AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 11:21   Link #61
SMASHERJACKSON

for some reason, im expecting shiryuu and or blackbeard to turn up AFTER magellans been defeated to kill him and take his fruit to be made use of by shiryuu or another BB crew member
Old 2009-06-18, 11:32   Link #62
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
We didn't really see him fighting much tbh. His fighting style is awesome though.

btw does anyone still see him being on par with Luffy at this point in the manga? Cos I've been reading some pretty ridiculous things elsewhere (ie arlong park), lots of ppl saying how Croc is one of the strongest characters in the OP world, being on par or even surpassing Luffy. Thats bs. IMO hes probably the weakest shichibukai, and he was defeated early on in the manga. Compare him with Kizaru, Kuma or even Magellan and we can clearly see that he is not on the same level as the others.
Crocodile IS strong, his main weakness is that his fruit powers are so easily negated, anything moisture can turn Crocodile to solid and allow you deliver physical blows to his body.

However even IF you know his weakness it can be difficult to reach his body with liquids specially if Crocodile is expecting it.

Croc is very intelligent and clever fighter with tons of experience, I guess he bit underestimated Luffy back in Alabasta and Logias dont really shine that much in cramped places.

Suna-Suna IS Logia afterall and its very deadly fruit with huge offensive power and it can cripple even strongest fighters with one hit, I think that he is more powerful than people give him credit, if he fights seriosly and keeps guard up he dont have that much to fear.
Old 2009-06-18, 13:18   Link #63
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yep, Oda is taking Marvel's (and DC's) ideas and making them even better
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Croc is very intelligent and clever fighter with tons of experience, I guess he bit underestimated Luffy back in Alabasta and Logias dont really shine that much in cramped places.

Suna-Suna IS Logia afterall and its very deadly fruit with huge offensive power and it can cripple even strongest fighters with one hit, I think that he is more powerful than people give him credit, if he fights seriosly and keeps guard up he dont have that much to fear.
That entire fight was sh8t writing on Odas part, the reason why Croc lost was coz "Luffy IS the main character and has to win, screw making the win legit for the main character or acceptable. The Luffy faNBOIS WON'T CArE AnD WlL SidE wItH Me nO MatTeR What ha ha ha ha, Namanka Punch."

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-06-18 at 13:35. Reason: ...........don't ask
Old 2009-06-18, 14:07   Link #64
marvelB

I don't really like discussing the "tiers" of the Shichibukai because honestly, I don't believe that there's any outright "strongest" or "weakest" in the group. They all have their pros and cons (though admittedly we still don't know much about Mihawk and Doflamingo, but I think the point still stands). For instance, I could easily say that Moria is the weakest out of them because he's lazy and relies on his servants to do most of the work for him, but that doesn't really make him any less dangerous. Even without the aid of his zombies, we know that he can screw around with his opponents with his Doppelman, and can absorb shadows to make himself stronger (ironically, Shadows Asgard ended up being his downfall at Thriller Bark.....). And hey, he can instantly win any fight he has if he just swipes his opponent's shadow in broad daylight. So IMO, there wouldn't really be a "strongest" in the group if they all have broken powers from the get-go......

....And speaking of the Shichibukai, I hope Blackbeard comes back soon, mainly so we can see the rest of his crew in action. It'll especially be interesting to see whether or not Shiryuu will actually join up with him. He's supposed to be as powerful as Magellan, so I wonder if this means that he has an ultimate move that's as insane as Hell's Judgement.....?
Old 2009-06-18, 14:20   Link #65
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....And speaking of the Shichibukai, I hope Blackbeard comes back soon, mainly so we can see the rest of his crew in action. It'll especially be interesting to see whether or not Shiryuu will actually join up with him. He's supposed to be as powerful as Magellan, so I wonder if this means that he has an ultimate move that's as insane as Hell's Judgement.....?
I think he has jioned up with Blacky, Shiryuu would make for a great opponent for Zoro, can't wait to see what Shiryuu's can pull off after seeing his equals Hell's Judgement move.
Old 2009-06-18, 14:38   Link #66
james0246

^It'll certainly be interesting to find out. Now that we have seen just how powerful Magellan is, I can't wait to see what Shiryuu could have up his sleeve.

