AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 14:17   Link #401
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

And lo... the animesuki North American clan has launched!!

To join, sign up here!! Or apply directly from the WoT site!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-27 at 21:56.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 02:08   Link #402
LeoXiao
思想工作

I liked the VK 3001 P and might get it again. It's like a faster Pz IV
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:05   Link #403
Tak

I am thinking about getting a few joyrides myself. Eventually, I think I am going to go for a Tiger P and maybe a Russian T-34...

Even though the press associated with the T-34 isn't very outstanding. By that I don't mean its not a good tank, its just not... special...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-28, 15:14   Link #404
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Even though the press associated with the T-34 isn't very outstanding. By that I don't mean its not a good tank, its just not... special...

- Tak
Try grinding through the M3 Lee, that thing brought me to TEARS! ARGH!

Every time I see the 1st years in GuP in that thing I feel so much pity for them. Even though the M4 Sherman is a death trap it's so much faster and actually has a real turret!
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:25   Link #405
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
Try grinding through the M3 Lee, that thing brought me to TEARS! ARGH!
Dude... I had the Pz38(t)NA... its like driving a Ford Focus into battle, ok?

- Tak

Old 2012-11-28, 17:04   Link #406
Blaat

*has farmed through the Pz38(t)NA, and is currently farming through the A-20 and M3 Lee*

My M3 Lee crew started at 50% and is currently at 78% but I'm nearly there! (2k research points left)

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-11-28 at 17:23.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 18:15   Link #407
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
*has farmed through the Pz38(t)NA, and is currently farming through the A-20 and M3 Lee*

My M3 Lee crew started at 50% and is currently at 78% but I'm nearly there! (2k research points left)
Dunno about you guys, but I'm finding that unless I take a tank destroyer (up to a Marder II), I barely gain ANY experience. I'm finding it incredibly hard to kill anything with a Pz35(t).
Old 2012-11-28, 18:32   Link #408
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Dunno about you guys, but I'm finding that unless I take a tank destroyer (up to a Marder II), I barely gain ANY experience. I'm finding it incredibly hard to kill anything with a Pz35(t).
The key is doing damage or spotting to allow your team to do damage. Shots that bounce do nothing but cost credits. And at higher tiers when each shell is 1000 credits it can add up.

This teaches you to know your common opponents' weak points. Rule of thumb for me is shoot German armor in the turret, Russians and Americans in the hull. Of course some models may differ so if a particular tank is giving you trouble do some research to find out where the weak spots are. At Tier 8 in my T32 I almost always have to shoot at crew periscopes or machine gun pods to penetrate because my gun is so weak compared to the higher tier heavy tanks.
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:20   Link #409
Tak

Quote:
The Pz35t is a very compact & flexible vehicle with a very small profile. In tier 2 & 3 battles, it can hold its own pretty well, especially with the 2cm flak. Your matches should be limited to tier 2 & 3, which your weapon is more than sufficient in dealing with your adversaries.

Now, the Pz38t and the NA variant are both very painful vehicles to play, and will make you feel inferior. That being said, both vehicles do not exist so you can commit to DPS. They exist so you earn XP by spotting foes for your allies while remaining hidden from plain view. The NA's top speed of 70+ KPH also allow it to escape danger very, very quickly.

Oh, Myssa, got an online ID on the NA server?

- Tak

Old 2012-11-28, 19:27   Link #410
Gravitas Free Zone

So, the 20mm KwKs are good upgrade for lower tiers? They look like they should be able to punch through the Tier I and II armor reasonably quickly, but it feels like I'd be shooting more than I'd want to, and at closer ranges...

I still haven't had a victory in any of my fights with the Pz35. And I'm mostly trying to spot, not fight. It's just that I usually end up spotting by getting picked off by a TD that happens to round the corner before I do...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:28   Link #411
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Tak: That gives me absolutely no confidence, especially since I'm close to the point where I can research the Pz38(t). As for the flak gun... The high rate of fire is nice, but I've found that a good number of those shells bounce OFF my targets, even when hit on the side. Hmph.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:29   Link #412
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
So, the 20mm KwKs are good upgrade for lower tiers? They look like they should be able to punch through the Tier I and II armor reasonably quickly, but it feels like I'd be shooting more than I'd want to, and at closer ranges...
Not as close as you might think actually. They are good even up to mid-far ranges, but the reload time is longer.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-28, 19:43   Link #413
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
The key is doing damage or spotting to allow your team to do damage. Shots that bounce do nothing but cost credits. And at higher tiers when each shell is 1000 credits it can add up.

This teaches you to know your common opponents' weak points. Rule of thumb for me is shoot German armor in the turret, Russians and Americans in the hull. Of course some models may differ so if a particular tank is giving you trouble do some research to find out where the weak spots are. At Tier 8 in my T32 I almost always have to shoot at crew periscopes or machine gun pods to penetrate because my gun is so weak compared to the higher tier heavy tanks.

When in doubt, shoot the lower plate.

For example, the German tier 10 Heavy tank E-100 has a 250mm (?) turret at 10 degrees, about 260mm or so of effective armor. The upper frontal plate is 200mm at 60 degrees, you will need a penetration roll of about 400mm to go through that. For the lower plate however, it is 150mm at 50 degrees, I think, for effective armor of about 200mm.

IS-7's upper plates are about 300mm effective armor head on, where as the lower plate is about 200. Same with IS-4.

French mediums and heavies are weak everywhere at the higher tiers, but for the AMX-50B shoot the turret. (Has insane frontal hull armor)

My general rule of thumb:

German tanks: Shoot the lower plate. Often contains transmission for delicious engine fires
Soviet tanks: Shoot lower plate. Sometimes contains ammo racks or fuel tanks
USA tanks: Shoot sides or if can't, shoot lower plate. T29/34/30 - shoot hull.
French tanks: shoot turret/things on top of the tank in the case of tank destroyers
British tanks: Shoot lower plate.

Keep in mind that the lower tier French and British tanks (Pre/early war) are very different from their late/post war tanks.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:47   Link #414
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

German also weak on their side. killing Hertzer when you flank him never been so delicious

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:40   Link #415
Tak

I still have my Pz35t as a joyride vehicle. With a camo net, the thing can outrange a lot of other tanks out there. Its a bit expensive, but I find it to be a worthy investment because with its already small profile, the Pz35t can hit enemies without the latter knowing what hit them. The 2cm is also good against everything up to tier 3.

Not to mention this is one of the few vehicles that can drift. Seriously. Personally, I enjoy the Pz35t very much, its a credit-earning buggy, and I intend to keep it for a very long time.

I'd say, if you are playing a Tier 2 vehicle, please don't make the mistake of standing out or working alone. Go with the crowd, find cover and hide behind bushes whenever you can. Don't mow down trees and try to take out enemies from afar. Remember, you don't have to necessarily make a kill, but just by penetrating your adversaries would give you a lot of credit and xp.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-28, 21:27   Link #416
Mow Yun

Damage caused by allies against enemies that you have spotted (and are keeping lit) will give you experience and credits as well!
Old 2012-11-28, 21:36   Link #417
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Correction, 50% of experience and credits.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:59   Link #418
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

How DO you spot for your allies anyway? Does it have to be an actual call on a target (which I have no idea how to do), or do you only need to SEE one?
Old 2012-11-28, 22:12   Link #419
Mow Yun

Quote:
How DO you spot for your allies anyway? Does it have to be an actual call on a target (which I have no idea how to do), or do you only need to SEE one?
You need to see it and keep it in your detection range. I believe the "call" used to be T, but is now F2. (put your crosshair over an enemy and press F2)
Old 2012-11-28, 22:31   Link #420
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

As Mow_Yun said, simply lighting up the enemies for your allies to shoot at can net you a surprising amount of credits and exp. Some of my best games in the Tetrarch are in Malinovka, where I would drive my Binocs and Camo Net-equipped Tet into a bush near the middle of the field or in the swampy area, let both pieces of equipment activate and light up the enemies at their base while keeping myself invisible, and go make myself some tea. I don't even bother firing my cannon unless some Leeroy comes rushing out and unmasks my position.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks