THE BATMAN which is somewhat of a Jackie-chan adventures style of Batman, though not minding the art, the story acs are good, but some of the fav batman villains weren't animated like the Scarecrow which some fans are disappointed.

Thor animated going bearded or beardless is ok with me since he's Thor. Just don't redesign his hammer.
Old 2009-09-13, 14:01   Link #42
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

From the promontional image on the site I linked, he looks like the comics. Blond hair reminescent of 80s hair bands and a clean face. The hammer looks a bit more worn for wear than the comic version, but it's the same size and look overall. Granted, the series is still a year away, so there could be changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Yeah it's a cool character, I love detective episodes. But I would like to see Batman have this skill . His design is very disturbing... no face :/.

Well, Question (a strange name ) is a bit... how to say...paranoiac no?
That's just a flesh-colored mask he wears. And that's why his name is the Question. He questions everything and is a conspiracy theorist, to the point of connecting boy bands and Global Warming.

Justice League Unlimited was more of a spin-off to show off all of DC's many other heroes, rather than focusing on the seven founding members. The're considered two different shows. So naturally, it would hard to do multi-episode stories and long-term character development for over 50+ characters in 39 episodes.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 18:30   Link #43
BanishingBook

^ - I'm amazed by how the Question can find a connection between a hamburger and Darkseid. I do doubt though that he has better detective skills than Bats. <-- Batfanboy. Hahaha
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 02:10   Link #44
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah, Batman must be THE detective . But Question is a very interesting guy. So Question have a face ha, how can he see with that flesh-colored mask .
I hope there will be more episodes with him (or with Batman ).

About Justice League Unlimited, there are too much heros in my opinion! It would be more interesting to develop stories with the seven founding members.
Green Arrow, Huntress, Supergirl..., it looks boring . Well I will watch to the the end because I watch a part of an episode in youtube called "The Flash - Speed Force". It looks incredible! So there must be some good episodes.

Oh so The Batman had the same chara design as Jackie Chan! Ahahahah that's why THe Batman reminded me a serie... I hate this design! I don't like a lot of episodes. Ok there are some good episodes with Joker or Dr Strange...
Old 2009-09-14, 13:56   Link #45
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Oh so The Batman had the same chara design as Jackie Chan! Ahahahah that's why THe Batman reminded me a serie... I hate this design! I don't like a lot of episodes. Ok there are some good episodes with Joker or Dr Strange...

Personal episode I liked in the BAtman is Artifacts where we see the old DARK KNIGHT version of Batman.

That design was first used as a tribute to Frank Miller in BTAS Legends of the Dark Knight, the the episode Artifacts on The Batman then on Batman the Brave and the Bold on "Legends of the Batmite". Hope they do a REAL ova of the Dark Knight where Batman is old.

also Batman is not called the "WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE" for nothing. So Question comes in second in the DC universe if it means detective work.

Too bad now our Batman is Dick Grayson...
Old 2009-09-14, 14:49   Link #46
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah I watched this episode, it was good. I like some episodes of The Batman like "Strange New World" (the end of this episode is amazing), "Riddled" (with the Riddler), or "The Rubberface of Comedy" (which is a bit sad).

But there are too much bad episodes in my opinion! Someone watched Season 5 of The Batman? I don't watch it, is it good? It's with Justice League...(it seems).

If you have memories about The Batman, can you tell which episode is your best, I will watch it .

Batman, Dick Grayson? WTH? It's a comics?

I watched some episode of Justice League Unlimited: she's back, she's back
Old 2009-09-14, 16:12   Link #47
Rurik
Golden

Good thread Albafica, I could say that from what you can take out of American animation, these superheroes based cartoons were the best, especially those from the Diniverse (Paul Dini’s version of DC comics).

My main problem with the marvel franchise is the lack of real violence and sometimes silly fights. That were Paul Dini broke grounds with Batman TAS, he actually put the character using Guns that actually shoot bullet (and not laser), He made the characters throw punch that actually Landed on someone face, If you see The old X-men Series or Spider Man, maybe you will see that a couple of time in the entire series run, and it got old. In the case of X-men, the animation quality was lacking, unlike the Diniverse which always maintained a standard.

