Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 08:05   Link #41
drulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Kabuto: I'm a dragon!
Sasuke: Sure ...

I'm eager to find out what Tsunade will look like when she beats up Edo-Madara in her Slug Princess Sage Mode.
I was really surprised when I found out about the snake sage mode, a part of me was somewhat disappointed because I liked how sage mode was unique to the toads only at first, but at the same time it gave the possibility for there to be other sage modes like that one you just mentioned. If Tsunade does have a sage mode her strength and chances of survival would greatly increase.
drulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:06   Link #42
HasuMasu
*Artist

EDIT: ^ No way dude, Madara's the boss--Slug Sage or otherwise.

I liked the color page too, possibly what their days would look like after the war...maybe.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:07   Link #43
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Well we always know there was no way Kabuto was going to survive more than a couple of seconds against 2 MS users without doing something ridiculous.

Granted, I wasn't expecting this... Horrible writing at its best. I don't mind Kabuto splicing clan only powers. He was always a prodigy (even moreso than Orochimaru in my eyes) where this was concerned. However, I draw the line at Sage Mode. Kabuto is NOT the sort of person that would be dedicated enough to go and master something like this through hard training. This is so out of character that it is hilarious. Secondly, why would Kabuto just splice Sasuke's former team and not other more powerful people?

Still though, to be able to dodge Sasuke's Susano'o arrow at close range is insane.
I was expecting Kabuto to summon something to help him fight but its better writing that Kabuto is fighting rather then summoning yet another edo.

I presume Kabuto is only using the spliced power of Sasuke's teammates since Oro collected data on them and it was easier to use Oro's years of data then collect his own.

They could have made Kabuto's sage mode look better, I think he will be beaten when he falls for genjutsu since he's so fast and hard to capture.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:13   Link #44
ninetail1989
Dreamer

ok...all kabuto trump cards are out...he be dead in 2 chapters or maybe 3 if lucky...
bb kabuto....Become senin and die in 2 chapters...
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:24   Link #45
lucasd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
"Snake -sage - Berserk"
And you know this how?
Because I can use deduction on the part that I read. You could try it sometimes...

Jyugo absorb nature energy and go berserk --- Kabuto explains (plus the whole cursed seal)
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:37   Link #46
Forsaken_Infinity

You know, Sasuke is basically getting jinxed here lol.

He's fighting Kabuto to talk with Itachi who is fighting Kabuto to stop Edo-Tensei. I can bet anything that when that jutsu stops, Itachi is gonna "die" too. That means no answers for Sasuke. Ultimate jinxing.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:43   Link #47
Black-Cat-Sama

pretty good chapter, the highlights on Sasuke's Hebi/Taka team was pretty cool. Uzumaki Karin? I skipped through the other two pages of this thead, but I saw a few talk in the last thread about how Kabuto being strong enough to fight would be pushing it, and while I agreed, now seeing that he is a snake sage, something we've wondered for a while if it existed on top of other things..seems the fight will get good

also, LOL, Dr. Snakes. Sasuke now has a Phd in... Serpentry?
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:51   Link #48
haegar
mangaviking

stuff happens to come a bit out of the blue, granted - but I rather would have it this way than Oro coming crawling out of Kabuto after all. I do think though that the evil sage mode would have done, together with his healing and summoning skills... adding Karin and Suigetsu atop of that is kinda overkill.

Anyways, kinda funny, a while back it seemed Naruto would need training to be able to go up against Susano, now it seems Sasuske gets his very own sage to fight to train up for facing Naruto. The way Kabuto get's one power stacked after another makes me think he's gonna bite it in this fight, having been hyped only to serve as the last Level-up for Sasuske...

Whatelse? Tsunade beeing the legendary sucker, her sage mode probably would come with a lot of innuendo. I couldn't possibly comment any further ...

I also think it's a good thing sage mode is not unique, but not as spammed as some eye technigues or bloodlines i.e. ... Oro and Tsunade are awesome without having reached this pinacle, and truth be told I always liked the fact Jiraya had gone further than the two of them

As for Oro, maybe he was strong enough to force Manda to serve him, but arrogant enough to piss of the white cobra sage so he did not recieve training? After Oro, his "successor" Sasuske sacrificed Manda, so Kabuto was the only one capable left to the snakes, assuming they were in the mood to train somebody up.... and he probably was a whole lot better at doing the snakeish slimey groveling on the floor than Oro ever was so he got all the cool techniques from the sage XD
Old 2012-03-21, 09:07   Link #49
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
But you won't defeat me by becoming Dr. Snakes!
The manga should end right now, since there will never be another line as good as this one in anything.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:17   Link #50
Sasukemaru
Banned

I cant believe ppl actually enjoyed the "dr. Snakes" line. I thought it was horribly cheesy, way ooc for itachi to say, i basically cringed and died a lil inside each time i saw it.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:19   Link #51
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

So we got some info on what kabutomaru was doing all this time and that Karin is from Uzumaki clan, not bad not bad.
So Sasuske is Dr.Snakes now...
Now I can see one of the things happening:
1) They get info on weaknesses of sage mode from Naruto.
2) Sasuke's old team come and help, maybe the thing Suigetsu found was about sage mode?
3) They don't get help and beat Kabutomaru using EMS and MS.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:31   Link #52
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Uh oh, Naruto's distant relatives are growing! First Tsunade, now Karen!

Naruto's kyuubi mode would be perfect against Kabuto's "liquid" hiding. Since you can't hide from Naruto's sensory skills.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:48   Link #53
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Kabuto himself shouldn't be able to put up some serious fight against these two.
I think a valid argument would be that the author hasn't done a good job convincing you that Kabuto can pull this off. Otherwise, by stating Kabuto "shouldn't be able to do [x]" you're essentially stating that your interpretation of the manga is right, and Kishimoto's is wrong.

Quote:
That would not make sense. So the only thing that makes sense is if either Kabuto summons back Madara to save his ass or he summons other people. Letting Kabuto become a mad scientist type guy like Dr.Gero was is ok, but letting him become a super-powered ninja out of nowhere would be complete nonsense.
I don't find it any more "nonsensical" than how powerful Naruto has been able to become over the last few arcs, and I honestly don't see fighting Itachi and Sasuke at the same time any more impractical than someone being able to fight 7 jinchurikis/bijuu simultaneously :/

Kabuto has also always been a pretty intelligent, and considering all the experiments/modifications and jutsu he must have learned over the years I really don't see this as implausible, given what we've been seeing during this arc.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:04   Link #54
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It seams that Uzumaki clan is very similar to the Senju's. It seams every Uzumaki beside long lives get special powers. Kushina's chakra chains and Karin's sensing/healing chakra. Just like Senju's where each member had somehow different abilities. Though it seams Naruto beside his different biju mode doesn't have any of Uzumaki's special powers beside long life.

So Karin is Uzumaki. And once again we are told that all Uzumaki's have red hair. It seams it's a dominant trait, as we saw in anime/manga only Nagato's mother had red hair. So what was so special about Minato that Naruto got his hair and not Uzumaki red hair?
Old 2012-03-21, 10:12   Link #55
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Thing is...no matter how powerful Kabuto thinks he's getting...he's still facing two guys with one of the most broken bloodlines out there.

PS: I love Itachi, love that we get to see him fight seriously again...but why is Sasuke there ruining the scene? D: Just let big bro handle it while you emo out in the corner listening to Nirvana. Stop ruining a perfectly good fight just to show off to your brother...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:27   Link #56
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

what is Shikkotsurin?? (the place mentioned along with myoubokuzan)
Old 2012-03-21, 10:33   Link #57
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Am I the only one that enjoyed the colour page where Kurama is just snoozing' on Konoha's buildings? Sakura's face was just priceless as well. "Naruto, you idiot! Tell your inner beastie to stop drooling on my roof!".
yeah, it was cool, pretty much the only thing i enjoyed in this chapter. kishi should do more color spreads like that, just like oda does in one piece.

Quote:
I am okay with other sage modes, it even sounds more convincing that stand-alone frog sage mode.
i would like to see kakashi's dog sennin mode or maybe gai's turtle sennin mode. LOL

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-03-21 at 10:49.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:58   Link #58
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I doubt there are other sage modes outside of the sannin related ones. Kabuto would've mentioned them if there were. Hiruzen would've been easily able to master monkey sage mode if it existed and he would still be alive right now.

And so much for trying to run away from Oro. Now Sasuke is a doctor on snakes.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:03   Link #59
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I doubt there are other sage modes outside of the sannin related ones. Kabuto would've mentioned them if there were. Hiruzen would've been easily able to master monkey sage mode if it existed and he would still be alive right now.
i was being sarcastic when i said that i want to see kakashi's dog sage mode. i just find it funny that we only found out about the snake sage mode when kishi could have introduced it or at least the concept of it back when oro was still alive. and if indeed tsunade has slug sage mode, considering she's a sannin, then why is it that she hasn't used it or told sakura about it? technically, it makes sense but it feels like an asspull to me.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:14   Link #60
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i was being sarcastic when i said that i want to see kakashi's dog sage mode. i just find it funny that we only found out about the snake sage mode when kishi could have introduced it or at least the concept of it back when oro was still alive. and if indeed tsunade has slug sage mode, considering she's a sannin, then why is it that she hasn't used it or told sakura about it? technically, it makes sense but it feels like an asspull to me.
Jiraiya never mentioned he can use sage mode to Naruto either. He might have called himself a sage, but never really elaborated on it.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion