AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 07:39   Link #161
Taken

Ahh the last episode... what can I do to fill the void that is left behind by Toradora... sigh

What I like about this epi....
1) Yat-chan finally going home and meeting her parents after 16-17 years (and showing Toradora does have some stuff on family bonds)
2) Grandma putting Taiga and Ryuji together even after what her daughter went through... that woman really want her great grand kids fast lolz
3) That cute kiss scene
4) Taiga finally wanting to finally wants to resolve things with her mom/family (though a little selfish since she did leave for a year)
5) Minori slapping Ryuji (it's like Minori telling Ryuji "you took away my girl and now you let her run away alone?!?! i m so gonna bitchslap you all the way back to your mother's womb!!!" ) and later telling him she's not sorry lolz. Still as badass as ever haha
6) Minori explanation about the picture of the star (looks like an orange tho lol) which really brings out one of the other main theme of the series: Friendship
7) Ami's confession (damn Ami read the memo, confession episode was last week! kekeke)
8) Kitmura going America after his graduation. No doubt going for Sumire.
9) Ryuji finding Taiga in the cabinet (which reminds me of the 1st epi) and his confession (damn it Ryuji read the memo, confession episode was... nvm)

Reserving the rest for series final comments =)
Old 2009-03-26, 07:41   Link #162
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Ugh. Too angsty in some ways. Not in THIS episode, but when everybody comes together so well and nice like that, just what was the damn point about all that angst before? So they get all angsty and dramatic and it all comes down to meeting grandparents and getting along right then and there? And instead of torturing Aisaka and Ryuuji over their intentions, what the hell were Minori and Ami were doing all along by teasing them over the edge? Especially when they just had the straightest of intentions for them as friends supporting them?

The end just didn't feel right to me. It felt too hunky dory for all the ridiculous drama behind it.
Old 2009-03-26, 08:10   Link #163
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yep. It was a good ending. Good show.
Old 2009-03-26, 08:20   Link #164
typhonsentra

Kudos to CoalGuys for working overtime to get this thing out within 1/2 a day of hitting the net, you guys outdid yourself this time.

The subs also reconfirm the way I felt about this episode before, it's the perfect closing to this series. I'm sad to see it go now though, as I don't think I'll find another show on par with it for quite some time now.

It's. Just. So. Good. All the storylines ended satisfyingly, I even got a little choked up when Yasuko and Ryuuji were talking about her life leading up to his birth, I dunno if those details were anime original or not but they were very touching either way.

Again: So. Freaking. Good. One of the best shows to come along in years, animated or otherwise. 10/10 and I'd go higher if I could.

Edit: Just read throught he thread and found this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Wow you call this pretty solid ending? Who says they will marry? Who says they will even stay together in the future and such: dude this is open ended ending. If you fail to realize this because you're a shipper I can understand, but facts are facts!
Dude.... the entire episode is about them wanting to be together and developing their relationship. It ends with him a year later telling her that he still loves her (One of the final lines of the episode) along with them reiterating the opening prologue of the story about "Finding that precious thing that no one's seen". I know sometimes the show can skim over details that are easy to miss but my God, how the hell are you not putting these things together? The point of the epilogue was that as he said right before the fade to the credits was that he'd always feel the same about her, his confession at the end was proof of that.

I mean, these characters have both confessed their love for each other, all other love interests have accepted the relationship, they've kissed multiple times and have no problem with PDAs anymore, and oh yeah, are engaged. And yet, all of these things are not enough to solidify the relationship in your eyes?

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-03-26 at 08:50.
Old 2009-03-26, 08:22   Link #165
kenecix

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Kudos to CoalGuys for working overtime to get this thing out within 1/2 a day of hitting the net, you guys outdid yourself this time.

The subs also reconfirm the way I felt about this episode before, it's the perfect closing to this series. I'm sad to see it go now though, as I don't think I'll find another show on par with it for quite some time now.

It's. Just. So. Good. All the storylines ended satisfyingly, I even got a little choked up when Yasuko and Ryuuji were talking about her life leading up to his birth, I dunno if those details were anime original or not but they were very touching either way.

Again: So. Freaking. Good. One of the best shows to come along in years, animated or otherwise. 10/10 and I'd go higher if I could.
Agreed. Gotta thank CoalGuys for all their releases
Old 2009-03-26, 08:27   Link #166
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Very good show! Not highest top tier godly like status, but undoubtedly the best show during the time period it aired for.

As a side note, this episode proves that serafuku > blazer lol.
Old 2009-03-26, 08:47   Link #167
wistfulloner

This episode left my skin tingling a bit after finishing it. Considering this is my first anime I've ever followed seriously, my opinions might be extreme in praises, but who cares? THIS EPISODE WAS THE BOMB.

Reiterating what has been discussed, (I was in school while you guys were singing praises ) these are a few thoughts...

1) The kiss scene gave me those warm fuzzies, and was just simply oh-so heartwarming... That has to be the most EPIC kiss scene ever.

"It's cold, so lets do it one more..."

*kiss*

"one more..."

*kiss*

"one more..."

That was just the finest example of young love personified...

2) One year? Really, Ryuji, you can wait a year for Taiga? I think this really speaks volumes about how he feels about Taiga. It's not the kind of lovey dovey crushes you see in the stereotypical everyday, more like two people who know each other inside out, enough to know each others' intentions. But really, will they still get married? What implications does Taiga going to a different school have for the couple? How does Taiga settle into a completely different environment? Sad to say, we will never know...

3) Really, I know this is quite a standard way of ending off shows, but I've never really gotten used to it. Just suddenly ending off in a trivial and informal note just leaves me somewhat unfulfilled. Don't get me wrong, it's still an epic ending, but this is just something personal.

10/10 for this episode, 10/10 for the entire series. My Thursdays will never be the same again...
Old 2009-03-26, 08:48   Link #168
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Despite some foibles in its armor, I thought it was a good show overall. Highlights of the episode include the wonderful kissing scene (among the better ones, not the best); the beautiful and subtle imagery during the final conversation between Ami and Ryuuji; and finally the satisfying ending.

I didn't really look that much into the episode, but here are my impressions expounded:

Toradora 25 - So the love birds flew ...
Old 2009-03-26, 08:54   Link #169
Thoguht

Birds.

No, really, it's all about birds What do we see in the first scene of this episode? A pair of birds. What's that in the final scene with the end titles? A pair of birds. What about the one point where, just possibly, Ami is making her final play? Oh look, you see a pair of birds fly past the window (around 19:00). Why birds? Because in the popular imagination (if not in reality for the Tree Sparrows depicted) birds mate for life. Some migratory birds will even mate and after a while go off to the other side of the world and maybe even lead separate lives, but in a year's time, though, they'll come back together again in the exact same place as before.

Even if that last bit was just coincidence (and the year's gap instead of a few months was to allow plenty of scope for a second season ), for me it means that we needn't worry about Taiga and Ryuuji, because whatever happens they'll always be together. Ahhhhhh.

[EDIT] Darn, physics223, you beat me to it! However, small birds don't risk electrocution on wires, only large ones big enough to make a circuit between two conductors. Shouldn't you know that, being "physics" and all
Old 2009-03-26, 09:03   Link #170
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

The damn bird finally says it's own name.

10 out of 10
Old 2009-03-26, 09:04   Link #171
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
[EDIT] Darn, physics223, you beat me to it! However, small birds don't risk electrocution on wires, only large ones big enough to make a circuit between two conductors. Shouldn't you know that, being "physics" and all
Yeah, but I was being metaphorical!
Old 2009-03-26, 09:31   Link #172
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Yeah, but I was being metaphorical!
OK, I'll give you that one Interesting we had a different view of the birds in the storage room, though. You saw it as a metaphor for Ami and Ryuuji in that they flew off in different directions, I saw it as a metaphor of Ryuuji's internal dialog that he should stay faithful. I suppose it comes down to one's view of Ami - basically, I still don't trust her. I'm not saying that men are trustworthy and women aren't, but men and women have different biological imperatives that will inevitably influence their decision-making processes.
Old 2009-03-26, 09:31   Link #173
Sixth
Hu Tao

About Ryuji's father....his father isnt some gangster and still alive? or Ryuji's father that Ya-chan projected were never existed in the first place...all is the lies created by Ya-chan herself?
Old 2009-03-26, 09:44   Link #174
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
omg, kissing scene was epic for me. chills went down my spine, it was very realistic too. this is the best slice of life I've ever watched. taiga is the most tolerable tsundere I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2009-03-26, 09:59   Link #175
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was supposed to rewatch everything before I watch the last episode, but after watching episode 19, I just HAD to watch the last one so I skipped everything in between.

Anyway, damn best animated kiss I've seen in a while. Last one was Kanon 2006. Yasuko strangely enough reminds me a bit of Tomoya father in Clannad, albeit she didn't fall into despair at least.

As for the open endedness of the ending... well... life goes on does it not? An open ending can only suggest that indeed all of them have the rest of their lives to look forward to, and even if the show ends here, their lives are just beginning anew. Anyone who's in college and/or beyond knows exactly what I mean. Just like Lovely Complex before it that ended on a similar note, the characters knew the feeling that life goes on. High school graduation is the end of one stage and the beginning of another. This ending to me is much, much better than an ending that screams "This is it!" and nothing more.

Because clearly it is not. It's not as if their lives are over or the only and biggest event of their lives has reached the curtain call. They're barely at the end of their teens. Kitamura might be going to the US, Ryuuji might go to college, Ami might go into modelling again, Kushieda might go to sports college, and the list goes on. I emphasize the word "might" because... well... can anyone say with any degree of certainty?

And that's exactly what this ending is. The future is not over, it is not yet determined, it is not destined. Rather than give an all-for-all conclusion, it gives us just a brief hint of the possible future. We see varying hints of the future of if's and maybe's.

The reason I love this ending is because we know that, as I've said before, life goes on. This is the end of our time with this cast of characters, they have their lives to continue living, and we are left with an open wonderment of what life has in store for them. We can only speculate, but then again, life is itself one hell of a speculation. This ending is far more real than any ending closed ending can ever provide for a group of friends at the beginning of their adult lives.

Everything beyond that is, in a way, no longer our concern. Our train stops here, and it's time we got off. Their HS graduation is the end of the ride for us viewers. We can only go so far as this, everything beyond is no longer for our eyes. The trains these characters ride will go far beyond the ending of the show.

Even then, we will always have Toradora in our hearts, won't we?

As for me, with Clannad and Toradora over, withdrawal symptoms should start manifesting in the next 4 days.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:02   Link #176
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
omg, kissing scene was epic for me. chills went down my spine, it was very realistic too. this is the best slice of life I've ever watched. taiga is the most tolerable tsundere I've ever had the pleasure to watch.
Have you watched Honey and Clover? Just asking.

If no, you should go watch it.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:07   Link #177
typhonsentra

I need to finish H and C someday (Last 6 episodes of season 2 I think) but... is their any pay-off? I've heard the ending is upsetting to a lot of people and from what I was told about it I don't know if it's worth continuing.

As for the vagueness of what'll happen next for the couple, I dunno if I want an original sequel. I mean I'd like it but.... I don't think it would be done properly as they'd try to force in other character cameos that wouldn't make much sense, namely Ami who as she said herself, is moving in a different direction from her friends after graduation. Unless it was some kind of reunion special. Either way I could see Minori randomly coming to see Taiga and Ryuuji considering they've been so close for so long.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:08   Link #178
Kushi

Just watched the raw, and as expected it was an amazing series. The only thing I wished was that they never have introducted Ami in the first place... from episode like 10 to 25 I've wished that she do something, even if she got rejected it doesn't matter. However, this series really pissed me off when the whole theme they had with Ami was "be true to yourself" and in the end she never showed it. I was only watching in anticpation that Ami does something.. in the end nothing happened..

Even if I completely ignore Ami and think of how great of a series this actually was. I can't. Ami was by far easily the most interesting character that I wanted to know about, that I wanted to do something, that sometimes I wished she ended with Ryuuji instead. Instead they just made her silently and at random times tell us how she felt, which in my opinion was horrible, because she never acted on any of her feelings. I was so disappointed because of that. But nevertheless it was really good series.

I hated how they made her so interesting, like I couldn't help but be interested in her and yet they slap you in the face by going, HA nothing's gonna happen with the character you like the most!
Old 2009-03-26, 10:09   Link #179
hai_san

Really in the first half i though i was watching Clannad again... with all the talk about "family" bond relations etc.

Well the ending was pretty much perfect for me.

"Since ancient times only the dragon is equal to the tiger" i should use this as my sig from now on

Only thing that didnt resolve is i think Ryuuji decision, what he wants to do, study or working...
Old 2009-03-26, 10:11   Link #180
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I need to finish H and C someday (Last 6 episodes of season 2 I think) but... is their any pay-off? I've heard the ending is upsetting.
I wasn't upset. It wasn't as good as the first season (man, now that was great anime), but it was still a very good one. I loved how they resolved a lot of things and gave more depth to the characters. I also actually cried at the ending - 'twas beautiful.
Closed Thread