Quote:
But for me you can't beat the triumvirate of Batman, Superman and Justice League. Great cartoons but also really good television in general.
Agree, While The original X-men series was a great series, it lacked some element, specially visually, The story telling was good, Like the award wining Night of the sentinels, but the visual where sometimes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Superman is the worst super hero ever imo. He has too many powers and his only weakness is Kryptonite, which everybody seems to have.
That’s why Dineverse version is fun to watch, you see a more down to earth Superman.

Quote:
What is FF4? Final fantasy 4? *_*
Fantastic Four, it was a very good series in syndication that also included Iron Man, while the first season didn’t had such good quality, the second season was the bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Now there are other things that can pound Superman, aside from Kryptonite. That's just his basic weakness, kinda like a bullet for human beings.
He has problem with electricity also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Does anyone think those studios will have the guts to faithfully animate frame-by-frame, scene-by-scene from the edgier comics where we have gore and sexual themes going on anytime soon ?
NO. and not only because of the rating problem, but because those American produced animation never liked (or did) a full animation of an already released story, sometimes they do take the base idea, but not something like you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I couldn't get used to the Brave and the Bold since Kevin Conroy didn't voice Batman.
Every time Kevin Conroy is not casted as the voice of Batman, Kitten’s die >__<, heck I wished that in both Batman Begin and Dark Night, The Director would voice over Christian Bale for Kevin Conroy.

He is so perfect for voicing Batman, that is why the video game Batman Arkham Asylum was so good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I liked the Brave and the Bold as well, a change of pace from the more serious Batman series we're used to. I feel like Batman and Batman-related characters always outshine the other DC heroes, especially in the Justice League (+Unlimited) series.
Because Batman was haxed in that universe, remember that Paul Dini started with Batman, so is sort of a Bias that exists.

About the other characters, I don’t know, it is true that when a Villain from Batman appeared they outshined other characters (which was at best 3 or 4 times), but Seldom they appeared, as We saw a good amount of villains from other Heroes, Like Lex Luthor that appeared quite a lot in the series, heck, the entire first season of Unlimited was based around Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I thought it was Hal Jordan, if you are talking about the 2 part episodes where a group of heroes are trapped in a time traveling devise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
Edit* by the way I'm a very big Marvel/DC fan. Justice league Unlimited is probably my favorite DC series, and Xmen Evolution is my favorite marvel series. Of cours the 90's Xmen had the best theme song!

What I didn’t liked about X-men evolution was that turning Jean and Scott as teenagers, they totally destroyed the Logan-Scott-Jean love drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I personally think it wasn't about race and it really does add a uniqueness to the league, comics or animation-wise.
It was because of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
While not DC or Marvel, the Spawn animated series from 10 years ago was rather gory I believe, but that aired on and was produced by HBO. And well. . . it's Spawn. They're making new series about Spawn if anyone is interested.
One of the best comic book series ever made, mostly in part because it was 100% faith full to the comic book and it had no restriction, I always wished one of those Cable channel do the same with wolverine, can you imagine Logan doing use of his claw like he does in his Comic books?

Quote:
About Stewart, I love his personality, he's cool . I don't know Hal Jordan so I will not say anything about him. But is he in the Green Lantern movie? I will try to get this movie .
Hal is better, and Yeah he is going to be in the movie, Ryan Reynolds is going to be the actor >__<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think you're referring to the Question. He is possibly the only DC hero with better detective skills than Batman, and he is one of my favorites from JLU.
Nope, He is not a better detective than Batman, he is just paranoid, and given he is a conspiracy theorist he tends to create connections for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
also Batman is not called the "WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE" for nothing. So Question comes in second in the DC universe if it means detective work.
Word

Quote:
Too bad now our Batman is Dick Grayson...
That isn’t going to last, But Grayson does has very good analytical skills.

Quote:
Batman, Dick Grayson? WTH? It's a comics?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 20:24   Link #48
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
One of the best comic book series ever made, mostly in part because it was 100% faith full to the comic book and it had no restriction, I always wished one of those Cable channel do the same with wolverine, can you imagine Logan doing use of his claw like he does in his Comic books?
They did make a few changes, like the end of the Billy Kincaid saga. It was more sentimental in the animation. And David Keith is an awesome voice actor(and he's a decent movie actor too). I loved his portrayal of Spawn.

They're rumored to be redoing the movie with a bigger budget. Take that as you will. . .

Spike TV could probably do it, they did air Afro Samurai. And since that was a hit, they might be willing to put it on air if the powers that be allow it.

Quote:
I thought it was Hal Jordan, if you are talking about the 2 part episodes where a group of heroes are trapped in a time traveling devise.
That was Hal Jordan, I forgot that he appeared.

But Kyle appears as well, he's on Oa.

^That's him.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-09-14 at 20:38.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 03:40   Link #49
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ok I watched Justice League Unlimited until episode 78 "Divided We Fall" (season 4), and these last episodes were incredible. But Justice League is better than Unlimited in my opinion, "star-crossed" remains my favourite triple episode.
So Flash was the "hero" of episode 78 (that funny flash!), he "kills" Brainiac with Speed Force, it was an incredible moment with an epic soundtrack. The Luthor's plot was intelligent and last episodes were tragic for Justice League.

Episodes with the Question are very good, he's a cool character (and ugly ). Huntress and Question are cute. I would like to see a Question cartoon...

My best character of Justice League remains Batman! The best super hero with no super powers.

I hope the last season will be as good as this one.

Quote:
If you see The old X-men Series or Spider Man, maybe you will see that a couple of time in the entire series run, and it got old. In the case of X-men, the animation quality was lacking, unlike the Diniverse which always maintained a standard.
Yeah you're right, I watched the old X-men series this year and the animation was old . I watched a lot of old DC cartoon this year, and it wasn't too difficult to watch, especially Batman TAS.

I don't like Superman but yeah, he's a bit "human" in Superman serie/Justice League. You can watch Smallville if you want that...

Quote:
Fantastic Four, it was a very good series in syndication that also included Iron Man, while the first season didn’t had such good quality, the second season was the bomb.
I never liked the Fantastic Four, I though these heros were not very charismatic (I prefer masked heros like Spiderman, Wolverine). But perhaps I will try some episodes again! Is it as good as a DC animation (I speak about Batman, Superman, Justice League)?

Quote:
What I didn’t liked about X-men evolution was that turning Jean and Scott as teenagers, they totally destroyed the Logan-Scott-Jean love drama.
Yeah they did a Rogue/Scott/Jean . Well I would like to see Rogue and Scott together... In Wolverine and the X-men, it looks like Rogue love Wolverine?

Quote:
Hal is better, and Yeah he is going to be in the movie, Ryan Reynolds is going to be the actor >__<
Oh no... I would prefer John Stewart! Well I don't know Hal so yeah perhaps he's better than John...

Supergirl is hot .
Old 2009-09-15, 04:09   Link #50
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The re-vamping of the timeline and series means something to play with the animators and the writters. It gives more freedom and lets the other characters be explored and be more developed. Much like Kitty Pride aka Shadow cat that is now given more air time with the Xmen and Wolverine's storylines.

Hmm...Jubilee...like a sister...X-23 is like a daughter Logan never had...Kitty pride a young teenage girl which he guides... now the teen version Rogue

Man Logan likes them young! Oldman Logan is turning into a lolicon over the years

No wonder he didn't get it with Electra, Pyslocke, Strom(Xmen cartoons 90's Days of Future past) and Jean.
Old 2009-09-15, 08:32   Link #51
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I never liked the Fantastic Four, I though these heros were not very charismatic (I prefer masked heros like Spiderman, Wolverine). But perhaps I will try some episodes again! Is it as good as a DC animation (I speak about Batman, Superman, Justice League)?
I dindnt liked the first season animation, but After that the animation quality is great, It hard to really trump over the DC animasion, more because the style, but Shows like Fantastic Four and Iron-Man had very good animation that could go on par with the DC universe animation (if memeory serves me right).

And Give it a try, as Fantastic Four had lost of Marvel universe guest apperance, like Thor, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Dare Devil, e.t.c. and Human Torch and the Thing where really great characters.

There were also a Silver Surfer series that had one of the best animation (it combined normal animation with 3D animation) of any of this series, IMO, it had the most visually stuning moments of any other Comic book based cartoon.
Old 2009-09-15, 10:06   Link #52
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OMG GUYS!!!

PLANET HULK ANIMATED!!!

INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!

This is on the TOP of my DVD cartoon buy lists on 2010!!!!

<<<Hulk fan also.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:25   Link #53
Albafica
Pisces no saint

How can you like this green guy! I don't like his design at all! I hate his first movie, I hate the character in X-men. Well it's the same as Fantastic Four, their design don't please me.

I will try season 2 of Fantastic Four, perhaps characters are good, but it's the chara design the main problem for me...
Well Spectacular Spiderman had the same problem but it was a good show...

