Old 2011-07-01, 14:14   Link #1921
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I was right about Victorique going to Japan
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 14:26   Link #1922
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

A happy ending for both Victorique and Kazuya! I was really afraid that Kazuya would died and leave Victorique all alone.. Fortunately it didn't happen though the ending makes Kazuya seems like a lolicon since Victorique didn't grow at all..
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 14:28   Link #1923
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The last episode was great but it really is a bit of a piss take that the genuine potential of this show was only ever fully realised in the last two episodes. If they got rid of one of the more pointless mystery cases at the start and gave more episodes to this bit, I could've liked it a lot more. They gave such little time to Kujo even though this would've been a major moment of character development for him (something he sorely needed).

This show had it's flaws but I want to remember it's good sides more than it's bad sides. I'll be generous and give it an 8/10 (though it's a very low 8 and I might change it to 7 on one of my moodier days)

[edit]

Quicker than I expected. It's definitely a 7/10.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-07-01 at 15:40.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 15:11   Link #1924
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yay happy end! Lol to the end Grevil couldn't talk to her directly, glad he at least let her get away. So were they both named Brian? Nice to see their past as well. I was surprised as well with Vicorique's hair color change, thought it was just dye though to hep hide her. Nice that they showed everyone else after the war. Lol at Avril getting the letter back. The end was beautiful.
Old 2011-07-01, 15:22   Link #1925
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^^^

Actually I think her hair colour changed as a way for her to survive (and after everything she's experienced) naturally after Brain's death.

I wont post my final impressions of the show just yet, but after watching the final episode, just posting on twitter isn't enough.

I'm a bit hot headed after the finale episode, so it's a bit long
Spoiler for Gosick finale:
More to come ...
Old 2011-07-01, 15:47   Link #1926
Zakoo

I shed some tears, it was so beautiful.

As for the hair color, a huge mental choc is sometimes followed by a decoloration of the hairs, though I don't know how it's done.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 16:03   Link #1927
gameboy234

I thought kujo leg is missing? Am i missing something?
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 17:48   Link #1928
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
I thought kujo leg is missing? Am i missing something?
I did wonder if Kujo was going to turn up in a wheelchair, but I guess he was just wounded and hallucinating, then he got better....

Final thoughts from me: Well, we got a happy ending, which was good.

But I fear that whenever the topic of "bad pacing" comes up it won't be long before this series finale is brought up.
It's like they were taken by surprise when they realised there were only two episodes left, and had to just cram all the remaining plot points into that short length of time. It all collapsed into a disjointed sequence of snippets.
If they'd had 26 episodes, they might have got away with it. If they had four episodes to go through the same events, they could have linked things up more, shown Kujo in the army, shown Victorique finding her way to Japan, shown a bit more of the 'what happened to (x) next'...

I loved the series, don't get me wrong, but those last two episodes were dreadfully rushed.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 18:32   Link #1929
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Hopefully they go south off the main island and never bother with Either Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:17   Link #1930
momotarou

After all, the happy ending is good. I had long forgotten.

I wish you much love and happiness.Mrs.Victorique
momotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:31   Link #1931
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Suigintou is proud, her niece decided to follow her footsteps

Surprisingly fulfilling ending, I got touched by it, especially the part where Victorique gets those letters. She was crying with joy when she got them. I cried with her lol.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:13   Link #1932
Dralha

Absolute PERFECT ending! Victorique looked stunning!
Old 2011-07-01, 20:24   Link #1933
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
^^^

Actually I think her hair colour changed as a way for her to survive (and after everything she's experienced) naturally after Brain's death.

I wont post my final impressions of the show just yet, but after watching the final episode, just posting on twitter isn't enough.

I'm a bit hot headed after the finale episode, so it's a bit long
Spoiler for Gosick finale:
More to come ...
This right here. Exactly. I enjoyed episode yet was disappointed at the same time. I felt there was much missing in this episode. I wanted that scene with Kujo and his legs missing to continue; it was beautiful yet it seemed out of place. I understood where they were trying to go with it but it felt disjointed. Yes, and where was Victorique living during the period between the boat and meeting up with Kujo again? I thought the hair change was a lovely addition.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 21:41   Link #1934
X207
Gamyūsa

loved the episode. it did get me worried when kujo was injured in battle. both of them just surviving was perfect, meeting again even better.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:12   Link #1935
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This show needed that extra episode.

The ending is kind of underwhelming and a bit too rushed. The extra episode would have gone a long way.
]
I guess the ending serves to leave the characters open to future use by the author. Even though the saga of their union is over, they can go back to doing what they did best... solve mysteries.

Some of the subplots were left unresolved. It basically ends, "Victorica and Kujo will meet their friends again."

Anyhow, the king pretty much wants to bury everything that happened with the Marquis. He's even handing out pardons.

Maybe we'll get OAVs and novels of their adventures as a married couple that travels around the world solving mysteries.

Everything back in Sauville goes back to business as usual, it seems.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:44   Link #1936
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 22:57   Link #1937
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

perfect happy ending

I don't really want to expect another unpredictable ending... I just want both of them to be happy....
yeah! we need OVA about the happy time in academy again

Even though it's a bit rushed... I think it's a well fulfilled episode

Grevil is rocks!!! hahaha....
and the king finally can find someone to rely with.... thanks to Roget...

Victorique and Kujo absolutely has gone through a lot... to think that they will ended up in Japan together is really unpredictable for me
Kujo also has matured a lot.... while Victorique learns a lot....

9/10 from me.... thanks Bones for giving me this anime.... anyway.. silver-haired Victorique maybe want to defeat Tachibana Kanade's popularity... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:54   Link #1938
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A very solid ending, they managed to build quite a tension leading towards the end, but I am glad it all worked out fine. special thumbs up to the drama-build up towards the last quarter of the series.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:01   Link #1939
fazer

Glad its a happy ending!... otherwise there will be too much sorrow this season
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:14   Link #1940
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm happy with this show, which pulled itself up quite a bit in the last few episodes.They crammed too much into each of them though. I wish they had dispensed with several earlier episodes and expanded these. Victorique's journey? Meeting the family?

But a good show, nevertheless. And a terrific performance from Yuuki Aoi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen