AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2024-03-16, 00:43   Link #321
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think Aventurine lied when he said she's Emanator. Problem is that he is using that as argument for her not being Galaxy Ranger, which make zero sense as there is no correlation between two. Aventurine could as well make argument she is not GR because she has blue hair or because she doesn't unsheathe her sword.

Of course it might turn she was never affiliated with them. (I don't think it's the case, but it's possible), but even if Aventurine happen to be right in the end, it doesn't change that he was still full of BS when he said that and him being right would be nothing but his bluff coming true out of pure luck.

Anyway I predict Boothill will know Acheron and even confirm her identity , but Acheron will have no clue who he is.
Well, definitely some parts of his comments were speculative, even if he spoke in his typical brash over-confidence. If you point out that Acheron was actually there with you when Firefly died, he's surprised (although it doesn't appear to change his conclusion).

I guess my instinct says that he's going to be right about a lot of things, but wrong about some critical piece, but less because of willfully lying to us but because he actually doesn't know and is his just bluffing his way though. They keep pointing out he's a gambler, so even though he may only know ~60% of the facts or whatever, he's going to be willing to roll the dice. Just the fact that they're portraying him as so over-the-top-shady makes me think he's not going to be as full-of-it as one might believe (just like I think about Sparkle too, incidentally -- I think there is some sincerity in what she's doing despite her "foolish" methods).

One possibility, perhaps, is that maybe Acheron was a Galaxy Ranger at one point but her path somehow deviated and she became an Emanator. Because the Galaxy Rangers are such a loose-knit and secretive group, it'd be hard to disprove that. But I guess Aventurine's main accusation is that she never actually got an invite and stole it after killing Duke Inferno. I suppose it could be justified it was in the name of "justice" to deal with SUD, but seems like a bit of a shady tactic.

I guess a fundamental point is about the relationship between Acheron herself and the "Red Text." I guess my assumption, with Acheron being the multiverse version of Raiden Mei / Raiden Shogun, is that it will have something to do with her sword (which she also used to "kill/wake" us in the dream). So I'm not sure if there's somehow going to be two personalities here sort of coexisting or what, but this (combined with all the points of her jumbled memories) could also have some play into her real identity.

Obviously the other question there is what Something Unto Death is. Some have pointed out that it has thematic similarities to Acheron's visual design (like the color scheme and the eyes) which seem to connect them. But this too could just be a fakeout. If we were to go with the two personalities explanation, I suppose it might be a manifestation of the personality in the sword that Archeron herself cannot really control, so it both is and isn't her. Personally, I actually sort of like the totally different explanation that it might be a manifestation from Penacony itself, like some sort of karmic consequence for the "forced harmony" they've pushed on the dreamspace, like a culmination of all the nightmares they've tried to suppress. And if that's the case, then it wouldn't seem to have anything to do with Acheron, and she could in fact be there to help stop it (even if it means using her sword to force-wake people from the dream, as she did to us).

Anyway, I suppose to be contrarian, I'll predict that neither Boothill or Acheron will know the other, but Boothill will offer the explanation that they're basically "lone rangers" (parden the pun...) who operate independently these days, so it's not surprising that they've never met each other. That explanation makes it a sort of a fake-out. But whatever the truth is either way, Boothill will end up being important later.
Old 2024-03-16, 05:26   Link #322
Tenzen12

I think we reached agreement here.

EDIT: New speculation just for fun. Acheron was genuine Galaxy Ranger, but we one we met is actually Raiden Mei who traveled here from Impact universe instead. Reasoning: Her Myriad Celestia trailer shows her with oni like horns and Welt will supposedly be relevant in 2.1 (I don't actually think it's the case, but it does make sense)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2024-03-16 at 08:47.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-17, 04:46   Link #323
Liddo-kun
is this so?

reminder to those who have not done it yet. Tethered Bird pure fiction ends in a few hours. There's plenty of jades to be won if you do it.

____

edit:

defeated Argenti and got all the loot. Three stars on all.

glad that Argenti fell before Fu lost all hp.
this boss would be so hard without Fu. His giant floating swords do a lot of damage.

_________

finished Food Fest on all servers I play in.

can finally get some sleep.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-03-17 at 14:30.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 00:58   Link #324
haseo0408

Ok, I just saw the animated short for Acheron and I must say: What in all hells is inside that girl!? It freaked me out!.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 04:16   Link #325
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-19, 04:28   Link #326
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

It's safe to say that "Curiosity almost killed the Swan"
Old 2024-03-19, 18:08   Link #327
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Duke Inferno and his children must have pissed off Acheron for some reason. Amazing she could solo all of them.
Old 2024-03-20, 03:53   Link #328
Tenzen12

I don't know about that. I usually remember people that piss me off. I think they were just some random roadbloack she removed.
Old 2024-03-20, 04:41   Link #329
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I don't know about that. I usually remember people that piss me off. I think they were just some random roadbloack she removed.
the Annihilation Gang led by Duke Inferno has a trailer of their own. I was hyped that time. Thought they would be a major antagonist in Penacony.

Old 2024-03-20, 05:27   Link #330
Tenzen12

That makes it even more ironic, they aren't even worth remembering by person that killed Duke.
Old 2024-03-20, 20:18   Link #331
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I actually had a good laugh at that part
Old 2024-03-21, 03:04   Link #332
haseo0408

Quote:

The thing is that it's almost as if something inside her is eating at her memories, or at least that's what it looks like to me, maybe it's she doesn't remember or they were unworthy of her time but more like she can't remember.

Spoiler for Acheron:
Old 2024-03-21, 03:41   Link #333
Tenzen12

She obviously has issues with memories and I do think it's safe assume she is indeed eminator, but she can remember better if it's tied to strong emotions.

Well, to be fair, it's safe assume Duke was killed by "Red Oni" and Acheron was in back seat.
Old 2024-03-21, 12:17   Link #334
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Penacony plot.

ok, scary monster.. Unto Death.. but I got it on the first try. It helped that Himeko was in the party.

Sam was able to ko Serval, but got him on the first try as well. Close fight though, my team was being burnt every turn, and I had no healer in the party to remove the status effect.

Spoiler:

About Robin...

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-21, 12:19   Link #335
Tenzen12

It wasn't Sparkle yet.
Old 2024-03-22, 17:23   Link #336
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Old 2024-03-25, 03:59   Link #337
Liddo-kun
is this so?

ok, yesterday and today was brutal.

sadly. was only able to complete Hanu's Prison Break and Dreamjolt in one server. In EU and USA, can only finish the Prison Break. I misjudged the amount of time needed to complete the events... was doing the events + simulated universe + Genshin yesterday on my day off. Slept at 3:30 in the morning. lol

on the positive side, I finally got Guinaifen on all servers. She never appeared on pulls. Glad she finally came home.
Old 2024-03-25, 18:45   Link #338
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
on the positive side, I finally got Guinaifen on all servers. She never appeared on pulls. Glad she finally came home.
Congratz, think we get a selector next patch in case you missing someone else.
Old 2024-03-26, 00:11   Link #339
haseo0408

Just 20 more hours to get Acheron, by the amount of jade I have I say I have about an 80% chance of getting her, fingers crossed on that! And good look to all of you that I'm pulling for her!.
Old 2024-03-26, 02:01   Link #340
relentlessflame

*Administrator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I can't even with this trailer. Listen carefully to the music here and you'll hear that it's a remix of the Raiden Shogun trailer with some elements literally backwards. Insanity.