Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-14, 07:14   Link #1
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Sick Person

Need Anime With Sick Person ...Or Blind Person .... Something Like It..

Anime I've Seen With Sick People :
Full Moon Wa Sagashite & H2O ~Footprints on The Sand~

Please Help Me

Old 2008-05-14, 07:29   Link #2
Raistlin-

Send a message via MSN to Raistlin-
How about Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora?

It's about the romance between two hospitalized teenagers. Its a great series overall too, I think it's just what you're looking for.
Old 2008-05-14, 11:35   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

^ Thanks...I Guess There Not Many Anime Have Sick People it..But I'll Check This one Now
But Anymore Suggestions ?
Old 2008-05-14, 11:49   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I second Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, since it's wonderful.

I'm pretty sure you've seen Kanon (2006) and Air, right?

There's also Grave of the Fireflies.

I think ef - a tale of memories fit.

And also, Shigofumi.

You can watch Perfect Blue for psychological sickness.
Old 2008-05-14, 11:55   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
^ Thanks...I Guess There Not Many Anime Have Sick People it..But I'll Check This one Now
But Anymore Suggestions ?
Oi, youre hitting on a slight obsession of mine XD I love anime with sick ppl in it but as stated not many are around. I 3rd Hanbun cuz its a great anime. Mostly I just find scenes in anime depicting this and not a full blown anime on it.

Umm not a anime recommendation but Shinshi Doushi Cross manga (done by the mangaka of Full Moon) touches on it slightly.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-14, 12:12   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I second Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, since it's wonderful.

I'm pretty sure you've seen Kanon (2006) and Air, right?

There's also Grave of the Fireflies.

I think ef - a tale of memories fit.

And also, Shigofumi.

You can watch Perfect Blue for psychological sickness.
Intel Now I Liked The First Ep of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora..Look Good Anime ..
But About The Other Animes I Dropped ef - a tale of memories >.<
And I Stopped Watching Air And
Shigofumi (I Didn't Have Time Back Then )...I Guess I'll See Them Soon ^.^
And Believe Me I Didn't See Konan Before
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oi, youre hitting on a slight obsession of mine XD I love anime with sick ppl in it but as stated not many are around. I 3rd Hanbun cuz its a great anime. Mostly I just find scenes in anime depicting this and not a full blown anime on it.

Umm not a anime recommendation but Shinshi Doushi Cross manga (done by the mangaka of Full Moon) touches on it slightly.
I Love These Kind Of Anime With Sick People...And I'll Try Read The Manga Since It Been Done By The Same mangaka of Full Moon ^.^
Old 2008-05-14, 12:24   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

You haven't seen Air and Kanon? Aw, that's sad. Clannad had the same deal too (Fuko was sick but she's not on-the-hospital-bed-with-people-gathering-around-her-sobbing sick). Like I said in other threads, you need to get used to ef. When did you drop it? If you dropped it at episodes 1-3, then you should definitely give it a second chance. If you dropped it at episode 6 or something, then you're better off not finishing it.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-05-14 at 12:47.
Old 2008-05-14, 12:31   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Like I said in other threads, you need to get used to ef. When did you drop it? If you dropped it at episodes 1-3, then you should definitely give it a second chance. If you dropped it at episode 6 or something, then you're better off not finishing it.
I Dropped It At Ep 2 ...>.<
And I Read The Story Of Kanon...Look Interesting ^.^
*Sorry Can't Give You And
Manju-San Cookies Yet *
And Thanks For The
Suggestions
Old 2008-05-14, 13:52   Link #9
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would suggest continuing with ef. I didn't like it at first and the presentation style was a turnoff for me. Around episode 4-5 i had gotten used to it (and i think they eased up on the weird "art"), and started to gladly follow the show. Overall it is a good piece of work and deals with the issue you are looking for. Do give it another shot.

I will second Kanon. Can't say being sick is a very central theme of the show, but it is indeed present at points. You should watch it regardless, because it is a great show.

Personally i prefer Air the Movie to the TV series (though i suggest watching both); and unlike the series it also has actual romance and the sickness is approached in more down-to-earth manner, if thats what you are looking for.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is something you should look at. Only 6 episodes (just like Hantsuki), but those are very good 6 episodes. Definitely has the element you are looking for. Romance/Drama/SciFi
Old 2008-05-14, 15:10   Link #10
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I would suggest continuing with ef. I didn't like it at first and the presentation style was a turnoff for me. Around episode 4-5 i had gotten used to it (and i think they eased up on the weird "art"), and started to gladly follow the show. Overall it is a good piece of work and deals with the issue you are looking for. Do give it another shot.

I will second Kanon. Can't say being sick is a very central theme of the show, but it is indeed present at points. You should watch it regardless, because it is a great show.

Personally i prefer Air the Movie to the TV series (though i suggest watching both); and unlike the series it also has actual romance and the sickness is approached in more down-to-earth manner, if thats what you are looking for.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is something you should look at. Only 6 episodes (just like Hantsuki), but those are very good 6 episodes. Definitely has the element you are looking for. Romance/Drama/SciFi
Thanks For The Suggestions ...I Think I Heard About Iriya no Sora Before ..Look Nice Anime ..^.^
And About Air The Movie...My First Hearing About it...I'll Take Look At it
Old 2008-05-14, 15:29   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I personally prefer watching Air TV before the Air movie, but do both.
Old 2008-05-14, 20:18   Link #12
devildog23
Summerlurking

Try "Hotori - Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau (Hotori~The simple hope for joy)"

Its surprisingly good knowing how unknown it is. It has a sick person as a main character. Perfectly paced being only 40 minutes long too.
Old 2008-05-14, 21:08   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
You haven't seen Air and Kanon? Aw, that's sad. Clannad had the same deal too (Fuko was sick but she's not on-the-hospital-bed-with-people-gathering-around-her-sobbing sick).
Actually, Nagisa from Clannad is one of those sickly girls (it first happens at the end of episode two, so it's not a spoiler, right?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Even though I liked the TV series more than the movie, I agree that the movie focuses on the sickness more than the TV series did, and also has the romance that was only by implication in the TV series, so you should try it them out.

Maybe also Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (which is the sequel to the first series, so don't just pick up out of the blue.), where one of the characters is sick, with a good amount of the series focusing on her.
Again, don't watch A's before Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha if you decide to.

Also, a character of Rozen Maiden Traumend is sick with what appears to be something serious, and due to her long hospitalisation, has a rather low self-respect.
Once again, Traumend is a sequel to the original Rozen Maiden, so don't watch it before the original.

And yes, watch ef.
Old 2008-05-14, 21:23   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, MSLN A's is a wonderful story which features a sick girl, but you should watch MSLN first.
Old 2008-05-15, 02:07   Link #15
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Actually, Nagisa from Clannad is one of those sickly girls (it first happens at the end of episode two, so it's not a spoiler, right?)

Even though I liked the TV series more than the movie, I agree that the movie focuses on the sickness more than the TV series did, and also has the romance that was only by implication in the TV series, so you should try it them out.

Maybe also Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (which is the sequel to the first series, so don't just pick up out of the blue.), where one of the characters is sick, with a good amount of the series focusing on her.
Again, don't watch A's before Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha if you decide to.

Also, a character of Rozen Maiden Traumend is sick with what appears to be something serious, and due to her long hospitalisation, has a rather low self-respect.
Once again, Traumend is a sequel to the original Rozen Maiden, so don't watch it before the original.

And yes, watch ef.
I Watched Clannad Already ^.^
and I Saw MSLN But I Didn't Finish it...I Kinda Dropp it at Ep 4 >.<
And I'm Gonna Start Watching
Rozen Maiden Traumend Soon...
Thanks For The Suggestions ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog23 View Post
Try "Hotori - Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau (Hotori~The simple hope for joy)"

Its surprisingly good knowing how unknown it is. It has a sick person as a main character. Perfectly paced being only 40 minutes long too.
I'll Check This One ...Thanks For The Suggestions ^.^
Old 2008-05-15, 02:14   Link #16
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
and I Saw MSLN But I Didn't Finish it...I Kinda Dropp it at Ep 4 >.<

The second season is very different. Less generic mahou shoujo jewel seed collection, and more action with some character backstory included.

Now that I think back, you might also like Fruits Basket. Almost every character is "sick" in a different way, and the second half of the anime delves into each of their stories one by one.
Old 2008-05-15, 02:21   Link #17
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post

The second season is very different. Less generic mahou shoujo jewel seed collection, and more action with some character backstory included.

Now that I think back, you might also like Fruits Basket. Almost every character is "sick" in a different way, and the second half of the anime delves into each of their stories one by one.
Yeah...I Saw The First Three Ep Of Both Season..And Drop it >.<
And I Did Watch Fruit Basket Before...I Think Only Yuki Who Is Sick Not All of Them
Old 2008-05-15, 14:45   Link #18
cerrian

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - main character is hospitalized
Maria-sama ga Miteru - support character is sick/weak constitution
Haibane Renmei - ...I'm sure it counts, but I don't know how to describe it without giving away any spoilers.
Twin Spica - support character has weak constitution
Strawberry Panic - support character is very sick
Higurashi - main and sub characters have mental and health issues.

The following are more Sci-Fi/action oriented:
To Terra - support character is in a coma; other support character is mentally traumatized.
Code Geass - support character is blind and wheelchair bound.
Gunslinger Girl - many sick, injuried, and/or mentally unstable characters.
Eureka 7 - main character has significant health issues....doesn't become an plot thread until you're about a quarter into this 50 ep. series.
Old 2008-05-15, 16:35   Link #19
Frans

Onegai Teacher - The main character and one of the support character have some kind of illness that could make them collapse/coma.
Hitsuji no Uta - kinda dark, a bit vampiric, and slow. Based on your example, I don't think you would like it. Btw, it's only 4 episodes.
Hitohira - a nice anime about a girl who has no confidence in herself. The one who sick is one of the support character. You wouldn't know who's sick until a couple of episodes (forgot which episode). The sickness itself is important to the overall storyline.
E's Otherwise - a shounen action anime with super power. The main character sister is supposedly sick.
Rurouni Kenshin - Reflection - I think you don't have to watch the TV series to enjoy this, but it certainly could help.
Soukou no Strain - a mecha anime. The main bad guy is sick.

From my list, I like Kenshin and Hitohira the most.
Closed Thread