AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-28, 11:50   Link #61
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
I don't know what country your from but in the UK if your a Father out with your young kids expect to get police coming up to you and asking questions.

The joy of living in a country with a very high proportion of single mothers.
I am from the UK. Not once have I seen police approach fathers spending time with their sons/daughters
Old 2012-01-30, 19:45   Link #62
Seiryuu

I think it's like someone else said, the problem wasn't that it was a "grown" man walking with a little girl. It was the way he behaved, nervously looking around. He didn't look like a father taking his daughter for a stroll. He looked like he expected someone to come after him; the neighbors just figured he expected someone to go after him because he was doing something suspicious. Still, I'd love to see him get just one chance to be close to Hina-chan without getting in trouble. As I said, if he has to wait until they look the same age to even show any signs of liking her then someone else will definitely snatch her away from him.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 09:19   Link #63
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's Soujirou from Mitsudomoe the early years. Although that got old all the time just like here and were only at episode 5...

On a side note can't wait to see Atsumi's friend meet him again...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:33   Link #64
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 5 is out and it focuses around the early Feb festival of throwing beans at demons, it seems.

Not so bad ... although the police chasing Atsushi thing is getting a little old already. Oh well.

Speaking of things getting old, I know others have said this, but I really do wish this had been given a fuller treatment and a full 24 minute ep season ... 12 eps could have been fine. -_-
Old 2012-02-01, 14:23   Link #65
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ehh, there's only so much I can laugh or smile at Atsushi getting chased by the police

The rest was pretty good though Atsushi was able to scare all the kids
Old 2012-02-01, 18:12   Link #66
broken270
Defying gravity

The reaction from the teacher when Atsushi fell on her and also Atsushi's response to fall down right after.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:20   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow, what's he going to grow into? A harem hero?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 04:16   Link #68
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - watched ep 6 and liked it. Nothing special or "out of the ordinary" per se, but it was sweet and made me smile.
Old 2012-02-08, 12:11   Link #69
Sides

I am bit late this season, for some reason I thought that Recorder to Randoseru a standard 24min series, and almost didn't bother to check it out.
So far, great intro to the series with the crossing over ^^ and you already have a couple of running gags as well.
Morita-san wa Mukuchi and Double-J showed how much you can do in 3min, but I think I am going to lower my expectations, so i won't be disappointed. So far so good.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:09   Link #70
broken270
Defying gravity

I like the new opening where Atsumi was making a cake as tall or possibly taller than herself. Atsushi said any chocolate is fine, but Hina gave him a chocolate blob. Since he likes her, he will eat it because she took the time to make it for him, right? Also, the boys are trying to fool themselves that they got chocolate from a girl.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:12   Link #71
Johnny
Working the bags...

Holy crap, he didn't get arrested or chased by the police this time around. Hopefully they're done with that schtick finally...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 15:35   Link #72
Nerroth
NePoi!

This week's lesson; if you try and give your friend the same chocolate they are making with you, that person will not be impressed.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:08   Link #73
LKK

Such a cute & timely episode. The disconnect between Atushi's personality and his size never fails to amuse me. I'm glad that they dropped the police / adult misunderstanding schtick. I hope it remains dropped for many episodes to come.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 14:04   Link #74
ookamigirl

Well, this was the first where he didn't get into trouble ^^
His sister's friend sure acts a lot like a middle schooler LOL

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 17:37   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The series obviously knows that the incongruity is much more pronounced with Atsushi than with his sister, and that's where most of the potential humor lies. Just steer clear of the gag with the cops, please.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 18:04   Link #76
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The series obviously knows that the incongruity is much more pronounced with Atsushi than with his sister, and that's where most of the potential humor lies.
So true. The female who looks years below her age (a.k.a. the loli who isn't really a loli) has become a regular of anime lately. The reverse -- a male who's much younger than he looks -- is far less common at the moment.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 20:31   Link #77
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ah good, they let off on the "Get That Child Molester" joke this week.

Assuming he has NOT passed his growth-spurt yet, if Atsushi eats ALL of that chocolate, the calcium is gonna turn him into a total GIANT!!

And I can't get enough of "Sweet-And-Gentle-Kugimiya-Rie", LESS Aria-and-Louise, MORE THIS PLEASE!!

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-02-10 at 20:49.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 08:27   Link #78
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I am from the UK. Not once have I seen police approach fathers spending time with their sons/daughters
Same, never even heard about that.
Though what I know is that you can't let a child play on its own =/

Truthfully UK has a lot of dumb laws with which I can't agree even after living here for 5 years already.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:05   Link #79
Forsaken_Infinity

Oh damn this is a hidden gem that I am late in witnessing the magnificence of.

I can totally see why you guys wish this was full length but I think it's all good that this show ended up in the format it did. I quite like the short format though, based on my experience with it the past year, so it might just be me. Perhaps it could have been about as long as that show with the KK field (no longer remember the name of the show >_>, 30 something) or Yondemasuyo Azazel-san (this one was really good) were. It leaves a lot of room for imagination as it is, at least ^^
Old 2012-02-15, 08:14   Link #80
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched episode 7.

They pretty much got Atsushi perfect in this episode when it comes to acting his age They always want to go to someplace that doesn't suit them and then face the consenquences Poor Atsumi, getting shaken up like that by her younger brother

And now Atsushi has another girl that likes him

Tags
romance, seinen