AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 07:52   Link #8001
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: It's a flashback to his days as a terrorist. His first encounter with the IS.

EDIT: I keep capturing weird numbered stuff. page 401. Post 8001 >.>
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 08:00   Link #8002
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I dropped the use of guns since I figured; if they've seen you you've already failed. I doubt you could actually beat an IS unless you prepared REALLY well. The best course of action for a bog standard human is to either run away or try to take it out from behind. Once you have to fight it head on, you're dead.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:06   Link #8003
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Scenario for the flashback is "things not going according to plan."

The memory itself is a botched raid on a military base. They didn't know that an IS was just transferred there for test and studies. They didn't expect it actually because the place was really out of the way with no strategic value at all. When Rong encounters the IS he'll learn what it means to fight an enemy that you just can't win against.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:17   Link #8004
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - It's up to you. I'm trying to avoid the normal human fighting an IS head on so I write Irish as having Tatenashi as a partner. A male protag who's specialty isn't fighting is rare in the IS archive. His role is hacking and strategy.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:25   Link #8005
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can't imagine, being hunted down like a dog, as fighting head-on
Old 2011-11-17, 08:33   Link #8006
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rafael? A Squad of Tanks? PAH, bullshit.

Of course Rafael can defeat a squad of tank by shooting at their topside using high powered sniper rifle, but I.S. Sniper rifle, at most = single 76mm gun, only fire faster.

Rant aside, I.S. barrier canonically can withstand vulcan fire and anti aircraft missile, so small arms (SMG, Assault rifle) can't do jack, however a P90 to the face will distract anyone, not even professional pilot could escape... unless she being genre savvy and crushed Rong's head at one swipe.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:35   Link #8007
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - That's why his partner does the heavy lifting. His role is to gather data on what they need and destroy important info to the enemy. Make no mistake though, he can fight if he's pushed, just not against an IS unit.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:53   Link #8008
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I always thought if a Rafale got hit by several 125mm rounds it will go down. But why is it getting hit in the first place? Tank guns can't pivot up, so it should have been using its strength and hover overhead.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:54   Link #8009
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I always thought if a Rafale got hit by several 125mm rounds it will go down. But why is it getting hit in the first place? Tank guns can't pivot up, so it should have been using its strength and hover overhead.
Yeah, that's why used that too, it's just piss me off that the author cannot use PROPER wordings, instead opting for exaggerated metaphors.

That aside, how was Vandam draft going?
Old 2011-11-17, 08:56   Link #8010
Eratas123

@ Zero - Hitting an IS with a gun is damn near impossible by itself. It depends on what type of unit it is (For example, Uchigane and other training units don't seem that fast and can only hover)
Old 2011-11-17, 08:58   Link #8011
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can't seem to make the next segment moe enough.

And yes, it would be a real wonder (or a real badass tank com) if a Leopard manages to hit with its main gun rather than its heavy bolters.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:00   Link #8012
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Hitting an IS with a gun is damn near impossible by itself. It depends on what type of unit it is (For example, Uchigane and other training units don't seem that fast and can only hover)
Yeah, I knew about that, again.

Even Uchigane can go good hundreds of kilometer per hours, and that's floating 10 inch above ground where air resistance is much more noticeable.

Basically, it's faster that other I.S. that can hover (except for Schwarzer Series, another hover-type). Because it's designed just like that maybe.

@ Meister

LOL That's one badass leopard. but if you're desperate, Otobreda can roll the hell out delivering 76mm shell, rapid fire.

EDIT: Just realized... APFDS IS UNDETECTABLE BY ANY KIND OF SENSOR!
Old 2011-11-17, 09:01   Link #8013
Eratas123

@ Meister - Not moe enough? I thought you were going for realism? The backgrounds of the countries seem to indicate this.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:13   Link #8014
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Riz, Karon and Gin are the ones carrying the story (and eye candy) so their segments are somewhat different. The narration sets up the setting, but I then wanted to show how much/little of that translates to their daily lives. Gin, representing the political elite, is very much in tune with the setting, and her segments are darker and more hollow. Riselle of the 'Heartlanders' has her hands full just tending to her siblings and getting to the exam center without being recognized as a [tsundere goddess]. She hears news of the latest developments coming out of Europe from her phone. While Karon's being bossed about by her mother, who is worried why Karon's still so small in spite of all the training and feeding.

@Zero: Yeap it is. That's why the Foundation uses negative sensing. Where there are gaps in projected neutrino fields, there be IS. (think how Sergei cornered the 4 Gundam in 00) Only works on home ground though as neutrino markers have to be set up beforehand.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:13   Link #8015
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anyone have the estimated number of I.S. Armor durability?

For example, 5x stronger than Steel at same thickness etc.

Damn real robot syndrome and their numbers....

EDIT: @ Meister

In mine they just have to detect the explosion... or the tank itself, and step aside or flew above to evade the attack. Anyone caught of guard with such attack is either amateur or an idiot....
Old 2011-11-17, 09:19   Link #8016
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I can't seem to make the next segment moe enough.

And yes, it would be a real wonder (or a real badass tank com) if a Leopard manages to hit with its main gun rather than its heavy bolters.
Why not? Trajectory calculation, for those IS-es speeding across the skies with slow turn rates due to inertia, you can technically crash a shell into an IS.

Results are not pretty because red stuff would be raining out of the sky.

And this is what the spark shot is about :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 09:19   Link #8017
Eratas123

@ Zero - I compare them to gundam armor. Durable and hard but susceptibe to wear and tear and weak against pressure.

@ Meister - Make's sense, they're just teenage girls so it doesn't really concern them. Just a question, why is Karon such a late bloomer? In most cases, the pare ts would take her to a doctor if she keeps looking like that no matter what they do.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:51   Link #8018
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ahh well, I had to follow Mr. Yuzuru for using exaggerated metaphor then...
Old 2011-11-17, 10:00   Link #8019
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Eras: Max will appear soon. And yes mostly the same.

~~~~~~

Here goes:

Spoiler for Scene 1:
3 girls from 3 different levels of society.

1 destiny.

Go my way~~! Go mae~~!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-11-17 at 10:19.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 10:29   Link #8020
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just when you thought a single punch is enough for Inami:

Spoiler for Scene:

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest