AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 13:10   Link #1281
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Uhh... who are you referring to?
Oh. Er, myself.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 14:19   Link #1282
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Sumeragi is a "She" xDDDDD
"Mischievous Ice Princess"...Well now I feel dumb for thinking you're a guy.
I blame Chaos2Frozen, he had a similar avatar to yours.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 14:59   Link #1283
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
You're thinking too rationally. This is a girl who's issue in the last arc was basically 'she didn't trust anyone'. She still doesn't fully trust anyone yet so she doesn't believe that things won't get ugly if she lets her true feelings be known now
I know, but I always figured Inaba was the more rational, level headed type. But with each new episode that image is slowly changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I feel like many people been focusing too much on Inaba’s not-trusting issue while ignoring the other half of her problem which is her self-loathing (she thinks of herself as a horrible and unworthy person) resulting a very negative self-esteem and thus the fear of hurting her friends, both of which combines and makes her completely unable to open herself to them. Just want to throw this out there.
Would I be correct in assuming that some of her self-loathing steams from her trust issues and how that's one part of herself she doesn't like?
Old 2012-08-14, 15:20   Link #1284
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Oh. Er, myself.
*Facepalms* Self, I am disappoint!

Sorry for making such a stupid mistake. Gets confusing with so many male users with female avatars and whatnot, not that my avatar is helping things.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled psychological discussion!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:17   Link #1285
Sumeragi
Banned

There are just too many very good but R-18 pictures of Inaban.....
Old 2012-08-14, 16:36   Link #1286
Shimapan
Try me! <3

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Haertseed does this not for his entertainment (or not only), but rather he primarily does this to actually help them.

The body switching was to have them get to know each other better, and to get them to talk about their issues and help each other overcome them.

Then, when he noticed that the gap between Taichi and Iori was so huge it was impossible for them to ever get together by themselves. He then thought up the plan with Iori jumping off the bridge into the water, and then pretended he situation was critical - when in all reality, it wasn't even remotely close to reality.
Anyway, the shock served its purpose, and we finally have Taichi and Iori talk about their feelings.

However, once the truth was revealed and the shock faded, both instantly went back to their previous states, as if nothing had happened.
Even wwith Heartseed helping out and having them talk with each other (which they wouldn't have doen otherwise), nothing resulted from the talk.

As such, Iori are a hopeless couple with no chance of getting anywhere, despite Heartseed pushing.
Before Iori can have a relationship with anyone, she needs to find herself first - and it looks like that will be still a long way.

Aoki and Yui have a *much* greater chance of getting together. Aoki doesn't have any problems like Taichi has with is extreme shyness, and Yui is already starting to overcome her androphobia. The "kick in the nads" method helped, and I think that her beating up those guys will help her as well. Not right away, but in the long run, where she'll realise that her fear is totally baseless,and she can easily hold herself against men.

Inaba really needs to act out her desires. Heartseed let her act out her desire already once. Now she needs to make a conscious decision to act it out by herself. She, too, needs to stop being a "selfless freak" and start thinking of herself, rather than trying to bring a couple together which doesn't have any hope whatsoever right from the beginning. She needs more self-esteem and trust in *herself*, especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Great pose
Spoiler for niiiiice figurine:
Nice, but not near as good as it could be. We need a figure where Inaban is prowling across the table, coming to pounce at you

Quote:
Any links would be much appreciated
Old 2012-08-14, 16:43   Link #1287
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
While that's certainly a valid approach when it comes to appreciating shows, there's also nothing wrong with inferring and critiquing a show based on what we already have on our plate. By your logic, discussing the content of a show before it finishes airing should also be avoided.
Well, to be fair, Sumeragi adressed those who “made the conclusion” about the show when it’s still half way. I think it’s simple logic. Like in a research, you don’t make the conclusion when the research is still half way. That would make the conclusion at least not valid.

Discussing the show based on what we get so far is okay of course. That’s the point of this thread and that’s what I’ve also been doing.
Old 2012-08-14, 17:14   Link #1288
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I know, but I always figured Inaba was the more rational, level headed type. But with each new episode that image is slowly changing.

Would I be correct in assuming that some of her self-loathing steams from her trust issues and how that's one part of herself she doesn't like?
It's the other way around.

Inaba's trust problem stems from self-loathing. She regards herself as flawed and pathetic, and utterly unworthy to be trusted or loved. She thinks it's her nature to doubt people because she is despicable to begin, her "true self", one that she fears people would find out. With that sort of self esteem, how would she trust others when she can't even accept or trust herself? Also, do remember that even though she instinctively distrust others, her rationality still enables her to trust people because she genuinely wants to believe in them. However, she'd never believe in herself, not the slightest.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that we can argue all day long about which issues stems form which, so I'd rather treat them as two separate, equally weighted traits that complements each other. It makes the logic a lot simpler to understand.

Also note that "trust issue" would only be a correct description if you include Inaba herself in it. I find many arguments calling her out for "not-trusting-others-problem", which in my opinion, is less than half of the whole picture and gives off a false impression of her as a haughty, self-centered prick. Truth is, she's not. She's always placing others before herself. So you're entirely correct that she's pretty much Taichi 2.0 but in a more passive sense.

Lastly, since you brought up Inaba being the level-headed rational type, I kinda want to throw it out there that, being rational allows her to think about things in many different perspectives, good and bad. Here's the problem: Having a negative self esteem and emotionally sensitives, she easily starts seeing the negatives a lot more than the positives. Uh-oh. She gets herself stuck in a loop with negative outcomes.

Generally speaking, Inaba is cool and rational by nature but emotionally sensitive (further amplified by being a normal teenager), which resulted in her irrational self loathing and fear of hurting others, as well as instinctive second thoughts about believing in others.

She's absolutely shameless about her erotic secrets though, I might add.

Quote:
I blame "human nature". Oh wait... now I sound exactly like Inaban *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Any links would be much appreciated
I'm sure you'd find snippets of them floating around in any one of those booru sites. I mean... they get uploaded sooner than any other ones... *facepalm*

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-14 at 18:16.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 18:45   Link #1289
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, to be fair, Sumeragi adressed those who “made the conclusion” about the show when it’s still half way. I think it’s simple logic. Like in a research, you don’t make the conclusion when the research is still half way. That would make the conclusion at least not valid.
In that case, I don't think people are judging prematurely here. The most is I'm seeing here is that some people are guessing on the direction the story might take, and that's certainly fair game, I believe. And there's nothing wrong with using precedent as a tool in analyzing this show. It's still statistical data after all.

For example, I hate Taichi's messianic archetype and the fact that he resembles a typical dating sim protagonist. If later episodes challenge this interpretation of mine, then fine, but before then, I'm holding on to my view. It's certainly a valid one.
Old 2012-08-14, 19:05   Link #1290
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
For example, I hate Taichi's messianic archetype and the fact that he resembles a typical dating sim protagonist. If later episodes challenge this interpretation of mine, then fine, but before then, I'm holding on to my view. It's certainly a valid one.
That is an opinion and that in itself is okay. Plus, you’re actually open to a future development possibility, which is fine too. Still, if it’s up to me, I won’t say a comment like “this show sucks coz some characters are not developed at all!” until the show itself is over. That kinda statement in itself is a premature conclusion which is not valid (yet).
Old 2012-08-14, 19:23   Link #1291
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
That is an opinion and that in itself is okay. Plus, you’re actually open to a future development possibility, which is fine too. Still, if it’s up to me, I won’t say a comment like “this show sucks coz some characters are not developed at all!” until the show itself is over. That kinda statement in itself is a premature conclusion which is not valid (yet).
I think some people just don't see the value in diplomacy/manners when expressing opinions, and just say whatever they're feeling at the moment in the most blunt way possible, even if they're rushing to premature judgement. It's not necessarily that the feelings behind it are wrong or invalid (everyone's allowed to have an opinion), but the way of expressing the opinion always makes it seem like it's someone else's fault they feel that way (like their not enjoying it is undeniable proof that the show did something wrong). It adds a lot of tension to threads that are really just a bunch of random people expressing their personal opinions. I think discussions would be a lot more civil if people were more polite and restrained... but I guess some people like the (artificial) drama.

(For myself, I had this concept of politeness so drilled into me as a kid that I'll never even say something "sucks" even after it's done. I'll just explain why I couldn't enjoy it, if anything. "If you can't say something nice..." Well, a topic for another thread.)
Old 2012-08-14, 20:25   Link #1292
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Little change of pace
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-14, 20:54   Link #1293
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think some people just don't see the value in diplomacy/manners when expressing opinions, and just say whatever they're feeling at the moment in the most blunt way possible, even if they're rushing to premature judgement.
Agree with that. Heck, I sometimes do that too even though I already trying to keep it from happening and think as objective as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not necessarily that the feelings behind it are wrong or invalid (everyone's allowed to have an opinion), but the way of expressing the opinion always makes it seem like it's someone else's fault they feel that way (like their not enjoying it is undeniable proof that the show did something wrong).
Of course feelings are rarely invalid. How can it be? The problem here is the premature conclusion itself by saying something like “some characters here are not developed at all!” when the story itself isn’t even finished yet. For example: If a person walks out after seeing the first half of Titanic and then gives conclusion “the movie sucks coz there are no disaster scenes in it!”, will that be valid?

Ah, nice sigs, Jmac ^^.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:09   Link #1294
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Using a disaster that everyone in the audience knows is coming anyway as an analog for not developing characters for half a series seems like a stretch. Character development is something that should be a relative constant, not something that can be deferred for much of a series and then dumped in. It may still happen but the fact that it hasn't already is a valid point of contention.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:27   Link #1295
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Little change of pace
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow, those are amazing!
I'll take the Inaban one. ^_^

Thanks!
Old 2012-08-14, 21:29   Link #1296
Sumeragi
Banned

Okay, I need an Inaba-chan gif signature, preferable showing the mischievous side to her personality. Would like it if it uses a gray tone for the Kokoro Connect logo, and uses 稲葉 姫子 instead of the romanization of her name.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:37   Link #1297
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Using a disaster that everyone in the audience knows is coming anyway as an analog for not developing characters for half a series seems like a stretch. Character development is something that should be a relative constant, not something that can be deferred for much of a series and then dumped in. It may still happen but the fact that it hasn't already is a valid point of contention.
If you can’t accept that, then take my previous example:
For example: If a person walks out after seeing the first part of Wolverine and then gives conclusion “the movie is great coz there are no plot holes and consistently smart!”, will that be valid?

Just FYI: I'm not blindly love this series. I too have suspicions that the male characters won't get decent development even after the series ended, but I try to think more objective and reserve my judgement on chara development until the show is over.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:42   Link #1298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay, I need an Inaba-chan gif signature, preferable showing the mischievous side to her personality. Would like it if it uses a gray tone for the Kokoro Connect logo, and uses 稲葉 姫子 instead of the romanization of her name.
I would recommend the perfect scene to be Inaba and Fujishima reaching an 'understanding' with each other.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:51   Link #1299
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ But most of that scene happen when Inaba put her back on us.
Old 2012-08-14, 21:52   Link #1300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^ But most of that scene happen when Inaba put her back on us.
There's a moment where Inaba and Fujishima were face-to-face from a side view
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life