Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 22:22   Link #301
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
She made renditions of hers of the Inner Senshi.
Renditions of what?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 02:47   Link #302
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Renditions of what?
- Sailor Moon characters. Don't knock it. I've seen the pic and it's gorgeous.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 13:40   Link #303
Sumeragi
Banned

Oh, that. I have a hard copy back in Japan.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:45   Link #304
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Now that I'm done with Rain dancers i'm back to working on Schwarzmarken. Updates to the novel is up, expect weekly updates of 20 pages until chapter 2 is finished.
That's great, I'd love to see this novel series translated with all of Carnelian's illustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
Carnelian has some great art.
You can say that again. I'm still surprised that she or Tasuku Iizuki wasn't approached by Age to illustrate the VN version of Total Eclipse after Miyata Sou was fired for plagiarism. Either would have done a magnificent job.

Hopefully after Carnelian finishes Schwarzesmarken she'll get more opportunities to illustrate for the Muv-Luv universe.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 18:31   Link #305
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That's great, I'd love to see this novel series translated with all of Carnelian's illustrations.

Hopefully after Carnelian finishes Schwarzesmarken she'll get more opportunities to illustrate for the Muv-Luv universe.
If anyone knows where to find the colored scans of the novel images please PM me, because all I got is the B/W scans after chapter 2. Carnelian needs to be in color.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 06:01   Link #306
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Going to have to ask this (since I've not read enough Schwarzemarken): A lot of people seem to think the "Master" from Total Eclipse is Theodore.

Is there some sort of list for the pro and con of this? I mean, what elements in Schwarzemarken actually hint at or point toward Theo being the "Master", and how much of it is disproven? Because at the moment, the only reason anybody has that Master = Theodore is that both have the same color hair and that the "Master" is roughly about the right age (In TE). There's no real proof or hint I can see that seems to validate it.
Old 2013-09-15, 08:19   Link #307
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Spoiler for Possibly spoileriffic for some parts:

It's also probably worth pointing out that any "Master" was a character way before Theodore, and his original iteration didn't really give any significant clues other than him being a Caucasian male with red hair. There was no map either; he was actually overseeing the attack personally, sitting in Project Prominence-labled chair, with expression that read "I'm in your base, fucking your shit up". Given the references Muv-Luv makes to Western sci-fi, I always assumed that he was a shout-out to Dr. Who adversary, and Doctor always complaining that he's not ginger (i.e red-headed).
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 11:23   Link #308
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Schwarzemarken Volume 1 Chapter 2 is now complete. Enjoy the read.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Chapter2

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-09-15, 13:17   Link #309
EagleBlue

Quote:
Schwarzemarken Volume 1 Chapter 2 is now complete. Enjoy the read.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Chapter2
Thanks Grevierr.

Anyways, got bored and decided to read some of the summaries in the Schwarzesmarken site using Google Translate. Don't trust them since some don't really look clear to me.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Gonna be interesting to see if anymore of the squadron die before the end.

Last edited by EagleBlue; 2013-09-15 at 13:31.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 20:36   Link #310
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Theodore, huh? Doesn't struck me as the "Mastermind" type much. More like a boy who would smash everything in rage, given him the chance. Or a Mig-23 (Or a recent made Mig-27). Seriously, I don't understand East Germany. They try to stand tall without literary nothing solid under their feet. Stasi only made thing worse. Democratic Communism my ass! If a soldier have to fear for their backs, then how could they focused their gaze on the enemies?

Oh, and wouldn't Theodore was in late-30s during Total Eclipse?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:26   Link #311
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Read both chapters.

Excellent work grevierr, much appreciated.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 20:37   Link #312
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Read both chapters.

Excellent work grevierr, much appreciated.
You're welcome. I would like to thank Timsel and those who helped with the German as well, and MisterV for Chapter 1.

I'll see if I will carry on after Chronicles 4. Some guys have said they would also like to translate Schwarz, and I have TDA00 to work on as well.

Old 2013-09-17, 00:33   Link #313
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
You're welcome. I would like to thank Timsel and those who helped with the German as well, and MisterV for Chapter 1.

I'll see if I will carry on after Chronicles 4. Some guys have said they would also like to translate Schwarz, and I have TDA00 to work on as well.
good luck with that.

oh and can someone who read ahead plese tell me if anett changes at all through the story cause that's killing me .... and for some reason she intrests me
Old 2013-09-17, 14:40   Link #314
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Going to have to ask this (since I've not read enough Schwarzemarken): A lot of people seem to think the "Master" from Total Eclipse is Theodore.

Is there some sort of list for the pro and con of this? I mean, what elements in Schwarzemarken actually hint at or point toward Theo being the "Master", and how much of it is disproven? Because at the moment, the only reason anybody has that Master = Theodore is that both have the same color hair and that the "Master" is roughly about the right age (In TE). There's no real proof or hint I can see that seems to validate it.
As far as I'm concerned, it is an unfounded rumor from /a/ and /m/ stemming from both all the trolling and stupidity after the ending of the TE VN was revealed and the drama some trolls did on /m/ after deleting some Muv Luv threads on purpose. They look KIND OF similar, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Master turns out to be Deutsch, but Theodore as the Master? Unlikely.

Then again, I used to say the same thing about Yuuya and imoutos...
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 09:27   Link #315
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

The Master and gang are kinda confirmed to be from Nazi Germany, from what was scripted in the TE anime (not sure if its in the VN though), since there was one part in ep 23 were Christoper was addressed in German by his cronies before he told them to keep to english, and in ep 24 Christoper mentions that the day the Master's Last Battalion will destroy the world is near.

This might prove that Theodore is not the Master, since he is unlikely to share the ideology of the Reich, being someone who has lived and suffered in Communist East Germany. Unless there is a rather drastic change in his personality, its highly unlikely for him to be the master.

Also, the writer has confirmed in one interview that the main characters of Schwarzesmarken have their fates confirmed, so its unlikely that the Master, whose fate is still unknown, to be anyone from Schwarze.

But again, this is all conjucture until Schwarze ends, since all it would take is some plot device and suddenly its possible.

Spoiler for Possbile Schwarze ending leading to Master end:

Old 2013-09-21, 09:44   Link #316
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
The Master and gang are kinda confirmed to be from Nazi Germany, from what was scripted in the TE anime (not sure if its in the VN though), since there was one part in ep 23 were Christoper was addressed in German by his cronies before he told them to keep to english, and in ep 24 Christoper mentions that the day the Master's Last Battalion will destroy the world is near.

This might prove that Theodore is not the Master, since he is unlikely to share the ideology of the Reich, being someone who has lived and suffered in Communist East Germany. Unless there is a rather drastic change in his personality, its highly unlikely for him to be the master.

Also, the writer has confirmed in one interview that the main characters of Schwarzesmarken have their fates confirmed, so its unlikely that the Master, whose fate is still unknown, to be anyone from Schwarze.

But again, this is all conjucture until Schwarze ends, since all it would take is some plot device and suddenly its possible.

Now that some twisted yet cool theory ya got ther man!!
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 12:16   Link #317
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just covering all the bases. Its actually a rather generic plot from western novels.

Old 2013-09-21, 17:34   Link #318
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Just covering all the bases. Its actually a rather generic plot from western novels.
Reminds me of an ODESSA plot novel.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:51   Link #319
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
-
Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-21, 19:57   Link #320
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:

*sigh*
I really don't want him to turn out to be him.

for some reason what I keep asking gets ignored.