DC seems to have better heros.

Old 2009-09-15, 11:42   Link #54
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
How can you like this green guy! I don't like his design at all! I hate his first movie, I hate the character in X-men. Well it's the same as Fantastic Four, their design don't please me.
Hulk was meant to be an ugly over powered monster since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created him. What I like about him is that Stan Lee in his comic books and animation DVD videos explains what are the origins and what drives a super hero to be like that.

Quote:
"I combined Jekyll and Hyde with Frankenstein," he explains, "and I got myself the monster I wanted, who was really good, but nobody knew it. He was also somebody who could change from a normal man into a monster, and lo, a legend was born." Lee remembers, "I had always loved the old movie Frankenstein. And it seemed to me that the monster, played by Boris Karloff, wasn't really a bad guy. He was the good guy. He didn't want to hurt anybody. It's just those idiots with torches kept running up and down the mountains, chasing him and getting him angry. And I thought, 'Wouldn't it be fun to create a monster and make him the good guy?'"

Quote:
Yes Hawk Girl is hawt!
Old 2009-09-15, 11:52   Link #55
Rurik
Golden

Quote:

DC seems to have better heros.
Actually they are not that better, it just that Diniverse made what DC comics universe should really had been, as the only real outstanding Character is Bat-Man, and after the big 6 (Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman and Aquaman..all of the Golden Age super heroes), the other DC super Heroes seems more like fill ins.

Whereas the Marvel universe tries to give depth in each character, and have a even bigger variety To name a few, You Have Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine (Inside Wizards Mag top 200 super-heroes of all time ended up in #1) , Spider Man, Dare Devil, Fantastic Four, X-men, Doctor Strange, The Punisher.

Heh, All of this except for Wolverine and Punisher were created by Stan the MAN Lee!!!!
Old 2009-09-15, 12:02   Link #56
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

And too boot that the WOLVERINE first appeared in a Hulk comic! That is the reason why the Hulk is part in the Wolverine's storyline since that is his roots, before the secret origins came in.

Also great super heroes last in time having great villains. In DC Batman's Rogue's gallery is filled with villains which he all put in Arkham. Which in contrast Spiderman has a large amount of villains too.

Seems Stan Lee and Bob Kane's 2 super heroes are the ones gonna last for generations in the comics and animations.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:20   Link #57
BanishingBook

Can we have the World War Hulk animated please? Oh I do hope so. I'll be expecting him next year.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:20   Link #58
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Because Batman was haxed in that universe, remember that Paul Dini started with Batman, so is sort of a Bias that exists.

About the other characters, I don’t know, it is true that when a Villain from Batman appeared they outshined other characters (which was at best 3 or 4 times), but Seldom they appeared, as We saw a good amount of villains from other Heroes, Like Lex Luthor that appeared quite a lot in the series, heck, the entire first season of Unlimited was based around Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Nope, He is not a better detective than Batman, he is just paranoid, and given he is a conspiracy theorist he tends to create connections for everything.
He may have been unrealistically powerful, but his character/reputation made him the most interesting for me. And though they didn't appear often, episodes with the Joker tended to be exceptional.

In the show he was on-par with him, I've never read Question's comics so I can't compare.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:25   Link #59
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Question uses more of the detective work like solving a puzzle, while Batman's obsession to hunt down the criminals he'll go to the line and use any means possible the only line he doesn't draw is killing people.

Well not in Dark Sied's case anyways since it's a no choice fight for survival.
Old 2009-09-16, 01:34   Link #60
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah Stan Lee develop Hulk's psychology but I don't know I can't tie up with Hulk , I think it's his design... A bit...strange .
Well I don't read a lot of comics so... and most of them are DC comics (Arkham Asylum, Year One, Killing joke...).

My best DC hero is Batman, and my best Marvel hero is Spider-man!

We follow Question a lot of time in this last episodes of JLU, and he discovers a lot of thing about Lex Luthor's plot. But Batman seems to know a lot too, he tells to Superman that he was manipulated by Luthor and Waller. This waller say that he knows everything when Batman come to see her and tell the truth about Luthor, the cannon.... 6 founding members "surrender" to the Government but Batman continued his investigation. I like the way Batman was developed in Justice League.
Well Question's comments are so cool too...

Another season and I will finish Justice League Unlimited , it's a bit sad, this show was cool!