In regards to the chapter, is it just me, or does anyone else want Crocodile and Daz to try and betray the Luffy Breakout Gang? For some reason I really want to see a fight between Daz and Buggy: A person made out of cutting utensils vs. a person who can't be cut. Maybe throw Inazuma into the mix, and a fun little battle could develop...
Old 2009-06-18, 15:19   Link #67
Tommy
Mr. Prince

With the breakneck pace of this arc, Oda has really set the anime team up nicely to create fillers for the fights and battles that weren't shown entirely. I just hope that they can make some decent stuff up, because if done right it could be pretty sweet.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:23   Link #68
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It is not only that. What the other characters are doing will also be taken care of by the anime team. So, they have a lot of story to write and animate. I think they should be more happy with this than us, considering that they must be the ones to have suffered the most during the enies lobby arc, by not being able to do much since there was no opening to insert any good quality filler item based on the actual storyline.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:39   Link #69
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In regards to the chapter, is it just me, or does anyone else want Crocodile and Daz to try and betray the Luffy Breakout Gang? For some reason I really want to see a fight between Daz and Buggy: A person made out of cutting utensils vs. a person who can't be cut. Maybe throw Inazuma into the mix, and a fun little battle could develop...

I have absolutely no doubt that Crocoboy will eventually betray the band of escapees at some point, but I don't expect him to do so until everyone at least reaches Marineford. However, I also expect Iva to spill the beans on whatever secret Croc's hiding when that time comes, to show that his betrayal will not go unpunished......

As far as a possible Buggy vs. Daz goes, I do think it would be a pretty neat idea. Plus, the fact that el numero uno's power won't work on the good captain will further go to show that he shouldn't be underestimated. You can always count on Buggy to flash things up!
Old 2009-06-18, 15:53   Link #70
shankss
CP10

So in the end it is not possible for our team to defeat Magellan.BB and Shiryu better watch out since he will be going back to his lair to save his prison at least.I see no way of Magellan catching Luffy and co now still It was cool that Maggy forced everyone to run like hell without getting a scratch.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:59   Link #71
kakakka

Quote:
I have absolutely no doubt that Crocoboy will eventually betray the band of escapees at some point, but I don't expect him to do so until everyone at least reaches Marineford.
Yeah, betrayal this time, even if Iva is not there, is still a suicide since Jimbei can take them both down easily now that they are outside, on the open sea.
Old 2009-06-18, 17:50   Link #72
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Can we really say Jinbei is awesome, Is he really Oda? I think not, I would like to see him in battle to prove his "awesome."

I'm expecting Mags to prevent team Rescue Ace from going any further next chapter.
Old 2009-06-18, 17:56   Link #73
james0246

^Yeah, I was baffled by the endnote, as well. Why was Oda, or his editor, emphasizing the "awesomeness"" of Jinbei? It was very weird...

That being said, I could see Magellan's avatar growing even larger now that he is outside, and since the poison spreads like an infection, it seems plausible that Magellan could destroy the sea around him...
Old 2009-06-18, 18:00   Link #74
marvelB

^Yeah, that's definitely possible. In fact, I kinda like the idea of seeing a few dead sea kings float up to the surface shortly after Magellan's "demon" pollutes the ocean. That would probably be the greatest testament to Magellan's already monstrous abilities yet......
Old 2009-06-18, 18:04   Link #75
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
^Yeah, after Mags pollutes the sea, he can Venom Road and spray the Raid on the other roaches...Unless Luffy turns into Captain Planet and take pollution down to zero, cause you know, he's a hero

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-06-18 at 21:14.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:11   Link #76
james0246

Earth - Crocodile
Fire - Ace?
Wind - Buggy?
Water - Jinbei
Heart - Luffy

Damn, there are not enough pieces to make Captain Planet (what with Ace missing), so I guess no Captain Planet today...
Old 2009-06-18, 20:14   Link #77
kakakka

Quote:
I'm expecting Mags to prevent team Rescue Ace from going any further next chapter.
Well, its his job. I'll be really disappointed if he just watched them escape now....

Quote:
I was baffled by the endnote, as well.
I really didn't mind that. Most of the times, I find those things/end notes exaggerate some scene or the chapter.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:21   Link #78
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Earth - Crocodile
Fire - Ace?
Wind - Buggy?
Water - Jinbei
Heart - Luffy

Damn, there are not enough pieces to make Captain Planet (what with Ace missing), so I guess no Captain Planet today...
wind = dragon if you believe the speculation around here.

heart is okama king/queen of course
Old 2009-06-19, 02:06   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I'm lovin how OP chapters are coming out way sooner then either Bleach or Naruto chapters ^^
Old 2009-06-19, 10:09   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
heart is okama king/queen of course

Personally, I think Iva could be Ace's substitute for fire, seeing as he's a flaming okama.

It's still too bad that Mr. 3 didn't make a wax afro for Luffy, though. If he had, Magellan would've been thrashed long before he had the chance to unleash Hell's Judgement. Oh well, maybe we'll see the return of Afro Power in a future battle.....
Closed Thread